PDA

View Full Version : I'm being harassed by.. a hair salon!

lll_Alice_lll
June 29th, 2015, 01:13 PM
My original post was:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=132503
Please read it first for background info! ^^

Ok so after having the horrible salon experience, (where the hair dresser damaged my hair, threw a comb at me and kicked me out) I just left a bad google review about the salon and went on with my life... Apparently, the hairdresser didn't. I got a call from my grandfather this morning. Apparently the hairdresser that assaulted me, called him up demanding I take down my bad google review LOL. That would be like mcdonald's calling me up if i left a bad review.. ~_~
Most businesses would try to give the customer something to bribe them or sweet talk them, but these people.... They keep harassing us about that one bad google review -_-
She DEMANDED that my grandfather force me to take it down! keep in mind I'm an adult and live on my own.. I didn't even mention my or her name in the review which proves she knew what she did and she was looking for bad reviews....
She said if I didn't take it down, she'd sue me... atleast thats what she told my grandfather since she harassed him! My poor grandfather is just like, "I hope she doesn't call me back.. :(".
That lady is insane... I'm not taking it down!

ositarosita
June 29th, 2015, 01:16 PM
You tell her if she calls or attempts to make contact with you or any of your family members will go to the police and file a report.

***Every contact made you write date, time, length of call, phone number (if you have caller ID) and nature of conversation. You bring this list with you when you file your report.

(In case you can't tell I take this kind of thing seriously)

Nadine <3
June 29th, 2015, 01:18 PM
Yikes! I would call the police and file a report. She has no business demanding anything from you.

alexis917
June 29th, 2015, 01:19 PM
Be sure to edit your review and add that BS in!

lll_Alice_lll
June 29th, 2015, 01:22 PM
-------------------------------------------------
Good point!!! xD
I will! ^^

meteor
June 29th, 2015, 01:24 PM
Oh no! :( I can't believe you are going through this hell! So sorry! :grouphug:

I don't get it: she's the one who was unprofessional with you, and yet she's the one who's threatening legal action? ... Just because you went public about it? Wow! :bigeyes:

Aderyn
June 29th, 2015, 01:32 PM
I would honestly call the police. I understand that it may not be very fun to go through the process, but they are 100% in the wrong.

lapushka
June 29th, 2015, 01:33 PM
I would add this to the review, if you can still edit it, or make an add-on, and simply state that she started calling you about the bad review, harassing you, and if the lady is not going to quit doing this, you will take it all to the police.

missrandie
June 29th, 2015, 01:34 PM
It sounds like a case of too many perm fumes!

All joking aside, I agree with ositarosita. This is extremely serious. Document everything! And go to the police as well. Hang in there... it sounds very scary!

brickworld13
June 29th, 2015, 01:36 PM
Your grandfather can file harassment complaints with the police department and if there is enough evidence, he could pursue a court case. That stylist is so out of line. :steam

eta And you should have documented your treatment in the salon. That was absolutely assault.

endlessly
June 29th, 2015, 01:50 PM
Call the police and file a report. Not only has she assaulted you, but now you can add harassment charges as well and if need be, I'd suggest even filing a restraining order to ensure no further harassment occurs. At this point, she's gone well beyond just "crossing the line" and she needs to be held accountable for her actions. You had every right to write a bad review - everyone's done it if they receive exceptionally terrible service, I know I have! - but her actually contacting your grandfather is a step too far. Call and report her immediately - the sooner, the better.

lapushka
June 29th, 2015, 01:57 PM
How come she has your grandfather's details, anyway?

luvlonghair75
June 29th, 2015, 02:00 PM
I definitely agree with calling the cops and filing a report! Also, splash this all over social media. NObody deserves to be treated like this!

lll_Alice_lll
June 29th, 2015, 02:03 PM
She probably looked through the phone records for when he set up the appointment ><
He was the one that wanted my hair done for a family reunion o:
He always calls before hand. He never just walks in xD

Anje
June 29th, 2015, 02:08 PM
How come she has your grandfather's details, anyway?

My guess is that they share a last name and he was in the phonebook. :|

ETA: OOps, didn't see that Alice posted right above me. Clearly my reading comprehension is failing miserably today.

Wusel
June 29th, 2015, 02:12 PM
I would add this to the review, if you can still edit it, or make an add-on, and simply state that she started calling you about the bad review, harassing you, and if the lady is not going to quit doing this, you will take it all to the police.

YES! DO THIS! I second that!

lll_Alice_lll
June 29th, 2015, 02:13 PM
My guess is that they share a last name and he was in the phonebook. :|

ETA: OOps, didn't see that Alice posted right above me. Clearly my reading comprehension is failing miserably today.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No problems xD
...I still don't know how to quote others...

lll_Alice_lll
June 29th, 2015, 02:14 PM
I actually just edited the review now xD

sourgrl
June 29th, 2015, 02:24 PM
Sue you for what? As long as your review is honest she can't sue the truth.

Lucy Elizabeth
June 29th, 2015, 02:34 PM
Omg she just won't give up!

Haha i agree with above, add this new addition to your experience! Maybe she'll understand that if she keeps going on like this shes just digging her hole deeper. She can't sue you for speaking your mind/telling the truth

Elly May
June 29th, 2015, 02:40 PM
Can you post a link to the review for us to see? If you don't want to do it because it reveals too much information about you (such as your town....), I understand completely...I was just curious. Maybe you could cut and paste the body of the review.

And I completely agree with what everyone else has said--she needs to be stopped. Assaulting you and harassing your grandfather, including threats???? I would contact the police. Seriously, she has tried to track you down.

lll_Alice_lll
June 29th, 2015, 02:43 PM
https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS545US545&ion=1&espv=2&es_th=1&ie=UTF-8#q=curl%20up%20and%20dye%20sunbeam&es_th=1&lrd=0x88e5c97bb2d1feab:0xeb521516819fb4a0,1
Im americahetalia xD

Elly May
June 29th, 2015, 02:47 PM
In addition to the police and the corporate headquarters, there is bound to be a state board that oversees hair dressers and hair salons. I would report her there, too. (I'm NOT a complainer, but some times it has to be done. I had to go to the state insurance board today over a car accident last fall--the insurance agent for the lady who hit me is jerking me around, and sometimes you just have to take it to a higher level....)

lll_Alice_lll
June 29th, 2015, 02:48 PM
Yea I for the life of me cant find the corporate number though x.x

Platzhalter
June 29th, 2015, 02:50 PM
If anyone who runs a business can't stand bad reviews, they should either try to find out what's the problem or just not run a business. Assaulting and threatening any customer, no matter how young or old they are, is bad behaviour - and if she really thinks she knows better because of being older than you, this woman should also know how to behave.
Please don't take your review down... but report the issue to the police.

Hope things will get better for you :)

ghost
June 29th, 2015, 02:54 PM
What a crazy b****. If she's that concerned about her salon's image, then maybe she should try being a good stylist in the first place and not assaulting her clients.

Wildcat Diva
June 29th, 2015, 02:59 PM
I also just can't believe that that is actually their name! It's clever in a BAD way.

Elly May
June 29th, 2015, 03:08 PM
I read your review--thanks for posting the link. I am very glad that you wrote it, and I think the woman should be very grateful you didn't post the whole story...you know, the part about assaulting you by throwing a comb at you..... Again, I am so sorry you are going through this!

DreamSheep
June 29th, 2015, 03:09 PM
Time for a few more bad reviews for those immature hairdressers I say!

Don't give in to her, and if she continues to harass take it to the police.

ETA: I would also include the assault in the review. And if she has blistered your scalp and you've got pictures, I'd include that too.

lll_Alice_lll
June 29th, 2015, 03:09 PM
Yea she should. There's only a max amount of words google lets me post on there :c
I thought was worse than the comb.. xD

lll_Alice_lll
June 29th, 2015, 03:10 PM
Time for a few more bad reviews for those immature hairdressers I say!
-------------------------------------------------------------------
yep! xD

DreamSheep
June 29th, 2015, 03:11 PM
Yea she should. There's only a max amount of words google lets me post on there :c
I thought was worse than the comb.. xD

You could always post two reviews. :p

lll_Alice_lll
June 29th, 2015, 03:14 PM
true xD
I'll think i need to be on another google account though not sure o:

Amber_Maiden
June 29th, 2015, 03:17 PM
I would call the police and tell them she is harassing you, before anything else happens.

Madora
June 29th, 2015, 03:26 PM
Your experience at that salon was totally inappropriate and unprofessional. That the hairdresser harassed your grandfather is beyond words and you should report the salon to your Better Business Bureau pronto. Good luck!

ooglipoo
June 29th, 2015, 03:27 PM
Yep. Call the police. More than likely, they'll either send an officer to you or request that you come in to file a report. You should do it, especially if you have proof!

Holy Schnikies!

I have several Google accounts... just sayin'...

Oh, yeah, and tell us the name of corporate, so we can search their # and help you out.

lll_Alice_lll
June 29th, 2015, 03:28 PM
I actually have several too! :D

Viola88
June 29th, 2015, 03:30 PM
I wouldn't post 2 reviews under 2 different names. A lawyer could use that as evidence you are harassing her.

lll_Alice_lll
June 29th, 2015, 03:30 PM
hm.. interesting o:

Aderyn
June 29th, 2015, 03:42 PM
Alice, to quote posts you go to the bottom right of a post where there is a "reply", "reply with quote" and a multi quote icon. "Reply with quote" will give you what you want. :)

lll_Alice_lll
June 29th, 2015, 03:43 PM
Alice, to quote posts you go to the bottom right of a post where there is a "reply", "reply with quote" and a multi quote icon. "Reply with quote" will give you what you want. :)

oh thanks :D

Aaroo
June 29th, 2015, 04:38 PM
What a horrible person. I suggest you report the calls as others have said to Police. She should learn that this behavior is not tolerated.

Lady Mary
June 29th, 2015, 04:44 PM
Haha, that first review they have is totally the owner/someone who works there. "The salon is very conveniently located and the services provided are affordable and set the standard for the beauty industry." Really? They thought that sounded like a normal review?

Don't take yours down, that would be giving in to the bullies. However, do keep a record of all contact they try and make with you or your grandfather, in case you need it later.

lll_Alice_lll
June 29th, 2015, 04:49 PM
Haha, that first review they have is totally the owner/someone who works there. "The salon is very conveniently located and the services provided are affordable and set the standard for the beauty industry." Really? They thought that sounded like a normal review?

Don't take yours down, that would be giving in to the bullies. However, do keep a record of all contact they try and make with you or your grandfather, in case you need it later.

hahaha that's what I was thinking too! xD

yahirwaO.o
June 29th, 2015, 05:27 PM
What a crazy b****. If she's that concerned about her salon's image, then maybe she should try being a good stylist in the first place and not assaulting her clients.

Yeah I just read both posts and my first thought was like..... What a crazy b´´´´ :scared:!!!

Really I know some bad stories where stylist have a negative attitude still they are people and you can have bit some emphaty, but this one is just awful and that woman must get her cosmetology license removed so she cant harm more people!

Chocowalnut
June 29th, 2015, 09:05 PM
Wow. I can't believe how they are acting. What a terrible salon. There is a Curl Up and Dye salon here too and now I'm wondering..

WannabeViking
June 29th, 2015, 09:25 PM
https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS545US545&ion=1&espv=2&es_th=1&ie=UTF-8#q=curl%20up%20and%20dye%20sunbeam&es_th=1&lrd=0x88e5c97bb2d1feab:0xeb521516819fb4a0,1
Im americahetalia xD

Sounds like this store is run by some real jerks. Also, I'd like to point out that the spammy advertisement-sounding "review" at the bottom violates Google's content policy for business reviews. You can report it as such with the little flag that appears next to the time it was posted ("3 years ago".)

https://support.google.com/business/answer/2622994?hl=en

AmethystLily
June 29th, 2015, 10:25 PM
Now she's dug herself in a hole she WON'T be able to get out of. She is in NO position to be making demands or threats. You have every right to report this "stylist" to the police for not only her poor service (straight-up assault), but now harassment. I hope you took pics of your hair and scalp. Just as I agreed with everyone else then, I agree now: you also need to log those calls for further reference when you file your report. If this stylist is taking it this far, who knows what else she'll try next? She needs to have her license revoked and if necessary, have a restraining order against her and/or to be put in jail.

Alien Girl
June 29th, 2015, 11:32 PM
Haha that's funny that she thinks harassing you and your family will do anything :P

curlylocks85
June 29th, 2015, 11:46 PM
From what you described, you are the one who has grounds for a lawsuit. That behavior should not be tolerated at any age or venue. If something like that happened to me, I would have called the police, pressed charges, left without paying, filed a lawsuit against the business, took her to small claims court and, keep my honest review for all to see. I applaud your restraint: I obviously have none...lol ;)

Aderyn
June 29th, 2015, 11:57 PM
From what you described, you are the one who has grounds for a lawsuit. That behavior should not be tolerated at any age or venue. If something like that happened to me, I would have called the police, pressed charges, left without paying, filed a lawsuit against the business, took her to small claims court and, keep my honest review for all to see. I applaud your restraint: I obviously have none...lol ;)

Honestly, I'm pretty non-confrontational, but even I would have called the police eventually. Maybe not as it was happening due to shock/frustration, but quite soon after.

*ReiKa*
June 30th, 2015, 04:45 AM
My god, she's totally nuts! :eek:

Darling, DO NOT absolutely give in to this psycho, keep the review, there's absolutely NO REASON to delete it, everybody must know what she did to you, and secondly, please, you must contact the police and tell them (take your grandfather with you) what she did to you in the first place and then what she did after the review.

Johannah
June 30th, 2015, 04:59 AM
I'd go to the police if I were you. This is NOT acceptable. I hope she'll leave you (and you grandfather) alone in the future!

Ephemia
June 30th, 2015, 09:39 AM
You need to go to the police. You had grounds to do so already, before she started harassing you and your grandfather. This woman is doing everything no professional should ever do if they want their business to receive custom. I don't know why she thinks she can sue you; it's not as though your review is libellous. If she didn't want a bad review she should have thought about that before she threw professionalism out the window. It makes you wonder how many other clients she's bullied.

Both your threads have really affected me. It's such a horrible thing for anyone to have to go through. Please, keep us updated, and most importantly, keep fighting! :guns:

Wavelength
June 30th, 2015, 10:41 AM
Holy crap, I've read both threads and her behaviour is just unbelievable! I agree with the other posters: don't give in, keep the review up, and record all her harassment of you and your grandfather to show the police.

This woman is a bully, plain and simple. If she thinks she's winning this confrontation, she'll just go on to harass other people. Don't give her the chance! You're doing a public service!

DeadlyUnicorn
June 30th, 2015, 06:10 PM
I also just can't believe that that is actually their name! It's clever in a BAD way.

Just what I was thinking when she posted her review lol.. Yikes.

Unicorn
June 30th, 2015, 07:38 PM

This.

You say you haven't identified her in the review, so she couldn't sue you even if it were a lie. That she has also clearly recognised the incident despite neither of you being named indicates that's she recognised that it's true.

I'd be reporting it to the police as well as recording this and any further incidences. She is harassing your Grandfather who has nothing to do with the whole shenanigans. She sounds a nasty little bully.

Unicorn

YvetteVarie
July 1st, 2015, 03:43 AM
Wow. Just wow.

I agree with everyone else, log the harrassing calls and report her to the police. She is not a business owner at all, if she was a proper one she would have apologised and offered another service to make up for the bad one. Keep us updated on what's going on

*ReiKa*
July 1st, 2015, 08:23 AM
Oh by the way, I can totally relate too with not being taken seriously by people when you are/look young.
I'm 24 and I'm not a tall girl, when I go out shopping I wear no makeup and dress casual, and I always notice that people in the shops do treat me differently. And the security staff follow me everywhere cos they fear I entered the shop or approached an expensive brand counter to steal stuff.

alexis917
July 1st, 2015, 10:00 AM
Oh by the way, I can totally relate too with not being taken seriously by people when you are/look young.
I'm 24 and I'm not a tall girl, when I go out shopping I wear no makeup and dress casual, and I always notice that people in the shops do treat me differently. And the security staff follow me everywhere cos they fear I entered the shop or approached an expensive brand counter to steal stuff.

When I'm in Sephora, they tell me trying things on/swatching is "for potential BUYERS only" :(

Is it possible to add pictures of your scalp to the review? Or before/afters?