PDA

View Full Version : Murumuru butter...anyone used/uses it?

*ReiKa*
July 13th, 2015, 04:24 PM
I haven't found anything in this forum about this butter.
Loads of informations on internet for sure, but I'd like to hear opinions of people that actually used this on their hair!

I was buying my favourite neutral henna hair pack in the online shop where I always buy it, and thought I'd treat myself with something new (oh, as if this was something that happens rarely.....! :rolleyes:) no but, I mean, I wanted to buy something new as a pre-poo treatment and not the umpteenth new conditioner or mask, since I have just been using coconut oil or milk & argan oil for a good while (yeah, yeah...just making excuses to justify my cravings.....).
So, yeah, I was looking for something like that and murumuru butter caught my attention... it is exotic and not very common, so I thought it was a good candidate for a little treat, it intrigued me!
Parcel arrived today so it's gonna be a busy week for my hair, I'll clarify my hair and I'll apply my henna pack first and on my next wash I'll try the murumuru butter.
My jar of murumuru butter says: Murumuru is a creamy coloured Brazilian tree butter which is well known for its powerful emollient qualities, being both anti-inflammatory & jam packed full of Vitamin A. It helps to retain moisture, restore natural sheen & softness & improve the flexibility of your hair. Absolutely brilliant for dry hair, this conditioning butter creates a permeable barrier that prevents moisture loss whilst keeping your skin moist & tresses hydrated & pliable. Murumuru is ideal for the treatment of lifeless and damaged hair.
It is said also that it's particularly recommended for curly hair... even though I don't have curly hair, I'm a 1c.
So, anyone has tried it or currently uses it? what's your hair type, how do you use it, how long do you leave it on, and especially what results do you get from it?
Thanks!

missrandie
July 13th, 2015, 04:30 PM
I haven't tried it, but it sounds heavenly :) Knowing me, I would probably slather my skin with it first to see how it felt lol

Arctic
July 13th, 2015, 04:41 PM
I did years ago. I can't remember the details anymore, but it wasn't worth it for me. It is very hard and thus difficult to use. It didn't do anything (that I can remember), but it gave me acne (like all oils butter do, as I later learned). I have probably written about it in my blog, if you want to have a peek. I do remember that the tiny jar I had, was left collecting dust for years until I finally tossed it. I had hardly scraped anything from the surface, so it was money wasted for me.

I hope your experience will be much better one though.

PS. The qualities you listed, I think those could apply to most all oils/butters :couch:

luxurioushair
July 13th, 2015, 04:41 PM
Never heard of it but it looks really nice in pictures.

Nadine <3
July 13th, 2015, 11:07 PM
Never heard it, but I'm curious to see how it goes for you! :) It sounds nice.

lapushka
July 14th, 2015, 05:10 AM
I'd use a pea size amount on damp, freshly washed hair to lock in the moisture.