PDA

View Full Version : Found a spiral curl shed hair :)

missrandie
July 5th, 2015, 01:29 PM
I have 1b hair, so finding a different texture in there always makes me chuckle.

The shed hair was around 6.5 inches long, but had so much curl that it made a revolution and a half and was "shrunken" down to around 3 inches.

I know it is silly, but hairs like that make me smile :)

Do you ever get wild hairs like that?

meteor
July 5th, 2015, 01:33 PM
Yes, I do, sometimes. :D And it's quite normal! They are usually thicker/wirier than others. :)

Wildcat Diva
July 5th, 2015, 01:36 PM
Yes, I got one which looked like the spring around the guts of a ball point pen if you know what I mean. I was pretty amazed.

Hairkay
July 5th, 2015, 01:42 PM
That happens, as super curly sometimes I'd find the odd hair that is wavy rather than my usual spirals/corkscrews. In my case they're thinner than my medium hairs.

lapushka
July 5th, 2015, 03:57 PM
Somewhere in the back I have a thick dark coarse black hair with 4a type coils. When S&D'ing a few years ago, we ran across it several times, my mom & me. It's on my left side, straight in the back, middle of my head somewhere. I have a tiny bump in my head right at it, which makes it easier to find.

wilderwein
July 5th, 2015, 04:11 PM
When I had all of my length in my natural hair color I remember finding BLACK COARSE hair strands on my dark blonde hair, or platinum/golden ones. And I was like "wow do I really have those colors/textures too in my hair?"

Sarahlabyrinth
July 5th, 2015, 04:55 PM
Yes, I got one which looked like the spring around the guts of a ball point pen if you know what I mean. I was pretty amazed.

I found one like this once too, it totally amazed me that my scalp could produce anything like that. Cute, though :)