PDA

View Full Version : Post pics of your CHEMICALLY TREATED HAIR! ☆★☆ (ノ゚ο゚)ノミ★゜・。。・゜゜・

Alien Girl
July 4th, 2015, 09:21 PM
NOTE: This thread is NOT for hennaed hair, naturally treated hair, or hair that looks obviously natural!! On the LHC forum there are hardly any individuals who indulge in bleaching and doing crazy things with their hair and I've decided that this thread should only showcase those that do so, without mixing it along with people who just box-dye their hair natural colors. This is just to clear up any confusion and help the thread stay on topic. You may post pictures of naturally looking hair ONLY if you post your story of HOW it's chemically altered (since it's hard to tell if it looks normal.) Thank you!

Hi everyone!! I see threads for posting pics of certain hair types/colors/styles, but none specifically for chemically colored and treated (bleached/ dyed) hair! :cool:
I strongly believe it's possible to maintain colorful/treated hair and still have it looking and feeling nice!
I'm also very curious at how the ladies (and men) here maintain their playful hair and hope to see updates from time to time!
I know I will be exploring more colors and will come here to post updates too~

Anyways, here's my hair! Styled WITHOUT heat!
Below, I'll put steps that explain how my hair ended up like this... It was an accident ;)

http://i.imgur.com/VUcgI19.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/HBJJ06F.png

How I achieved this hair:
I started off with dyed medium brown hair. I saturated my hair in coconut oil and left it in for 3 hours. I proceeded to bleach my hair (with the coconut oil still in my hair) with 30vol developer and 1 packet of Ardell red+gold color corrector. I dried then spot-bleached parts that looked too dark with 10vol developer. I then toned with white/platinum ashe blonde toner and 20vol developer with another packet of Ardell color corrector. My hair was a medium blonde/brown at this point but still had a slight orange tinge. After my hair dried, I took a leap and put semi-permanent purple hair dye ALL over and let it soak for at least 2 hours. After I rinsed, I ended up with peachy blonde/brown on top and pink ends! VERY subtle ombre which I did not expect at all.

I love the color and I love that the coconut oil kept my hair is very good condition.
My hair has been japanese straightened in October 2014 and dyed twice with box dye since.
My hair does not break very easily, only when twisted around my fingers like floss then ripped apart.
I also do not get split ends and I never have before!

OKIE LADIES I WANT TO SEE YOUR HAIR!!!! POST AWAY~!!!

pastina
July 4th, 2015, 09:38 PM
^it looks lovely!

hmm. i guess i should post pictures, too. these are the colors i have now. this was directly after a blow-dry, so it's a little fluffy looking, don't mind the silly expression and pjs, lol!!:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/virgin4sale/Photo%20on%206-19-15%20at%2010.29%20PM%202_zps7zr8f6cs.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/virgin4sale/1538926_392169960968864_5126882580028932677_n_zpsg p8ajlcq.jpg

eta-- i won't get into the whole process, but it's parted down the middle, dyed half deep-purpley red, half insanely bright firey red, and the front is lemon yellow with a bit of orange. here's an in-progress picture that might give you a better idea of what i mean:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/virgin4sale/11212137_392129324306261_8088294676398345521_o_zps rk6uyweb.jpg

Alien Girl
July 4th, 2015, 09:51 PM
Pretty! I've always wanted to try half-dyed hair :p Do you dye your hair yourself?

Also, here are some pics of my PAST hair.. It looks nice, but it was in HORRIBLE condition. This was in 2012:

Before:
http://puu.sh/iNyyC/65ff899ecf.jpg

After:
http://puu.sh/iNyuR/644783768a.jpghttp://puu.sh/iNyvG/d578aa62f6.jpghttp://puu.sh/iNywh/e67e9be1cc.jpg

Sarahlabyrinth
July 4th, 2015, 09:51 PM
Well, I took this one yesterday! My hair is dyed (box dye - always roots only) and kept in good condition with coconut oil and mineral oil.

I am transitioning myself away from the dye, but certainly 90% of the hair seen here has dye on it.

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh582/Sarahlabyrinth/DSCF3268.jpg

pastina
July 4th, 2015, 09:54 PM
alien girl- i do it all myself :) i love that light pinkish purple- the second to last picture!!

sarahlabyrinth, your hair is so pretty, omg!

ravenreed
July 4th, 2015, 10:32 PM
RV Elumen over my dark brown hair. I love this dye! There is absolutely no damage, even though I do heat set it. It looks a little lighter and a lot more purple IRL. http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y139/ravenreed/2014-08-10%2016.55.25.jpg

Sarahlabyrinth
July 4th, 2015, 10:48 PM
alien girl- i do it all myself :) i love that light pinkish purple- the second to last picture!!

sarahlabyrinth, your hair is so pretty, omg!

Thanks. I'm loving all the amazing hair colours on this thread! :)

Nadine <3
July 4th, 2015, 10:58 PM
Can I just say...Pastina your hair always awes me! I love how colorful and fluffy it looks in the first picture :)

I have never had dyed hair, I'm just gawking and admiring!

-Fern
July 5th, 2015, 08:36 AM
:thudpile:
Love your soft, playful pink, Alien Girl, and the shiny brilliance of SarahLabryinth's hair, and the subtle charm of ravenreed's... And pastina, your hair is always marvelous... you have an awesome sense of aesthetics--I never would have thought to do the sectioning like that, and it blends so beautifully on you!

:applause
Gorgeous, everyone!!

Where'd that member go with the stunning white hair? I want to swoon over more of her pictures, too! :lol:

Wusel
July 5th, 2015, 08:48 AM
Wow...
I like my color and it's virgin since I was born but I love seeing colorful hair on other people. WOW!!! :)

*ReiKa*
July 5th, 2015, 08:59 AM
I really envy your hair, girls.... I'm bored with my natural brown hair and wish to just do something to it, not necessarily bleaching it all and coloring it purple, but just something that would make it a little more interesting and less plain simple (I don't know, some highlights or some balayage maybe)... but I am too scared to see damage and regret it (I'm terrible with dealing with remorse...).

Robot Ninja
July 5th, 2015, 09:35 AM
Pastina, I've always wondered, do you bleach, or is your hair naturally light-colored?

*ReiKa*, you can use semis over unbleached hair. You won't get bright colors, but you'll get definite highlights, especially in the sun, and no damage.

My hair is chemically dyed from about the shoulders down. I'm growing it out and just using semis now. There are pics in my album.

Babyfine
July 5th, 2015, 09:56 AM
The only picture I have is my Avatar Picture which was taken summer of 2008 however my hair is now close to the same length and color. I have my hair colored in the salon With a demi=perm every 2-3 months or so to cover grays. I've been doing this since 2006. prior to that I had blonde highlights but my hair was much more damaged then, although I hadn't been on the forums and did not know as much about hair care.
My hair is babyfine and very fragile but it is in very good shape, as my stylist has told me, I used heat very rarely and wear it up a lot.
I did put in "peek-a-boo" highlights last year but have colored over them. I am considering them again.
My goal length is only MBL, if I was looking for longer hair I probably wouldn't be able to color and grow at the same time.
My hair falls apart after it's been bleached.

Babyfine
July 5th, 2015, 09:58 AM
The only picture I have is my Avatar Picture which was taken summer of 2008 however my hair is now close to the same length and color. I have my hair colored in the salon With a demi=perm every 2-3 months or so to cover grays. I've been doing this since 2006. prior to that I had blonde highlights but my hair was much more damaged then, although I hadn't been on the forums and did not know as much about hair care.
My hair is babyfine and very fragile but it is in very good shape, as my stylist has told me, I use heat very rarely and wear it up a lot.
I did put in "peek-a-boo" highlights last year but have colored over them. I am considering them again.
My goal length is only MBL, if I was looking for longer hair I probably wouldn't be able to color and grow at the same time.
My hair falls apart after it's been bleached.

*ReiKa*
July 5th, 2015, 09:59 AM
*ReiKa*, you can use semis over unbleached hair. You won't get bright colors, but you'll get definite highlights, especially in the sun, and no damage.

Already tried, but the result is so subtle and it washes away so quickly, it's just not worth it..

Night_Kitten
July 5th, 2015, 12:10 PM
If you like a red undertone and red "sparks" while in the sun you could try henna - it's quite permanent (VERY permanent in fact, so you need to be sure you can live with the results before you take the plunge...)

*ReiKa*
July 5th, 2015, 12:57 PM
No, I wouldn't like red tones, but a more lighter caramel color...
There's not much options for it, just bleaching.

vpatt
July 5th, 2015, 01:21 PM
I love all the pics.......looks like so much fun! I used to color a bit and bleached my hair for quite a while. But now I am playing with color by letting my gray grow. The bleach has been grown out for about three years. I hope it will look good as it gets longer.

Keep having fun!

Aderyn
July 5th, 2015, 03:46 PM
Such pretty, fun colors!

Reika, you could try cassia, I believe, for golden tones as opposed to the red tones from henna.

pastina
July 5th, 2015, 03:52 PM
RobotNinja- My hair is naturally a medium brown. I do bleach baths :)

*ReiKa*
July 5th, 2015, 04:33 PM
Reika, you could try cassia, I believe, for golden tones as opposed to the red tones from henna.

I already use cassia, but it only makes my hair shinier, no changes in color.

surruh
July 5th, 2015, 04:50 PM
I'll be watching this thread. I'm currently growing out bad damage from bleach, trying to get my hair all virgin and healthy. My hair is so fine and thin I'm not sure that I could ever grow it long while dyeing, which makes me a little sad because I looove unnatural coloured hair. I wonder if any deposit only dyes would even show up on my virgin hair... But if I ever decide to cut, I'd for sure bleach and go for pastel hair!

lilin
July 5th, 2015, 05:15 PM
Wow...
I like my color and it's virgin since I was born but I love seeing colorful hair on other people. WOW!!! :)

Right? :D I have tried cool colors, and although I love it others, I don't like it on myself for some reason. I like how it looks, but I don't feel right.

So if I want crazy colors, I just wear a wig. :D I love wigs. But I'm loving all these pics too!

hinabelle
July 5th, 2015, 07:24 PM
As someone who also loves dyed hair on others but it just isn't right for myself, I love this thread
already and will love to watch it progress :D

Wusel
July 6th, 2015, 02:42 AM
Right? :D I have tried cool colors, and although I love it others, I don't like it on myself for some reason. I like how it looks, but I don't feel right.

So if I want crazy colors, I just wear a wig. :D I love wigs. But I'm loving all these pics too!

ME TOO!!! ME TOO!!! I have a strawberry blonde wig. Short cut with side swept bangs. :) Looks extremely real and natural because I've invested much money in it. But sadly, now that my hair is getting longer and longer it's too small and I need a bigger size. I think I'll donate it. :)

Teufelchen
July 6th, 2015, 02:48 AM
I switch between Elumen Hair Dye and Henndigo, but before finding LHC I used store bought box dye and dyed the full length each time.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=18040&d=1436171232
The waves are from a bun I wore all day and are just combed.

Alien Girl
July 6th, 2015, 04:56 AM
Thanks for the compliments, all!!!

Also for you ladies who are not sure about treating their hair chemically... It's not THAT damaging to go a tiny bit lighter.
For me, going from black to a dark brown was a lovely change! No need to change my eyebrow color or anything ! and roots were SOOO subtle that it just looked ombre. You can also do the coconut oil trick for box dyes too, I believe. In my second post showing my hair BEFORE pastel, you can see it was dyed a medium brown with a lot of black root. My hair was extremely healthy then!

Your hair is hair. It will grow, and you can treat it very well with oils and conditioners and keep it healthy while exploring colors. A dark brown is hardly any damage if done properly :) !

Aderyn
July 6th, 2015, 05:03 AM
Well, if people want to dye their hair, nothing wrong with that. There are certainly ways to minimize damage and hair is really quite strong.

But there is a difference between actually "healthy" hair (which is a weird thought since hair is dead to begin with..) and hair that looks/feels healthy (oftentimes accomplished with the use of silicones + heat). I don't know which one(s) you fell into, but just my 2 cents.

Robot Ninja
July 6th, 2015, 07:26 AM
Well, if people want to dye their hair, nothing wrong with that. There are certainly ways to minimize damage and hair is really quite strong.

But there is a difference between actually "healthy" hair (which is a weird thought since hair is dead to begin with..) and hair that looks/feels healthy (oftentimes accomplished with the use of silicones + heat). I don't know which one(s) you fell into, but just my 2 cents.

My hair looks okay, and I don't use silicones or heat. :shrug: Some people's hair is more resilient. Of course there is always some damage if you use chemical dyes, but if you're not planning on growing to extreme lengths, it may be acceptable to you.

YvetteVarie
July 6th, 2015, 08:28 AM
OP I wanted to ask, can chemical treatment also refer to chemically straightened hair?

lilin
July 6th, 2015, 08:42 AM
ME TOO!!! ME TOO!!! I have a strawberry blonde wig. Short cut with side swept bangs. :) Looks extremely real and natural because I've invested much money in it. But sadly, now that my hair is getting longer and longer it's too small and I need a bigger size. I think I'll donate it. :)

Oooh! Very chic. Hmm, maybe there's some way to do your hair so it lays flatter? Bobby pinning sections? It's a shame when we outgrow much beloved hair toys (who says wigs can't be hair toys?).

Personally, I opt for totally unnatural colors. The one time I dyed it, I went pink. Never been that interested in going to a different natural color (and most don't look good on my anyway -- I'm very Mediterranean looking, so I can really only go darker if I want a natural look). I just got a turquoise wig to wear to an event and I'm so excited for it! It should be arriving shortly.

missblueeyes
July 6th, 2015, 08:49 AM
Here's my hair after I bleached it for the last time in June 2014. Love the white-blonde but unfortunately it turned yellow really quickly. I kinda miss it, to be honest.. but what I don't miss is the upkeep!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-0qhu2xh9Ctk/U7GDw1fDKrI/AAAAAAAABmQ/dqvE4l3wwls/s1600/selfie.png

This is what it looked like after only 2 weeks. I used Directions purple with every wash...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-d0E8f1hWG-I/U8f-4ux94UI/AAAAAAAABuI/0KkmOiEdq3Q/s1600/5.png

DreamSheep
July 6th, 2015, 09:03 AM
OP I wanted to ask, can chemical treatment also refer to chemically straightened hair?

I'm not OP but I think it would as it affects the structure of the hair. :)

I'll be here gawking at lovely hair.
Mine has semipermanent on the ends (which I am currently trying to fade a little for Summer... and not really succeeding :p), but I don't think it counts as chemically treated as I haven't bleached beforehand, and theoretically semipermanent should wash out (but starting to doubt that)

Also, loving everyone's hair! :) It does make me wonder what it would be like if I did take a more permanent plunge down the bleaching route or with permanent oxidative colours such as Kendra or Elumen.

ETA: Gorgeous missblueeyes!!
I was really hoping you'd appear in this thread ^_^

Alien Girl
July 6th, 2015, 06:32 PM

But there is a difference between actually "healthy" hair (which is a weird thought since hair is dead to begin with..) and hair that looks/feels healthy (oftentimes accomplished with the use of silicones + heat). I don't know which one(s) you fell into, but just my 2 cents.Wait, I don't understand what you're trying to say?
Treated hair can look and feel healthy, which can translate to it still being in a pretty healthy state. IMO "healthy" hair is hair that feels and look good, it doesn't have to be virgin hair (and not all virgin hair is healthy!)

I was more referring to colored hair, but you can still post if you want to. :P

Aderyn
July 6th, 2015, 06:39 PM
Wait, I don't understand what you're trying to say?
Treated hair can look and feel healthy, which can translate to it still being in a pretty healthy state. IMO "healthy" hair is hair that feels and look good, it doesn't have to be virgin hair (and not all virgin hair is healthy!)

Hair that looks and feels healthy isn't necessarily healthy, though. Silicones and heat, for instance, can mask a lot of the damage and give the appearance of healthy hair, but the actual hair strand itself is not in good condition.

Alien Girl
July 6th, 2015, 06:39 PM
Here's my hair after I bleached it for the last time in June 2014. Love the white-blonde but unfortunately it turned yellow really quickly. I kinda miss it, to be honest.. but what I don't miss is the upkeep!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-0qhu2xh9Ctk/U7GDw1fDKrI/AAAAAAAABmQ/dqvE4l3wwls/s1600/selfie.png

This is what it looked like after only 2 weeks. I used Directions purple with every wash...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-d0E8f1hWG-I/U8f-4ux94UI/AAAAAAAABuI/0KkmOiEdq3Q/s1600/5.png

Love the color! I wonder why hair always wants to turn brassy/yellow :( ... Did you try using purple shampoo?
My hair currently keeps trying to turn orange and I've mixed a bit of purple dye with my conditioner which helps maintain the peachy pink :P

Alien Girl
July 6th, 2015, 06:41 PM
Hair that looks and feels healthy isn't necessarily healthy, though. Silicones and heat, for instance, can mask a lot of the damage and give the appearance of healthy hair, but the actual hair strand itself is not in good condition.

But there's nothing wrong with that. If hair looks and feels good, then I don't think someone would really care how actually damaged the hair is.
I KNOW my hair is weaker due to me using chemicals on it, but I'm gentle with it and experience almost no breakage and my hair feels softer than it's ever been. I'm satisfied with that and also the fact that I can be free to play with my hair and express myself through colors :)

Edit: Also, I don't see why it's such a big deal. There's no reward for someone having virgin, healthy hair.

Aderyn
July 6th, 2015, 06:44 PM
But there's nothing wrong with that. If hair looks and feels good, then I don't think someone would really care how actually damaged the hair is.
I KNOW my hair is weaker due to me using chemicals on it, but I'm gentle with it and experience almost no breakage and my hair feels softer than it's ever been. I'm satisfied with that and also the fact that I can be free to play with my hair and express myself through colors :)

Of course! There's nothing wrong with silicones, the fact that they can mask and prevent further damage (especially for those who do a lot of chemical processes on the hair) is a godsend. :)

I was just referring to the actual hair shaft examined under a microscope. :p

Alien Girl
July 6th, 2015, 06:52 PM
Of course! There's nothing wrong with silicones, the fact that they can mask and prevent further damage (especially for those who do a lot of chemical processes on the hair) is a godsend. :)

I was just referring to the actual hair shaft examined under a microscope. :p

I see :)

missblueeyes
July 7th, 2015, 12:59 AM
Love the color! I wonder why hair always wants to turn brassy/yellow :( ... Did you try using purple shampoo?
My hair currently keeps trying to turn orange and I've mixed a bit of purple dye with my conditioner which helps maintain the peachy pink :P

Yeah, I tried that, but it didn't really help. In retrospect, I found out why mine turned so yellow. I had a spray leave-in, which I loved, that contained yellow pigments. :doh:

eira
July 7th, 2015, 02:50 AM
Okay, I realize this is a really bad picture, but I have no better at this moment. I will come back with something decent. :)

http://s4.postimg.org/mmamppfbx/IMG_20150611_172316_1.jpg

eira
July 7th, 2015, 02:52 AM
RV Elumen over my dark brown hair. I love this dye! There is absolutely no damage, even though I do heat set it. It looks a little lighter and a lot more purple IRL.

So shiny and beautiful! :o

numbernine
July 7th, 2015, 07:17 AM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=18048&d=1436274706
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=18047&d=1436274704
two pictures showing my purple ends
the rest of my hair is totally natural colour as I am letting my silver streaks show.

Alien Girl
July 8th, 2015, 12:34 AM
Yeah, I tried that, but it didn't really help. In retrospect, I found out why mine turned so yellow. I had a spray leave-in, which I loved, that contained yellow pigments. :doh:

Aw!So how is your hair now? Your avi shows blonde hair :)

Alien Girl
July 8th, 2015, 12:37 AM
I recently bought Olaplex and I'm SO excited to try it out!! It should be here around the 14th... I hope it comes sooner!! As soon as I get it, I'll be doing the coconut oil+bleaching but also using Olaplex. Will post results once that happens!

missblueeyes
July 8th, 2015, 03:38 AM
Aw!So how is your hair now? Your avi shows blonde hair :)

I'm growing it out. It has been a year now. :) I toned it down somewhat but it's still quite bright. Well, it doesn't really bother me too much anymore and it goes well with my natural haircolour. It behaves, but it's not comparable to my virgin hair, which is super smooth.

meteor
July 8th, 2015, 12:40 PM
Wow! :bowtome: Stunning hair, ladies! :thudpile:
Oh Boy! This whole thread is so incredibly enabling! :D
Must. Resist. The. Temptation! :lala: :meditate:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=18048&d=1436274706
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=18047&d=1436274704
two pictures showing my purple ends
the rest of my hair is totally natural colour as I am letting my silver streaks show.

Wow! Gorgeous! :applause Did you achieve this color with deposit-only, no bleach? Which product did you use? And how does it fade (if it fades)? :)

Lauraes
July 8th, 2015, 04:14 PM
I suppose I may as well join in. :p

My current blue hair (Splat Aqua Rush):
http://i.imgur.com/H6cNSRE.jpg

From the last time I had pink hair, fall 2014 (Splat Pink ******):
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h270/lauraes27/pinkhair2k14_zpslvhjv6nx.jpg

The blonde part of my hair is dyed with a perm color, while the unnatural colors were down with Splat which is deposit only; I didn't use the bleach that came in the kit.

meteor
July 8th, 2015, 04:20 PM
^ Ah, so amazing, Lauraes! :applause Such gorgeous colors! :D

AnqeIicDemise
July 8th, 2015, 09:32 PM
http://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-P_fy3XGgdcY/VZ3j8eZFraI/AAAAAAAAA6k/Q-6bOfhoUgw/s640/20150708_195633.jpg

Oh, its been treated.

The ends have been bleached at least three times since I rocked a dip dye look for about three-four years. I recently did the whole length about two months ago. It hasn't faded and just did a root touch up today. I'm pretty proud how healthy it is. When I first wanted to go this vibrant red a decade ago, I was scared. I was even more scared last year because I thought I wouldn't be able to cope and my hair would fall apart.

Turns out I know more about hair nowadays and I don't fear a chemical cut anymore because I've educated myself enough to know how to do these things.

MINAKO
July 8th, 2015, 11:56 PM
I would guess my hair counts as chemically treated as well... or thermally treated? Idk, but you know where to find me, lol. Aint got time to, dig for old pics right now and didnt really take new ones recently.

Alien Girl
July 10th, 2015, 01:44 PM
My olaplex came in the mail.... I KNEW something was up when it was only $27.. THIS KIT IS TINYY :mad: I already oiled my hair overnight. I have no idea if this is going to be enough for my thick hair. Wish me luck! Will post pics when done and dry!

missrandie
July 10th, 2015, 03:10 PM
Here ya go! At my most processed :)
https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t31.0-8/980314_10101602222691878_313607328_o.jpg?efg=eyJpI joidCJ9

The pink was just hair chalk, but it stayed for a few washings. I liked it so much that I had my hairdresser put in a pink streak in my bangs later.

meteor
July 10th, 2015, 03:20 PM
^ So beautiful, missrandie! :love:

My olaplex came in the mail.... I KNEW something was up when it was only $27.. THIS KIT IS TINYY :mad: I already oiled my hair overnight. I have no idea if this is going to be enough for my thick hair. Wish me luck! Will post pics when done and dry!

Oh no! :( What was the amount in ml / oz ?

cat11
July 10th, 2015, 03:24 PM

Your skin is so perfect! And you're hair looks good too :)

Alien Girl
July 10th, 2015, 05:03 PM
^ So beautiful, missrandie! :love:

Oh no! :( What was the amount in ml / oz ?

Step 1 was only half an OZ.. :steam I should've known because I bought it from Ebay but the seller didn't list the size or any information regarding amounts, so I thought I was going to get a bit more.
Step 2 was I think 1-2 OZ. I threw away the box and bottle so I'm not really sure D: But that was enough for my hair since it's not too long (albeit thick!)
I haven't used Step 3 yet :) Maybe next wash or if I tone my hair later this week.

I JUST finished showering after using Step 1+2 and doing the usual coconut oil bleach method :) Currently looks very yellowy and some spots are flat out platinum because I applied too close to the root too earlier during the application process D: But I may go to the beauty store and buy some very light ashe blonde dye and start working on my ombre roots. Either that or just tone my whole head and see if the platinum spots are still very noticeable.. I'll post pics once my hair is fully dry :)

P.S. My breakage is exactly the same as before I even started bleaching my hair. The olaplex has made my hair VERY soft however! And there is no stretching at all. So far so good!

meteor
July 10th, 2015, 05:23 PM
Step 1 was only half an OZ.. :steam I should've known because I bought it from Ebay but the seller didn't list the size or any information regarding amounts, so I thought I was going to get a bit more.
Step 2 was I think 1-2 OZ. I threw away the box and bottle so I'm not really sure D: But that was enough for my hair since it's not too long (albeit thick!)
I haven't used Step 3 yet :) Maybe next wash or if I tone my hair later this week.

I JUST finished showering after using Step 1+2 and doing the usual coconut oil bleach method :) Currently looks very yellowy and some spots are flat out platinum because I applied too close to the root too earlier during the application process D: But I may go to the beauty store and buy some very light ashe blonde dye and start working on my ombre roots. Either that or just tone my whole head and see if the platinum spots are still very noticeable.. I'll post pics once my hair is fully dry :)

P.S. My breakage is exactly the same as before I even started bleaching my hair. The olaplex has made my hair VERY soft however! And there is no stretching at all. So far so good!

^ So it's probably the one that's called "Olaplex Stand Alone Stylist Single Use Treatment Kit" (in tiny tubes) rather than "Olaplex Traveling Stylist Kit" (in small bottles).
Wow, 0.5 oz is like nothing! :agape:

But hey, soft hair and no stretchiness/gumminess sounds great for hair after multiple bleach treatments. :thumbsup: I really hope the condition will be maintained. :)
(So far, researching into Olaplex, I'm still not sure whether results last for a long time or not... :hmm: )

Aderyn
July 10th, 2015, 05:55 PM
I also wonder whether you got legitimate Olaplex, too. It seems like it is a stylist-only product? Regardless, still curious to see how it goes!

hypersensitive
July 10th, 2015, 08:19 PM
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f305/silverstardust/FB_IMG_1436370329732_zps5f45915f.jpg

Alien Girl
July 11th, 2015, 01:07 AM
^ Hi, thanks for posting! Can you please explain your "hair story" ? It's kind of hard to tell if someone has more natural hair (maybe I should make this thread more for the playful styles rather than just normal dyes :o )

^ So it's probably the one that's called "Olaplex Stand Alone Stylist Single Use Treatment Kit" (in tiny tubes) rather than "Olaplex Traveling Stylist Kit" (in small bottles).
Wow, 0.5 oz is like nothing! :agape:

But hey, soft hair and no stretchiness/gumminess sounds great for hair after multiple bleach treatments. :thumbsup: I really hope the condition will be maintained. :)
(So far, researching into Olaplex, I'm still not sure whether results last for a long time or not... :hmm: )
Yeah it was that one! And it was soooo tiny :( !!! But it worked out! I MIGHT invest in buying the $100 set bc the results are so worth it -_-

I also wonder whether you got legitimate Olaplex, too. It seems like it is a stylist-only product? Regardless, still curious to see how it goes!
Pretty sure I did :) Everything was also sealed very well and my results are great! I just wish it wasn't so darn expensive :(

Anyways here's the pics! My lighting is a BIT yellowy so it makes my hair seem even more yellow. It's more pinky-peach. :) Olaplex worked out GREAT!!
Not sure what to do next... Might want to stay this funky color for a few days and either 1)Use diluted purple dye over it as a toner, but the dye I have deposits very easily so I'll probably have more pink in my hair afterwards (but less yellow)
or 2) buy an actual toner and be ashe blonde and put color near the ends.... Decisions decisions!!

http://i.imgur.com/MsiF2gB.png

Wusel
July 11th, 2015, 02:23 AM

Edit: Also, I don't see why it's such a big deal. There's no reward for someone having virgin, healthy hair.

You have Asian hair. Asian hair is extremely strong and not easy to damage. :) It's the same with my best friend from South Korea. Her hair is SO strong, you can bleach, perm, straighten and blowdry it on one day and it's still healthy and shiny. :) Asian hair is really miraculous. :)
Mine is somehow partly asian because I look a bit Asian too, we have Asian ancestors somewhere. And I never had split ends. I was straightening and blowdrying it like crazy when I had the bob and not even one split hair.

numbernine
July 11th, 2015, 03:44 AM
Wow! :bowtome: Stunning hair, ladies! :thudpile:
Oh Boy! This whole thread is so incredibly enabling! :D
Must. Resist. The. Temptation! :lala: :meditate:

Wow! Gorgeous! :applause Did you achieve this color with deposit-only, no bleach? Which product did you use? And how does it fade (if it fades)? :)

thanks meteor
Its, pravana vivids violet
over hair that is lightened very slightly with Scott Cornwall decolour hair colour stripper.
which has no ammonia and very low peroxide level.
it lasts really well, it does gradually fade but it is still really violet just not so deep.
I re do the purple about every 8 or 9 weeks.

missblueeyes
July 11th, 2015, 05:52 AM
Your skin is so perfect! And you're hair looks good too :)

Aww, thanks! I'm wearing BB cream in that picture, though. :) I've been working really hard on my skin for the past year so your compliment really means a lot to me!

hypersensitive
July 11th, 2015, 01:08 PM
[QUOTE=Alien Girl;3044271]^ Hi, thanks for posting! Can you please explain your "hair story" ? It's kind of hard to tell if someone has more natural hair (maybe I should make this thread more for the playful styles rather than just normal dyes :o )

[/I QUOTE]
I should have posted my older color when it was purple. You guys can check it out in my photo album. Right now my color is a brown leaning toward berry shade. Cool colors are lots of fun. And lots of members here love purple.

Alien Girl
July 11th, 2015, 05:21 PM
You have Asian hair. Asian hair is extremely strong and not easy to damage. :) It's the same with my best friend from South Korea. Her hair is SO strong, you can bleach, perm, straighten and blowdry it on one day and it's still healthy and shiny. :) Asian hair is really miraculous. :)
Mine is somehow partly asian because I look a bit Asian too, we have Asian ancestors somewhere. And I never had split ends. I was straightening and blowdrying it like crazy when I had the bob and not even one split hair.

Not all asian hair is strong :) My sister has tons of split ends and she doesn't use heat or style it other than a ponytail. My cousin naturally has VERY thin hair.
I think it depends on the person. I luckily did get my mom's strong Korean hair but it still has weakened from chemical treatment. If I pull my hair apart it WILL break :/ I'm just very gentle with it and hardly experience breakage.

surruh
July 12th, 2015, 12:13 AM

Ah! This! I know that not all asian hair is the same, but man do I envy that hair type. A friend in Korea wears her hair down all the time, bleaches it, and still managed to grow to hip length. And we went to the bathhouse with her and her daughter.. They scrubbed their heads with shampoo, let it dry with no leave in or anything and it just looks perfect and healthy and shiny while I'm over there deep conditioning and gently finger combing and mine doesn't look nearly as nice!

Wusel
July 12th, 2015, 12:20 AM
Ah! This! I know that not all asian hair is the same, but man do I envy that hair type. A friend in Korea wears her hair down all the time, bleaches it, and still managed to grow to hip length. And we went to the bathhouse with her and her daughter.. They scrubbed their heads with shampoo, let it dry with no leave in or anything and it just looks perfect and healthy and shiny while I'm over there deep conditioning and gently finger combing and mine doesn't look nearly as nice!

SAME HERE! I envy this hair too.
The goal for my hair is to make it look like this.
Sometimes it works, when I do OCWCOLIOLIO :rolling::bounce::rolling:(Oil-Conditioner-Wash-Conditioner-Oil-LeaveIn-Oil-LeaveIn-Oil). And everything with tons of protein and cones. Takes a lot of time but afterwards I have Asian hair :) :gabigrin:

surruh
July 12th, 2015, 12:28 AM
SAME HERE! I envy this hair too.
The goal for my hair is to make it look like this.
Sometimes it works, when I do OCWCOLIOLIO :rolling::bounce::rolling:(Oil-Conditioner-Wash-Conditioner-Oil-LeaveIn-Oil-LeaveIn-Oil). And everything with tons of protein and cones. Takes a lot of time but afterwards I have Asian hair :) :gabigrin:
OCWCOLIOLIO, hahaha. Perfect.
I think my hair would only stand a chance if it was shiny from being freshly dyed dark.. And heat styled to death. Not gonna happen!!

Wusel
July 12th, 2015, 12:33 AM
Not all asian hair is strong :) My sister has tons of split ends and she doesn't use heat or style it other than a ponytail. My cousin naturally has VERY thin hair.
I think it depends on the person. I luckily did get my mom's strong Korean hair but it still has weakened from chemical treatment. If I pull my hair apart it WILL break :/ I'm just very gentle with it and hardly experience breakage.

I've never seen an Asian person with splits... Maybe your sister and cousin have European/German ancestors? :D From my experience the worst hair I've ever seen is in Germany. It's disgusting what some women here have on their heads. Even pixies are damaged, split and dry... And when I'm in the drugstore I'm always the ONLY person in the conditioner section...

missblueeyes
July 12th, 2015, 04:05 AM
Wow, rude. Can we please stop generalizing people like that, Wusel? Especially seeing as the ladies and gents on the German boards have gorgeous hair. I'm honestly offended.

Kiiruna
July 12th, 2015, 05:04 AM
I gotta agree with missblueeyes. Not all Asians have super strong hair - Asia is pretty big continent, if you take a look at a map. Just because someone happens to have few Korean friends with strong hair doesn't mean that every person with Asian ancestry has unbreakable hair.

KittyBird
July 12th, 2015, 05:18 AM
Wow, rude. Can we please stop generalizing people like that, Wusel? Especially seeing as the ladies and gents on the German boards have gorgeous hair. I'm honestly offended.
Agreed. I'm usually also the only person in the conditioner section. Does that mean that I'm the only person here who uses conditioner? Ever consider that other people buy their conditioner elsewhere, or maybe have a big stash of conditioner at home already? Seriously, this thread was meant for posting pictures of chemically treated hair, not for bashing European/German hair.

AnqeIicDemise
July 16th, 2015, 02:47 PM
Agreed. I'm usually also the only person in the conditioner section. Does that mean that I'm the only person here who uses conditioner? Ever consider that other people buy their conditioner elsewhere, or maybe have a big stash of conditioner at home already? Seriously, this thread was meant for posting pictures of chemically treated hair, not for bashing European/German hair.

I totally agree. I don't buy conditioner often, chiefly because when I do, I bulk up. I mean, I walk out with like 10-15 bottles of the stuff . I get weird looks.

There are a lot of factors to think of, from genetics, to the way we treat our hair, water condition, etc. Does someone else's less-than-stellar hair affect me? Nope. Sometimes I inwardly cringe but in the end, I let it go. Its not my head, and they can do whatever they want to to their own locks. They're not here to decorate my world, that's what Slayer is for. :P

Alien Girl
July 16th, 2015, 03:23 PM
I've never seen an Asian person with splits... Maybe your sister and cousin have European/German ancestors? :D From my experience the worst hair I've ever seen is in Germany. It's disgusting what some women here have on their heads. Even pixies are damaged, split and dry... And when I'm in the drugstore I'm always the ONLY person in the conditioner section...

My sister and I definitely have the same ancestry. I don't think having a certain trait means that someone has a specific ancestry. Having strong hair definitely does not mean someone has asian ancestry, it just means you have genetics which allow stronger hair and/or treat it in a way which keeps hair strong.

Anyways! I bleached AGAIN (for the 3rd time in about a month)two nights ago but didn't use coconut oil this time, only Olaplex. I had this very vibrant yellow blonde going on, but I toned it with Wella T18 and now it looks like (I just woke up and didn't brush hair before, please excuse!):

http://i.imgur.com/fOYlKYQ.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/jns5ix8.jpg

I underestimated how thick my hair was and ran out of toner even when using two bottles of it :/ so that's why there are slight yellow strips... Which I'm not happy with!
I used Olaplex in my toner as well. I LOVE IT SO MUCH! My hair feels pretty much the same as before bleaching. Only difference is it's just a lot softer when wet.

pastina
July 16th, 2015, 03:27 PM
o.O Oh gosh, that's a lot of processing in a short amount of time. Please keep us updated about how your hair condition is going forward. ---I say this because it doesn't matter how it feels NOW, what's important is how it feels in a few weeks. Damage can take a while to show up. I hope Olaplex lives up to the hype!

meteor
July 16th, 2015, 03:35 PM
^ That looks awesome, Alien Girl! :applause I see you are going blonder and blonder - almost Targaryen! ;)
Your hair is so wonderfully strong! :D

About German hair, well, suffice it to say that many of my hair idols (the incredible Haartraum (http://haartraumfrisuren.de/) or Singing Bird (http://hennajunkie.blogspot.de/), for example) happen to be German. ;) Oh and by the way, Wusel, there is also a wonderful German Long Hair Network (http://www.langhaarnetzwerk.de/phpBB3/) that has lots of great hair care tips and lots of inspiring, thud-worthy hair. :D

Alien Girl
July 16th, 2015, 04:02 PM
^ That looks awesome, Alien Girl! :applause I see you are going blonder and blonder - almost Targaryen! ;)
Your hair is so wonderfully strong! :D

About German hair, well, suffice it to say that many of my hair idols (the incredible Haartraum (http://haartraumfrisuren.de/) or Singing Bird (http://hennajunkie.blogspot.de/), for example) happen to be German. ;) Oh and by the way, Wusel, there is also a wonderful German Long Hair Network (http://www.langhaarnetzwerk.de/phpBB3/) that has lots of great hair care tips and lots of inspiring, thud-worthy hair. :D

Hehe thank you!! I MIGHT bleach once more but with a lower volume developer and Olaplex. I'll give it about a week though so my hair gets nice and greasy first LOL!

o.O Oh gosh, that's a lot of processing in a short amount of time. Please keep us updated about how your hair condition is going forward. ---I say this because it doesn't matter how it feels NOW, what's important is how it feels in a few weeks. Damage can take a while to show up. I hope Olaplex lives up to the hype!

Yep! Definitely scary but my hair feels so normal that I've been so tempted lately :P And definitely! Since going lighter, my uneven hair does look more noticeable so I'm going to do a self-trim (a veryyyy small one) to even out the ends. They've been uneven since about last summer from a bad hair cut -_-

And yessss, I've fallen in love with Olaplex! So expensive but sooo worth it :)

meteor
July 16th, 2015, 04:16 PM
^ I really agree with pastina about giving it long breaks to see how the hair is holding up in the long run, just to be on the safe side. ;) Some Olaplex users reported it worked at the beginning but results wore off over time... :hmm: Not to discourage you, of course... but you know: with bleach you can't be too careful. ;)

But those are awesome results, Alien Girl! :D Really incredible! :applause

Alien Girl
July 16th, 2015, 05:39 PM
^ I really agree with pastina about giving it long breaks to see how the hair is holding up in the long run, just to be on the safe side. ;) Some Olaplex users reported it worked at the beginning but results wore off over time... :hmm: Not to discourage you, of course... but you know: with bleach you can't be too careful. ;)

But those are awesome results, Alien Girl! :D Really incredible! :applause

Very true, bleach is still scary even with Olaplex :P I'm probably only going to tone it next time I get the urge to go lighter. I feel happy with the length I have and I want to gradually make it into a black to blonde ombre! Because I already have experienced upkeep of platinum hair years ago and it's the worst -_-

I don't think I will be putting oil in my hair as much as before since I'm scared of it being too sticky and me accidentally ripping out my own hair. I'll be using a lot of leave in conditioner (I just put conditioner with water in a spray bottle LOL) which I never used much before since I did oil treatments very often. My goal is to keep a conditioner barrier on my hair but keep things very light by avoiding oil! I'll probably only oil once a month or next time I bleach. :)

Hehe and thank you!! Many hours of breathing nasty fumes was worth it :joy:

AnqeIicDemise
July 16th, 2015, 07:54 PM
Yeah, I agree with the long term thing.

I've been lazy and wearing my hair down a lot. I'm going to have to cut back an inch or two. Mechanical damage on already fragile, bleached ends is no bueno

wilderwein
July 17th, 2015, 08:59 AM
Very true, bleach is still scary even with Olaplex :P I'm probably only going to tone it next time I get the urge to go lighter. I feel happy with the length I have and I want to gradually make it into a black to blonde ombre! Because I already have experienced upkeep of platinum hair years ago and it's the worst -_-

I don't think I will be putting oil in my hair as much as before since I'm scared of it being too sticky and me accidentally ripping out my own hair. I'll be using a lot of leave in conditioner (I just put conditioner with water in a spray bottle LOL) which I never used much before since I did oil treatments very often. My goal is to keep a conditioner barrier on my hair but keep things very light by avoiding oil! I'll probably only oil once a month or next time I bleach. :)

Hehe and thank you!! Many hours of breathing nasty fumes was worth it :joy:

Or even if you wanna bleach (I've been there, I know how frustating is some times, you can't hold it and just bleach again) Try a bleach wash first, using olaplex too. It should even up the color, without the full effect of bleaching.

Alien Girl
July 19th, 2015, 04:26 AM
Or even if you wanna bleach (I've been there, I know how frustating is some times, you can't hold it and just bleach again) Try a bleach wash first, using olaplex too. It should even up the color, without the full effect of bleaching.

I did a bleach wash after having a bit of experimental purple in my hair... AND IT TURNED GREEN!!! :( But now I get to try out teal so I'll okay!

I'll be posting a pic tomorrow!

Aderyn
July 19th, 2015, 05:27 AM
Oh no! Sorry to hear about the green!

But... teal is a really great color so I can't wait to see! :)

wilderwein
July 19th, 2015, 05:31 AM
Green the enemy of hair dyes!!!!

pastina
July 19th, 2015, 11:05 AM
Alien girl, was it directions plum? They reformulated, and now it goes green when people try to remove it.

ghost
July 19th, 2015, 01:03 PM
Everyone's hair is so pretty! Mine is kind of boring in comparison, I've dyed it black for five years:

http://i62.tinypic.com/33m2a9t.jpg

Lately I've been considering going blonde again:

http://i57.tinypic.com/3312cdt.jpg

^That's a wig, and maybe a little more yellow-blonde than I'd aim for, but in the same ballpark

Edit: Huge images are huge! Sorry everyone, I didn't expect them to come out so big.

missrandie
July 19th, 2015, 01:15 PM
DAT CAT!!!! Lol I love it!

wilderwein
July 19th, 2015, 01:16 PM
Ghost I like your natural hair color too *-* you would look good with any hair color tho.

ghost
July 19th, 2015, 04:51 PM
missrandie he's an excellent photobomber :D I was trying to take a picture laying my chin on his fur because he's soooo soft, and then bam! Cat head with giant Gollum eyes takes over the camera.

wilderwein Aw, thank you! That's very sweet :blossom:

Alien Girl
July 19th, 2015, 06:01 PM
@ghost The blonde looks pretty! Have you considered lightening your brows while blonde?

Alien girl, was it directions plum? They reformulated, and now it goes green when people try to remove it.

It was NRage :( ! I've never used the purple colors from NRage, only manic panic in the past and that faded to a pinky color (back in 2012)

I used NRage teal (an old bottle from 2012) diluted a bit in conditioner last night:
http://i.imgur.com/cvtOhTT.png

There are some bits that won't take color well and looks a bit yellowy but I won't be spot bleaching for a while. I want to first do a bit of protein masks andconditioning!

Kome
July 19th, 2015, 06:17 PM
Here is mine... :)

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk68/kome42/IMG_5883_zpshjijzyum.jpg (http://s277.photobucket.com/user/kome42/media/IMG_5883_zpshjijzyum.jpg.html)

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk68/kome42/IMG_5934_zpsvxiyzfcd.jpg (http://s277.photobucket.com/user/kome42/media/IMG_5934_zpsvxiyzfcd.jpg.html)

pastina
July 19th, 2015, 07:10 PM
N'Rage has peroxide in it.

Alien Girl
July 19th, 2015, 07:48 PM
N'Rage has peroxide in it.

Is that bad? I know peroxide can lighten hair a bit and I'm guessing the point of it is to get the color to stick more?

I know that I'll be going back to Manic Panic after I run out, because I've never had issues with that brand and the colors when it fades. :O

I'm doing a protein mask right now :P

pastina
July 19th, 2015, 08:29 PM
Well, it's bad in the sense that it's causing extra damage. :shrug:

Alien Girl
July 20th, 2015, 09:57 AM
Ah I see :O I'll be most likely going back to only Manic Panic because it mixes better with conditioner than the other brands I've tried.

hannabiss
July 20th, 2015, 10:51 AM
Aliengirl I also found manic panic mixed the best with conditioner.

Kome
July 21st, 2015, 10:28 PM
Well, it's bad in the sense that it's causing extra damage. :shrug:

I've used it several times and have never noticed any damage from it and have left it on for an hour at a time. I don't think it really has enough to make a noticeable difference to your hair... at least for me it didn't.

Kiiruna
July 22nd, 2015, 12:42 AM
http://41.media.tumblr.com/6e3d69b4969bd27e945304a15962d17e/tumblr_mvw9bt33h91sf02n4o1_500.jpg

My hair in January 2014 :)

Gamma Vector
July 22nd, 2015, 01:55 AM
http://i.imgur.com/lxWrBVQ.jpg

My hair has ombre bayalage highlights (that is to say, it goes from light blonde with honey blonde lowlights at the very bottom, to honey blonde with auburn lowlights, to auburn with honey blonde highlights, to auburn). I especially like how it looks in buns, such as this braided disc bun I did today.

cathair
July 22nd, 2015, 05:01 AM
I have a bit of turquoise by my ears, but it's kind of cheating. I didn't bleach it's over naturally white hair. Does that count?

Fresh dye in the sun:

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7755/17528936562_6b903f001e_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/sGYo9b)
2015-05-10---Re-dyed-Hair-on-Birthday---02 (https://flic.kr/p/sGYo9b) by Cat Hair (https://www.flickr.com/photos/132137951@N03/), on Flickr

Dye after 4 washes:

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/399/18280308518_3f75b44e57_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/tRnmR5)
2015-06-04---Turquiose-After-4-washes---01 (https://flic.kr/p/tRnmR5) by Cat Hair (https://www.flickr.com/photos/132137951@N03/), on Flickr

My hair would never lift to lift enough for this colour with bleach. I tried in the past to do my ends. My ends would all snap off straight across the line where I had bleached after a week or two. It would only get as far as a orangey-yellow as well. I did know less about bleaching then, but I still doubt I would get good results. Anyway, nature is helping he out :D I guess I will get bluer as I get older, it's some consolation :)

Interesting to read about Olaplex. I keep hearing about it in a certain man's youtube videos about dying bright colours. I wondered if it could really make such a difference. I didn't really understand the website. I won't be rushing to try it anyway :D

missrandie
July 22nd, 2015, 09:34 PM
I have a bit of turquoise by my ears, but it's kind of cheating. I didn't bleach it's over naturally white hair. Does that count?

Fresh dye in the sun:

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7755/17528936562_6b903f001e_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/sGYo9b)
2015-05-10---Re-dyed-Hair-on-Birthday---02 (https://flic.kr/p/sGYo9b) by Cat Hair (https://www.flickr.com/photos/132137951@N03/), on Flickr

Dye after 4 washes:

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/399/18280308518_3f75b44e57_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/tRnmR5)
2015-06-04---Turquiose-After-4-washes---01 (https://flic.kr/p/tRnmR5) by Cat Hair (https://www.flickr.com/photos/132137951@N03/), on Flickr

My hair would never lift to lift enough for this colour with bleach. I tried in the past to do my ends. My ends would all snap off straight across the line where I had bleached after a week or two. It would only get as far as a orangey-yellow as well. I did know less about bleaching then, but I still doubt I would get good results. Anyway, nature is helping he out :D I guess I will get bluer as I get older, it's some consolation :)

Interesting to read about Olaplex. I keep hearing about it in a certain man's youtube videos about dying bright colours. I wondered if it could really make such a difference. I didn't really understand the website. I won't be rushing to try it anyway :D

Just gotta say... Your hair is FLIPPIN FANTASTIC!!!!!!

Alien Girl
July 23rd, 2015, 04:29 AM
cathair Olaplex is magical! Ofc damage is inevitable, but I can really tell a difference between bleaching 3x without olaplex (back in 2012) and bleaching 2x and 1x bleach bath all with olaplex :)

And wow your natural color is pretty! I wish I didn't have to bleach..

My hair right now is TEAL that ombre's into a MINT color. I'm trying out Aphogee's 2 Step Protein treatment right now. So tired... but I need to let it dry completely then shampoo it out :( I just wanna sleep!

Upside Down
July 23rd, 2015, 04:50 AM
Cathair, wow I am in love with your hair!

Alien Girl
July 23rd, 2015, 06:01 AM
I'm sooo tired but OMG guys... Aphogee is MAGIC. My hair isn't gummy anymore. AT ALL. It feels super soft, still very baby-like (damage is inevitable!) but I'm just AMAZED right now.

Before, after showering and having deep conditioned, I couldn't comb my hair and avoided even touching it until almost dry. I can comb my wet hair again! NO TANGLES AT ALL :O

I bought a 4oz bottle, which was about $11. I used about half of it, since I have a lot of hair.

My hair still feels like it soaks up a lot of water, but I've never felt it this soft before (even before bleach.)

I'll post pics tomorrow, it's time for me to knock out :P

HairPlease
July 23rd, 2015, 12:42 PM
Roots need a doing!
http://s14.postimg.org/v4q3bct3l/IMG_20150723_143046.jpg

*ReiKa*
July 23rd, 2015, 01:24 PM
http://i.imgur.com/lxWrBVQ.jpg

My hair has ombre bayalage highlights (that is to say, it goes from light blonde with honey blonde lowlights at the very bottom, to honey blonde with auburn lowlights, to auburn with honey blonde highlights, to auburn). I especially like how it looks in buns, such as this braided disc bun I did today.

Oh please, could you share a picture of your hair down?!
I want to get balayage like yours. And I'm a brunette too

Alien Girl
July 23rd, 2015, 03:02 PM
Roots need a doing!
http://s14.postimg.org/v4q3bct3l/IMG_20150723_143046.jpg

I kinda like that root-y look! I'm actually going to grow mine out on purpose LOL

cathair
July 23rd, 2015, 03:31 PM
Just gotta say... Your hair is FLIPPIN FANTASTIC!!!!!!

Cathair, wow I am in love with your hair!

Thank you missrandie, thank you Upside Down :heartbeat :blushing: :flower:

cathair Olaplex is magical! Ofc damage is inevitable, but I can really tell a difference between bleaching 3x without olaplex (back in 2012) and bleaching 2x and 1x bleach bath all with olaplex :)

And wow your natural color is pretty! I wish I didn't have to bleach..

My hair right now is TEAL that ombre's into a MINT color. I'm trying out Aphogee's 2 Step Protein treatment right now. So tired... but I need to let it dry completely then shampoo it out :( I just wanna sleep!

I'm really pleased to hear that Olaplex is working so well for you :) If your going to bleach, it does sound like the best way to go about it :)

I really like your teal colour, although I am a little biased :D Have you got any pics of your mint ends? I really like the idea of blue-ish colours blending into greens. I keep thinking about trying alpine green (I think it's called) on my ends, but because I just have streaks and hair that tapers a lot, I am not sure it will show up enough to be noticeable.

Pleased to hear the protein treatment went well also :)

Alien Girl
July 28th, 2015, 05:17 PM
Thank you missrandie, thank you Upside Down :heartbeat :blushing: :flower:

I'm really pleased to hear that Olaplex is working so well for you :) If your going to bleach, it does sound like the best way to go about it :)

I really like your teal colour, although I am a little biased :D Have you got any pics of your mint ends? I really like the idea of blue-ish colours blending into greens. I keep thinking about trying alpine green (I think it's called) on my ends, but because I just have streaks and hair that tapers a lot, I am not sure it will show up enough to be noticeable.

Pleased to hear the protein treatment went well also :)

Oh crap, I've washed my hair about twice the past week so my hair is overall mint color now :( !! I haven't checked the forums since then. I can post a pic of the overall mint in a bit though :D

Alien Girl
September 1st, 2015, 01:53 AM
My hair right now is at my goal, the dark grown out root ombre look :) Currently a greenish blue color.

http://i.imgur.com/XihbnS7.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/xpjDNEy.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/A2nqysZ.jpg
* last pic is not true color due to very yellow bathroom walls and lighting

And I think it's safe to say I'm pretty much APL now ^_^b

syndel
September 1st, 2015, 05:47 AM
Craziest thing I've ever done to my hair is a mild henna gloss, so I do not belong here lol, but I did just want to say please keep posting pictures and stories so that I may live vicariously through you ladies! The things chemical colours can do are incredible, and if I had the guts and hair that could handle the damage, I would have bleached it and then gone peach or lavender long ago. Ahhh, in another life maybe :). Anyway keep it up, I shall stalk your thread, you all look amazing!

cathair
September 2nd, 2015, 04:59 PM
My hair right now is at my goal, the dark grown out root ombre look :) Currently a greenish blue color.

http://i.imgur.com/XihbnS7.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/xpjDNEy.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/A2nqysZ.jpg
* last pic is not true color due to very yellow bathroom walls and lighting

And I think it's safe to say I'm pretty much APL now ^_^b

I love the colour :) The ombre suits you too :)

blue_eyes
September 2nd, 2015, 07:43 PM
I'm another person who doesn't really belong here, but I did dye my hair black for about 5 years. I've been growing it out for 2 years and have been missing it lately, so I'm enjoying looking at all of dyed hair! :P I'm hoping to go blonde a year from now, so maybe I'll be posting some pics then.
All your hair looks fabulous! :)