PDA

View Full Version : Rabidly Impatient

AutumnLeaves
March 20th, 2008, 05:26 PM
Yes I am. I rarely post on the Mane Forum because I do not have a whole lot of hair at this point. I cut down to virgin hair in September and letting the grays do their think. I absolutely adore the texture and feel of my hair (yet it has lost none of its wayward ways). It is so much softer and the hair looks very fine to me...not coarse in the least. Odd because it overall looks like it should be coarse due to its inherent messiness (I blame my mom for this one!).

Anyway. My hair tends to grow very, very fast. However, since cutting to new growth back in September, I find it is growing very slowly. Maybe I will not say that come September, but right now I am just absolutely being driven mad because I want the long tresses of my fellow LHCers. I am glad to have attained a really nice condition to my mess of a head...but I want length too...:(

TammySue
March 20th, 2008, 05:33 PM
Aww, it will come Sherry!! I remember when mine was above BSL and I wanted long hair NOW! LOL! With me, after I started wearing it up and didn't think about it is when I noticed that it was growing longer!

Just keep busy and before you know it, your beautiful virgin hair will be your crowning glory! :flowers:

DecafJane
March 20th, 2008, 05:33 PM
Hey, I hear you, too!

I'm growing out from a horrible boy/pixie as of October, and it is growing but it feels like it is growing SO VERY SLOWLY!!!

Take heart - we'll get there! :cheese:

snowbird
March 20th, 2008, 05:59 PM
Inherant messiness is a blessing sherry- if I may say so myself :silly: we never have helmet head!

I understand being impatient, but think 10 years from now when you might be thinking 'ah, to have a short hairstyle would be great!' and you can remember that you did and, hopefully, really enjoyed it while it lasted.

terriej
March 20th, 2008, 06:01 PM
The more you look at it, the slower it grows :)

spidermom
March 20th, 2008, 06:02 PM
Sending you great growing vibes :magic:

You'll have to carry shears just to walk around before you know it!

kissedbyfyre
March 20th, 2008, 06:03 PM
Agreed, don't obsess over it. I stopped wandering around LHC for about 2 years and I totally forgot about my hair. One day I looked back and it seemed like it went from waist to classic over night. Just try not to obsess and focus in on keeping it very healthy and happy. :) I started at buzzed, if I can do it anyone can!

AutumnLeaves
March 20th, 2008, 06:15 PM
KissedByFyre, I thought you said, "I started out buzzed!" LOL I'm thinking that might work! LOLOL

Thank you all for your lovely words. I know it takes time and one day I'll look back and laugh. I really don't pay much attention to it so that when three months have gone by and I see no changes it does tend to bug me. But thanks to all of you for listening to me vent at least. I feel better for the support! Love to you all...

Snowbird, when my hair is short, I DO look like a helmet head! I call it my Ronald McDonald hair. Sigh....

Xandergrammy
March 20th, 2008, 07:40 PM
Oh Sherry, you'll get there... Remember the joy is in the journey. :gabigrin:

aprilmay
March 20th, 2008, 07:44 PM
Sometimes I get hassled by friends and family about my hair. "Are you ever going to cut it?" Long hair is part of my identity and it makes me feel young and attractive. I figure when or rather if it ever makes me feel old then maybe I will try a change?

walkinglady
March 20th, 2008, 07:56 PM
Your hair is so gorgeous! All that wayward virgin hair growing out. Be patient, you'll have longlocks before you know it.

kissedbyfyre
March 20th, 2008, 08:02 PM
KissedByFyre, I thought you said, "I started out buzzed!" LOL I'm thinking that might work! LOLOL

Hehehe, knowing me, really...... it's QUITE possible. ;)

Virgin hair is beautiful and rare now a days. :) It's worth it. Mines virgin and I quite enjoy telling people it's 100% natural.

jessie58
March 20th, 2008, 09:22 PM
Sherry my friend, I SO KNOW what you are talking about. I started out the same length as you and I can't tell you how many times I complained in my journal that I wanted long hair right NOW.

I did perservere and got to BSL which was my first goal. Now that I'm there of course, I think it's so short and I want waist length hair NOW.

Please just hang in there and you'll get to where I am all in good time. In the meantime, have fun with it.

AutumnLeaves
March 21st, 2008, 05:40 PM
Thank you Tessa darling! I look at yours and am completely in awe. It really has put on a large spurt of growth in the past few months and it is gorgeous! It reminds me of Darkwaves hair, and hers is gorgeous too! In fact, most people here do have gorgeous hair, and those that do not are working on getting it (like me).

WalkingLady, you are much much too kind. (But thank you and I liked hearing it anyway!)

Neon Gloss
March 21st, 2008, 05:51 PM
The most important thing to do is not obsess over it, as difficult as that sounds! I've been waiting for my hair to go back to BSL since I last cut my hair in late August... What a mistake that was, but it took care of the layers/splits.

It'll just surprise you one day, though. I remember I saw a picture of the back of my head a few years ago and gasped aloud, "is that me..?" because my hair looked so long, I didn't recognize myself. Just keep yourself occupied.

blue_nant
March 21st, 2008, 08:36 PM
Sometimes I get hassled by friends and family about my hair. "Are you ever going to cut it?" Long hair is part of my identity and it makes me feel young and attractive. I figure when or rather if it ever makes me feel old then maybe I will try a change?

I just asked "Why would I?"

heh

To the OP, yes, try to distract yourself. I remember the growing out; I'd have to say distraction is a good idea. *sorry*

Carolyn
March 21st, 2008, 08:43 PM
Oh Sherry, we've all been there. It's so hard to wait when you want it so much. But it will grow whether it seems like it now or not. If you were maintaining a pixie, you'd be complaining how fast it grows! :p Can you do any mid length updo's yet? How about claw clip updo's? I think once you can scoop up the length with a hair toy you'll feel like it's growing. Just hang in there!

TessieAnn
March 21st, 2008, 08:48 PM
Stealth grow happens when we aren't looking. Did you ever play "Mother May I?" or "Red Light, Green Light"? It's like that. Grow, grow ... look ... stop! Okay, she's not looking now, get goin'.

Tessa, I remember your earliest photos and your growth is just awesome. If it were on someone else's head I'll bet you'd notice. You'll be at waist soon and hankering for classic. We know you!:run:

Neoma
March 21st, 2008, 08:53 PM
Sherry, less than three years ago, I had a very short, choppy haircut. I thought that it would never be long again.

I celebrated the little milestones: when I could clip my bangs back, when I could make a peacock twist (my first updo), when I reached shoulder length.

Now, my hair is somewhere between BSL and waist. It is officially "long".

I can't tell you how many times along the way, especially during the awkard growing-out-the-layers phase, I wanted to chop it all off again.

I'm glad I didn't.

If I can do it, you can do it. :blossom:

darkwaves
April 13th, 2008, 11:59 AM
Sherry -- I bet your hair is already an inch longer than when you started this thread! (grow, curls, grow.)

willowcandra
April 13th, 2008, 12:11 PM
I grew out from pixie and I feel your pain. It will grow honestly. Enjoy each length you reach and practice any styles you can do along the way. I learned to french braid at apl and I am glad as I never would have managed to learn on tailbone or longer.

Curlsgirl
April 13th, 2008, 12:46 PM
I feel your pain too! I grew out from touching my shoulders length and it has been sooooooooooo slow! I have had people I know cut their hair shorter than me and pass me up again and again mainly because of my curls making mine shrink. Your hair is very pretty as it is though and maybe that doesn't help much but it is a lot of fun as it grows discovering new things you can do with it along the way. Hugs to you and happy and quick growing!!!!

Amoretti
April 13th, 2008, 03:14 PM
Hang on in there, sweetie!

Firefly
April 13th, 2008, 03:33 PM
I can relate-- I think most of us have been there! I agree with the advice to not think about it. It really does help! :flower:

Firefly

Druid of Alba
April 13th, 2008, 03:35 PM
Once it is long enough to tie back, it just skyrockets from there! :)
And that isn't too far away from your current length!

jojo
April 13th, 2008, 04:27 PM
A watched pot never cooks eh? i feel your frustration but you are at the most difficult, frustrating stages of growing. Once your hair has grown past your shoulders, it will really take off-I promice you!

If its any consolation my hair was a similar length to yours this time last year and i too felt it just wasn't growing but it did!

Hang in there, you will get longer and i for one look forward to the changes coming your way. xx

sipnsun
April 13th, 2008, 05:08 PM
I know how you feel, I think I wrote the book on 'impatiently awaiting long hair'. My hair only grows about 4" a year, so I get irritated too.

Alley Cat
April 13th, 2008, 06:22 PM
I agree with all the advice to try not to obsess about it Autumn Leaves hard I know sometimes . :flowers:
Try to take those photo's every few months to compare the growth and as time really does go fast before you know it you your hair will have grown with it. :)

seabear
April 13th, 2008, 06:25 PM
Oh, Sherry - (((hugs))). We've all been there, and I am right there with you most days. Try to enjoy every stage along the way, and remember that every day it's a tiny bit longer.

DavidN
April 13th, 2008, 06:30 PM
Hi Sherry, please try not to be discouraged about anything as far as the growth of your hair is concerned. Just hang in there, my friend! I know that there are some times of the year that hair grows quickly, and other times that hair growth may appear to stall a bit. You will be surprised as to where you will be 6 months from now, and that time will fly by!:grouphug:

Lamb
April 13th, 2008, 07:30 PM
I just cut off a couple of inches (bad damage, this winter was tough!) so I can share your impatience.
The way I deal with it: it is not the length but the healthy, happy state of hair that counts. As long as I can see that my hair looks good (shiny, ends not thin and miserable but thick and strong etc.) I simply don't care how many inches are between me and my goal length. And I really think that the happier I am with my hair, the faster it will grow!! :cheese:
I wish you good luck on your journey!

Druid of Alba
April 13th, 2008, 07:56 PM
There is a thread about a cream that doubles (at least) hair growth! http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=156

Lizbot
April 13th, 2008, 09:24 PM
Hahah. Keeping busy and keeping up with your routine is the best strategy. Before you know it, you'll put your hair down one day and go "WHOA! Didn't quite expect that!"

A watched pot never boils? Heheh.

ole gray mare
April 15th, 2008, 02:02 PM
(((((Sherry)))))))

To quote Tom Petty: "the waiting is the hardest part."

I can relate. My hair took forever to get to where it is. In them meantime, however, take comfort in your virginity! I know I do...there aren't many women in their forties who can claim virginity! :p

Sillage
April 15th, 2008, 02:10 PM
Experimenting with new oils, masks, conditioners, shampoos, etc keeps me satisfied. Taking really good care of the hair I already have makes me feel like I'm going forward.

lora410
April 15th, 2008, 02:14 PM
Hey my fellow SPURT GROWER. I just started growing again and it stalled last October or November. My hair grows in patches so to speak. Like my top layers will grow 3 inches, stop, and then another part of my hair will grow and so on and so forth. So you can IMAGINE how impatient I have been all these months for the bottom layer to grow :lol: I wear my hair up pretty much daily to iggy it :D