PDA

View Full Version : Tige Boule hair slides/barettes

Agnes Hannah
July 15th, 2015, 08:31 AM
Hi
I have found an alternative to the automatic French barrette system, a tige boule hair slide. These are mostly smaller than the FB and fasten with a ball and loop style metal fastening. They are good for fine hair, I have a few of these and they hold my fine hair without the damage. Has anyone else had an experience with these?

I have found most of mine on ebay, does anyone know of anywhere else I could get these style of slides?

Thank you
x

jennareid
July 15th, 2015, 08:39 AM
I've bought a couple on France Luxe. Just tiny ones, only really big enough to hold a thin section of hair from either side on the back of my head. FL has a lot of variety though, they're just mostly small.

missrandie
July 15th, 2015, 08:53 AM
I remember having some of those a few years ago, but I am notorious for overloading them with hair, and they just pop apart when I do.

I will say, when I could get them to hold and not fly apart, they were nice. Not sure where you would buy them, though.

Arctic
July 15th, 2015, 10:36 AM
I love them, hands down my fav type of barettes. They are very difficult to find though, not only because of not much offering, but also because in my language this type of barette does not have an own name, and often online shops might not even show the back side.

missrandie
July 15th, 2015, 10:48 AM
It appears that Nordstrom has a lot of them. L. Erickson is one of the brands. I will keep digging.

ETA: the ones on Amazon are fairly inexpensive, FWIW.

ETA2: they are also known as Delrin barettes. So check under that name as well.

Agnes Hannah
July 16th, 2015, 01:34 PM
It appears that Nordstrom has a lot of them. L. Erickson is one of the brands. I will keep digging.

ETA: the ones on Amazon are fairly inexpensive, FWIW.

ETA2: they are also known as Delrin barettes. So check under that name as well.

Thanks Missrandie, I have looked at Delrin barettes and have found some real beauties!:beerchug:

missrandie
July 16th, 2015, 02:01 PM
Always happy to help :)

lunasea
July 16th, 2015, 06:05 PM
I have three of these from L Erickson that I never wear. If you are maybe interested in purchasing them I will try to get my act together and take a pic . Right now they are mainly beautifying one of my hairtoy storage boxes so I'd be willing to work out a good deal for you.

Agnes Hannah
July 17th, 2015, 01:51 PM
I have three of these from L Erickson that I never wear. If you are maybe interested in purchasing them I will try to get my act together and take a pic . Right now they are mainly beautifying one of my hairtoy storage boxes so I'd be willing to work out a good deal for you.

Ohhh that sounds interesting, thank you!