PDA

View Full Version : Mid-back Test

Wonder17
October 5th, 2008, 06:13 AM
I just wanted to know how to determine whether my hair is bsl or mid-back length. How did you know it's mid-back?...pls help!

Periwinkle
October 5th, 2008, 06:16 AM
If it's BSL, then it'll be touching the strap. Anywhere from the top to the bottom of the strap counts, though some people like to not count themselves as BSL until they're at the bottom.

Midback is if your hair is appreciably below that; about halfway between BSL and waist. If your hair is near the bottom of your ribcage (roughly), that's probably midback.

At 23", I'd guess you're BSL: I wasn't BSL until 26" but I have wavy hair that's thicker than yours and that can make a difference.

Auntbeast
October 5th, 2008, 06:49 AM
I'm 22" but I'm only at armpit length. My daughter is 22" and hers is to her butt, but then again, she's only 3. Height comes in to play a bit I think. :)

anna1850
October 5th, 2008, 07:05 AM
Midback is if your hair is appreciably below that; about halfway between BSL and waist. If your hair is near the bottom of your ribcage (roughly), that's probably midback.

I agree with this definition :thumbsup:

If you wear a bra then BSL should be pretty easy to find, otherwise you'd just have to guess. Mid-back should be about 2-3" inches past BSL normally (but some people have high waists so it varies).

Carolyn
October 5th, 2008, 10:34 AM
It depends on what kind of a bra you wear and if it fits properly. Many women wear ill fitting bra's that hike up in the back making the top of the bra strap way high. It's a personal measurement for everyone. Don't be too concerned about it.

Anje
October 5th, 2008, 10:37 AM
I think some of it has to do with where you wear a bra, and generally with your proportions. So for some people, BSL is about at the bottom of their shoulderblades (for me, it's a few inches below that). Midback is a few inches lower (probably near my BSL), and waist varies wildly with proportions and body weight. Waist is wherever your torso is thinnest -- for me and many high-waisted people, that's maybe 3 inches below BSL, while for others it might be 6 inches and near or below the bottom of their ribcage. My ribcage ends 1-2 inches above my pelvis (proportionally short torso for my height), so by the time I'm below that, I'm at hip length.

I consider the "midback" designation to be an in-between catchall where there aren't good reference points on some people's bodies, like mid-thigh. It occurs somewhere between the bottom of the shoulderblades and waist, but where it occurs for you is something you'll need to determine.