PDA

View Full Version : If I use cones. . . . on length ,then are scalp washes enough

mamaherrera
June 28th, 2015, 09:46 AM
I always only do scalp washes, but regardless of if you use cones, how often do you all "wash" your length?? It's something I never make a point to do.but then I got playing around with using cones on my length only so then, obviously I would have to do some "length" washes by putting shampoo directly on the length it's self, but now it's been so long. .. how do you wash the length?? Obviously not by scrubbing. . . seems like a dumb question,but I"m curious!

meteor
June 28th, 2015, 09:53 AM
Usually I just let the suds run down the length.

Sometimes (rarely) I feel like my hair is way too weighed down or I used some styling products and feel like there is build-up, I'll then apply clarifying shampoo directly on my wet hair and massage the shampoo very lightly and quickly, the same way I would massage conditioner into length, just enough to foam up the shampoo a bit. Then I rinse very thoroughly.

Nadine <3
June 28th, 2015, 09:57 AM
I just kinda squish the shampoo into my length.

maborosi
June 28th, 2015, 10:06 AM
I use cones and only really shampoo once or twice a month, to clarify.

Nique1202
June 28th, 2015, 10:08 AM
Count me in for the "squish the suds down the length" crew. I actually get protein overload from my shampoo before I get silicone buildup from my conditioner. When I clarify the protein out, I do the whole length though.

missrandie
June 28th, 2015, 10:23 AM
I remember when I had long hair that I was in the squish through club. I would hold it pony tail style, run my hand down to the end then kind of fold it onto itself into my hand. Then I would give it the "squeeze squeeze squeeze" and rinse very thoroughly.

lapushka
June 28th, 2015, 11:36 AM
I used to never blob a bit of shampoo on the length, until I started the rinse-out oil method (ROOM), then I made it a point to blob a bit of shampoo on the lengths as well. Since I do use MO on my ends every week.