PDA

View Full Version : What to do with TB length hair?

akuamoonmaui
July 13th, 2015, 06:30 PM
So I'm extremely happy my hair has gotten to the length it is. It's just about tailbone. (Gotta update my pic). However, with every success is a challenge. Mine lately has been how to put it up. My go-to has been a braid :yawn: or, a bun :rolleyes:.

I'm finding the length difficult to work with (cutting is not an option) and whatever I'm trying never seems to turn out right (braiding for example), pony tails leave neck dreads. I'm a bit frustrated. And yes, a little cheese with my wine would be lovely. :toast:

Thank you for any suggestions.

~ A.

Anje
July 13th, 2015, 06:54 PM
Learn to borrow a bit of hair from one strand of a braid to feed to the one that's running out. I know on my head, different areas taper at different rates, so it's difficult to impossible to have 3 sections that stay the same thickness the whole way down.

Try out some different buns. Disc buns, hypno buns, Celtic knots, lazy wraps, nautiluses, cinnamon.... There will be lengths where old standbys don't like to work (high tb was a trouble spot for me that way), but some of the others do. And then you get another 2 inches and everything works again. :shrug: And then you have some new moves in your repertoire that you didn't have before. Good luck!

Madora
July 13th, 2015, 07:09 PM
Easy two strand accent crown braid - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPHEzUr5bWQ

Check out Torrin Paige's You Tube channel for more styles (including my signature style, The Madora).

Be sure to detangle your hair before you begin styling! Good luck!

Amapola
July 13th, 2015, 07:27 PM
**trying to be funny warning** This is like trying to get to Carnegie Hall. Practice, practice, practice! :)

For me... it was the Ficcare that saved me. I had to practice like crazy but once I got the hang of them they are my "go to" hair toy that ALWAYS holds my hair all day long. (In fact I have one in right now.) My point here is, you have to sit and practice with your hair. No, it's not always easy. But just keep practicing. One fine day you will get up and "get it" and there you go, you can handle your hair. This is *especially* true if you previously always wore it down.

And again for me, it was the nautilus bun that is my go-to bun for everyday work and so forth. I am sure it's different for everyone but that one really does it for me. So be of good courage! You WILL get it. :blossom:

spidermom
July 13th, 2015, 07:54 PM
I'm at about the same length and twin buns are most comfortable for me right now. One bun slips and pulls.

Night_Kitten
July 14th, 2015, 12:51 PM
I'd recommend to find a style or two that work every time, consistently, (a go-to style of sorts) that you can do quickly when nothing else works... That way you can practice different styles when you have time, but will always have a "plan B" when things don't work out the way you wanted or when you're pressed for time...

lapushka
July 14th, 2015, 12:52 PM
My first ever bun I could wear at waist length was a LWB, and now at almost classic, I still wear it. It is a really good bun to get to know.

Night_Kitten
July 15th, 2015, 01:20 PM
My best and most reliable "go-to" style is also the lazy wrap bun, hasn't failed me yet :D

akuamoonmaui
July 17th, 2015, 05:02 PM
Learn to borrow a bit of hair from one strand of a braid to feed to the one that's running out. I know on my head, different areas taper at different rates, so it's difficult to impossible to have 3 sections that stay the same thickness the whole way down.

Yep, already do that. :agree:

There will be lengths where old standbys don't like to work (high tb was a trouble spot for me that way), but some of the others do. And then you get another 2 inches and everything works again. :shrug: And then you have some new moves in your repertoire that you didn't have before. Good luck!

Thank you for this! I was getting worried that my ideal length would come with a huge anti-climax! :flowers:

akuamoonmaui
July 17th, 2015, 05:05 PM
I will check and try these out! Thank you Ladies!!:flowers:

yahirwaO.o
July 17th, 2015, 05:16 PM
Im not going to help really, but some rag curls paired with a pretty braided half up just to give some justice to the lenght and your georgeous hair!!! Fancy ocaccion or just o have some fun indoors, but having that lenght is so pretty to have it needs something beautiful to show!!!!

akuamoonmaui
July 17th, 2015, 06:39 PM
Im not going to help really, but some rag curls paired with a pretty braided half up just to give some justice to the lenght and your georgeous hair!!! Fancy ocaccion or just o have some fun indoors, but having that lenght is so pretty to have it needs something beautiful to show!!!!

Ohhh! Thank you! You've described a beautiful hairstyle! I'd have to have somewhere to go with a look like that! Hmmmm....where could I go.....