PDA

View Full Version : Grown out mullet -- Emo Phase Cut?

nikegirl
July 4th, 2015, 10:39 AM
Hello! So I shaved my head at the end of December 2014 and have been growing it out without any trims. I do have the mullet as it has been 6 months and a week exactly since the cut. I plan on going ahead with the no trims and see where that takes me. However, I'm just curious as to know what a mullet looks like when grown out. Will it look like one of those scene phase hair cuts? Will it look like a straight and even cut after an evening trim once it gets to shoulder length?

Please help! Thank you :-)

Deborah
July 4th, 2015, 11:40 AM
I think it will probably look like what many of our folks call fairytale ends. It's all down to opinion as to whether one likes that look or not.

If at any time on your journey you find that you don't like the look, you can of course cut then to have an even hemline. So, as long as you are happy with your hair now, there is nothing to worry about. :)

alexis917
July 4th, 2015, 01:47 PM
Hey, this thread was made for me! I would recommend cutting the back of the mullet to match the rest of your length, it'll actually make it look longer rather than shaggy. I grew out from pixie, and maintained a bob until I hit jaw. I'm now a bit past chin with a mullet, too. It doesn't look scene, just like a bad haircut...haha. the reason I'm keeping my awkward back is because I like being able to put my hair up. Albeit into the shaggiest pony stub ever. I plan on evening my hair up at shoulder, too. Best of luck!

Nadine <3
July 4th, 2015, 01:52 PM
I grew out from a pixie cut and the back grew in about twice as fast as everything else so I had a mullet for awhile. It never looked like a "scene" haircut, it just made me look like I was homeless or didn't own a mirror lol

applecinn
July 4th, 2015, 02:06 PM
Hi, I'm not sure what a "scene" cut/look is (I'm guessing that's just another word for edgy) but I too grew out from a pixie many years ago and though I intended to just let it grow, eventually it got to such a shaggy mess that I did multiple trims to cut back and even out. My best friend was a hat and I became addicted to wearing scarves as well. In any case, it's all about how it makes you feel so do what makes you happy. It's a long road, no need to be miserable while you travel it. :)

gthlvrmx
July 4th, 2015, 02:30 PM
It will look like fairy tale ends. It probably won't look like scene hair cuts. Usually scene hair cuts are cut into that style, it's usually not a natural thing that your hair does when growing out from bald. If you cut your hair in a blunt cut, it will look like a straight across cut on the bottom (unless you have shorter hairs somewhere like in the front). I think that's what you are worried about then? You are worried the shorter hairs in the front will look like a scene hair cut?
I have hair that hasn't been cut since I went bald and it doesn't look like a mullet. I think it looks fine because of how curly it is.

missrandie
July 4th, 2015, 02:35 PM
browneyedsusan grew out with the mullet.. she wore hers up every day. Me, I carefully cut the mullet away and have turned my pixie into a bob. Different strokes...

Just roll with what you are comfortable doing. Me, I couldn't handle the mullet, and I am glad I did what I did.

KittyBird
July 4th, 2015, 02:49 PM
When I grew out my pixie, I just let it grow with no trims at all until it accidentally got to hip length (this was in my teens, where I'd ignore my hair until it became fairly long, and then cut it back to shoulder length). I didn't care about my hair or how I looked at all though, and didn't really notice any awkward mullety stages. :p When it was all grown out, I think it just looked like it was lightly layered and in a deep U-hemline or V-hemline.