PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to bleach! PICS

misspurdy06
July 9th, 2015, 03:03 PM
Since stopping any lightening my hair 3ish years ago I have chopped off all the previous bleach and have mostly all virgin hair (one time temp hair color that has most washed out)

I feel strange with my natural color. After my pregnancy my hair has started to grow in darker and curlier.

it looks a little darker than this in person
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x223/misspurd06/2015-05-11%2014.21.14_zpst8dltfvz.jpg

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x223/misspurd06/Facebook/Profile%20Pictures/1658182_10203551284810668_870071828_o_zpsn37qqxo2. jpg

and back when it was blonde....
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x223/misspurd06/Facebook/Happy%20Halloween/664384_4858331384088_1215781428_o_zpsfqwndebx.jpg

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x223/misspurd06/Facebook/Profile%20Pictures/456523_4020995411212_246636160_o_zpsv2qbfdwb.jpg

Ive ben blonde most of my life. Im nervous about bleaching all virgin hair; even though Im almost practically a pro. I'm just nervous.

BambooBeauty
July 9th, 2015, 03:13 PM
Good luck! Be sure to post pics!

lapushka
July 9th, 2015, 03:20 PM
Well, it probably doesn't help if I say I love the curls and darker color? ;)

missblueeyes
July 9th, 2015, 03:21 PM
I'm excited to see the pics! :)
Don't forget to drown your hair in coconut oil before you bleach and consider trying Olaplex if it's available to you. :)

Lady Mary
July 9th, 2015, 03:26 PM
Aw... Well I just wanted to say how pretty your current hair is. As long as you like it though, that's what's important.

spidermom
July 9th, 2015, 03:40 PM
I like your current hair, too.

Deborah
July 9th, 2015, 03:55 PM
I too like the darker, natural hair on you. Your skin and eye colors look better this way. Why mess up your prettiest look?

(Rhetorical question of course - you don't need to answer. But please think about it.)

meteor
July 9th, 2015, 04:02 PM
I love your natural color so much! :crush: You look lovely both as blonde and as brunette! :love:
But if you are really set on bleaching:

1) Get your hair drenched in coconut oil pre-bleach (go heavy-handed and don't wash it off);
2) Use hydrolyzed proteins right after (Aphogee 2-step Reconstructor is one of the good protein fillers);
3) Research some of the damage insuring products out there, like Olaplex;
4) Consider doing just a few foils, rather than full head: the less bleach is used to get to your preferred shade of blonde, the better;
5) Lift only to the level that you want: if there is brassiness, resist the temptation to use more bleach, but use toner instead (because the less damage, the better).

Best of luck! :flowers:

DancingGirl
July 9th, 2015, 05:00 PM
I haven't tried it but you can get a travel sized kit of Olaplex for $22. It's supposed to be enough for one use :http://www.amazon.com/Olaplex-Stand-Stylist-Single-Treatment/dp/B00XQRBSLO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1436482820&sr=8-2&keywords=olaplex Good Luck!

RUNAWAYCHIC006
July 9th, 2015, 05:16 PM
You gotta do what makes you happy :). Just be carful if you bleach not to leave it on too long and not to bleach multiple times. It might be nice just a few shades lighter. I would like to say your current hair is very healthy and pretty. Have you ever tried henna. A pop of color might give you the impact you are looking for.

copperlites
July 9th, 2015, 05:34 PM
I think your current hair colour and curls are beautiful and look healthy. Your eyes and skin are perfectly suited to the darker shade. If you are determined to go lighter i would do as others have suggested and do as much as possible to protect it with the coconut oil or the olaplaex, which i have only just heard about. Also i would try just adding a few highlights before going the whole hog. You can always add more later. That might give you enough of a lift you are after and look like a more natural sun kissed look.

hannabiss
July 9th, 2015, 05:41 PM
Well I think the biggest difference in the pictures is that your not wearing makeup in one and wearing it in the other. If look at a pic of myself when I was bald with makeup compared to a pic of me now without I'd think I look better bald.

However I'm a believer that you can dye and bleach hair and keep it in fairly good condition.
If you were born to be blonde by all means bleach and be happy.

Breezy
July 9th, 2015, 07:00 PM
I really love it virgin, you can see the shine and health of it. Not to say I don't love it blond, cuz it looks great!

browneyedsusan
July 12th, 2015, 07:04 PM
ooh! Your second picture is drop-dead gorgeous! I love how your brunette hair contrasts with your pretty skin.

(Darling child in your siggy, too! Just saying. :inlove: )

goldenwitch
July 12th, 2015, 07:46 PM
You look like Leighton Meester! I also support bleaching if it's what you want; I dream of doing it when I hit hip/TBL as long as I have olaplex. That being said I think your brunette is beautiful and I envy your curls! I hope they stick around when you bleach. I secretly think brown eyes and curly blonde hair is the prettiest combo. :)

raemarthe
July 13th, 2015, 08:24 AM
I honestly love both colors on you! Lovely c:

Wusel
July 13th, 2015, 09:39 AM
I PLEAD FOR NATURAL!
The natural, darker color makes your eyes pop, enhances your beauty and your skintone.
The bleached version of you makes you look... dull? Nothing special? Blend in the masses?
I'm sorry, I dont want to hurt you or something but that's my honest opinion.
Natural you look like a movie star. I mean it. You are so pretty, you eyes are amazing, your lips are very pretty...
Bleached you look like the average and your eyes and lips look like... faded.
It's the opinion of someone who studied photography. One of main subjects: portrait photography. So, I have an educated eye when it comes to faces, skintones, eyes, lips...
Believe me, please. If you want to look your best - DON'T BLEACH.
I don't want to sound bigheaded, I only want your best and I see a VERY, VERY, V E R Y PRETTY girl who is about to make herself less pretty by putting harsh chemicals on her head.

Quasiquixotic
July 13th, 2015, 09:46 AM
Oh god, your dark hair is stunning! It brings out your eyes and your skin looks so soft and creamy!

I hope you love your color no matter what you decide. Please post photos!

Halliday
July 13th, 2015, 10:42 AM
i think your natural colour is beautiful <3

allycat
July 13th, 2015, 11:12 AM
I agree with folks who prefer your natural color. It's eye-catchingly lovely!

AspenSong
July 13th, 2015, 11:47 AM
Obviously, do what makes You happy since you wake up with yourself everyday and you need to feel happy with what's looking back at you.

That being said, I just want to chime in and say I agree that your current hair is amazing. The curl and the color is beautiful and super pretty on you. You look like some beauty from a classic oil painting come to life, to me. Like a muse. Living art.

Like this (http://g03.a.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1guYMHFXXXXbxaXXXq6xXFXXXi/Professional-Factory-Skilled-Artist-Handmade-High-Quality-font-b-Classical-b-font-Lady-font-b-Portrait.jpg)or this. (https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/2a/a7/de/2aa7de1737470d65c2abf9b2279e1d64.jpg)

Wusel
July 13th, 2015, 11:49 AM
Obviously, do what makes You happy since you wake up with yourself everyday and you need to feel happy with what's looking back at you.

That being said, I just want to chime in and say I agree that your current hair is amazing. The curl and the color is beautiful and super pretty on you. You look like some beauty from a classic oil painting, come to life to me. Like a living muse. Living art.

Like https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/2a/a7/de/2aa7de1737470d65c2abf9b2279e1d64.jpg or http://g03.a.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1guYMHFXXXXbxaXXXq6xXFXXXi/Professional-Factory-Skilled-Artist-Handmade-High-Quality-font-b-Classical-b-font-Lady-font-b-Portrait.jpg. :)

EXACTLY!!!
WELL SAID AspenSong!!!
LISTEN TO HER, AND LOOK AT THE PAINTINGS!!!
Do you get what we all here mean???

Mimha
July 13th, 2015, 12:02 PM
Frankly... ruin such a beautiful head of virgin hair to go blond ???

:(

You have asked us our opinion, misspurdy06. And you know, we are hair lovers. And bleach is the most violent thing you can apply on your hair ! :run: Bleach is a hair killer : it ruins your keratin and turns it into straw. It annihilates your color, your shine, your texture... It makes you dependent on touching up the root again and again, leading you to apply a toxic product on your scalp over and over again. It obliges you to buy and apply also tons of other expensive stuff to make your hair look good despite the mistreatment. All this to look like a fake blond ?

Frankly. Think it over, let's say 2 weeks ?... And then do what you please.

Now that's my personal feelings about bleaching. I don't mean to condemn your preferences. Even if you bleach, you'll find lots of people who will be very enthusiastic about the result, I'm sure. :flower:

pastina
July 13th, 2015, 12:26 PM
She actually didn't ask for opinions. She said she was going to bleach and that she was nervous.

lapushka
July 13th, 2015, 12:38 PM
She actually didn't ask for opinions. She said she was going to bleach and that she was nervous.

And I'm a little nervous as to why we haven't seen the result yet. :o :(
Hope it all went well, at least! :)

AspenSong
July 13th, 2015, 12:57 PM

Good point.

I hope I personally didn't come off as disrespectful or anything in any way in what I said. You'll look lovely in any hair color...I just immediately saw old paintings in my mind when I saw you with the dark hair and thought it was super lovely. :)

pastina
July 13th, 2015, 01:28 PM
I don't mean to call anyone out.

The only reason I spoke up is because I've been where OP is now. I've always loved my hair to be colorful, but I'd gone back to a natural color before I was going to be having shoulder surgery so I wouldn't need to worry about upkeep. But, about a month after the surgery, I got pregnant with my older son. Suddenly my body was completely changing and I was stuck with brown hair and I didn't feel like myself. It was really depressing. I ended up opening up all the windows to reduce fumes and coloring my hair at the end of my second trimester, when my OB advised me it was safest.

Frankly, it didn't matter that my hair might suffer a bit of damage-- it was definitely healthier for me to color my hair! That was something I could do, easily, that would make me feel better about my appearance and help me to feel like I was back in control. It made me feel *so* much better. I felt fierce again!

So, yes, she definitely does recall old paintings with her natural look. But if she wants to be blonde, that's her prerogative, and she shouldn't be dissuaded to please others.

Power to you, OP. If you're concerned about the dying process, feel free to drop me a line or check out www.hairdyeforum.com. The members there are really great and give amazing advice about helping protect the integrity of your hair during processing.

AspenSong
July 13th, 2015, 01:44 PM
Totally right pastina. And ya know what, at the end of the day when I think about it....tossing opinions on anyone about something like this at the end of the day, isn't any different than someone who volunteers opinions to us long hairs all the time about how we should cut it all the time. It's the same argument - it's what makes US happy. Ultimately that's all that matters in the end.

Hope you'll show us some update shots of whatever you did misspurdy! ;)

Wusel
July 13th, 2015, 02:46 PM
Totally right pastina. And ya know what, at the end of the day when I think about it....tossing opinions on anyone about something like this at the end of the day, isn't any different than someone who volunteers opinions to us long hairs all the time about how we should cut it all the time. It's the same argument - it's what makes US happy. Ultimately that's all that matters in the end.

Hope you'll show us some update shots of whatever you did misspurdy! ;)

When you put your words and pictures in the WWW, opinions from others is what follows.
I don't feel sorry about my opinion that I've posted because between the lines OP wrote I felt something like she's not sure if it's the right decision and maybe needs some advice. So, I gave her mine. And we are a community which supports long, healthy, neat hair so... I advocate this. And I also advocate that these chemicals are not healthy for the body. That's why you shouldn't bleach your hair while pregnant because this chemical sh** enters your bloodstream and can be found in the liver of fake blondes even years later. I'm sorry but on my opinion it's not smart and not reasonable to take such a high risk for a fake hair color when the natural looks so good. I love colorful hair, colored with funny colors, plant colors, whatever, I'm not an expert in this, but I don't support bleach when natural color looks good on a person. There might be exceptions like people who simply look bad with dark hair or better, younger, more fresh with lighter hair and NEED to bleach and study the pros and cons, the risk and benefits, but OP definitely isn't one of them. I'm sorry. And she successfully grew the bleach out and has wonderful virgin hair color, so why?

pastina
July 13th, 2015, 02:55 PM
Because she wants to.

Wusel
July 13th, 2015, 03:01 PM
Because she wants to.

Okay, I don't forbid her. I only gave my advice and opinion, I'm sorry, I say what I think and when I see such a very pretty woman I simply want her to stay like this :) If she doesn't want to I won't sentence her for this. :)

Wusel
July 13th, 2015, 03:04 PM
double post, sorry

Wusel
July 13th, 2015, 03:05 PM
Because she wants to.

AND: When someone is crazy like you and bleaches her hair to make it so colorful - Great. No problem, it's worth it to bleach. But for some boring, average blonde which every second average woman has on her head? Compared to this wonderful, special, not average natural color? No...

ositarosita
July 13th, 2015, 03:08 PM
If you don't feel like you see yourself when you look in the mirror and something simple like changing your hair colour can help that GOR FOR IT. Everyone is beautiful and deserves to see their reflection that way.

pastina
July 13th, 2015, 03:17 PM
Lol Wusel! I'm only crazy because the bleach fumes went to my head. :brainbleach: :p

ositarosita
July 13th, 2015, 03:18 PM
Lol Wusel! I'm only crazy because the bleach fumes went to my head. :brainbleach: :p

You're CRAZY AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lapushka
July 13th, 2015, 03:20 PM
You're CRAZY AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, my hair probably couldn't withstand the coloring and bleach, but I admire anyone else who can pull it off! :thumbsup:

browneyedsusan
July 13th, 2015, 03:33 PM
:popcorn:

- - - - - -

Wusel
July 13th, 2015, 03:35 PM
I'm sorry if my opinion offended someone. It wasn't meant like this. I like crazy people, I'm crazy myself. I just thought OP wanted to hear some true words about what we think about it. And it was my true words. I leave this discussion, I think I'm also not experienced enough to talk about this. I only wanted to save some awesome natural beauty. I'm sorry.

wilderwein
July 13th, 2015, 03:35 PM

- - - - - -

Hahahahahha I can relate

pastina
July 13th, 2015, 03:44 PM
You didnt offend me! :blossom: :smooch:

nakima
July 21st, 2015, 08:12 PM
I agree with most here your natural color is very pretty and I love the curls as well but sometimes I guess we just need a change.

lapushka
July 22nd, 2015, 02:34 PM
So did you go through with it, OP? :)

goldenwitch
July 22nd, 2015, 03:17 PM

- - - - - -

Dangitttt now I'm craving popcorn.

DancingGirl
July 22nd, 2015, 04:02 PM
I think both your natural and blonde look good. Though I am rooting for the blonde (being biased bottle blonde).

HairPlease
July 22nd, 2015, 06:04 PM
White blonde has been part of my identity for years, and I would never give it up. I too feel silly with my natural color. Vain? No, just a preference. Some people wear blue more, some prefer red, etc. So do what makes you happy! You look great both colors!!

browneyedsusan
July 28th, 2015, 05:56 PM
How did it come out, OP?
Are you a white-blonde snow angel now?