PDA

View Full Version : What color is this?!

leilani
June 27th, 2015, 10:01 AM
I don't know what my color is. Indoors it looks very dark and drab like the color inside an ash tray :

http://i.imgur.com/FhIZbNZ.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/3D6wCUR.jpg

But in the light of day it looks warm, although is it a brown (doesn't seem...."rich" enough to qualify) or just an extremely dark blonde(tte) color?
http://i.imgur.com/t0gZRjY.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/7P64Nkb.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/KJ9WgSd.jpg
A bit of henna on tips showing
http://i.imgur.com/iVquA1f.jpg

I appreciate you guys weighing in!!!

MidnightMoon
June 27th, 2015, 10:27 AM
Id call it a light brown (I feel like its missing a certain yellow-ness and that somewhat translucent look blonde hair has), so I wouldnt consider it "blondette".

Also, my own natural hair which is very dark brown looks a medium brown in the sun, but I wouldnt consider that to be its 'true' colour. In the inside pics it looks quite dark, like a medium brown.

lapushka
June 27th, 2015, 10:30 AM
Looks like a light ash brown to me. :) Very pretty.

Arctic
June 27th, 2015, 10:38 AM
I don't see ash, especially in the outdoors photos, which I consider truer. I think it's medium, neutral to warm brown with red undertones. (I realize what is medium or light or dark depends on the corner of the world, but since we are at the same corner with Leilani, I'll give my personal opinion). The indoor photos could be interpreted as ashy (but no no no, not like an inside of an ash tray!!!). I know myself that my hair colour rarely looks in the photos how I see it myself in real life, so I assume your might be the same. Camera setting and lightning conditions affect the end results a lot!

I think your colour is very beautiful, it looks a lot like mine, I think, but not exactly the same though (yours is probably warmer tone than mine).

And wow your hair is thick! I think in a month or two you can claim shoulder length, BTW ;)

Johannah
June 27th, 2015, 10:44 AM
Light brown with a golden glow. Beautiful.

Nique1202
June 27th, 2015, 11:29 AM
Mine is a good deal darker but does the same thing, it looks dark brown, nearly black, and almost ashy-grey under indoor (especially fluorescent) lighting, and when I step out into the sun it's a bright medium brown because the gold tones throw sunlight around and make it look significantly lighter. I call mine dark golden brown, and I'd probably call yours medium golden brown.

missrandie
June 27th, 2015, 11:38 AM
FWIW, I call it pretty. Mine is rather similar in color, give or take. I say we fall in that tawny to light brown range.

meteor
June 27th, 2015, 11:43 AM
I'm not good at identifying this stuff, but I would vote for light-to-medium brown. Possibly around level 6 or a bit darker?
Neutral tone, maybe? :hmm: I want to say cool tone, but I'll admit, I don't know how to interpret the red flares on pictures - sometimes, cameras do this, but usually people know if the red is something that's always there (like in auburn or chestnut hair) or due to cameras.

Such beautiful hair! :D I love the volume and the shine! :applause

arr
June 27th, 2015, 01:05 PM
It's called my dream hair color. I've pretty much given up on getting my dark brown hair to look like your natural color; no way to do it without damage.

gwenalyn
June 27th, 2015, 01:50 PM
I definitely see some red in there--if it's not a camera being tricksy, I'd say you have a very warm-toned, beautiful brown.

Vanilla Mint
June 27th, 2015, 02:27 PM
Looks similar to my virgin color (absent some very premature silvers), and I have come to call it "golden taupe" for lack of a better term. :) It appears super ashy to the point of looking green against orange or red dye, but in any hint of light there is a very strong golden sheen, and strands will turn copper if sun-bleached.

Deborah
June 27th, 2015, 03:02 PM
I would call it light to medium brown.

cat11
June 27th, 2015, 07:12 PM
light brown :)

rhosyn_du
June 27th, 2015, 07:21 PM
I'd call it neutral light brown. It loos like you've got gold tones inside and some red in sunlight, so definitely not ash if the colors on my monitor are accurate. Ashy hair colors tend to have almost silvery-lavender undertones in artificial lighting, and little-to-no red.

memeow
June 28th, 2015, 01:17 AM
My vote is a neutral medium brown, and I think you're really selling yourself short. The pictures in indoor lighting have a completely classic, elegant look, and then outside your hair just lights up! It's easy to get so used to seeing dyed hair that you fall into the trap of thinking that all brown hair should be rich chestnut, all blonde should be light beach blonde, and all red should be Pippi Longstocking fire-hydrant red. And those colors are all beautiful! But natural colors come in a much broader range than the three tropes, and I think the variation is something to celebrate. Your color looks very sophisticated, and would work with a wide variety of looks. Anyway, I'll get off my soapbox now :soapbox:

kidari
June 28th, 2015, 08:23 AM
lighter hair colors always look so drastically different with different lighting I noticed! I think that the hair color in natural daylight should be considered your actual hair color. Indoors it looks light ash brown to me and outdoors it looks light golden warm brown to me. Either way, it's a gorgeous color!

alexis917
June 28th, 2015, 11:29 AM
Light brown! No idea on the tone.

tigress86
June 29th, 2015, 12:37 AM
I would say level 6 neutral brown. It looks lovely!

floraflowerpowe
June 29th, 2015, 03:13 AM
To me it looks like a light to medium brown. But I also see some gold or copper or at least something warm (perhaps more gold than copper). How I would call it I don't know. Perhaps a light/medium golden brown. But every picture makes the hair look slightly different, from ashy to golden. Sorry I'm no help :p

JellyBene
June 29th, 2015, 12:11 PM
Haircolor opinions actually vary slightly even between licensed stylists, in my opinion it looks like a level 5 and a half neutral brown. A level 6 is considered blonde, a 5 is considered brown, and you're right in between!