PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

Beatrixity
July 4th, 2015, 04:16 PM
Hello,

I've been on a hair growth journey ever since I cut my WL hair all the way to CL last August. (It was cute for a while, but I regret it so much!) I've used the valuable information on LHC so many times that I've finally decided to join! After trying and deciding WO wasn't for me, I alternate store bought shampoo with herbal shampoo (still store bought, but completely natural.) I love to deep condition with coconut oil and my newest craze is finding hairstyles that work with hair sticks and APL hair.

So that's me; what about you? How long have you been on a hair growth journey? Any favorite memories or recent crazes? What's the best hair advice you've heard?

Thanks for reading,

Beatrixity :)

Arctic
July 4th, 2015, 04:36 PM
Welcome, nice to have you joining!

Best advices are, that each of us is different; experiment methodically; keep a hair journal; and hair grows while you are not paying attention to it. :)

gthlvrmx
July 4th, 2015, 05:02 PM
Welcome, nice to have you joining!

Best advices are, that each of us is different; experiment methodically; keep a hair journal; and hair grows while you are not paying attention to it. :)

What do you put in the hair journal! Also, welcome Beatrixity!
For me, I shaved my head and went bald in November 2013 and I have been growing it out since then. I originally began growing my hair longer in elementary school but I was scared of what other people would say if I grew it out to my original idea (floor length). I loved the look of individual braids on me and I loved feeling long thick hair in a braid down to my knees. Long hair is just right for me.
The best advice would be baby oil. That stuff really helps my hair be super soft. :) Also, stretching out your washes and try out CO. I did that and it worked nicely for me after a while.

meteor
July 4th, 2015, 05:25 PM
Welcome aboard, Beatrixity! :cheer:
So nice to meet you! :D

If your hair is all-virgin, then the best advice I know is just to leave it alone and to do simple protective styles when you can (especially when it's windy). Detangle gently, avoid all damage and excessive manipulation and you'll reach your goal length with hair in excellent condition in no time! :D

Aderyn
July 4th, 2015, 05:30 PM
Best advice: Don't try to find some sort of miracle pill/supplement/product/method, all you need is to be gentle and be patient. :)

Beatrixity
July 4th, 2015, 07:39 PM
Thank you! I hadn't thought of keeping a hair journal, I'll try it!

Beatrixity
July 4th, 2015, 07:44 PM
Whoops, I thought I could reply to each, but I'm not sure how. No worries though.

Thank you all for making me feel welcome and sharing your stories and advice! I'll try to keep a hair journal and I'll try baby oil too. It's very easy to be sucked into miracle fixes too, so thanks for the warning.

It's great to be here! :)

meteor
July 5th, 2015, 12:01 PM
Whoops, I thought I could reply to each, but I'm not sure how.

Just in case, you can multi-quote people by clicking on the quotation sign (small sign to the right of "Reply With Quote") under each post that you want to quote. When you reach the last person you want to quote, click on "Reply With Quote" and you'll have all those quotes in your reply window. :flower:

Welcome to the LHC! :cheer:

lapushka
July 5th, 2015, 12:46 PM
Welcome! :) What helped me out at APL was a peacock twist with a claw clip. Easy to do and wear. :)

DeadlyUnicorn
July 8th, 2015, 07:39 AM
Welcome! :o I haven't had a major haircut in 4 years (just 2 trims) and decided to grow it out maybe 2 1/2 - 3 years ago? I decided I wanted to have long beautiful hair for my wedding and I knew it would take forever lol, now I just want to see how long it will go because it's longer than I ever thought it would get :)

The best advice given to me personally, was that maybe I should try a Dutch braid instead of a French braid. I was having trouble with French braiding and they suggested it because the movements are reversed. I can do both now but the Dutch braid is still so much easier for me :p

flickm
July 8th, 2015, 07:58 AM
Just in case, you can multi-quote people by clicking on the quotation sign (small sign to the right of "Reply With Quote") under each post that you want to quote. When you reach the last person you want to quote, click on "Reply With Quote" and you'll have all those quotes in your reply window. :

Thanks for that meteor - i was trying to work out how to multi quote. and welcome Beatrixity. I'm quite new here myself (joined in April) and have been on a hair journey most of my life, partly because i keep going back over part of the route, cutting my hair from mid back to shoulder or APL just when it's getting long because of straggly ends. The longest i've had it is around waist. I'm aiming for hip now - and with the help from these forums, I'm hoping to reach my goal with healthy hair that doesn't need cutting back.