PDA

View Full Version : A funny Ficcare story

BrightEyes
July 14th, 2015, 03:46 PM
Something happened today that I think only my fellow LHCers would understand. I'm a hairstylist (not an evil one though, I can assure you lol). So, a woman came in and sat down in the stylist's chair next to me to get her hair cut. She had her hair up in a twist held with a black border Ficcare. It was gorgeous!! I couldn't help but stare at the beautiful clip.

As she was getting her hair cut, I told her "that is such a pretty Ficcare!"

She looked at me in confusion and said "a pretty what??" She had no idea what I was referring to. So I pointed to her Ficcare sitting on the counter and again complimented her clip.

She said "oh this dingy old thing?? I've had this for years! My daughter picked it up at a garage sale for 50 cents".

My jaw hit the floor. After telling her what a rare jewel she possessed, her jaw dropped too. She had no idea how valuable this clip is, and what some would be willing to pay for it. She did say that this clip was the best clip she had ever had, and she would definitely keep it for many more years to come.

This little exchange made my day and I thought my fellow Ficcare lovers would get a chuckle out of it too :D

meteor
July 14th, 2015, 03:52 PM
:lol: He-he, that's a funny story, BrightEyes! :thumbsup:

I think I've come across stories of people (not in the know, of course) calling Timberstone Turnings "pencils" in the wild. :p

To be fair, pre-LHC, I'd probably not realize what any of those hair-toys are either. :lol:

missrandie
July 14th, 2015, 03:54 PM
I can just imagine the jaw drop... like telling somebody their costume diamonds are real!

chen bao jun
July 14th, 2015, 04:43 PM
50 cents, wow.
Another story that showcases how the old ones last forever and ever...

Kome
July 14th, 2015, 05:01 PM
Omg, no way! What a great find! :D

gthlvrmx
July 14th, 2015, 06:21 PM
50 cents?! Wow! I don't use Ficcares but I have seen the prices for some of them here on LHC. Some of them are so expensive.

Elly May
July 14th, 2015, 07:51 PM
I posted on the Ficcare thread about a month ago. I found a ficcare at a yard sale this summer for either 25 or 50 cents--I don't remember which. I just picked it up thinking it was a faccare and didn't realize what I had until I was looking in the mirror at my bun and saw the trademark on it. Haven't posted a picture of it yet--I'm not too good with the camera. Anyway, it is my first ficcare, and YES, there is a difference!

bonbon58
July 14th, 2015, 09:33 PM
lucky :p can't believe they sold it for so cheap!

Amapola
July 15th, 2015, 07:37 AM
Wonderful story. Gosh, wouldn't that be cool? Going into a salon and meeting BrightEyes?? :p

But wow, imagine finding a Ficcare for 50 cents! That would be so cool...

BrightEyes
July 15th, 2015, 09:57 AM
I agree, a Ficcare at that price is a great find!!

Wonderful story. Gosh, wouldn't that be cool? Going into a salon and meeting BrightEyes??.

Ah, you're so sweet! This made me smile :)

BrightEyes
July 15th, 2015, 10:07 AM
My fellow hair stylists had no idea what it was either. Granted I had no notion of the hair toy world before the LHC. Oh if they could only see the hoard of hair toys I have at home for the blessed day when my hair is long :p

lapushka
July 15th, 2015, 10:42 AM
And in 3..2..1 that Ficcare is going up on ebay. :lol: