PDA

View Full Version : How to make the Bee Butt Bun prettier and presentable?

Wusel
July 15th, 2015, 11:34 AM
It's the only up-do my scalp tolerates all day long. And it takes me 10 seconds to make it in the morning. And it doesn't fall apart at work when I secure it with a scrunchie.
But it's SOOO UGLY! :run::puke:
Any ideas how to make it look presentable?

Aderyn
July 15th, 2015, 11:41 AM
Maybe wear a giant flower and some pretty hairpins to hide it? :laugh:

Or trying sectioning off a few sections of hair to braid and wrap around or do little accent details around the bun.

Wavelength
July 15th, 2015, 11:56 AM
I tend to flip it inside-out. Make the initial loop a bit looser and hold it open with your finger while you wrap the rest of the hair into a bee-butt. Tuck the ends in. Wrap the base with a scrunchie as usual, then widen the first (now outer) loop with your fingers and push the entire bun, scrunchie and all, through the loop with your thumbs.

It holds surprisingly well and flattens the bun against your head, so I actually find it more comfortable than a regular bee-butt.

However, you do need quite a bit of length to pull this off so it might not work for you. I think when I was at your length and growing out, I was mostly doing peacock twists and flipped-under French braids. Those are also pretty comfortable, especially with good-quality barrettes and/or claw clips.

I'm pretty sensitive about scalp comfort as well, mainly because I get frequent migraines and any hair pulling on my scalp is sheer torture when a headache's coming on.

spidermom
July 15th, 2015, 01:00 PM
You can do it higher or lower on your head, then lift the butt parallel to your head, spread the loops a bit with your fingers, and pin down. It looks kind of like an infinity bun when you do this. Or at least it did for me.

ghost
July 15th, 2015, 06:37 PM
I make mine on top of my head, and use my fingertips to tease it into the kind of little fluffy topknot thats fashionable right now, or into a sort of fan-shape by pulling some of the hair from the left side of the bun over to the right.