PDA

View Full Version : it's been asked before, but once more--

mamaherrera
June 29th, 2015, 05:08 PM
Do you find your nape ponytail circumference smaller than if the ponytail is on the back of your head, slightly below the crown?? I see mine is like 1/4 inch less, I don't know if that's normal/common. I don't have that short of layers, so it's not the layers. . . .just curious!

Nique1202
June 29th, 2015, 05:30 PM
Depending on your hair length and your scalp's particular pattern of growth and shedding, you might have your thickest measurement almost anywhere on your head and it might move around. For a while, mine was on top of my head near the front hairline. Now it's on the back. There's no wrong place and nothing to worry on as long as the measurements don't fall off really fast, like losing an inch circumference in a month or whatever. I'd even call 1/4 inch a margin of error honestly because it can depend so much on everything down to how much conditioner stuck to my hair after a wash if I didn't rinse thoroughly.

meteor
June 29th, 2015, 05:50 PM
^ I agree with Nique1202! :agree:
Yes, having somewhat different thickness/density on different parts of the scalp is normal. :flower:

Sarahlabyrinth
June 29th, 2015, 08:14 PM
^ I agree with Nique1202! :agree:
Yes, having somewhat different thickness/density on different parts of the scalp is normal. :flower:

I agree with this also - though I don't think it really matters. :)