PDA

View Full Version : Question for fine haired ladies +my milestone

cdonald2
July 24th, 2015, 09:35 PM
Basically ive been above shoulder since before I can remember after a perm gone horribly wrong. So, Last February, I got my hair cut by someone in a salon since that mishap (about 3 years ago) This whole time ive been trimming since the dual texture bothered me to no end. So now, my hair is virgin hair. Ive been using equyss hoof and tail growth as well as ketoconazale 2% shampoo (originally for dandruff, kept using when i saw growth) and a moisturizing conditoner.

Basically, my cut in February was the best cut i had in my life, and ive been able to go without trims since then. (mostly through buns) I just wanted to share.

I want to get hilights once i reach BSL (subtle ones maybe [depends if i love my hair natural when i get to this milestone]) I was just wondering how long it took everyone who has fine hair to get to BSL from shoulder/ collarbone (YES! im at collarbone)

anywho :) pix

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtp1/v/t34.0-12/11705221_1021219774577037_159836536713843268_n.jpg ?oh=fedd48e4cff0469b68fa67ff56948cd6&oe=55B5F29A

Nadine <3
July 24th, 2015, 09:41 PM
For me collar bone to BSL was about 2 years.

MidnightMoon
July 24th, 2015, 09:41 PM
Basically ive been above shoulder since before I can remember after a perm gone horribly wrong. So, Last February, I got my hair cut by someone in a salon since that mishap (about 3 years ago) This whole time ive been trimming since the dual texture bothered me to no end. So now, my hair is virgin hair. Ive been using equyss hoof and tail growth as well as ketoconazale 2% shampoo (originally for dandruff, kept using when i saw growth) and a moisturizing conditoner.

Basically, my cut in February was the best cut i had in my life, and ive been able to go without trims since then. (mostly through buns) I just wanted to share.

I want to get hilights once i reach BSL (subtle ones maybe [depends if i love my hair natural when i get to this milestone]) I was just wondering how long it took everyone who has fine hair to get to BSL from shoulder/ collarbone (YES! im at collarbone)

anywho :) pix

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtp1/v/t34.0-12/11705221_1021219774577037_159836536713843268_n.jpg ?oh=fedd48e4cff0469b68fa67ff56948cd6&oe=55B5F29A

Maybe I'm wrong but the time it takes each person to grow their hair doesn't really depend on their hair's thickness. Coarse hair might be more resistant to damage and reach a length faster, but how fast you'll get to a certain length depends more on your hair growth rate/speed, your height, and how you take care of it.

And to answer your question, I've never been to collar length since I was about 4, but taking into account the distance from collarbone to BSL my guess would be that it would take me about a year and a half?
I believe my hair grows -or seems to grow- at different speed at times, perhaps it's a matter of perspective, or how much I can make myself forget about it and then notice the sudden growth, or my health, but still...

Deborah
July 24th, 2015, 10:44 PM
The texture of your hair has nothing to do with the speed of growth. The average person's hair grows 1/2 inch per month, so about 6 inches per year. But plenty of people have faster growing hair than that. Only you can tell if your hair is fast, average or slow growing. If you want to know more precisely, measure your hair on a particular date, then measure again one month later on that same date. Do that for a number of months, and you will learn how fast your hair grows per month. It may vary a little from month to month, but it's not too hard to find the average.

The easiest way to measure your hair's length is to hold a cloth or plastic (flexible) tape measure right at the center of your hairline in front, then holding that in place, drape the rest of the tape back over your hair until it reaches the center bottom of your hair in back. Read and note that measurement. Then next month do the same and compare.

Good luck with your growing! :flower:

p.s. If you plan to put in highlights, maybe read a good bit on the list first about it. Some like the results, but lots don't like the resulting damage, so consider carefully before doing something that causes permanent damage to your hair.

pailin
July 25th, 2015, 12:16 AM
I think I was about 1 year and 9 months for shoulder to BSL, with no trims. But I only starting measuring about a month ago, so I don't know my growth rate very well- I believe it's about the average of 1/2 inch per month.
Another thing to take into account is that since measurements like 'shoulder', 'BSL', 'waist' are markers on your body, the time it takes to grow will depend upon the person- those aren't the same distance on everyone. Height, proportions (ie if you're long-waisted) make a difference- for example, I'm 5'8"; 'waist' on me would be longer than it would be on a girl who is 5'0".

Kome
July 25th, 2015, 09:59 AM
My hair is about the same length when wet (I have poofy hair) and I expect it to be to BSL within' a year. I know about how fast my hair grows though and have had it long in the past.

Radioduck
July 25th, 2015, 10:32 AM
It took about seven months for me, probably (well, obviously) would've taken shorter time if I hadn't trimmed it twice... :hmm:

Anyway, I second what others already has told you: texture has pretty much nothing to do with speed of growth.

Jeni
July 25th, 2015, 02:23 PM
I believe I got my hair cut last year (maybe in April our May) to about collarbone (maybe a tad longer, I got layers) and it's currently just below the top of my bra strap. I've only had it trimmed once since the cut and that was about a month ago. I think I took off between 0.5-1 inch. So about a year give or take a few months.

Like everyone else said growth rate isn't really dependent on hair type usually although with fine hair I think we are more prone to breakage. It's also going to depend on body composition. I have like no neck but I'm tall and I think my boobs (and thus my bra) sit high on my chest....

cdonald2
July 26th, 2015, 07:09 PM
hmmmm well, I think I am about 8 inches away from my BSL length. I do want to get to waist but I know the last time i felt beautiful was with my longest hair (at APL, never got farther and always wanted hair at least bsl length.)