PDA

View Full Version : 8 years and still at it! (Anniversary post with pic.)

Hypnotica
July 19th, 2015, 07:55 AM
My, time really flies - this is my 8:th year being on this forum and growing my hair!

This year, I did hit calf lenght but only with a third of my total hair volume so when I decided
to get my yearly trim, I went back to knee. It felt very weird the first couple of days but
the hemline is now neat and there is not a lot of taper. I will probably let it grow back to
calf but only if I cn keep the volume all the way down.

I haven't been active on LHC much for the past year - work has eaten all my energy due to deadbeat
coworkers and I have been pretty much only been doing the Hypno bun, but lately I have
revisited some of my YT videos and are very much in love with the Everyday bun as it is a
non-twist bun that is very comfortable and non-slidey for me. And it looks great too.

I'm still a firm hennahead, still using coconut oil but I have also been trying out cones again.
Still on the fence about it, but it seems that low-cone condish has cut down on the tangles and
general wear and tear.

See you around!

https://scontent-fra3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/11220089_10152869788857890_763386298122464967_n.jp g?oh=0f2301b5825194ec2f726ebedff0fbfd&oe=564B9921

https://scontent-fra3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtp1/v/t1.0-9/10985036_10152854977227890_6474065240058465201_n.j pg?oh=524bb5cdbd14b0e5a622a401f4ad9e6d&oe=56588915

neko_kawaii
July 19th, 2015, 07:57 AM
Hello hair idol! Nice to see you drop by!

missblueeyes
July 19th, 2015, 08:24 AM
:thud:
Wow! I think I haven't been around long enough to ever see your hair in its full glory and now I'm thrown away by its awesomeness!
Your hemline is so pretty! I wish you all the best for reaching calf with a hemline this pretty. :)
May I ask what your exact ponytail circumfence is? If you happen to know it. :)

butterfly_dream
July 19th, 2015, 08:28 AM
Really thud-worthy hair! I hope my ends one day will come out like yours. Gorgeous.
:thudpile:

Silverbrumby
July 19th, 2015, 08:28 AM
Thud worthy hair there and I'm sorry about the deadbeat coworkers. It will be interesting to see if your cones help the growing to calf length. Btw, how hard is it to henna such a length???? Hehe. I have trouble with b s l .

Arctic
July 19th, 2015, 08:31 AM
Hi Hypnotica! Congrats on your anniversary and your beautiful hair!

It is always specially interesting to me too see your awesome length, as we joined about the same time with approx same length hair, and I am still (or I shoudl say "again") with the same length as I was 8 years ago :D The cmparison is amusing to me, thinking where my hair could potentially be by now! :D You have been very patient, and you got your cascading red waterfall of hair to prove it!

Do you still use Special effect too in addition to henna?

lapushka
July 19th, 2015, 08:32 AM
Very pretty. It's a big change from when you last did your videos (I'm subbed, I think). Congratulations.

Quasiquixotic
July 19th, 2015, 08:32 AM
AMAZING! :thudpile: I love your hair and hair tutorials!

Madora
July 19th, 2015, 08:50 AM
Your hair is gorgeous, Hypnotica. You must have patience to burn dealing with the henna process with your length! Congrats!

Aderyn
July 19th, 2015, 09:07 AM
Amazing hair, Hypnotica! Such a gorgeous color :crush:

bte
July 19th, 2015, 09:08 AM
Definitely worth a thud or two!

DweamGoiL
July 19th, 2015, 09:11 AM
Wow...beautiful length and rooting for ya to calf with a thick hem!

BrightEyes
July 19th, 2015, 09:40 AM
Your hair is absolutely stunning. I just love the color :)

Hypnotica
July 19th, 2015, 10:08 AM
May I ask what your exact ponytail circumfence is? If you happen to know it. :)

I haven't checked in years - I have stick straight, medium fine strands but a heafty amount of them. It is also very easily compressed so I think I'm in the medium range?

Thud worthy hair there and I'm sorry about the deadbeat coworkers. It will be interesting to see if your cones help the growing to calf length. Btw, how hard is it to henna such a length???? Hehe. I have trouble with b s l .

Yeah - when you are a part of a team and the work is meassured on a team level, it is highly annoying to have deadbeat coworkers. It also causes me a great deal of stress because I try to compensate by working harder. That has left me with being part time sick for a couple of months now.

It is actually not very hard to henna roots at this lenght, you get accostumed. I section off the crown making a top bun, paint the hairline with a brush and use my hands to massage in the henna in the rest of the hair, starting with the sides and back. I recon that every piece of hair gets about 3 henna treatments which leads to a darker red, just the way I like it.

Do you still use Special effect too in addition to henna?

Nope - too lazy these days. I think the colour is good without it though. I just had to get used to a warmer shade of red.

Very pretty. It's a big change from when you last did your videos (I'm subbed, I think). Congratulations.

True, haven't done a video in a long time. Maybe I should revisit some of the old ones and do a longer hair version of them?

Your hair is gorgeous, Hypnotica. You must have patience to burn dealing with the henna process with your length! Congrats!

Some days, I hate doing henna and some others I love doing it. I do love the way it looks just after but it is somewhat messy and it takes time and the plastic-bag-on-head-look is not the most sexy look :P

CRX<3
July 19th, 2015, 10:24 AM
Your hair is more than beautiful :pegasus:, nice too se a similiar hair type with super lenght in great condition!

hypersensitive
July 19th, 2015, 11:14 AM
Beautiful hypnotica!

meteor
July 19th, 2015, 11:15 AM
Oh WOW! Phenomenal hair!! :thudpile:

I'm a big fan of your tutorials! Thank you so much for your YT channel and super-helpful tutorials! :flowers:

Happy Hairiversary, Hypnotica!! :cake: :joy:

Johannah
July 19th, 2015, 11:58 AM
Your hair is stunning! Congrats!!

spidermom
July 19th, 2015, 12:06 PM
I've missed your blog. Your hair looks absolutely breathtaking!

lapushka
July 19th, 2015, 12:22 PM
True, haven't done a video in a long time. Maybe I should revisit some of the old ones and do a longer hair version of them?

That would be amazing! Great idea!!! :)

Not Lynn Merely
July 19th, 2015, 12:29 PM
Ooooh that hair... :heartbeat

EdG
July 19th, 2015, 12:32 PM
Congratulations, Hypnotica. :thud:
Ed

nakima
July 19th, 2015, 01:00 PM
Wow! Very pretty. what length did you start at 8 years ago? it looks so healthy, great job!

Hypnotica
July 19th, 2015, 01:17 PM
Wow! Very pretty. what length did you start at 8 years ago? it looks so healthy, great job!

APL, if I remember correctly.

MsBubbles
July 19th, 2015, 01:21 PM
What a beautiful length shot! :thudpile: I'm glad you are still around here, and I too have appreciated your videos.

Night_Kitten
July 19th, 2015, 01:22 PM
WOW, you have gorgeous hair :thudpile:

Mimha
July 19th, 2015, 02:10 PM
Amazing hair Hypnotica ! :bigeyes: it seems so regular from top to ends ! Your hemline is perfect and you seem to have almost no taper ! :thud:

DeadlyUnicorn
July 19th, 2015, 02:11 PM
So beautiful :o

Hypnotica
July 19th, 2015, 02:49 PM
Amazing hair Hypnotica ! :bigeyes: it seems so regular from top to ends ! Your hemline is perfect and you seem to have almost no taper ! :thud:

My natural taper zone seems to be quite short which sometimes are quite frustrating because taper actually makes my buns more secure. Never quite happy, eh? :)

Mimha
July 19th, 2015, 02:58 PM
My natural taper zone seems to be quite short which sometimes are quite frustrating because taper actually makes my buns more secure. Never quite happy, eh? :)

Quite short ?? But Hypnotica, your hair is below knees ! Lol. A lot of people have such a taper that at BSL they have already lost half of their thickness and at TBL their hair is completely tapered out and doesn't grow anymore. Growing down to past knee so beautifully is a real chance, you know ! :)

Beatnik Guy
July 19th, 2015, 03:07 PM
So awesome. :agape:

rach
July 19th, 2015, 03:24 PM
Love henna, love the length . :cool:

Hypnotica
July 19th, 2015, 03:34 PM
Quite short ?? But Hypnotica, your hair is below knees ! Lol. A lot of people have such a taper that at BSL they have already lost half of their thickness and at TBL their hair is completely tapered out and doesn't grow anymore. Growing down to past knee so beautifully is a real chance, you know ! :)

My taper zone is quite short, yes - my hair isn't. :D But I also did a bit of a double take when I went to check the picture on my phone because I very seldom have my hair down and when I do I don't look at my hair from the back. Granted, it doesn't feel that long...

Sarahlabyrinth
July 19th, 2015, 03:35 PM
Sighs of envy from over here:) Your hair is just - so amazing. I love your tutorials too :)

Komao
July 19th, 2015, 03:46 PM
Hypnotica, congratulations. Your hair looks beautiful. Color and length. :)

violacutie
July 19th, 2015, 05:14 PM
Absolutely thudworthy! *swoons*

Cowgirl16
July 19th, 2015, 05:21 PM
:crush: Your hair is amazing. runs off to watch YouTube videos. :bigeyes:

Vanilla
July 19th, 2015, 06:01 PM
I love your hair, but those green hair sticks are to die for!

Remi
July 19th, 2015, 10:18 PM
I am another one of your fans. It's so nice to see you are still growing your hair :) Have a great anniversary.

Amapola
July 20th, 2015, 07:32 AM
Happy anniversary and congratulations on 8 fabulous years! Your hair is just amazing with a glorious color.

You are one of my Hair Heroes. The Hypno bun was the first bun I was able to do when my hair started to get longer and I still love it. You've helped a lot of people with your videos and it is greatly appreciated. Happy growing to you! :blossom:

vpatt
July 20th, 2015, 08:14 AM
Congratulations on your 8 year anniversary and the beautiful reward for your patience. I love your hair!

Belle Paix
July 20th, 2015, 09:11 AM
Gorgeous!! I'm also a henna head, and your shade is beautiful!

Crumpet
July 20th, 2015, 12:08 PM
Gorgeousness. The henna really suits you.

Now, I return to staring...

Halliday
July 20th, 2015, 12:42 PM
Incredible hair :)

Hypnotica
July 21st, 2015, 07:35 AM
That would be amazing! Great idea!!! :)

Thank you for the kick in my behind - new video is up!

Eraisuithiel
July 21st, 2015, 07:52 AM
Your hair is fantastic. Congratulations on you hair anniversary! My hair is too short to do your tutoriLs, but they're on the list with others I watch sometimes and wish my hair would grow faster. Your color is great too. Such a lovely red.

Kendrix
July 21st, 2015, 08:00 AM
Chiming in with the others here to thank you for all your videos. I actually found your videos BEFORE I found the LHC and you saved my hair! I had no idea what to do when I found myself at waist and your easy tutorials helped me learn protective hairstyles.

Zebra Fish
July 21st, 2015, 09:56 AM
Congratz on 8 years! I just love your henna shade, wish my would be like that :)

lfbddjw
July 21st, 2015, 10:03 AM
Your hair's absolutely lovely, Hypnotica! Congrats on the 8 year journey so far!!

Agnes Hannah
July 21st, 2015, 02:04 PM
I so want your hair Hypnotica!!!
I love henna too, I hope mine looks as good as yours when it gets a bit longer, I'm at hip right now.
Congrats on eight years!

Pinni
July 21st, 2015, 03:12 PM
Beautiful hair, congrats on eight years!

akuamoonmaui
July 22nd, 2015, 06:18 PM
Congratulations!

You are an inspiration!

MicheleZ
July 22nd, 2015, 06:38 PM
Ohhhhhhh ahhhhhhhh beautiful :)

embee
July 23rd, 2015, 05:02 AM
Lovely, Hypnotica! Congrats on the anniversary. Sympathy on the work situation. (My part time turned (temporarily?) to full time so I hear you loud and clear! Where is my life? :D ) Your hair is stunning.

Teufelchen
July 24th, 2015, 05:39 AM
8 years. That is a long time, but your hair looks amazing, you are a hair idol for me, since we have similar hair types.

I saw your new video and really liked it.

Hurven
July 24th, 2015, 06:02 AM
Beautiful hair and the colour is amazing! :)

henné
July 24th, 2015, 06:29 AM
Hello there! Gorgeous hair, as always! The hemline looks amazing!

Galloway
July 24th, 2015, 08:43 AM
Amazingly beautiful hair!! Congrats on 8 years!

FallingDarkness
July 24th, 2015, 11:52 AM
...It's so pretty. My jaw actually dropped and I'm practically ready to worship your lovely mane!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Soooo pretty. The color, the length...omg I'm in love!