PDA

View Full Version : Hello~!

Akazukin
July 17th, 2015, 02:51 AM
Hi!

New here, just like many others, hehe. I'm from Sweden and have always liked long hair, my hair is naturally strawberry blonde (or red-blonde). When I was a kid my mom used to cut my hair in a bob hairstyle, but I hated every moment of it and from when I could decide on my own (and she actually listened) I've grown out my hair. First I didn't understand how to take care of my hair and thus around my mid-teenage years I ended up with waist-long, damaged hair, and I had to cut off about 11 inches (30 cm) to get rid of the damage. Around the same time I started having issues with scalp eczema (SD) due to excessive use of hair spray so I have since started to try and find my way through the jungle that is shampoo and conditioners to find ones that fit my hair (and scalp).

Today I have about 26 inches (68 cm) long hair (a bit below BSL) and have started giving up on normal, grocery store kinds of shampoo/conditioner and have gotten into organic ones that at least doesn't worsen my condition and helps my hair. My aim right now is to get my hair to waist length and try to make peace with my scalp. I've currently not cut my hair for over a year and this time it seems to be in a much better condition than last time I grew it out.

I hope to find lots of tips and tricks to healthy hair (and scalp) here! :smile: (And find some help for my BF's shoulder-length, damaged hair since he doesn't know how to take care of it.. :rolleyes:)

Platzhalter
July 17th, 2015, 03:12 AM
Welcome to the LHC and great nickname :)

lapushka
July 17th, 2015, 04:08 AM
Wish I could use more natural shampoos, but no, my SD accepts only Nizoral (and I guess if I have bouts I'll stick to it too, best thing I've ever found for the SD, BTW). In between I wash with harsh sulfates - and it works!

Welcome!

Akazukin
July 17th, 2015, 04:45 AM
Welcome to the LHC and great nickname :)

Thanks! It's my favourite one, so I was happy when it wasn't taken ;)

Wish I could use more natural shampoos, but no, my SD accepts only Nizoral (and I guess if I have bouts I'll stick to it too, best thing I've ever found for the SD, BTW). In between I wash with harsh sulfates - and it works!

Welcome!

Thank you! I think Nizoral is the same that I use, but under a different name - mine's called Fungoral but contains ketoconazole as well and it's pretty much the only thing that helps keeping my SD under control (doesn't disappear, but gets less itchy-scratchy angry red). I use that when pre-washing before using my normal shampoo (for now Dr Organic pomegranate, but switching to their TeaTree shampoo soon) and conditioner (both silicone and sulfate free). I don't have a sulfate shampoo yet but I hope I can find one! I recently bought pure Tea Tree oil that I will try adding a droplet of to my normal shampoo when I'm in the shower, just to try it out since I heard it works for some. :smile:

lapushka
July 17th, 2015, 06:00 AM
Thank you! I think Nizoral is the same that I use, but under a different name - mine's called Fungoral but contains ketoconazole as well and it's pretty much the only thing that helps keeping my SD under control (doesn't disappear, but gets less itchy-scratchy angry red). I use that when pre-washing before using my normal shampoo (for now Dr Organic pomegranate, but switching to their TeaTree shampoo soon) and conditioner (both silicone and sulfate free). I don't have a sulfate shampoo yet but I hope I can find one! I recently bought pure Tea Tree oil that I will try adding a droplet of to my normal shampoo when I'm in the shower, just to try it out since I heard it works for some. :smile:

For me, thankfully, when I have bouts of SD the Nizoral usually takes care of it rather quickly, but I don't use anything else with it. Maybe washing twice with the medicated shampoo is a better option, rather than throwing another shampoo in the mix? Might try that, if you haven't already. My Nizoral is 2% strength, you can get it over the counter in Belgium. It's the only form we have, we don't have weaker mixes here.