PDA

View Full Version : My Capelli Lunghi Hairslides

khyricat
March 20th, 2008, 05:33 PM
I have to share!!

warning- these were takenafter my hair had been in the updo all day, and while I was fixing my neighbors PC - she took pics while I fixed.. since our camera is still out of commission.

First: my pride and joy: a Sugar Glider slide!

http://www.phoenix.org/kittycat/amiehair/gliderslide.JPG

next, a butterfly:

http://www.phoenix.org/kittycat/amiehair/butterfly.JPG

Lastly a geometric slide I actually got during the MI gathering at Briarwood in person!

http://www.phoenix.org/kittycat/amiehair/silverslide.JPG

and apparently I went all day with a wierd part/gap in my hair from my french braid and didn't know it until I saw the pictures! too late to fix it then!

Amie

Elfling
March 20th, 2008, 05:35 PM
Squeee, suggie slide!! I love it.

aprilmay
March 20th, 2008, 05:41 PM
Those are so cool! My husband makes barrettes that just use a slide too, fun to see cause not very common. Yours are very unique. Thanks for sharing.

sapphire-o
March 20th, 2008, 05:56 PM
Cool! Is she a member here? I tried to ask her some questions on Etsy and never got a reply.

khyricat
March 20th, 2008, 06:05 PM
yes, she is a member here..... with knee length hair!

coppercurls
March 20th, 2008, 07:18 PM
Those are great! You lucky girl~

Xandergrammy
March 20th, 2008, 07:32 PM
Cool! Is she a member here? I tried to ask her some questions on Etsy and never got a reply.

I'd send her a PM if I were you. She's really really nice and my guess is that she never got your original message on Etsy.

kissedbyfyre
March 20th, 2008, 07:32 PM
WANT that copper slide. I've been looking at these types for years but I really don't think they would hold my hair, they look so fragile. They look beautiful though!!

Xandergrammy
March 20th, 2008, 07:33 PM
Beautiful slides!! I need one, but am on a very very strict hairtoy budget. :taz:

morningstar
March 20th, 2008, 08:04 PM
She is also a very talented photographer! I can't wait to meet her and all the others soon.

khyricat
March 20th, 2008, 08:18 PM
the wire slides are amazing because of their adjustaility and that is great for me.. these aren't as big as some she makes, but for my thin hair, they are wonderful.. they were all 3 over 3 layers of folded braid... french braid folded up and then the ends tucked down through... hides my thin end of braid and gives plenty for a slide to grip into...

She had a butterfly at the gathering I got the geometric one at and someone else took it while I ordered one, and had her make me the glider.. seeing it I am SOO glad I did- got a lot of compliments today and tonight Samson jumped to it 3 times.. I think he wanted to investigate it, he's not normally one to go after hair toys, normally its just the hair.

capelli lunghi
March 20th, 2008, 10:13 PM
Oh my goodness! I just found this!! LOL.. I'm glad they are working for you, Amie!!

That is so cute that Samson liked it! haha.. He approves, I hope! lol

sapphire-o.. I'm so sorry about not getting back to you today! Our internet was out most of the day. We had to get a new cable modem and then have to reconfigure our computers.. all in all.. it was a mess! I just replied to your messages that you sent earlier!

LifeisAdventure
March 20th, 2008, 11:52 PM
I totally saw your sugar glider slide when it was reserved as a custom order on Etsy! I remember thinking, 'wow, whoever's getting that is one lucky chica.' It's so whimsical, so unique! :)

PatGear
March 21st, 2008, 01:04 AM
Thanks for sharing the action pix, Amie. The sugar glider one is just too cute. The silver really stands out on your hair, doesn't it? I also really love Sandra's artistic interpretation of the butterfly

rubyredslippers
March 21st, 2008, 03:14 AM
Ooh, I just love that suggie slide! Very, very cute. It looks great in your hair.