PDA

View Full Version : 6 month trim free thread?

elsieivy
July 7th, 2015, 06:12 PM
Anyone else want to commit to no trimming until the end of the year? I like lurking in the 2015 no trimming thread but I don't post since I can't commit to going quite that long without a trim. I think 6 months is doable though. i just trimmed a few days ago and I'm ready to be trim free for the rest of 2015. Anyone else with me?

bonbon58
July 7th, 2015, 06:31 PM
ooh me!! i won't be able to trim until winter for various reasons. usually i only cut/trim when i'm at home...which is pretty close to every 6 months

battles
July 7th, 2015, 06:37 PM
I actually just made plans to do this a few hours ago! Perfect. :)

I last cut in February this year, but I cut quite a bit off my hair.

Lady Mary
July 7th, 2015, 06:40 PM
Yeah, I'm in. Trim free for the rest of 2015 sounds great!

Silverbrumby
July 7th, 2015, 06:56 PM
I'm in. I haven't trimmed since February but I'm willing to go to the end of the year.

Aderyn
July 7th, 2015, 06:58 PM
I'll join as well! My last trim was sometime in June, I think. :)

BoopBoop1
July 7th, 2015, 07:01 PM
I'll try to! If I can do it, it will be really long(at least for me) next year :pray:. Wohoo!

Good luck, everyone. :)

bonbon58
July 7th, 2015, 07:12 PM
also forgot to add i last trimmed in may!
S+D doesn't count right??

Horrorpops
July 7th, 2015, 08:47 PM
Me! I am waiting until Christmas when I will travel home to see my family. My mum used to be a hair dresser and she is the only person who has ever cut my hair. :)

Bonbon - S&D surely doesn't count :p I need my occassional S&Ds to maintain my bleached splitty ends haha

elsieivy
July 7th, 2015, 09:02 PM
Cool! Glad to see there are lots of others with the same goal as me.

No, I definitely don't count S and D as a trim. I don't think trimming bangs counts either.

flickm
July 7th, 2015, 11:56 PM
Me, I'm in. i had a big chop in april and don't intend cutting again unless I get split ends (which i don't tend to) till at least Christmas, and maybe not then. Does cutting your fringe count? (oops, just saw the reply above about cutting bangs)...

parkmikii
July 8th, 2015, 01:27 AM
I'm in as well! I have trimmed a centimeter last month and I think I'll just let it grow until the end of the year ^^

floraflowerpowe
July 8th, 2015, 01:32 AM
I'm in too! I want my hair to be BSL around december/januari, so I wasn't planning on cutting it before that time :D

Decemberrose
July 8th, 2015, 02:20 AM
I'll play too :) My last 1 cm trim was in january. I hope to be APL by New Years.
God how I miss to have long hair :( hurry up and grow! :)

Saige
July 8th, 2015, 02:26 AM
I'll give it a go, too! I trimmed half an inch last week to get rid of some wonky ends, so I hope I can get to the end of the year without losing any more length.

cat11
July 8th, 2015, 08:41 AM
Hmmm I do trim twice a year, roughly every six months, but I will need to make my second trim sometime in the fall so I cant join. But cool ide.

ositarosita
July 8th, 2015, 10:29 AM
I'm in,I was a part of the no trimming 2015 thread .. but hate for my layers and colour won over length. I just trimmed about 2 days ago I believe (.5" nothing more) and I don't plan on trimming again January.

Nellon
July 8th, 2015, 11:33 AM
I'm in. Got a bit scissor happy lately... So this is perfect. starting today then. :) ETA: Actually, I'll go til' new year :)

Lucy Elizabeth
July 8th, 2015, 11:55 AM
Just debating doing this last night! I plan on hitting hip (34) in August and bcl (37) in February 2016 which will be a whole year without trims! :O THEN i will probably trim from bcl back to hip to get rid of damage. Hopefully I can make it to bcl with a decent hemline if I keep using coconut oil and protective styles and no heat:pray: Even if I end up with damage by February, I will be chopping 3 inches of splits :scissors: which to me, is a pretty decent amount to cut after going cold-turkey for a year

Good to know the occasional S and D will not count elsieivy thank you for clarifying! (no pun intended haha :eyebrows:)

vpatt
July 8th, 2015, 01:03 PM
I did a micro trim in January and don't intend to trim again anytime soon.....maybe never, lol

Halliday
July 8th, 2015, 01:09 PM
yup, i'm up for it!

kendraf
July 8th, 2015, 01:47 PM
I'm already on it :) haven't trimmed since March/April-ish and won't touch it again until New Year's! Happy growing everyone!

georgia_peach
July 8th, 2015, 05:11 PM
Ahh! Thank you for this thread. Count me in.
I'm in,I was a part of the no trimming 2015 thread .. but hate for my layers and colour won over length. I just trimmed about 2 days ago I believe (.5" nothing more) and I don't plan on trimming again January. Similar situation with me. I hadn't trimmed in over a year and was in the 2015 thread. But at the end of April I trimmed about 1.5", so I had to drop out of the year challenge. I'm glad to have a new thread to join. I have no intentions of trimming in the next year or so.

elsieivy
July 8th, 2015, 05:23 PM
Good to know the occasional S and D will not count elsieivy thank you for clarifying! (no pun intended haha :eyebrows:)

Clarifying is always good! lol.

raemarthe
July 9th, 2015, 11:39 AM
Hmm I would join but my last trim was in March and I don't know how many more months my damaged hair can go without a refresh..

ositarosita
July 22nd, 2015, 02:54 PM
Just checking in I'm still here, still not planning on trimming until at least December 31st. I'm even thinking about waiting until January 30th before I trim again. I have no idea if I'm going to stick to the 6 month trim schedule or if I'll trim every 6 months until I reach WL then maintain for a while.

lunalocks
July 22nd, 2015, 03:05 PM
I just trimmed for the first time in 2 years 2 days ago! Just the few super growers. Only 2 inches, but they were driving me crazy. I'm in til the end of the year.

elsieivy
July 22nd, 2015, 04:26 PM
Just checking in. My ends are still pretty fresh so this isn't difficult for me yet. I also found out that August-October are going to be crazy busy for me so that should help keep me distracted if the going starts getting tough.

hannabiss
July 22nd, 2015, 05:43 PM
Had my hair color incident just this week and had over an inch trimmed..I'll commit to six months no trim.

HintOfMint
July 22nd, 2015, 09:15 PM
This is generally my trimming schedule, glad to see this thread!

I don't think I'll be waiting till the end of the year since I last had a trim less than two months ago.

hannabiss
July 22nd, 2015, 09:58 PM
My birthday is the end of January. When my hair was long (long long ago in the "before" time when I had grown to tbl) I would cut an inch off on my birthday sometimes a little more and an inch off in June /July. I think I'll go back to that...yay to LHC and getting back on track with hair.

turtlelover
July 23rd, 2015, 12:10 AM
Yeah, I think I'm ready to not trim till Christmas. I cut an inch off like maybe a month ago, and it feels really nice after clarifying so I don't see any reason to cut for 6 months. I'll trim right before Christmas -- easy to remember!

restless
July 23rd, 2015, 03:29 AM
Im in! :)

Ive been maintaining somewhere around the waist+ / hip area for 2 years by now, because I wanted (needed) to get rid of old, thin and damaged end. However, in February I cut off the very last of the dye/bleach/heat damage and havent trimmed since. My hair is now hip+ and for the first time ever at this length the ends look pretty nice. My goal is BCL by Christmas and I have around 5cm (2 inches) to go, which means I cant trim at all if Im gonna be able to reach it on time. So yeah, here I am.

Sunny_side_up
July 27th, 2015, 09:09 AM
I'll be able to reach my goal of bsl quite possibly by christmas2015. Havnt had a trim since may. Hair seems to be doing fine. Using coconut oil spritz after washing seems to be helping with moisture and end protection.

Knifegill
July 27th, 2015, 10:42 AM
I only trim every 6 months anyway! I use the solstice as a reminder, I'm that lazy.

kidso
July 27th, 2015, 01:20 PM
I don't use the solstice. I use Christmas and Christmas in July for trim reminders. I can probably keep the scissors at bay until the New Year, minus any SD missions!

AngelAlly
August 8th, 2015, 01:26 PM
Is it too late to join this club? Today I had a haircut. My hair bsl and I wanted it cut somewhere between apl and bsl because it has been so hot. I showed the stylist where. She cut off maybe nine inches added layers too. It is at my collar bone now. The shortest at my chin. I didn't realize she cut it that short in the back. I'm so upset because it was supposed to be a lot longer! I cried when I got home because it was still supposed to be long! I don't trim that often, I may try going a little over six months. I'm so upset, I want my hair back.

kirby
August 8th, 2015, 03:51 PM
I haven't trimmed since March and I plan on going at least until the end of the year, maybe longer if I can ;)

ExpectoPatronum
August 8th, 2015, 03:59 PM
Hm...I think I can do this. I'm already four months in! ;D

I had gotten a devacut in April (which I still love!) and I don't plan on getting it touched up/redone until after Halloween. I need my hair to be as long as I can get it for my Halloween costume. I plan on being Bellatrix Lestrange and, while I have the curls, I need a bit more length.

I had toyed with the idea of getting a trim in August, but my ends are still in good condition and my hair still looks fine, so...Why not wait another couple months.

vpatt
August 8th, 2015, 05:55 PM
Is it too late to join this club? Today I had a haircut. My hair bsl and I wanted it cut somewhere between apl and bsl because it has been so hot. I showed the stylist where. She cut off maybe nine inches added layers too. It is at my collar bone now. The shortest at my chin. I didn't realize she cut it that short in the back. I'm so upset because it was supposed to be a lot longer! I cried when I got home because it was still supposed to be long! I don't trim that often, I may try going a little over six months. I'm so upset, I want my hair back.

Oh no! I can't believe so many hairdressers do this to their customers. I'm sorry it happened to you. There may be a thread about this. (((hugs)))

ositarosita
January 3rd, 2016, 11:48 AM
Is this thread still active? Meaning can we apply the 6 months to this year as well?

Silverbrumby
January 3rd, 2016, 11:57 AM
I'm in. No trim till June 2016

elsieivy
January 3rd, 2016, 01:40 PM
I just trimmed a few days ago, so I think I'm ready to go until June too!

Brunettebybirth
January 3rd, 2016, 02:27 PM
I'm in as well. I don't plan on trimming until June. My son graduates then so that's my motivation.

turtlelover
January 3rd, 2016, 02:52 PM
This sounds like a good thread for me. I won't trim till the 1st of July.

ositarosita
January 3rd, 2016, 03:28 PM
I am going to be continuing this challenge throughout my entire growth journey as it's the only way I can monitor my trims. I will flat iron my hair at the end of every 6 month increment to see progress :)

Good Luck everyone and happy growing :)

Next trim is June 30th.

luxurioushair
January 4th, 2016, 05:42 AM
So glad to see this, my last trim was in November 2015 so I'm not doing it again until May 2016. I feel like I could've had even more hair last year but I trimmed too often.

ositarosita
January 7th, 2016, 07:49 PM
What are everyone's goals for the end of the 6 months?
Are you planning on trimming or maybe continuing non trimming?
Do you have a length or thickness goal, maybe even a style goal?
what is your hair care routine?
What is your ultimate goal?
What do you struggle with?
What helps you stay motivated so you don't give in to the urge to trim?

khryz
January 8th, 2016, 04:10 AM
I planned no trim till April, but I'll take up the challenge to see how far I can go :)

Does a microtrim count as a trim? As in going to the hairdressers and getting 1/4" trimmed to tidy up the hemline and even out my layers.

I don't have a thickness goal, but I'd like to grow 4-6 inches by the end of this challenge, which I think is achievable based on my growth rate.
My hair care routine is 1-2 S + C a week, weekly SMT. In between washes I massage my scalp and BBB, and use coconut oil on my ends pre-wash. I am hoping that once my hair gets back into shape I could do fortnightly SMTs, and maybe stretch to washing once a week.

I think my biggest struggle is the impulsiveness of going to chop my hair off to the shortest layer. My layers are driving me nuts.

ositarosita
January 8th, 2016, 10:15 AM
I planned no trim till April, but I'll take up the challenge to see how far I can go :)

Does a microtrim count as a trim? As in going to the hairdressers and getting 1/4" trimmed to tidy up the hemline and even out my layers.

I don't have a thickness goal, but I'd like to grow 4-6 inches by the end of this challenge, which I think is achievable based on my growth rate.
My hair care routine is 1-2 S + C a week, weekly SMT. In between washes I massage my scalp and BBB, and use coconut oil on my ends pre-wash. I am hoping that once my hair gets back into shape I could do fortnightly SMTs, and maybe stretch to washing once a week.

I think my biggest struggle is the impulsiveness of going to chop my hair off to the shortest layer. My layers are driving me nuts.

Great to have you with us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes a microtrim counts as trim because it affects your hemline. S&D is fine, you can trim pre-existing bangs/fringe if you have no plans on growing them out.

If you really want to trim that 1/4 I would trim it then start the challenge.

elsieivy
January 8th, 2016, 03:27 PM
What are everyone's goals for the end of the 6 months?

Are you planning on trimming or maybe continuing non trimming?
I'm almost definitely going to do a trim at the end of the six months and then hopefully I'll go another six months trim free.

Do you have a length or thickness goal, maybe even a style goal?
I'd really like to be at about BCL by the end of six months. (I'm at hip now)

what is your hair care routine?
Nothing too crazy; I wash once a week using the CWC method and then I use Panacea as a leave-in. I make special effort to keep the underlayer of my hair conditioned since it is bleached.

What is your ultimate goal?
Classic with thick ends and minimal taper!

What do you struggle with?
I do struggle with remembering to do regular s&d sessions and to use leave-in conditioner on non wash days.

What helps you stay motivated so you don't give in to the urge to trim?
For me it's not so much staying motivated as it is staying busy. As long as I don't think about whether or not my hair needs a trim, I don't have an issue. Besides thinner ends works better for a lot of styles.

Great questions!

ositarosita
January 14th, 2016, 01:33 PM
Great questions!

Thank you!! I'm just hoping to get this thread be a little more interactive, get some conversations started.

elsieivy
January 27th, 2016, 10:11 AM
Thank you!! I'm just hoping to get this thread be a little more interactive, get some conversations started.

I hope we get some more participants too! (Bump) So far everything has been going fine for me. My hair is growing at a pretty steady .5 inches a month so I'm still hopeful that I'll be close to or at bcl by June or July when I trim.

ositarosita
January 27th, 2016, 12:36 PM
I hope we get some more participants too! (Bump) So far everything has been going fine for me. My hair is growing at a pretty steady .5 inches a month so I'm still hopeful that I'll be close to or at bcl by June or July when I trim.

All good here as well, I found a new cut method that I am excited to try and it will take a lot of time for me to grow out my current haircut. I just keep thinking that I can take off an inch June 30th without even touching my length *I probably wont end up touching my length for about a year, a year and a half

khryz
January 28th, 2016, 01:14 PM
I plan to go trim-free till the middle of this year as well. I'm hoping to be very close to SL, or at least be able to tie it up in a short stubby ponytail. If the inversion method works for me and I keep it up, then I will definitely hit SL.

I still have some damage to snip off. Most of the damage left is at the front so I may be able to snip them off myself. That said, I do plan to bleach and color my hair so a trim definitely seems on schedule in the middle of the year.

Longhairgrowing
January 29th, 2016, 12:08 PM
6 Months will definitly be trim-free for me, because I want to grow my hair longer. My last trim was only 9 days ago. I'm growing out layers (in a bob) and last time my hairdresser took off 1 inch just to get less difference between the longest length and the layers. It's now at jaw length and my ultimate goal is to grow it at WL. A little trim every 6 months will be enough to keep my hair healty during growing. I hope I will reach SL in november, so I have to wait al little more longer after 6 months.

elsieivy
January 30th, 2016, 12:46 PM
I plan to go trim-free till the middle of this year as well. I'm hoping to be very close to SL, or at least be able to tie it up in a short stubby ponytail. If the inversion method works for me and I keep it up, then I will definitely hit SL.

I still have some damage to snip off. Most of the damage left is at the front so I may be able to snip them off myself. That said, I do plan to bleach and color my hair so a trim definitely seems on schedule in the middle of the year.

Good luck! Hitting ponytail length is great!

6 Months will definitly be trim-free for me, because I want to grow my hair longer. My last trim was only 9 days ago. I'm growing out layers (in a bob) and last time my hairdresser took off 1 inch just to get less difference between the longest length and the layers. It's now at jaw length and my ultimate goal is to grow it at WL. A little trim every 6 months will be enough to keep my hair healty during growing. I hope I will reach SL in november, so I have to wait al little more longer after 6 months.

Welcome! I agree, 6 months tends to make for a good compromise between length and hemline

All good here as well, I found a new cut method that I am excited to try and it will take a lot of time for me to grow out my current haircut. I just keep thinking that I can take off an inch June 30th without even touching my length *I probably wont end up touching my length for about a year, a year and a half

Glad to hear all is well :)

Nellon
January 31st, 2016, 02:35 AM
May I join? I cut my hair around the beginning of dec, and I'd like to go until the beginning of June before trimming/cutting. Not sure if I'll make it due to the evil bleach (sorry hair, no more, I promise!) but I want to try :)

khryz
January 31st, 2016, 02:41 AM
May I join? I cut my hair around the beginning of dec, and I'd like to go until the beginning of June before trimming/cutting. Not sure if I'll make it due to the evil bleach (sorry hair, no more, I promise!) but I want to try :)

Yay join in!

Laurie3030
January 31st, 2016, 04:47 AM
Hey, guys ^.^
im going to be trimm free the next 6 months because I want nice hair when I finish school :3

Im circa 4 months I'll reach APL.

velvet orchid
January 31st, 2016, 02:24 PM
I love this thread and I'm loving the questions. I plan not to trim till at least the end of July, but hopefully much longer depending on how damaged my ends are by then, I don't think my hair has ever gone that long without a trim :hmm:

Are you planning on trimming or maybe continuing non trimming? I plan to continue non trimming and only S&D when needed

Do you have a length or thickness goal, maybe even a style goal? I'm hoping for longer and thicker hair that is hopefully creeping to BSL

what is your hair care routine? at the moment I Shampoo and condition once to twice a week with sulphate and silicone free products and then oil and moisturise daily

What is your ultimate goal? at least waist length, probably longer

What do you struggle with? remembering to deep condition every week

What helps you stay motivated so you don't give in to the urge to trim? all of you guys!! just seeing pictures of all the beautiful long hair and updos it allows makes me want it long again