PDA

View Full Version : Between 70-80 and still loving long locks!

lapushka
July 12th, 2015, 01:57 PM
This thread is for those of us 70 and onwards who are still loving long hair.

Let us know who you are, that you're out there and loving your growing journey!

lapushka
July 13th, 2015, 09:59 AM
Guess no one is over 70 on this board... yet? :)

Madora
July 13th, 2015, 10:21 AM
:)I'm workin' on it, Lapushka!

lapushka
July 13th, 2015, 11:06 AM
Ooh almost, Madora. You're the same age as my mom. She'll be 70 this December!

Wusel
July 13th, 2015, 11:30 AM
Double post, sorry :)

Wusel
July 13th, 2015, 11:31 AM
Ooh almost, Madora. You're the same age as my mom. She'll be 70 this December!

So, where's your mom? Tell her we want to see her here! There's a thread especially for her! :)

lapushka
July 13th, 2015, 11:42 AM
So, where's your mom? Bring her here!!! :)

She's not growing her hair. When she was between 40-50 she had BSL+ red hair (i/ii as a finey). Now it's blonde and between shoulder & APL - always. :)

vpatt
July 13th, 2015, 01:21 PM
Great idea, lapushka! There must be someone who qualifies for this age group.

By the time I reach 70 (only 5 years) I will hopefully have more length. Lol

bte
July 14th, 2015, 01:10 AM
Good to have this thread! Thanks, lapushka!

Not able to join for some time yet, but I'll keep an eye on it and see how many there are!

Wusel
July 14th, 2015, 01:23 AM
Not able to join for some time ybet, but I'll keep an eye on it and see how many there are!

Me too :) Really interesting :)

Aderyn
July 14th, 2015, 01:56 AM
:)I'm workin' on it, Lapushka!

Hopefully you won't be all alone in this thread!

nakima
July 16th, 2015, 03:55 PM
I wont be here for awhile yet but there is a lady in my town that is in her late 70's she teaches dance and has a very long thick white braid that's almost to her knees it's very pretty and healthy! I truly admire her and her hair lol!

embee
July 16th, 2015, 05:08 PM
I'm here. I'm 72 and my hair is at terminal, fairytale ends between waist and classic, with a few racer hairs to mid thigh. I wish there were more of *those*! :)

Surely I'm not the oldest member of TLHC??? Arrrgh. :(

diddiedaisy
July 16th, 2015, 05:41 PM
I'm here. I'm 72 and my hair is at terminal, fairytale ends between waist and classic, with a few racer hairs to mid thigh. I wish there were more of *those*! :)

I'm glad someone turned up :) Your hair on your profile is gorgeous, have you always had long hair?

Aurum
July 16th, 2015, 06:59 PM
I'm surprised that there aren't more over 70 here! Long hair is ageless. :)

bte
July 17th, 2015, 01:24 AM

Age brings wisdom - so maybe you are the wisest!

lapushka
July 17th, 2015, 03:38 AM

Well I'm sure glad there's at least someone. Good on you!!! :D

Sarahlabyrinth
July 17th, 2015, 03:45 AM
It's probably just that the combination of 70's plus AND long hair AND internet use is rare. So, embee, you are rare :) I hope to be in this thread one day. You are preparing the way for the hordes to come of LHCers :)

embee
July 17th, 2015, 05:05 AM
When a person hates spending money on bad experiences at a salon, then Benign Neglect and S&D are the way to go. :)

I started growing in 1990 when my marriage snuffed out. No money, no time, no interest - too busy just trying to keep things afloat here at home. Even the "boy cut" I had back then was more trouble than this long hair.

As a child I dreamed of Long Hair, but was always told my hair was too thin and that my forehead was too high - and now I Do Not Care about all that At All! heh heh. ;)

going gray
July 18th, 2015, 03:07 PM
When a person hates spending money on bad experiences at a salon, then Benign Neglect and S&D are the way to go. :)

I started growing in 1990 when my marriage snuffed out. No money, no time, no interest - too busy just trying to keep things afloat here at home. Even the "boy cut" I had back then was more trouble than this long hair.

As a child I dreamed of Long Hair, but was always told my hair was too thin and that my forehead was too high - and now I Do Not Care about all that At All! heh heh. ;)

You smart, smart lady. I too learned my lesson with hair salons, total waste. Never found a stylist that appreciated someone my age wanting long hair past their collar bone. And gray on top of that well forget it, a glastly combo.

By the way, your hair is lovely.

Wusel
July 19th, 2015, 04:48 AM
Age brings wisdom - so maybe you are the wisest!

That's SOOO true. I'm happy that I'm 40 and don't want to be 20 or 30 again. After 32 or so I've started to become a bit wise. Before I'm so ashamed about HOW INCREDIBLY STUPID I WAS. OMG! I've made so many mistakes, I don't think that's normal. But, as I've already mentioned: Normal, Wusel is not.

But "Impossible to see the future is" (Yoda)... I hope I get wiser and wiser in the future... and don't go back to stupidity.

bte
July 19th, 2015, 06:24 AM
That's SOOO true. I'm happy that I'm 40 and don't want to be 20 or 30 again. After 32 or so I've started to become a bit wise. Before I'm so ashamed about HOW INCREDIBLY STUPID I WAS. OMG! I've made so many mistakes, I don't think that's normal. But, as I've already mentioned: Normal, Wusel is not.

But "Impossible to see the future is" (Yoda)... I hope I get wiser and wiser in the future... and don't go back to stupidity.
I think you're being a bit hard on yourself! We all make mistakes throughout our lives. I recall a 93 year old who said to me that he had a lot to learn. All I can really say is it's important not to make the same mistake twice.

bte
July 19th, 2015, 06:26 AM

Being wise/old enough not to care about the opinions of others is one of the greatest gifts of maturity.

Wusel
July 19th, 2015, 11:14 AM
I think you're being a bit hard on yourself! We all make mistakes throughout our lives. I recall a 93 year old who said to me that he had a lot to learn. All I can really say is it's important not to make the same mistake twice.

Thank you, good to hear from a much wiser person that I'm not the only one who makes mistakes.

Esperanza
July 19th, 2015, 09:48 PM
I'm 70, with hair at BCL.

bte
July 20th, 2015, 12:17 AM
I'm 70, with hair at BCL.
That's great to hear, and inspiring!

lapushka
July 20th, 2015, 05:21 AM
2 members already over 70. We're gonna find them yet! ;) :p

Welcome to the thread!

vpatt
July 20th, 2015, 06:07 AM
It's probably just that the combination of 70's plus AND long hair AND internet use is rare. So, embee, you are rare :) I hope to be in this thread one day. You are preparing the way for the hordes to come of LHCers :)

This is just what I was thinking, Sarah. At 64 I have many friends my age who use the internet, but many who don't.

betterhairday
July 20th, 2015, 07:57 AM
I am 71 but I have pixie length hair - sorry..............

Wusel
July 20th, 2015, 08:00 AM

This doesn't matter :) In three years it's BSL :) Don't cut and stay here please :)

lapushka
July 20th, 2015, 08:30 AM

Yes but you're here to let it grow, right? :)

Aderyn
July 20th, 2015, 08:49 AM

Even if you don't want to grow it out to long lengths, you can still love healthy hair and still love long locks and thus still belong here! :D

Stormynights
July 21st, 2015, 07:25 AM
I can join in three years.

roseomalley
July 21st, 2015, 08:14 AM
I am turning 70 very soon. I hope it is ok to be part of this grouping. I wish i started growing my hair sooner. As it is,i I began growing out my bob two years ago come August. I am below APL but not at BSL yet. Ny goal is waist length.

lapushka
July 22nd, 2015, 02:39 PM
I am turning 70 very soon. I hope it is ok to be part of this grouping. I wish i started growing my hair sooner. As it is,i I began growing out my bob two years ago come August. I am below APL but not at BSL yet. Ny goal is waist length.

Welcome to the thread! :D

lunasea
July 23rd, 2015, 06:57 PM
I'm working on it...my dream is to have at least classic virgin hair by age 70. Stopped dyeing a year and a month ago and haven't cut it since. It's now approaching BSL but the dyed parts are very thin (no split ends though). I'm a slow grower. Plan to start small trims at waist if I can hold out that long....

bte
July 23rd, 2015, 11:41 PM
I'm working on it...my dream is to have at least classic virgin hair by age 70. Stopped dyeing a year and a month ago and haven't cut it since. It's now approaching BSL but the dyed parts are very thin (no split ends though). I'm a slow grower. Plan to start small trims at waist if I can hold out that long....Sounds a great plan! Hope you achieve your dream.

flickm
July 24th, 2015, 07:49 AM

Wisdom comes from making mistakes - if you never make mistakes, how will you learn? And it doesn't end, there is always more to experience. You weren't stupid, you were inexperienced. We've all been there x

Beborani
August 5th, 2015, 09:45 AM
At 74 my mother has fairly thick, black with a few silvers on her forehead hip to tailbone length blunt cut hair--she keeps it at this length for easier management--it used to be classic until a few years ago.

lapushka
August 5th, 2015, 09:55 AM
At 74 my mother has fairly thick, black with a few silvers on her forehead hip to tailbone length blunt cut hair--she keeps it at this length for easier management--it used to be classic until a few years ago.

That's amazing! :D

Beborani
August 5th, 2015, 12:41 PM
That's amazing! :D

Yes it is and did I say no taper?��

Fairlight63
August 5th, 2015, 05:43 PM
I am 70 yrs. young. I have been around here for a long time. My hair was hip length, I think in 2012. Mar. 2014 I went on a weight loss diet because of medical problems & went from 233 pd. my all time high to 136 pds. as of Jan. of this yr. My hair did not like my diet, I guess because it started falling out LOTS last Sept. by the handfuls. I did not think that it was a ridicules diet, I ate from all food groups but just less of them. I guess that I did not eat enough protein or something. My hair was already REALLY thin & I could NOT afford to lose any hair! I started crying & grabbed the scissors & cut it off to BSL. It was SO THIN & looked pathic!
I have Osteoarthritis in the hips & just had my left hip replaced in June. I hope that the surgery does not make my hair fall out again! I have a LOT of short hairs about 4" long then some longer hairs. I mostly wear it up in a bun so it does not look so thin. The sides are really so thin. I usually wear the sides clipped back. My hair is so weird since the fall out & has grown back in a different texture, more course or something. Not curly more fuzzy. I don't know what to do about the back hairline. When I wear it up the hairs at the neckline are so fuzzy. They are ok if I wet them & curl them or something to give them some direction. I wish that they would curl on their own. Anyone got any ideas on how to make the neckline hairs curl on their own?

embee
August 6th, 2015, 04:51 AM
Fairlight, I'm sorry about your hairloss and thinning, that's discouraging. I lost a good bit with thyroid troubles, but never did chop it that short. I just wear it up all the time.

For the fuzzy hairs, I think that comes with age - at least I seem to have some if the weather is damp or I've just had a shower. Usually I leave them alone, they don't bother me, but if I were to try to do something with fuzzy nape hair I can only think "spit curls". Dampen your finger and twist the fuzzy hairs into little ringlet things. Pray that they'll dry that way. ;)

From my personal perspective, the fuzzyness reminds me of cat fur in sunlight, a golden aura. I rather like it. A light softness added to my slicked back Mean Lady Bun.

Fairlight63
August 6th, 2015, 02:26 PM
Thanks embee for the tips. That is what I was doing - making little spit-curls at the neckline, was hoping that there might be someway to have them do it naturally but I guess that you have to have naturally curly hair for them to do that. My hair after washing it & letting it dry just dries fuzzy. Oh well, at least I have hair, lol.

harpgal
August 14th, 2015, 10:45 AM
I missed this thread. I am 67 at this writing and have been wondering when some of us will cross that 70's bridge. I have been here a long time and have seen so many achieve their dreams of beautifully long hair. Age really isn't a factor but I do admit that it scares me to death to think about how old I am. But I am in good health, so that is a great blessing. :)

Groovy Granny
August 15th, 2015, 09:59 AM
I am 6 years away (turning 64 in January)...and am loving the inspiration.
Keep growing girls!! :)

betterhairday
August 29th, 2015, 08:03 AM
This doesn't matter :) In three years it's BSL :) Don't cut and stay here please :)

I will definitely stay but can't promise not to cut.

Beborani
December 12th, 2015, 02:38 PM
Here is a picture of my mother's unposed hair (in the wild as we say on lhc)

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/entry.php?b=124380

Hope it is inspiring to some.

lapushka
December 12th, 2015, 02:45 PM
Your mom has gorgeous wurls!

Beborani
December 12th, 2015, 02:55 PM
She combs them out and thinks she has straight hair. I tell her her hair is like mine and will curl even more but she thinks this is not true curl--I guess hairtype gradation we have on internet is a new thing.