PDA

View Full Version : Herbatint?

Kimbearly
March 20th, 2008, 05:18 PM
Hello, I was looking into herbatint for hair coloring. Has anyone ever used this before? I would love to try Henna, but kind of scared on what to do. My hair is a reddish brown, and I am scared I would get bright orange or something. I thought that the Herbatint would be the next best thing to try.

aprilmay
March 20th, 2008, 05:20 PM
I haven't heard of it. Do you have more info?

mira-chan
March 20th, 2008, 05:21 PM
My mother uses this one and likes it the best of the non-henna hair dyes.

prosperina
March 20th, 2008, 05:26 PM
I read the ingredients the other day while in the health food store, and I wasn't impressed. Still has PPD in it I think. Not certain, but I'm fairly sure. You could always just experiment with herbal rinses or with teas....Did you read Nightshade's article about that?

Kimbearly
March 20th, 2008, 05:31 PM
I will look into Nightshade's article. I am very tired of using chemical processing and want to go all natural. I have some grays on top, so looking for something to cover them nicely. Not looking to go all natural with the gray look yet though.

aprilmay
March 20th, 2008, 05:33 PM
I am curious about natural colorants also. I have heard mention of clove, coffee, walnut shells, but I am brunette. I would be curious to hear more.

prosperina
March 20th, 2008, 05:38 PM
aprilmay Scroll up to the top menu. Look for articles. Click on it. Read the ones under natural hair care. :flower: By the way, welcome kimbearly! (and you too, april, but I think you've been here awhile.)

Kimbearly
March 20th, 2008, 05:43 PM
Thanks for the welcome. I usually post on the HB board, and forgot all about the one here. This one is fantastic since there are many more posts. Glad I found it again :joy:

lynnala
March 20th, 2008, 06:50 PM
I used herbatint for years and was very happy with it. When my hair was brown I used the shades with some red in them, then used the blondes to ease into my hair turning white. Never seemed to damage my hair, made it soft, looked natural, nice smell, and they have a conditioner that comes with the package that I liked a lot. And I found the colors to be pretty true to the samples.