PDA

View Full Version : Hi there from Texas!

Theophany
July 7th, 2015, 10:39 AM
Hi, I've watched the long hair community for years but never joined since I've always gotten bored & cut or changed my hair style too much to have consistently long hair. Plus I have fine, thin hair & hairstylists always told me that with fine, thin hair you need to keep it shorter so it looks fuller. Anyways I really like this forum & finally joined since I am rebelling & am currently at armpit length. Hoping to be tailbone length asap! Also going to start henna & drop the chemical hair coloring & just take better care of my hair.

missrandie
July 7th, 2015, 10:49 AM
Welcome from a fellow Texan! And a fellow finey :)

There's lots of great info on here, so jump right in!

Theophany
July 7th, 2015, 10:59 AM
Hi there. :D Since you're fine haired & live in Texas as well have you had any luck with conditioner only washing? It seems to make my hair very soft but also very weighed down.

lapushka
July 7th, 2015, 11:00 AM
Welcome! :)

Theophany
July 7th, 2015, 11:11 AM
Hi there Lapushka. Just so ya know in my years of silently watching the forum I've read a lot of your posts. They're very informative! ;)

missrandie
July 7th, 2015, 11:12 AM
Actually, the CO washing isn't something I have ever tried with great result. I'm a standard shampoo the scalp gal, and I lightly condition the ends. Then again, right now I have chin/jaw length hair, so it's easy for me to overdo anything.

Even back in Nebraska I had no luck with CO washing, but it could have been my conditioner.

Wildcat Diva is another of our Texans, and she CO washes her hair all the time and has beautiful curls.

Whereabouts in Texas are you? I'm in San Antonio.

Arctic
July 7th, 2015, 11:14 AM
Welcome! You'll learn to see the beauty in every hairtype here, I bet yours is very pretty!

Theophany
July 7th, 2015, 11:45 AM
See that's what I usually do but I've been trying to be a little nicer to my hair. I think I'll just wear it up on days I cowash.

I am in East Texas. Coke to be a exact. Major metropolis. Not lol

-Fern
July 7th, 2015, 04:23 PM
:waving: Welcome from another Texan! This humidity has been a little maddening. The Rinse-Out Oil (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=129191) method has done a LOT to help calm my frizz, but since your hair is finer than mine, you might have to use a much lighter oil.

gthlvrmx
July 7th, 2015, 07:42 PM
Welcome! Thin hair can look beautiful too, it's not just thick hair that can be beautiful :)

Theophany
July 7th, 2015, 08:55 PM
Hi all & thanks for the support! I don't know if I titled my 1st post correctly since I was trying to make an introductory post. Agghh! :rolleyes:

DeadlyUnicorn
July 7th, 2015, 11:02 PM
Welcome :) I lived in Texas for about 10 years. I really loved it while I was there. We were in the dfw area

Wusel
July 8th, 2015, 04:03 AM
Howdy!
My ancestors are from Texas and there are many people with my surname in Texas, especially near San Antonio!
A big WELCOME from Wusel!
:)
:blossom::blossom::blossom::blossom::blossom::blos som::blossom:

Theophany
July 9th, 2015, 09:12 PM
:waving: Welcome from another Texan! This humidity has been a little maddening. The Rinse-Out Oil (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=129191) method has done a LOT to help calm my frizz, but since your hair is finer than mine, you might have to use a much lighter oil.

Hi Fern which part of Texas you from?? 😊 I'm new so is the rinse out oil method where you oil & then rinse out before you shampoo? Unlike how most people do it before bed?

Theophany
July 9th, 2015, 09:16 PM
Welcome! You'll learn to see the beauty in every hairtype here, I bet yours is very pretty! I try to look on the bright side. Even though my hair isn't thick it is naturally shiny, not heavy (see :Texas)😜 & people say it has a pretty coppery tone in the sunlight. & I really like your signature btw it's really cute! Thanks for the welcome

Theophany
July 9th, 2015, 09:17 PM
Welcome! Thin hair can look beautiful too, it's not just thick hair that can be beautiful :) Thanks for the encouragement. & the welcome, hope you are having a good day!

Theophany
July 9th, 2015, 09:52 PM
Welcome :) I lived in Texas for about 10 years. I really loved it while I was there. We were in the dfw area Hi I live about 1:30 mins from DFW, went to college in Waxahachie & have siblings in DFW. �� How do you like Montana?

Theophany
July 9th, 2015, 09:56 PM
Hi Wusel & thanks for the welcome. Oh really? I bet I know some of your family then! & my sis lives in the San Antonio area. Hope you're having a good night :D