PDA

View Full Version : IC Fantasia Polisher Styling Gel??

Loktra
June 26th, 2015, 04:23 PM
This stuff: http://www.amazon.com/Fantasia-Potency-Polisher-Styling-Sparkle/dp/B000142U9E/ref=sr_1_6?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1435355979&sr=1-6&keywords=fantasia+ic

Anyway...I assume this gel is more for 4's and the like, but it blew my mind and worked well on my much straighter hair. Used on wet hair, my hair doesn't feel gelled at all but it holds heatless curls so much better and is so much less frizzy. I can even use it on dry hair to tame an updo and it doesn't give me that weird gel-helmet.

Anyone else have experience with this gel? Are there other gels that work similarly and I've just been using them wrong all these years? I haven't actually tried pure aloe gel (can't stand the smell), so I can't compare it to that.

Ingredients are: Purified Water (Aqua), Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Aloe Vera Gel, Dimethicone Copolyol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Polysorbate-20, Benzophenone-4, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance (Parfum).

My concerns are the pH of the product (I got several numbers using test strips, 'cause it's a gel, so who knows), and how bad the alcohol groups might be for hair...so I'm sort of refraining from using it but it's tough. It just worked that well for me.

Any experiences? Any verdict on the ingredients?

lapushka
June 27th, 2015, 05:32 AM
I have it too. I use it interchangeably with my Eco Styler (olive oil version) gel, and my LA Looks Curl gel. Looove it. All these gels don't contain alcohol, which is the main thing, but the IC Fantasia is the only one that does have silicones. So if you don't like those, I suggest the alternatives. Out of all of them, I love my Eco Styler the *best*! They do an argan oil version as well, but so far I love the olive oil version the most. It works the best for me. I'm about to begin my second huge tub of it (the biggest size they do). That's how much I love it!

Loktra
June 27th, 2015, 06:37 AM
I've only had basic chemistry, so I didn't know if the "alcohol groups" in triethanolamine had the same bad effects.

It's nice to get other gel recommendations from someone who likes one that I do! Thanks!

ooglipoo
June 27th, 2015, 06:37 AM
Yes! We love it at my house, for curlies, wavies, and straighties. I like it because it does have silicone... I also like their frizz serum!

jupiterinleo
June 27th, 2015, 02:29 PM
I'm so glad this thread popped up because I kept thinking that I should give this a try. I do use the frizz serum and I like that one a lot.