PDA

View Full Version : My Experience with WO

Bunnehlvr22
July 1st, 2015, 08:11 PM
I've tried venturing into the world of water only rinsing. I tried it a couple of months ago with my hard water but it stayed so greasy. Today I tried using distilled water bottle. I lost 5 hairs. Which doesn't seem like much but I panic with the lost of each hair. :thud:now it feels sort of brittle and it dried faster than normal.

Normally I have really oily hair and use a silicone based shampoo. Should I use a naturally conditioner on the ends with WO? I usually don't use conditioner at all so my knowledge on the subject is very limited. :confused:

It was easier to comb though. :D

Yarrow
July 2nd, 2015, 01:09 AM
I don't have much experience with Water only so take all I say with a grain of salt.
but did you use a clariflying shampoo before starting water only? if you usually use cones, it could be you still have build up and water alone maybe cant get rid of it.
it may be better to use a cone free shampoo for a few months first and then transition to water only. or try washing with herbs and then transitioning. maybe using a water filter would also be helpful if your water is so hard.

embee
July 2nd, 2015, 05:29 AM
I have been WO and in summer I sometimes go that route. For me it is another method that requires plenty of "spreading the sebum down the length", rather like NW/SO. Scalp rinses in summer are cooling and remove sweat.

I never wear my hair loose, it's always bunned, so the greasies are not a major problem for me. Also I'm old, and the greasies seem to have pretty much gone out of my life, finally. :D

It seems many people think they need to add something to WO or NW/SO (oiling the ends, etc). I assumed the names of these methods were accurate, so I do nothing more.