PDA

View Full Version : Between 70-80 and still loving long locks!

lapushka
July 12th, 2015, 01:57 PM
This thread is for those of us 70 and onwards who are still loving long hair.

Let us know who you are, that you're out there and loving your growing journey!

lapushka
July 13th, 2015, 09:59 AM
Guess no one is over 70 on this board... yet? :)

Madora
July 13th, 2015, 10:21 AM
:)I'm workin' on it, Lapushka!

lapushka
July 13th, 2015, 11:06 AM
Ooh almost, Madora. You're the same age as my mom. She'll be 70 this December!

Wusel
July 13th, 2015, 11:30 AM
Double post, sorry :)

Wusel
July 13th, 2015, 11:31 AM
Ooh almost, Madora. You're the same age as my mom. She'll be 70 this December!

So, where's your mom? Tell her we want to see her here! There's a thread especially for her! :)

lapushka
July 13th, 2015, 11:42 AM
So, where's your mom? Bring her here!!! :)

She's not growing her hair. When she was between 40-50 she had BSL+ red hair (i/ii as a finey). Now it's blonde and between shoulder & APL - always. :)

vpatt
July 13th, 2015, 01:21 PM
Great idea, lapushka! There must be someone who qualifies for this age group.

By the time I reach 70 (only 5 years) I will hopefully have more length. Lol

bte
July 14th, 2015, 01:10 AM
Good to have this thread! Thanks, lapushka!

Not able to join for some time yet, but I'll keep an eye on it and see how many there are!

Wusel
July 14th, 2015, 01:23 AM
Not able to join for some time ybet, but I'll keep an eye on it and see how many there are!

Me too :) Really interesting :)

Aderyn
July 14th, 2015, 01:56 AM
:)I'm workin' on it, Lapushka!

Hopefully you won't be all alone in this thread!

nakima
July 16th, 2015, 03:55 PM
I wont be here for awhile yet but there is a lady in my town that is in her late 70's she teaches dance and has a very long thick white braid that's almost to her knees it's very pretty and healthy! I truly admire her and her hair lol!

embee
July 16th, 2015, 05:08 PM
I'm here. I'm 72 and my hair is at terminal, fairytale ends between waist and classic, with a few racer hairs to mid thigh. I wish there were more of *those*! :)

Surely I'm not the oldest member of TLHC??? Arrrgh. :(

diddiedaisy
July 16th, 2015, 05:41 PM
I'm here. I'm 72 and my hair is at terminal, fairytale ends between waist and classic, with a few racer hairs to mid thigh. I wish there were more of *those*! :)

I'm glad someone turned up :) Your hair on your profile is gorgeous, have you always had long hair?

Aurum
July 16th, 2015, 06:59 PM
I'm surprised that there aren't more over 70 here! Long hair is ageless. :)

bte
July 17th, 2015, 01:24 AM

Age brings wisdom - so maybe you are the wisest!

lapushka
July 17th, 2015, 03:38 AM

Well I'm sure glad there's at least someone. Good on you!!! :D

Sarahlabyrinth
July 17th, 2015, 03:45 AM
It's probably just that the combination of 70's plus AND long hair AND internet use is rare. So, embee, you are rare :) I hope to be in this thread one day. You are preparing the way for the hordes to come of LHCers :)

embee
July 17th, 2015, 05:05 AM
When a person hates spending money on bad experiences at a salon, then Benign Neglect and S&D are the way to go. :)

I started growing in 1990 when my marriage snuffed out. No money, no time, no interest - too busy just trying to keep things afloat here at home. Even the "boy cut" I had back then was more trouble than this long hair.

As a child I dreamed of Long Hair, but was always told my hair was too thin and that my forehead was too high - and now I Do Not Care about all that At All! heh heh. ;)

going gray
July 18th, 2015, 03:07 PM
When a person hates spending money on bad experiences at a salon, then Benign Neglect and S&D are the way to go. :)

I started growing in 1990 when my marriage snuffed out. No money, no time, no interest - too busy just trying to keep things afloat here at home. Even the "boy cut" I had back then was more trouble than this long hair.

As a child I dreamed of Long Hair, but was always told my hair was too thin and that my forehead was too high - and now I Do Not Care about all that At All! heh heh. ;)

You smart, smart lady. I too learned my lesson with hair salons, total waste. Never found a stylist that appreciated someone my age wanting long hair past their collar bone. And gray on top of that well forget it, a glastly combo.

By the way, your hair is lovely.

Wusel
July 19th, 2015, 04:48 AM
Age brings wisdom - so maybe you are the wisest!

That's SOOO true. I'm happy that I'm 40 and don't want to be 20 or 30 again. After 32 or so I've started to become a bit wise. Before I'm so ashamed about HOW INCREDIBLY STUPID I WAS. OMG! I've made so many mistakes, I don't think that's normal. But, as I've already mentioned: Normal, Wusel is not.

But "Impossible to see the future is" (Yoda)... I hope I get wiser and wiser in the future... and don't go back to stupidity.

bte
July 19th, 2015, 06:24 AM
That's SOOO true. I'm happy that I'm 40 and don't want to be 20 or 30 again. After 32 or so I've started to become a bit wise. Before I'm so ashamed about HOW INCREDIBLY STUPID I WAS. OMG! I've made so many mistakes, I don't think that's normal. But, as I've already mentioned: Normal, Wusel is not.

But "Impossible to see the future is" (Yoda)... I hope I get wiser and wiser in the future... and don't go back to stupidity.
I think you're being a bit hard on yourself! We all make mistakes throughout our lives. I recall a 93 year old who said to me that he had a lot to learn. All I can really say is it's important not to make the same mistake twice.

bte
July 19th, 2015, 06:26 AM

Being wise/old enough not to care about the opinions of others is one of the greatest gifts of maturity.

Wusel
July 19th, 2015, 11:14 AM
I think you're being a bit hard on yourself! We all make mistakes throughout our lives. I recall a 93 year old who said to me that he had a lot to learn. All I can really say is it's important not to make the same mistake twice.

Thank you, good to hear from a much wiser person that I'm not the only one who makes mistakes.

Esperanza
July 19th, 2015, 09:48 PM
I'm 70, with hair at BCL.

bte
July 20th, 2015, 12:17 AM
I'm 70, with hair at BCL.
That's great to hear, and inspiring!

lapushka
July 20th, 2015, 05:21 AM
2 members already over 70. We're gonna find them yet! ;) :p

Welcome to the thread!

vpatt
July 20th, 2015, 06:07 AM
It's probably just that the combination of 70's plus AND long hair AND internet use is rare. So, embee, you are rare :) I hope to be in this thread one day. You are preparing the way for the hordes to come of LHCers :)

This is just what I was thinking, Sarah. At 64 I have many friends my age who use the internet, but many who don't.

betterhairday
July 20th, 2015, 07:57 AM
I am 71 but I have pixie length hair - sorry..............

Wusel
July 20th, 2015, 08:00 AM

This doesn't matter :) In three years it's BSL :) Don't cut and stay here please :)

lapushka
July 20th, 2015, 08:30 AM

Yes but you're here to let it grow, right? :)

Aderyn
July 20th, 2015, 08:49 AM

Even if you don't want to grow it out to long lengths, you can still love healthy hair and still love long locks and thus still belong here! :D

Stormynights
July 21st, 2015, 07:25 AM
I can join in three years.

roseomalley
July 21st, 2015, 08:14 AM
I am turning 70 very soon. I hope it is ok to be part of this grouping. I wish i started growing my hair sooner. As it is,i I began growing out my bob two years ago come August. I am below APL but not at BSL yet. Ny goal is waist length.

lapushka
July 22nd, 2015, 02:39 PM
I am turning 70 very soon. I hope it is ok to be part of this grouping. I wish i started growing my hair sooner. As it is,i I began growing out my bob two years ago come August. I am below APL but not at BSL yet. Ny goal is waist length.

Welcome to the thread! :D

lunasea
July 23rd, 2015, 06:57 PM
I'm working on it...my dream is to have at least classic virgin hair by age 70. Stopped dyeing a year and a month ago and haven't cut it since. It's now approaching BSL but the dyed parts are very thin (no split ends though). I'm a slow grower. Plan to start small trims at waist if I can hold out that long....

bte
July 23rd, 2015, 11:41 PM
I'm working on it...my dream is to have at least classic virgin hair by age 70. Stopped dyeing a year and a month ago and haven't cut it since. It's now approaching BSL but the dyed parts are very thin (no split ends though). I'm a slow grower. Plan to start small trims at waist if I can hold out that long....Sounds a great plan! Hope you achieve your dream.

flickm
July 24th, 2015, 07:49 AM

Wisdom comes from making mistakes - if you never make mistakes, how will you learn? And it doesn't end, there is always more to experience. You weren't stupid, you were inexperienced. We've all been there x

Beborani
August 5th, 2015, 09:45 AM
At 74 my mother has fairly thick, black with a few silvers on her forehead hip to tailbone length blunt cut hair--she keeps it at this length for easier management--it used to be classic until a few years ago.

lapushka
August 5th, 2015, 09:55 AM
At 74 my mother has fairly thick, black with a few silvers on her forehead hip to tailbone length blunt cut hair--she keeps it at this length for easier management--it used to be classic until a few years ago.

That's amazing! :D

Beborani
August 5th, 2015, 12:41 PM
That's amazing! :D

Yes it is and did I say no taper?��

Fairlight63
August 5th, 2015, 05:43 PM
I am 70 yrs. young. I have been around here for a long time. My hair was hip length, I think in 2012. Mar. 2014 I went on a weight loss diet because of medical problems & went from 233 pd. my all time high to 136 pds. as of Jan. of this yr. My hair did not like my diet, I guess because it started falling out LOTS last Sept. by the handfuls. I did not think that it was a ridicules diet, I ate from all food groups but just less of them. I guess that I did not eat enough protein or something. My hair was already REALLY thin & I could NOT afford to lose any hair! I started crying & grabbed the scissors & cut it off to BSL. It was SO THIN & looked pathic!
I have Osteoarthritis in the hips & just had my left hip replaced in June. I hope that the surgery does not make my hair fall out again! I have a LOT of short hairs about 4" long then some longer hairs. I mostly wear it up in a bun so it does not look so thin. The sides are really so thin. I usually wear the sides clipped back. My hair is so weird since the fall out & has grown back in a different texture, more course or something. Not curly more fuzzy. I don't know what to do about the back hairline. When I wear it up the hairs at the neckline are so fuzzy. They are ok if I wet them & curl them or something to give them some direction. I wish that they would curl on their own. Anyone got any ideas on how to make the neckline hairs curl on their own?

embee
August 6th, 2015, 04:51 AM
Fairlight, I'm sorry about your hairloss and thinning, that's discouraging. I lost a good bit with thyroid troubles, but never did chop it that short. I just wear it up all the time.

For the fuzzy hairs, I think that comes with age - at least I seem to have some if the weather is damp or I've just had a shower. Usually I leave them alone, they don't bother me, but if I were to try to do something with fuzzy nape hair I can only think "spit curls". Dampen your finger and twist the fuzzy hairs into little ringlet things. Pray that they'll dry that way. ;)

From my personal perspective, the fuzzyness reminds me of cat fur in sunlight, a golden aura. I rather like it. A light softness added to my slicked back Mean Lady Bun.

Fairlight63
August 6th, 2015, 02:26 PM
Thanks embee for the tips. That is what I was doing - making little spit-curls at the neckline, was hoping that there might be someway to have them do it naturally but I guess that you have to have naturally curly hair for them to do that. My hair after washing it & letting it dry just dries fuzzy. Oh well, at least I have hair, lol.

harpgal
August 14th, 2015, 10:45 AM
I missed this thread. I am 67 at this writing and have been wondering when some of us will cross that 70's bridge. I have been here a long time and have seen so many achieve their dreams of beautifully long hair. Age really isn't a factor but I do admit that it scares me to death to think about how old I am. But I am in good health, so that is a great blessing. :)

Groovy Granny
August 15th, 2015, 09:59 AM
I am 6 years away (turning 64 in January)...and am loving the inspiration.
Keep growing girls!! :)

betterhairday
August 29th, 2015, 08:03 AM
This doesn't matter :) In three years it's BSL :) Don't cut and stay here please :)

I will definitely stay but can't promise not to cut.

Beborani
December 12th, 2015, 02:38 PM
Here is a picture of my mother's unposed hair (in the wild as we say on lhc)

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/entry.php?b=124380

Hope it is inspiring to some.

lapushka
December 12th, 2015, 02:45 PM
Your mom has gorgeous wurls!

Beborani
December 12th, 2015, 02:55 PM
She combs them out and thinks she has straight hair. I tell her her hair is like mine and will curl even more but she thinks this is not true curl--I guess hairtype gradation we have on internet is a new thing.

bparnell75
May 7th, 2019, 11:34 AM
I have been on LHC for over three years and have not see this thread before. I definitely belong here at 77-78 in October. I am unfamiliar with many names on this thread. I would be interested to see if there is any one older. If not then I could have the privilege of being The Elder. My hair is quite thin also especially top and sides. I often use Cabooki to fill in pink that shows through. Genetics are against me.

https://live.staticflickr.com/4389/36999389376_f336b42ba8.jpg
Showing off my silvers.
The Spock bun I invented with a self made fork.

BerrySara
May 7th, 2019, 12:08 PM
I have been on LHC for over three years and have not see this thread before. I definitely belong here at 77-78 in October. I am unfamiliar with many names on this thread. I would be interested to see if there is any one older. If not then I could have the privilege of being The Elder. My hair is quite thin also especially top and sides. I often use Cabooki to fill in pink that shows through. Genetics are against me.

Showing off my silvers.

You are a stunning lady bparnell75 (I checked out your profile :eye:) and your silver hair is lovely! :flower:

I have been very impressed and inspired with all the self made toys you have made and posted in the various threads. Just wanted to say hi and I think if you got the title of The Elder, that would be super sweet!

Groovy Granny
May 7th, 2019, 12:18 PM
I agree ~ you, your updos, and hair toy creations are beautiful ....and a true inspiration :crush:

Until I join you in a couple of years, I will be lurking to see who else will join you :popcorn:

Wishing you all the best as the current title holder of ELDEST LONG HAIR :bowtome:

spitfire511
May 7th, 2019, 12:18 PM
Completely agreed with berrysara - bparnell75! Your hair is stunning! Definitely what I aspire to.

Waiting to see if you get to claim your title! :popcorn:

Cg
May 7th, 2019, 01:31 PM
The Elder. Yes, indeed, that sounds right!

I'll lurk here too until I can leap in.

lapushka
May 7th, 2019, 03:56 PM

Showing off my silvers.

Gorgeous bun!

My mom is in her 70s too. She normally has her hair cut shoulder length, but she wanted to have more length this time and she didn't cut it that short, so she is about APL right now.

embee
May 7th, 2019, 04:00 PM
I have been on LHC for over three years and have not see this thread before. I definitely belong here at 77-78 in October. I am unfamiliar with many names on this thread. I would be interested to see if there is any one older. If not then I could have the privilege of being The Elder.

:) You have me beat. I'll be 76 next birthday. I happily relinquish the eldest position to you - for IIRC I was eldest on this thread until you found it! ;)

Groovy Granny
May 7th, 2019, 04:27 PM
Awwww.... Embee ...that's still an honor though :)

I'm glad I found it for you all and linked it on the 60's thread for Bparnell and gang.
I thought I remembered having seen it years ago....you should have one of your own :cheer:
If not I was going to do it in 2 years ;)

Embee ~ Can I ask....how long is your terminal length?

lapushka
May 7th, 2019, 05:11 PM
I'm wondering what the age of our oldest member is. So far bparnell has the record, I think, but I think there might be some here who are even older. :)

bparnell75
May 7th, 2019, 05:28 PM
Can I ask....how long is your terminal length?

I am 2" from Classic still growing, but very thin on the ends/ Do not know if I want to find terminal.

Groovy Granny
May 7th, 2019, 05:30 PM
Can I ask....how long is your terminal length?

I am 2" from Classic still growing, but very thin on the ends/ Do not know if I want to find terminal.

It was meant for Embee because she is labeled as terminal...interesting; I won't be finding mine ....I don't think :hmm: :lol:

embee
May 8th, 2019, 04:51 AM
Embee ~ Can I ask....how long is your terminal length?

My terminal length is around classic. Fairytale ends & lots of taper make it difficult to really say. There are a few (maybe 6?) racer hairs that are mid thigh. No, I don't cut them, they don't matter in an updo and they make me smile -- or jump if I have my hair down and feel them brushing the back of my legs!

I've even quit with S&D. Hair just is what it is. Always in an updo unless in a night braid or being brushed out. Thyroid issues (and age?) have thinned my hair even more, alas, but again - there are choices: 'Thin and Short' or 'Thin and Long'. :D

I'm hoping nothing comes along to make me lose or chop my hair... I'd hate to start over.

Cg
May 8th, 2019, 07:18 AM
My terminal length is around classic. Fairytale ends & lots of taper make it difficult to really say. There are a few (maybe 6?) racer hairs that are mid thigh. No, I don't cut them, they don't matter in an updo and they make me smile -- or jump if I have my hair down and feel them brushing the back of my legs!

I've even quit with S&D. Hair just is what it is. Always in an updo unless in a night braid or being brushed out. Thyroid issues (and age?) have thinned my hair even more, alas, but again - there are choices: 'Thin and Short' or 'Thin and Long'. :D

I'm hoping nothing comes along to make me lose or chop my hair... I'd hate to start over.

I quite S&Ding some time ago. I'd like to say it was a logical, well-considered decision like yours, but...I'm just lazy. Plus, as you say, it's always up so who cares.

harpgal
May 8th, 2019, 08:44 AM
I am 70, so I will join y'all. I remember joining the LHC when I was in my mid fifties. My, but does time fly! I was at tailbone length when I joined and was looking for a way to protect my ends from dry weather and very hard water. I have learned so much from being a member here and was even a mod for a couple of years.

It is such a treat to see such beautiful heads of hair even at our age. I just can't ever see myself with hair that looks like a dandelion gone to seed. I like being different. However more of late, I have noticed longer hair on more and more younger folks. Perhaps, the LOTRs has influenced this. But it is lovely to see.

Groovy Granny
May 8th, 2019, 10:06 AM

Thanks for sharing! ~ it must be lovely :)

That's a fairly good length, and I agree with your care and thoughts; age and thyroid issues have affected mine as well.

Hopefully we can hang on to it....the thought of a cut isn't pleasant at this stage!

LOL it is funny how we can translate a hair to being a bug; that happened to me this week after taking out some Summer clothes on a warm day :lol:

bparnell75
May 10th, 2019, 10:25 AM
Bumping this thread again. Any one older than 77 out there?

Dark40
May 11th, 2019, 11:31 AM
Good Thread to start Lapushka! I'm nowhere near 70 yet but my mom is 73, and her hair is BSL. It's the longest it has ever been in her whole life she told a couple of months ago. The longest it has ever been was APL. But as she getting older she gaining more length! We both found that to be really odd!

bparnell75
May 19th, 2019, 06:01 PM
Asking again............any one over 77 out there? I am wanting the distinction of being Eldest so let me know.

lapushka
May 20th, 2019, 05:01 AM
Maybe there are people over 77 around but they aren't currently posting?

My mom is over 70 and fixed and washed her hair yesterday (after almost 6 weeks). She has extremely dry scalp (no flaking) and so she can do that with ease. She had somewhere to be yesterday (Holy Communion of my 2nd oldest cousin's daughter). Her hair had to be cut a little, but it's still APL. She has kept it this length for a while now. Over 10 years, I think.

Wusel
May 20th, 2019, 06:01 AM
That's a great thread. I just posted a thread about my mom's thin hair which makes me sad and gives me huge anxiety that I will have so much less hair on my head when I'm older too. I would love to know what you over 70 longhairs here think of it and how you deal with aging. Aging gives me huge anxiety lately, I have nightmares regularly about that... :(

Kalamazoo
May 20th, 2019, 06:52 AM
Asking again............any one over 77 out there? I am wanting the distinction of being Eldest so let me know.

Howdy! I think we should consider the title of The Eldest to be something that will get passed around, like the Heavy-Weight Boxing World Champion. I mean, as of today, he is. That could change tomorrow at his next boxing match; but for today, he holds the title.

Bparnell, you're a beautiful lady. What an inspiration! (I'm only 63, so, so far, I'm only visiting for the sake of admiring the possibilities for my future.)

At all events, you ARE the eldest to have posted on this thread to date. The Guinness Book of World Records sees another record broken every day.

Wusel
May 20th, 2019, 07:00 AM
Howdy! I think we should consider the title of The Eldest to be something that will get passed around, like the Heavy-Weight Boxing World Champion. I mean, as of today, he is. That could change tomorrow at his next boxing match; but for today, he holds the title.

Bparnell, you're a beautiful lady. What an inspiration! (I'm only 63, so, so far, I'm only visiting for the sake of admiring the possibilities for my future.)

At all events, you ARE the eldest to have posted on this thread to date. The Guinness Book of World Records sees another record broken every day.

Same. I want to see older women with beautiful hair :)

Sarahlabyrinth
May 20th, 2019, 09:02 AM
Here's my sister's hair - she's in her seventies :)

https://i.imgur.com/yIcVKEe.jpg

Kalamazoo
May 20th, 2019, 09:08 AM
Gorgeous! :disco:

Sarahlabyrinth
May 20th, 2019, 09:12 AM
Gorgeous! :disco:

I think so too! :crush:

lapushka
May 20th, 2019, 09:35 AM
Sarah, tell your sister she has lovely hair!

Sarahlabyrinth
May 20th, 2019, 09:41 AM
Sarah, tell your sister she has lovely hair!

I have! :D

bparnell75
May 20th, 2019, 10:12 AM
I agree with all of you Sarah's sister has wonderful hair. Is she inspired by you to grow longer?

bparnell75
May 20th, 2019, 10:26 AM
OK LHCers I am going to Put this out as a challenge......I am "the Eldest" until a challenger comes forth!

Sarahlabyrinth
May 20th, 2019, 10:29 AM
I agree with all of you Sarah's sister has wonderful hair. Is she inspired by you to grow longer?

She was, yes, her hair was only shoulder length before she decided to grow longer. I don't think she'll grow it any longer than in the photo, though. But it's so lovely :) I shared some homemade hair treatment recipes with her too :) She also likes my hair, she told me once that it was "magnificent." :)

Kalamazoo
May 20th, 2019, 10:42 AM
OK LHCers I am going to Put this out as a challenge......I am "the Eldest" until a challenger comes forth!

Amen! & Amen!

Kalamazoo
May 20th, 2019, 01:57 PM
I am 70 yrs. young. I have been around here for a long time. My hair was hip length, I think in 2012. Mar. 2014 I went on a weight loss diet because of medical problems & went from 233 pd. my all time high to 136 pds. as of Jan. of this yr. My hair did not like my diet, I guess because it started falling out LOTS last Sept. by the handfuls. I did not think that it was a ridicules diet, I ate from all food groups but just less of them. I guess that I did not eat enough protein or something. My hair was already REALLY thin & I could NOT afford to lose any hair! I started crying & grabbed the scissors & cut it off to BSL. It was SO THIN & looked pathic!
I have Osteoarthritis in the hips & just had my left hip replaced in June. I hope that the surgery does not make my hair fall out again! I have a LOT of short hairs about 4" long then some longer hairs. I mostly wear it up in a bun so it does not look so thin. The sides are really so thin. I usually wear the sides clipped back. My hair is so weird since the fall out & has grown back in a different texture, more course or something. Not curly more fuzzy. I don't know what to do about the back hairline. When I wear it up the hairs at the neckline are so fuzzy. They are ok if I wet them & curl them or something to give them some direction. I wish that they would curl on their own. Anyone got any ideas on how to make the neckline hairs curl on their own?

Hi Fairlight!

Congratulations on your weight loss! That's a MAJOR accomplishment!

Sorry to hear about the hair though.

I just bought 3 books by Haylie Pomroy on eBay, The Fast Metabolism Diet, The Fast Metabolism Diet Cookbook, & Fast Metabolism Food Rx.

I haven't tried it exactly the way she wrote it yet, because I'm still busy regrowing my teeth, following ideas in Ramiel Nagel's book, Cure Tooth Decay. I haven't been following all of his suggestions either. I'm sort of one to browse lots of different information sources & pray for The Lord's guidance on what applies to me. But Mr. Nagel says to drink raw milk & take fermented cod liver oil mixed with high-quality butter oil, and my teeth have been growing back in.

Yeah. That's right. I'm 63. Definitely post-menopause.

So I'm not willing to give up the raw milk nor the butter nor the cod liver oil, just because Miss Pomroy says to. BUT she DOES have some good ideas, and in Rx, she does say to pay attention to the problems that you've got & to eat to solve those problems that pertain to you personally, so I think she just might give me a green light, if I were to ask her...

So I think hair can fall out due to the metabolism burning too slowly.

Miss Pomroy's all about stoking the fire, giving it more fuel, eating more food, exercising more, eating good quality food. Which means doing your own cooking. So far, I've made one recipe from Cookbook, a salmon salad & ate it over lettuce. It took about 5 minutes to "cook".

& The most fun thing is that Miss P. uses diet as an acronym for "Did I Eat Today?"

So maybe you could use her guidance to eat more & speed up your metabolism & combine that with other good ideas to grow hair?

I've never been 70 before, so I don't know what's possible for you. I'm still trying to find out what's possible for me! But I think we can do a whale of a lot more than what society-in-general thinks we can!

With God, all things are possible!

I think I'm in the middle of another growth spurt. The other time I had a spurt, my hair grew about 6" in a month & got considerably thicker (with new hairs growing in yet!) before stalling. I'm optimistic!

ETA: I think I need to lose about 35#...

Wusel
May 20th, 2019, 04:22 PM
Hi Fairlight!

Congratulations on your weight loss! That's a MAJOR accomplishment!

Sorry to hear about the hair though.

I just bought 3 books by Haylie Pomroy on eBay, The Fast Metabolism Diet, The Fast Metabolism Diet Cookbook, & Fast Metabolism Food Rx.

I haven't tried it exactly the way she wrote it yet, because I'm still busy regrowing my teeth, following ideas in Ramiel Nagel's book, Cure Tooth Decay. I haven't been following all of his suggestions either. I'm sort of one to browse lots of different information sources & pray for The Lord's guidance on what applies to me. But Mr. Nagel says to drink raw milk & take fermented cod liver oil mixed with high-quality butter oil, and my teeth have been growing back in.

Yeah. That's right. I'm 63. Definitely post-menopause.

So I'm not willing to give up the raw milk nor the butter nor the cod liver oil, just because Miss Pomroy says to. BUT she DOES have some good ideas, and in Rx, she does say to pay attention to the problems that you've got & to eat to solve those problems that pertain to you personally, so I think she just might give me a green light, if I were to ask her...

So I think hair can fall out due to the metabolism burning too slowly.

Miss Pomroy's all about stoking the fire, giving it more fuel, eating more food, exercising more, eating good quality food. Which means doing your own cooking. So far, I've made one recipe from Cookbook, a salmon salad & ate it over lettuce. It took about 5 minutes to "cook".

& The most fun thing is that Miss P. uses diet as an acronym for "Did I Eat Today?"

So maybe you could use her guidance to eat more & speed up your metabolism & combine that with other good ideas to grow hair?

I've never been 70 before, so I don't know what's possible for you. I'm still trying to find out what's possible for me! But I think we can do a whale of a lot more than what society-in-general thinks we can!

With God, all things are possible!

I think I'm in the middle of another growth spurt. The other time I had a spurt, my hair grew about 6" in a month & got considerably thicker (with new hairs growing in yet!) before stalling. I'm optimistic!

ETA: I think I need to lose about 35#...

SIX INCH???!!!:thud:

Kalamazoo
May 21st, 2019, 01:02 AM
Yeah. 6". I did that "put oil & egg on head, baggy it overnight & wash it out" idea thingie from several YouTubers, 5 times, once a week. My hair grew as much as 1.5 inches per treatment. I improved on the recipe by: 1} Using only the egg yolks & throwing out the albumins (both in my hair masks & in my scrambled eggs for breakfast). 2} Adding: Kalpi Tone powder by Hesh, Thayer's Witch Hazel, Captain's Choice Aftershave, George's Aloe Vera, rosemary tea, peppermint EO, clove EO, tea tree oil (but decided I may be allergic to TTO & so discontinued TTO), Earthly Delight Pomade, Cocojojo Argan Butter, Green Pastures Beauty Balm & Calm Balm (both of which contain fermented cod liver oil & other super-duper-healthy ingredients ... I'm open to trying other fresh or dried herbs too! 3} Drinking raw milk & raw kefir & White Mountain Bavarian Yogurt. 4} Washing my hair with bottled spring water instead of tapwater. 5} Throwing out all my plastic combs & brushes & using only combs made either if wood or horn. 6} Massaging my scalp a whole lot. 7} Inversion Method! 8} Currently, my best shampoo seems to be Earthly Delight, made by Lāfe's. 8} I' m trying to be as hard-core -health-food-fanatical as possible, BUT!!!!!!! I DON'T believe in cutting calories to lose weight! I believe one should eat MORE (especially meat & vegetables), exercise MORE, sleep MORE, & drink MORE water. (At least, that's what worked for me 40 years ago.) 9} Avoid all synthetic ingredients like the plague, both in food & cosmetics & hair products.

So anyway, my hair stalled when I interrupted my routine, due to concern over needing to shampoo 6 or 7 times to get all the gunk out of my hair, but I think that may have been undue concern on my part. I mean, if my hair's growing 1.5" overnight every time I do a treatment, then the shampoo must not be hurting my hair over-much! And it is the healthiest ingredient list I've been able to find on a commercial shampoo bottle. (I've also been experimenting with DIY herbal shampoos.)

So I kind of feel like my hair needs a balanced diet, so that means I should be feeding it a whole lot of different foods, instead of always eating exactly the same food, day after day...

Did I mention prayer?

bparnell75
May 21st, 2019, 10:02 AM
wow Kalamazoo, that is some life style, but the last ingredient is the best: Prayer!
My hair is so thin you have inspired me to try the egg mask. Can it be left on over night?

Kalamazoo
May 21st, 2019, 10:02 AM
This is bad. Somehow, I've hijacked this thread. Oops. I'm supposed to be an innocent bystander here for another few years.... Sorry.

Kalamazoo
May 21st, 2019, 10:54 AM
Oh yahoo! Somebody else is talking again who's supposed to be here! Hi Madame The Eldest!

Yes, any of those ingredients can be left on overnight. With the egg in particular, I don't want it to dry out while it's on my head, because that makes it harder to wash out -- so be sure to cover your hair with plastic (either a cheap diaposable shower cap, or Saran Wrap, or even a plastic grocery bag can work). Also, since it can be messy, I wear an old shirt that I've named My Hair Magic Shirt. It's also good to protect the pillow.

My reason for saying to use the yolk & discard the white is that the yolk contains biotin, while the albumin contains avidin, which blocks a body from using the biotin. So that's my biotin supplement, instead of a pill.

I'm not sure that any of this messiness has to stay on my head for 8 hours to work. An hour may be long enough for the hair to grab whatever nutrition it can. Certainly, I find it easier to sleep without. I need to experiment & see if I really need to leave it on my head for so long. Different people are going to have different needs, I'm sure.

I should mention that, the first time I did a treatment like this, about 100 or so hairs fell out, which is A LOT more than my usual daily shed of 5 to 20 hairs per day. (although the experts say that losing up to 200 hairs in a day is within the Normal range). I dismissed it as being a sign that several of my follicles were entering anagen phase simultaneously. The reward was having a bunch of baby hairs the next morning. I even had my hairline marching out and embracing new territory where I'd never had anything but vellus hair before! (So of course, I put it on my eyebrows, too!)

The Big Shed happened only the first time I did one of these hair treatments. I think it was because a large per centage of my follicles entered anagen on my first treatment, so they didn't have to do that a week later when I did the second treatment.

But I definitely want to forewarn you about that Big Shed while massaging the ingredients into my scalp on the first treatment, because that could be an item of concern if you're not expecting it.

When I've done a hair mask during the day, washing it out before going to bed, the new growth didn't show up 'til after I'd had a good night's sleep. The growth definitely happens while I'm asleep.

Kalamazoo
May 21st, 2019, 07:34 PM
wow Kalamazoo, that is some life style, but the last ingredient is the best: Prayer!
My hair is so thin you have inspired me to try the egg mask. Can it be left on over night?

Betsye, your hair is beautiful in all your pictures. It doesn't appear thin. I confess, I occasionally Caboki, too. . . Which leads me to think it's time for me to do another another egg & oil mask, or add some Thayer's Witch Hazel. . . But you are an inspiration as you are. You don't need to change (although we all have to. It's inevitable with time passing. It's nice to be in a position to choose the direction of the change.)

Just wanted to say, you're already elegantly beautiful.

Liz_H
May 22nd, 2019, 02:03 AM
Good Thread to start Lapushka! I'm nowhere near 70 yet but my mom is 73, and her hair is BSL. It's the longest it has ever been in her whole life she told a couple of months ago. The longest it has ever been was APL. But as she getting older she gaining more length! We both found that to be really odd!

It's so funny how all of our hair changes as we age, but everyone's change is different.

Liz_H
May 22nd, 2019, 02:08 AM
What beautiful hair! I hope my hair will be that color by 70. It's the in between years I hate.

Here's my sister's hair - she's in her seventies :)

https://i.imgur.com/yIcVKEe.jpg

Sarahlabyrinth
May 22nd, 2019, 02:15 AM
What beautiful hair! I hope my hair will be that color by 70. It's the in between years I hate.

Thank you, on her behalf! :D My own hair is very close to that colour already and I am only in my fifties, but I love it!

embee
January 21st, 2020, 04:27 PM
Bumping this thread... Some Old Ones are still here. :)

... and we welcome any newcomers who've hit 70.

Groovy Granny
January 21st, 2020, 04:29 PM

I'll be joining you soon enough ;)

harpgal
January 22nd, 2020, 06:09 AM
I am still around, occasionally.

Recently, I've given thought to what length I could maintain when/if I am unable to take care of my hair. For my part, it probably will be classic. It was pretty cool to reach ankle but I'm not really interested in keeping it there. Perhaps we get a little more practical in our elder years.

Groovy Granny
January 22nd, 2020, 10:41 AM
It is always nice to see you....and is admirable that you have maintained it at calf at your age! :heart:

Have you encountered any difficulties recently that initiated those thoughts?

I have moderate arthritis from my neck to my toes and am very sensitive to the weight of my hair (headaches etc).

Plus styling,brushing etc can be challenging during flare ups,and I found even TBL to be tough, so I stay @ Hip now.
I admit to having thoughts of MBL and SL at times, but I rely on/love buns in hot weather and with my short/shrinking torso (= shorter length for landmarks) WL is my cut back limit.

It is a concern for many at some point I believe; Madora (miss you) had to cut back for health reasons, and a few others I am aware of... but won't name as they are still active.

Too bad we are not all closer....we could help each other maintain at whatever length we like, help with braiding etc ...that would be awesome :grouphug: :cheer:

harpgal
January 22nd, 2020, 11:49 AM
Yes GG, I have arthritis in my back and am in pain most of the time. If I lie on the floor flat on my back for 20-30 minutes, I have some time to comb out and braid my hair before the pain hits me again. So (parish the thought), I may have to trim back just to make it a little easier on myself. I am, however, stubbornly holding out as long as I can.

Groovy Granny
January 22nd, 2020, 11:53 AM
Yes GG, I have arthritis in my back and am in pain most of the time. If I lie on the floor flat on my back for 20-30 minutes, I have some time to comb out and braid my hair before the pain hits me again. So (parish the thought), I may have to trim back just to make it a little easier on myself. I am, however, stubbornly holding out as long as I can.
I feel your pain...literally and figuratively (((HUGS)))

It never dawned on me to style lying down :hmm: :thumbsup:

You are a strong woman...I wimped out at a much shorter landmark ;)

bparnell75
January 22nd, 2020, 04:47 PM

Yes, pushing 80 and loving my long locks, but I do wear it up daily. I grew it all in my 70's beginning at 71 from chin.

Groovy Granny
January 22nd, 2020, 04:52 PM
Yes, pushing 80 and loving my long locks, but I do wear it up daily. I grew it all in my 70's beginning at 71 from chin.

That's cool...I started at 61 from chin :)

Were you supported by family and friends when you decided to go for it?

I wasn't....and ended up here for support and inspiration...and am still the odd ball IRL ;)

Vacurlylady
January 23rd, 2020, 06:58 AM
That's cool...I started at 61 from chin :)

Were you supported by family and friends when you decided to go for it?

I wasn't....and ended up here for support and inspiration...and am still the odd ball IRL ;)

Sounds like my life GG. I’m turning 61 in a few days. I was 59 when I started growing my pixie out. Not too much support in my “real life”. I wear it up most of the time. Except at home. I feel it’s more visually like a pixie for most people up 😉. When I take it down at night while watching tv, I LOVE IT! 😍

Sarahlabyrinth
January 23rd, 2020, 07:15 AM
Sounds like my life GG. I’m turning 61 in a few days. I was 59 when I started growing my pixie out. Not too much support in my “real life”. I wear it up most of the time. Except at home. I feel it’s more visually like a pixie for most people up ��. When I take it down at night while watching tv, I LOVE IT! ��

Good for you! Even if you are the only one to see it down, long hair is still FUN! And beautiful.

Groovy Granny
January 23rd, 2020, 12:50 PM
Sounds like my life GG. I’m turning 61 in a few days. I was 59 when I started growing my pixie out. Not too much support in my “real life”. I wear it up most of the time. Except at home. I feel it’s more visually like a pixie for most people up ��. When I take it down at night while watching tv, I LOVE IT! ��

That's great...and your silver curls are so pretty :heart:

Yup wear it for YOU....whatever makes you happy :cheer:

Never mind what anyone else has to say about it :lala:~ YOUR hair is none of their business :wigtongue:

It took me too many years to work that through, but once I did it was very freeing :flower:

bparnell75
January 23rd, 2020, 01:17 PM
I believe am the reigning ELDER. 78. I will relinquish my title if proven otherwise./ See My signature.

Groovy Granny
January 23rd, 2020, 01:36 PM
I believe am the reigning ELDER. 78. I will relinquish my title if proven otherwise./ See My signature.

:queen: :bowtome:

Until proven otherwise :eye:

Vacurlylady
January 23rd, 2020, 03:45 PM
Good for you! Even if you are the only one to see it down, long hair is still FUN! And beautiful.

Oh Sarah, it is sooo much fun! I can’t wait to learn different buns as my hair keeps growing! ☺️ As my pixie cuts became my signature look for more years than I care to say, I figure my different silvery blond buns will become my signature look! 😆

Vacurlylady
January 23rd, 2020, 04:06 PM
That's great...and your silver curls are so pretty :heart:

Yup wear it for YOU....whatever makes you happy :cheer:

Never mind what anyone else has to say about it :lala:~ YOUR hair is none of their business :wigtongue:

It took me too many years to work that through, but once I did it was very freeing :flower:

Oh my word, YES! It took me this many years to figure that all out! 🤣🤣🤣 FREEING is the perfect word.

Here’s, a little funny, but I am very serious. I told my family DO NOT CUT MY HAIR if I ever become incapacitated in any way. Kind of like a will. That’s how much I ❤️ It!!!

I’m real sorry I hijacked this conversation. I do plan on being here in the 70-80 group in a few years and still loving my long hair. 😍

Groovy Granny
January 23rd, 2020, 09:20 PM
Oh Sarah, it is sooo much fun! I can’t wait to learn different buns as my hair keeps growing! ☺️ As my pixie cuts became my signature look for more years than I care to say, I figure my different silvery blond buns will become my signature look! ��Exactly :thumbsup: I say the same thing!!

Oh my word, YES! It took me this many years to figure that all out! ������ FREEING is the perfect word.

Here’s, a little funny, but I am very serious. I told my family DO NOT CUT MY HAIR if I ever become incapacitated in any way. Kind of like a will. That’s how much I ❤️ It!!!

I’m real sorry I hijacked this conversation. I do plan on being here in the 70-80 group in a few years and still loving my long hair. ��

And I did that very same thing :o

Hey, it took us this long to grow and care for 'our signature look'...ain't nobody gonna touch it :patrol: ;)

These days I am the :queen: of hijacked threads. ..I digress so much....partners in crime we are :eyebrows: :rollin:

I do plan on being here in the 70-80 group in a few years and still loving my long hair. Me too :cheer:

Sarahlabyrinth
January 24th, 2020, 04:20 AM
Oh Sarah, it is sooo much fun! I can’t wait to learn different buns as my hair keeps growing! ☺️ As my pixie cuts became my signature look for more years than I care to say, I figure my different silvery blond buns will become my signature look! ��

I bet they will! I love my silvery buns! And it's fun having longer hair than anyone else in my village! Even if it is in a bun pretty much all the time - it's MY secret (they do know it's long, as I wore it in a ponytail a couple of times and they wrote about it in an article in the local village newspaper!) Which was fun. :)

Groovy Granny
January 24th, 2020, 10:00 AM
I bet they will! I love my silvery buns! And it's fun having longer hair than anyone else in my village! Even if it is in a bun pretty much all the time - it's MY secret (they do know it's long, as I wore it in a ponytail a couple of times and they wrote about it in an article in the local village newspaper!) Which was fun. :)
Well how cool is that...to be the talk of the village :lol: :thumbsup:

They must be in awe....pics are one thing, but in person it must be IMPRESSIVE :eye:

Vacurlylady
January 24th, 2020, 10:24 AM
Exactly :thumbsup: I say the same thing!!

And I did that very same thing :o

Hey, it took us this long to grow and care for 'our signature look'...ain't nobody gonna touch it :patrol: ;)

These days I am the :queen: of hijacked threads. ..I digress so much....partners in crime we are :eyebrows: :rollin:

Me too :cheer:

Awesome to be Partners in Crime with Queen of the Hijacked threads. 💞

Groovy Granny
January 24th, 2020, 10:31 AM
Awesome to be Partners in Crime with Queen of the Hijacked threads. ��

:agree: :hifive:

I am trying to be more aware of when I am doing that though :o

But if I miss it.... just :whip: LOL

Vacurlylady
January 24th, 2020, 12:34 PM

That’s so awesome Sarah! I’m not quite sure that would happen to me, but a gal can dream. Your buns and your length are something to be in awe of. 💞

Vacurlylady
January 24th, 2020, 12:37 PM

Love it! You deserve the title! 👸🏼❤️👸🏼

Sarahlabyrinth
January 24th, 2020, 01:55 PM
Well how cool is that...to be the talk of the village :lol: :thumbsup:

They must be in awe....pics are one thing, but in person it must be IMPRESSIVE :eye:

Someone must have thought so! :p

...Mind you, it is a very small village of about 200 people... :)

Groovy Granny
January 24th, 2020, 02:02 PM
Someone must have thought so! :p

...Mind you, it is a very small village of about 200 people... :)

Ah France.....wish we were back there ...enjoy :heart:

Sarahlabyrinth
January 24th, 2020, 02:16 PM
Ah France.....wish we were back there ...enjoy :heart:

We are, thank you, GG! :D It's utterly delightful! We were invited to the house of a local couple, all the folks in their little group of houses were invited - maybe 20 people altogether - we were the only English speaking people there - it was to celebrate the birth of their baby in December. They sat us down and fed us wine and cake, and we spent a couple of hours there, so generous of them to ask us as we are not part of their little group of houses - I told them they all had to learn English so that it would make our lives easier, and of course they all cracked up.... :rollin: wonderful, generous people, glad to accept foreigners in their midst.

Anyway... MUST. NOT. DERAIL. THREAD!

Groovy Granny
January 24th, 2020, 02:39 PM
We are, thank you, GG! :D It's utterly delightful! We were invited to the house of a local couple, all the folks in their little group of houses were invited - maybe 20 people altogether - we were the only English speaking people there - it was to celebrate the birth of their baby in December. They sat us down and fed us wine and cake, and we spent a couple of hours there, so generous of them to ask us as we are not part of their little group of houses - I told them they all had to learn English so that it would make our lives easier, and of course they all cracked up.... :rollin: wonderful, generous people, glad to accept foreigners in their midst.

Anyway... MUST. NOT. DERAIL. THREAD!

This one is on me....and I am dubbing myself :queen: of derailments (see siggie) considering all I have caused lately:o

How lovely; sounds like a wonderful community, and you are blessed! :heart:

So....we have 3 lovely inspiring ladies between 70 and 80 (so far)...thank you :grouphug:

Sarahlabyrinth
January 24th, 2020, 03:06 PM
This one is on me....and I am dubbing myself :queen: of derailments (see siggie) considering all I have caused lately:o

How lovely; sounds like a wonderful community, and you are blessed! :heart:

So....we have 3 lovely inspiring ladies between 70 and 80 (so far)...thank you :grouphug:

Our one hundred year old neighbour used to have APL hair, which I thought was something.....mind you, she wasn't an LHC member....but just saying. :) She lived to 103.

Wendyclaire
January 24th, 2020, 03:16 PM
I am 70, so I will join y'all. I remember joining the LHC when I was in my mid fifties. My, but does time fly! I was at tailbone length when I joined and was looking for a way to protect my ends from dry weather and very hard water. I have learned so much from being a member here and was even a mod for a couple of years.

It is such a treat to see such beautiful heads of hair even at our age. I just can't ever see myself with hair that looks like a dandelion gone to seed. I like being different. However more of late, I have noticed longer hair on more and more younger folks. Perhaps, the LOTRs has influenced this. But it is lovely to see.

I love your analogy because I can’t picture myself with the old lady hair that “looks like a dandelion gone to seed” either. I’m only 65 but I’m thrilled to know there is no age limit on having long hair!! Wahoo!

Sarahlabyrinth
January 24th, 2020, 03:18 PM
I love your analogy because I can’t picture myself with the old lady hair that “looks like a dandelion gone to seed” either. I’m only 65 but I’m thrilled to know there is no age limit on having long hair!! Wahoo!

More people need to know this!

zashin66
January 24th, 2020, 03:38 PM
I'm 53. My bangs have a inch wide steak of silver right at the hairline. It's only noticeable because i only have a thin line of bang. It makes My bang look a little lopsided. Otherwise it is interesting. I'm grateful for you ladies because i can see life for my hair once the greys start in earnest. Sarahlabyrinth gives me hope for spectacular hair. All of you are inspirational.

Sarahlabyrinth
January 25th, 2020, 04:53 AM
I'm 53. My bangs have a inch wide steak of silver right at the hairline. It's only noticeable because i only have a thin line of bang. It makes My bang look a little lopsided. Otherwise it is interesting. I'm grateful for you ladies because i can see life for my hair once the greys start in earnest. Sarahlabyrinth gives me hope for spectacular hair. All of you are inspirational.

Awww, thank you! GG was my inspiration for growing my silvers! GG and Crystawni :)

harpgal
January 25th, 2020, 10:22 AM
I hope this includes moi!

I am so glad to see this thread come alive again. I think any conversation is fun...especially at our age.

ETA: So much has happened in my life the past few years, I guess I need to start a blog. However, since Photobucket went out of my life, I haven't found a place to upload pictures. Any ideas, y'all?

Groovy Granny
January 25th, 2020, 11:20 AM
Awww, thank you! GG was my inspiration for growing my silvers! GG and Crystawni :)Oh my...thank you :flowers: Yes, Crystawni has gorgeous hair!

I hope this includes moi!

I am so glad to see this thread come alive again. I think any conversation is fun...especially at our age.

ETA: So much has happened in my life the past few years, I guess I need to start a blog. However, since Photobucket went out of my life, I haven't found a place to upload pictures. Any ideas, y'all?

Oh yes most definitely it does include you (((hugs))) ...I should have mentioned the names :doh:

Active members to date: bparnell75 - embee - harpgal :grouphug:

Looking back quickly in the thread, we also have some that haven't been active for a while: Esperanza - Madora - going gray - roseomalley - Fairlight63.

*I am not keeping track ...and have no desire/ability to ;)
I may have missed a name, some were turning 70 'soon (a couple of years ago -unspecified dates)... and people may come and go.

At a glance...it looks like bparnell75 still holds the title as ELDEST :bowtome:

Many use IMGUR but I haven't tried it.

dyna
January 25th, 2020, 11:29 PM
Just a tip of my hat (that must be my knit ponytail hat with the hole in the top) to the folks here. As a guy at 72, I can probably grow a wee bit longer (around BSL now, though without a BS it's hard to be sure, I know that makes me a junior in this company).

harpgal
January 26th, 2020, 05:39 AM
Just a tip of my hat (that must be my knit ponytail hat with the hole in the top) to the folks here. As a guy at 72, I can probably grow a wee bit longer (around BSL now, though without a BS it's hard to be sure, I know that makes me a junior in this company).
Welcome dyna! Instead of BS, I think you could safely say MB (mid-back).

I too, lived up in the cold country for many years (Montana) and know all about those knit hats. I used to crochet them. However since moving to Florida, it is all about protection from the sun, so I wear one of those floppy Columbia hats.

bparnell75
October 15th, 2021, 12:14 PM
Well I have turned 80 this Oct. So if any of you are over that please let me know.

lapushka
October 15th, 2021, 12:55 PM
Well I have turned 80 this Oct. So if any of you are over that please let me know.

Looks like you are wanting to make this into a competition. ;) :p
Congratulations on your big birthday.

baanoo
October 15th, 2021, 03:22 PM
Happy birthday, bparnell! :hifive::flower:

Lainey
October 15th, 2021, 03:31 PM

Happy birthday! Thank you for inspiring me with your hair growth journey.

bokeh
October 15th, 2021, 04:17 PM
Well I have turned 80 this Oct. So if any of you are over that please let me know.Happy Birthday!

luluj
October 15th, 2021, 04:19 PM

https://i.imgur.com/rKBfRXx.jpg (https://lunapic.com)

Finda
October 15th, 2021, 04:39 PM

Happy Birthday!

Iyashikei
October 15th, 2021, 09:52 PM

Happy birthday!

DropStitches
October 16th, 2021, 04:08 AM

Wow - now that truly is an impressive milestone! Happy birthday, bparnell - thanks for being an inspiration!

lapushka
October 16th, 2021, 05:05 AM
Indeed. :agree: Who says you have to be a spring chicken to have long locks, right? :)
Dude, it's pretty on *any* age!

harpgal
October 16th, 2021, 06:15 AM
Happy Birthday!

Jane99
October 16th, 2021, 07:06 AM
Happy birthday!!

Lesley8
October 16th, 2021, 07:18 AM
Happy birthday :)

draysmir
October 16th, 2021, 09:10 AM
Happy Birthday! :D

Cg
October 16th, 2021, 10:16 AM
Happy birthday, and happy long hair!

ZoeZ
October 16th, 2021, 10:51 AM
Happy Birthday, and many more!

FaeBroom
October 17th, 2021, 07:45 PM

Happy birthday to the Queen of elegant updos!

lunalocks
October 18th, 2021, 10:53 AM
Happy Birthday bparnell! What inspiration for the rest of us who are heading onward and upward (and downward with hair.)

bparnell75
October 18th, 2021, 05:42 PM
Wow! I am so blessed by all of you who have given me congratulations on turning 80. Thank you so much. I am still going strong on the longhair just a little thin around the forehead which I fill in with Cabooki.
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51198758370_dabc5ac6b1_z.jpg

rapunzelna
October 18th, 2021, 06:12 PM
It looks marvelous!

lapushka
October 19th, 2021, 05:28 AM
Yes: awesome! :D And you must do a good job, because... what thinning? :confused:

harpgal
October 19th, 2021, 08:40 AM
Absolutely beautiful, bparnell.

Jools69
October 20th, 2021, 02:04 AM
Wow! I am so blessed by all of you who have given me congratulations on turning 80. Thank you so much. I am still going strong on the longhair just a little thin around the forehead which I fill in with Cabooki.
Happy belated birthday. Your hair looks great!

Eastbound&Down
October 20th, 2021, 08:02 AM

Absolutely beautiful! Happy belated birthday to you!

lapis_lazuli
October 20th, 2021, 02:12 PM

You and your hair look so radiant here :crush: Happy Birthday, bparnell!

lithostoic
October 20th, 2021, 03:02 PM
Happy birthday bparnell75 your hair looks so shiny here :)

Sarahlabyrinth
October 21st, 2021, 02:18 AM
Oh my, HAPPY BIRTHDAY bparnell75! And your hair looks thoroughly magnificent! Thank you for sharing with us! :crush:

Bri-Chan
October 21st, 2021, 10:30 AM
Happy birthday! Your hair look amazing, and your updos are always so elegant.

bparnell75
October 21st, 2021, 11:14 AM
So sweet Ladies, I am incredibly blessed by your gracious comments, Thank You all so very much. Hugs and Kisses to all.
THANK YOU

0xalis
October 21st, 2021, 06:44 PM
Wow, happy birthday bparnell!!!! That's awesome!!!!
I hope LHC is somehow still around when I'm turning 80, but I'm 25 now so that's hard to imagine :p