PDA

View Full Version : suddenly shedding

flickm
July 5th, 2015, 04:24 AM
Since i started being careful with my hair, I've lost one or two hairs if that during my once a day comb, and seen virtually nothing on my clothes. Suddenly today a whole lot came out when i combed (well, not masses, but significantly more than usual). Now, before i joined this board, i never even noticed and just took for granted that my brush would be full of shed hair, and I would need to brush my coat before wearing. So is this sudden shed normal, accumulative? I hate that i've got paranoid since becoming so aware of hair care.

Wusel
July 5th, 2015, 04:27 AM
It's normal. Don't worry. It's the same for me. Sometimes I barely loose 10 hairs in the morning and 10 during the day and then suddenly 100 come out in the morning. OMO up to 100, sometimes even a bit more, is normal.

Aderyn
July 5th, 2015, 04:33 AM
I wouldn't worry about it. If you notice a persistent increase in shedding over a long period of time, that is worrisome, but not this. Shedding 50-100 hairs a day is normal.

lapushka
July 5th, 2015, 05:05 AM
My hair was just washed and a whole clump came out from just washing - I am on my "spring" shed. Normally this happens in March, but it didn't this year. So I guess - this is it! It's perfectly normal. Maybe it's the weather as well. We're going through a heat wave in Belgium. So... I think nothing of it, personally. :)

flickm
July 5th, 2015, 05:06 AM
Phew, thanks everyone - I'm being neurotic :(

Wusel
July 5th, 2015, 05:33 AM
My hair was just washed and a whole clump came out from just washing - I am on my "spring" shed. Normally this happens in March, but it didn't this year. So I guess - this is it! It's perfectly normal. Maybe it's the weather as well. We're going through a heat wave in Belgium. So... I think nothing of it, personally. :)

Yes... same here. 33°C. I've bought an air conditioner for my apartment because my son can't sleep and suffers from the heat so much... 229 Euros lost because of weather...:doh:

But my hair grows like weeds. Another half centimeter in 4 days. And after the huge spring shed it slowed down shedding a bit.

flickm
July 5th, 2015, 09:02 AM
Yes... same here. 33°C. I've bought an air conditioner for my apartment because my son can't sleep and suffers from the heat so much... 229 Euros lost because of weather...:doh:

But my hair grows like weeds. Another half centimeter in 4 days. And after the huge spring shed it slowed down shedding a bit.

[/QUOTE_lapushka] My hair was just washed and a whole clump came out from just washing - I am on my "spring" shed. Normally this happens in March, but it didn't this year. So I guess - this is it! It's perfectly normal. Maybe it's the weather as well. We're going through a heat wave in Belgium. So... I think nothing of it, personally.[/QUOTE]

That's it both of you, of course. Europe has had a late summer, only just now turned hot. I'm so stupid - I should have thought of that! (sorry, stuffed up the quotes)

Silverbrumby
July 5th, 2015, 12:12 PM
I lose 20 to 40 in the morning then 100 wash day. But if i dont lose many for days then i can get what i call a catch up shed. The only time i really pay attention is if i let my scalp get dirty or in need of a wash. If that happens then i get inflammation which leads to a hair loss shed.

LongCurlyTress
July 5th, 2015, 01:16 PM

I just trimmed off an inch or so from my hemline yesterday thinking that my increased shedding was due to excessive tangling. I also switched to a humoungous Conair comb for detangling in the shower and lost a significantly smaller amount of hairs today. I think the trim helped with the tangling and hence, lost fewer hairs. I also used a huge palmful of conditioner in the shower when detangling. Hope this continues! :rolleyes:

vpatt
July 5th, 2015, 01:35 PM
I agree.....unless it goes on for an extended time I wouldn't worry. And maybe it is from the late summer. I haven't been growing out long enough to notice growth spurts or shedding to be seasonal. I think with short hair I just didn't think about it.

flickm
July 6th, 2015, 02:03 AM
Thanks again all. I noticed it again today, plus I'm seeing the odd one or two hairs on my clothes. i think it must be the weather. It has been a cold and wet start to summer, then suddenly we had soaring temperatures last week.

Wusel
July 6th, 2015, 02:27 AM
Thanks again all. I noticed it again today, plus I'm seeing the odd one or two hairs on my clothes. i think it must be the weather. It has been a cold and wet start to summer, then suddenly we had soaring temperatures last week.

Believe me, it's the weather.
I'm 150% sure that's the culprit. It'll slow down after 6-8 weeks. My experience.
DON'T WORRY about this, please and take it easy because too many worries can make your hair fall out too. :)

flickm
July 6th, 2015, 03:10 AM
Believe me, it's the weather.
I'm 150% sure that's the culprit. It'll slow down after 6-8 weeks. My experience.
DON'T WORRY about this, please and take it easy because too many worries can make your hair fall out too. :)

Don't worry, i'm not stressing THAT much :) I used to lose loads and still had abundantly thick hair - I guess i worry a bit more because of having had a lot of loss through sleep deprivation and stress. I was very casual about my hair before that. It's become my latest obsession!

Wusel
July 6th, 2015, 03:43 AM
Don't worry, i'm not stressing THAT much :) I used to lose loads and still had abundantly thick hair - I guess i worry a bit more because of having had a lot of loss through sleep deprivation and stress. I was very casual about my hair before that. It's become my latest obsession!

Latest obsession... :D SAME HERE! :D

flickm
July 6th, 2015, 04:34 AM
Latest obsession... :D SAME HERE! :D

In fact, i wonder how my hair managed to grow all these years without me watching every follicle ;)