PDA

View Full Version : 1st Hair Anniversary! (Pic Heavy)

Laura_F
July 10th, 2015, 11:16 PM
Hello! I may be jumping the gun by a couple of weeks, but I'm planning on getting a small trim pretty soon so I figured I would do this now before I lose some length. When I first started LHC, I posted my "hair story," so I'll do a bit of a refresher. In 2012, my hair was quite long, but I experienced some major breakage from bleaching out the underside repeatedly. It took me a long time (two years) to work up the courage to get the proper trim I needed after that, and I still have some bits that are shorter than the rest. Growing out these pieces to eventually reach the rest is one of my goals right now, in addition to obtaining all over long, thick, and healthy hair. So when I joined the forum, I had just cut my hair to BSL. It's a little difficult for me to tell where I'm at now, but I'm pretty sure I'm either at or closing in on hip. I'm incredibly short, so it doesn't take me as long to get from one milestone to the next. I feel like I won't really feel as though I'm at hip until my hair touches my hip bones in the front, which I know is kind of silly.

These days, my routine consists of: washing almost daily (my hair gets oily really quickly; this is a requirement and doesn't seem to damage my hair), using a clarifying shampoo with a varying conditioner (at the moment, something by Pantene), the occasional hair mask, de-tangling with a spray by Johnson's, blow drying, and applying a vitamin E oil to my ends. This seems to work pretty well in regard to my hair's health (not perfect, but not the worst) and definitely makes my hair look its best. I've made concentrated efforts lately to use a boar bristle brush. I'm also being more diligent about trims than I ever have as I'm trying to maintain a thicker hemline, and I'm considering trimming in accordance with the lunar cycle since I've heard it can be effective. Hey, I'll try anything once!

Overall, I'm pretty pleased with my growth rate and I'm hopeful that I'll be able to get my hair back to the length it once was but in much better condition. It's been great to become familiar with so many of you here at LHC, and I've really enjoyed watching your progress.

Thanks for reading!

July 31, 2014: (BSL; black hair dye; not long after my big chop)

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m229/Lateralus139/DSC_0755.jpg (http://s105.photobucket.com/user/Lateralus139/media/DSC_0755.jpg.html)

January, 2015: (waist; having gone back to my natural dark brown; looking down slightly so it's not the most accurate measure)

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m229/Lateralus139/42January3rd2015Waist.jpg (http://s105.photobucket.com/user/Lateralus139/media/42January3rd2015Waist.jpg.html)

July 9, 2015: (hip-ish?; still my natural color)

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m229/Lateralus139/DSC_0056.jpg (http://s105.photobucket.com/user/Lateralus139/media/DSC_0056.jpg.html)

Thanks again for letting me share my experience with you all!

GrowingGlory
July 10th, 2015, 11:21 PM
Beautiful hair!

Laura_F
July 10th, 2015, 11:24 PM
Thanks so much, GrowingGlory!

bonbon58
July 10th, 2015, 11:27 PM
your hair is so silky and pretty!! :applause i wish my hair was frizz free like that!!

moontree
July 10th, 2015, 11:33 PM
Laura_F I have admired your hair in other threads, it always looks thick and shiny! Congrats on a year of growth. I like using front markers for things too, hip-in-front sounds reasonable to me :)

Laura_F
July 10th, 2015, 11:43 PM
Thanks so much, everyone!

moontree, you've had some great growth as well. Lookin' good. :)

yahirwaO.o
July 11th, 2015, 12:13 AM
HAPPPY ANNIVERSARY LAURA_F!!!!!! :joy::joy::joy:

Nice progress and your hem seems almost with zero taper. Almost hip lenght in one year is quite remarkable with such great condition too.

Speaking of moon trim experience, I can say it works for me. My hair is much thicker and heavy that it was before, still I have a nice diet and meditate a lot. This alll together seems more realistic to me, still trimmin on those days dont hurt really.

I've mentioned this, But you are one of my main hair idols here :o Straight, ubber shiny and georgeous!

Laura_F
July 11th, 2015, 12:24 AM
yahirwaO.o, thanks so much! You always say the nicest, most encouraging things. Thanks for the info, by the way!

FallingDarkness
July 11th, 2015, 12:30 AM
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

Your hair is GOREGOUS, STUNNING, AMAZING, care to trade??? That shine, it looks like silk! And the color is sooooooooooo rich! You are so lucky :)
Congrats, your hair grew a ton!

luxurioushair
July 11th, 2015, 12:33 AM
Simply dazzling. Congratulations!

Aderyn
July 11th, 2015, 03:23 AM
You hair is absolutely gorgeous!! :crush:

Nice growth, too!

cat11
July 11th, 2015, 05:57 AM
Your hair is one of my favorites to see on this forum, its so shiny and straight! I don't knowe how you grew from BSL to hipish in a year... that's amazing. I started the year BSL and I haven't gotten to waist yet!

Medievalmaniac
July 11th, 2015, 06:17 AM
Congratulations on your LHC anniversary! You have gotten marvelous growth this year and your hair looks wonderful!

momschicklets
July 11th, 2015, 06:34 AM
Gorgeous! Your hair shines like diamonds....what wonderful progress you have made. I may or may not have reached out and touched my screen because your hair is beckoning me to touch it LOL :blossom::blossom:

Nimia
July 11th, 2015, 07:40 AM
WoooOOOOooowww! Your natural color is so pretty, with those variations in it. Really fabulous hair.

alexis917
July 11th, 2015, 07:50 AM
Wow, your hair looks super shiny!

Lady Mary
July 11th, 2015, 08:15 AM
Your hair is stunning. Can I also say, I love your bedroom decorations too :)

Nesoi
July 11th, 2015, 08:33 AM
How beautiful, silky, shiny and gorgeous!

Mimha
July 11th, 2015, 10:02 AM
Congrats on your annivhairsary, and wonderful growth, Laura_F ! :)

Your hair is :cool: blindingly shiny :cool: and your hemline absolutely flawless, as usual ! You have apparently found the good routine for it to grow quick and thick ! :flower:

squirrrel
July 11th, 2015, 10:18 AM
Good going - that's amazing growth. Your hair is gorgeous, and condition fab. BSL to hip in a year? Wow! :)

Laura_F
July 11th, 2015, 10:50 AM
Thank you so much, everyone! You all have really made my day. It's so nice to hear from all the people whose hair I admire so much. :heartbeat

DeadlyUnicorn
July 11th, 2015, 12:48 PM
Wow your hair is so shiny and smooth looking :) Just gorgeous!

TrapperCreekD
July 11th, 2015, 01:03 PM
:thudpile: So shiny and beautiful!

hypersensitive
July 11th, 2015, 01:09 PM
Very nice! Congrats!

lapis_lazuli
July 11th, 2015, 02:37 PM
Very, very pretty! So shiny and smooth :grin: Also what a nice hemline! Congrats, you must be very happy :cloud9:

Laura_F
July 11th, 2015, 03:42 PM
Oh man, so many of my hair idols in this thread right now! Thanks! :o

meteor
July 11th, 2015, 03:45 PM
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, LAURA_F! :joy:

Such super-stunning hair! :D And amazing growth progress! Congratulations! :love:

Laura_F
July 11th, 2015, 10:29 PM
Thanks so much, meteor!

lapushka
July 12th, 2015, 03:40 PM
That is gorgeous and some amazing progress! :D

missrandie
July 12th, 2015, 07:33 PM
Fantastic hair! Like a dark silken waterfall :) the mirrorsmooth awapuhi ad on the side panel has nothing on you :)

Laura_F
July 12th, 2015, 08:35 PM
Thanks so much, ladies! :heartbeat

Lucy Elizabeth
July 12th, 2015, 09:09 PM
It's sooo pretty and shiny :D Looks like hip to me, if not supeeerrrr close!

BSL to hip in a year? You GROW girl! ;D