PDA

View Full Version : keratin on curly hair

excitedmom
July 24th, 2015, 05:26 PM
I have curly wavy hair and I got keratin treatment done last Dec. Now that my hair is growing , I have fluffy wavy hair closer to the scalp and sweet straight hair for length. Last week I chopped quite a bit in an attempt yo even out the whole hair. Not there yet but trying.
Can anyone suggest something for me ? I do DT weekly starting last week. It works but today the top of my head looks mure volumised than the length which is mre smooth..
Any help is good help. Plz some advice for a newbie????

excitedmom
July 24th, 2015, 05:29 PM
ETA .. Sorry actually I need some tips for my hair to look even all over.. I felt my first post wasn't clear on this. THANKS dear LHCers.

gthlvrmx
July 24th, 2015, 05:59 PM
Do you mean you got the brazilian blowout? I think sometimes it is called a "keratin treatment". Have you looked into hair wrapping? Maybe that can smooth out the waves. Hair wrapping on damp hair can give you straighter hair.

excitedmom
July 24th, 2015, 06:09 PM
Well the stylist I went to referred to it as "Smoothing,", as opposed to Straightening. It worked well except that new growth makes it real limp on the length.

BTW what is hair wrapping??

gthlvrmx
July 24th, 2015, 06:59 PM
Hair wrapping is a way of wrapping your hair around your head to keep straight hair straight or to make your hair come out straighter. https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=hair+wrapping
Let me know if that link works and shows you the videos of hair wrapping. Also, do you want to make your hair "even out" as in all straight? Or do you want your hair to come out wavier?

excitedmom
July 24th, 2015, 07:38 PM
Thanks for the links. They work fine but that's not what I mean. I'm looking for ways to have the whole head looking the same way, all straight or all wavy. So it looks ok when I go out. I know growing my natural hair texture all the way will take time but having two different textures at the same time is funny.

Gamma Vector
July 25th, 2015, 01:35 AM
I'm sorry to tell you this, but there's nothing for it. A keratin treatment, or Brazillian straightening, or Brazillian smoothing, is a chemical method of relaxing hair. It has literally changed the structure of the growth it was applied to.

The best thing you can do is either curl your hair (I suggest using the rag curl or pin curl method and sleeping on it, but a curling iron is also an option) or straighten it. Curls will help hide the difference in texture, whereas wrapping your hair or flat ironing it straight will allow the difference to show a bit more. But either way, it's going to be there.

Wearing your hair in updos or braids will also help disguise the difference in textures.

lapushka
July 25th, 2015, 06:40 AM
This video might help you out. It's about a wavy girl who got the keratin treatment, and is now growing out her 3a'ish curls and how she combines the two textures when wearing it wavy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=919j-93QoUk

MINAKO
July 25th, 2015, 07:11 AM
Noras hair was way different before, but i think she rocks the texture mix pretty well.
I had so many of these treatments that i would have to buzz my entire head to get my natural texture back, but obviously i dont care for it. Usually i dont go long enough without a touchup for the difference to really show up, my hair at the roots is rather straightish and flat anyways. But one thing i did notice that speeds up reversion is a plain old oiling, or better say lots of these. Oil, oil, oil!!
Some say that adding salt to your shampoo speeds up reversion too, but as i think this would be hella drying i dont really think i would try that myself even if i wanted my waves back.

excitedmom
July 25th, 2015, 10:35 AM
I'm sorry to tell you this, but there's nothing for it. A keratin treatment, or Brazillian straightening, or Brazillian smoothing, is a chemical method of relaxing hair. It has literally changed the structure of the growth it was applied to.

The best thing you can do is either curl your hair (I suggest using the rag curl or pin curl method and sleeping on it, but a curling iron is also an option) or straighten it. Curls will help hide the difference in texture, whereas wrapping your hair or flat ironing it straight will allow the difference to show a bit more. But either way, it's going to be there.

Wearing your hair in updos or braids will also help disguise the difference in textures.
That is true. I have barely below shoulder hair and braids don't stay at all. Hmmmm keeping it up is what I will do..disguise and help in growth , both at the same time. .. nice....thank you.

Teagann
July 25th, 2015, 11:18 AM
You could try twisting your hair in two sections and clipping them on your head, or a rope braid for curls to conceal it somewhat.