PDA

View Full Version : I’ve just graduated from university!

BrendaLoan
June 24th, 2015, 03:57 PM
I’m finally a doctor! :D I just wanted to share my joy with all of you, and why not, make you cringe a little shudder:. Here in Argentina, on the day you take your last exam, all of your relatives and friends are there waiting for you. After (and if) you pass the test, they congratulate you, take pictures, and then… you change your clothes (because they are going to get ruined) and things get messy :tmi:

http://i57.tinypic.com/jhtwk1.jpg

These are some of the things that the threw at me:
Eggs, flour, corn flour, mayonnaise, ketchup, spices, vinegar, onions, detergent, washing poder, confetti, oil, and all sort of things you can find in your fridge. I smelled terrible :rolleyes: After that, they took me for a little ride aroud the city.

Terrifying, right? But don’t worry, my hair survived to the attack thanks to the tips I’ve learnt here through the years LOL. It took several showers (and I’m still getting confetti out of my hair) but it will be alright :p

Gabriel
June 24th, 2015, 04:01 PM
Congratulations!

wilderwein
June 24th, 2015, 04:03 PM
Congratulations sweetheaaaaaaart!!!! :blossom::bottomsup::cake::graduate:
well I guess you could call it a free hair/body mask

side note that may ruin the moment: if you have watched the final episode of season 5 of game of thrones, that kinda reminds me the "shame" scene of cersei

meteor
June 24th, 2015, 04:04 PM
CONGRATULATIONS, BrendaLoan!!! :joy:
That's such an awesome achievement! :happydance:

And oh my, I had no idea about that tradition in Argentina! :bigeyes: It's kind of both funny and terrifying! :lol:

pili
June 24th, 2015, 04:06 PM
Felicitaciones! Congratulations!

That is hilarious! You could have just given them a LHC list of treatment ingredients and killed two birds with one stone. :D

Dragon Faery
June 24th, 2015, 04:08 PM
Congratulations!!! :cheer: :happydance: :cheer:

LongCurlyTress
June 24th, 2015, 04:56 PM
This is HUGE!! What a wonderful lifetime accomplishment. :blossom: So many congrats for you that I don't know where to begin. I am thrilled for you. Just wonderful news! :cheese:

lilin
June 24th, 2015, 05:16 PM
Congratulations! Wow, that's quite an accomplishment. Glad your hair isn't too upset. :D

You could have just given them a LHC list of treatment ingredients and killed two birds with one stone. :D

Right? I had the exact same thought reading the list of things that she had thrown at her: "I swear I've put half those things in my hair at one point or another." :p

Lauraes
June 24th, 2015, 05:19 PM
Congratulations! What a big accomplishment! And the pictures are priceless. :)

TwilightShadow
June 24th, 2015, 06:31 PM
Congratulations! Glad your hair is still in one piece, lol.

neko_kawaii
June 24th, 2015, 06:36 PM
Congratulations! Wow, that is a memorable tradition.

DweamGoiL
June 24th, 2015, 06:38 PM
Felicidades, Doctora!!! Great news :)

Nadine <3
June 24th, 2015, 06:51 PM
Congratulations! But like...ew lol

AZDesertRose
June 24th, 2015, 08:16 PM
Congratulations on finishing your degree! Wow, those pics are something else! :D

yogagirl
June 24th, 2015, 08:36 PM
Yay!! Congratulations! What a fun way to celebrate and let go of all the exam stress :)

Anje
June 24th, 2015, 11:35 PM
Congratulations! At least they let you change your clothes first!

restless
June 25th, 2015, 02:17 AM
Congratulations, doctor BrendaLoan! :)

The pictures are awesome, it looks like a fun tradition :D

elsieivy
June 25th, 2015, 02:33 AM
Congratulations! Great photos! It looks like a lot of fun.

Zebra Fish
June 25th, 2015, 02:45 AM
Congratz!! :D I don't think hair was your primary concern at that moment and hope you enjoyed!

Something similar is also in Italy, as far as I've seen and been told, just that they don't let you change your clothes :p

Crystawni
June 25th, 2015, 03:10 AM
How cool, in a messy, smelly, sticky, icky kinda way! Congrats, Dr BrendaLoan! :cheer:

Taenarian
June 25th, 2015, 03:57 AM
Absolutely superb!

embee
June 25th, 2015, 04:43 AM
Congratulations! What a big step! :)

Squiggy
June 25th, 2015, 06:19 AM
Congratulations! What a fun, albeit messy, way to celebrate!

lapushka
June 25th, 2015, 07:16 AM
Congratulations. Looks like you celebrated already. :lol: And lots! :lol: It's gotta be an awesome feeling to be a doctor!

alexis917
June 25th, 2015, 07:18 AM
Congratulations! Best wishes for you and your family.

Galloway
June 25th, 2015, 07:20 AM
Congratulations!! Wow that is some kind of mess! I'm glad it washed/washing out :)

Crumpet
June 25th, 2015, 08:36 AM
Congratulations! Thanks for telling us about a tradition I wasn't aware of. Amazing photos!

HintOfMint
June 25th, 2015, 04:21 PM
Congratulations!!! Oh my, what fun that looks like! Wonderful!

ghost
June 25th, 2015, 05:37 PM
Congatulations! I've never heard of that tradition before and I can't decide if it sounds fun or like a nightmare, hahaha. You look like you had fun though :p

BrendaLoan
June 25th, 2015, 08:53 PM
Thank you all very much for the good wishes! :o:blossom: I'm really happy, enjoying this unique moment

Congratulations sweetheaaaaaaart!!!!
well I guess you could call it a free hair/body mask

side note that may ruin the moment: if you have watched the final episode of season 5 of game of thrones, that kinda reminds me the "shame" scene of cersei

Thank you!! I haven't got there yet, but I can't wait to see it (and I try not to look at twitter or facebook that much lately, because is full of spoilers! :mad:)

Felicitaciones! Congratulations!

That is hilarious! You could have just given them a LHC list of treatment ingredients and killed two birds with one stone. :D

Luckily the eggs came first, so I had some sort of "protective layer" LOL

This is HUGE!! What a wonderful lifetime accomplishment. :blossom: So many congrats for you that I don't know where to begin. I am thrilled for you. Just wonderful news! :cheese:

That is so sweet of you. Thank you very much:o

Felicidades, Doctora!!! Great news :) Muchas gracias! Consulta gratis para todos!

Congratz!! :D I don't think hair was your primary concern at that moment and hope you enjoyed!

Something similar is also in Italy, as far as I've seen and been told, just that they don't let you change your clothes

Interesting, I didn't know that! But now that I think of it, it makes sense considering 60% of the population here are Italian descendant (myself included). So probably Italy is the place where the tradition was born :eye:
We also get our clothes cut, but they had mercy on me because it's really cold this time of the year!

wilderwein
June 26th, 2015, 04:50 AM
Oh I'm waiting for your impressions when you'll watch it!!! :popcorn:

Night_Kitten
June 26th, 2015, 07:02 AM
Congratulations!!! :D

Arctic
June 26th, 2015, 07:28 AM
Congratulations!!! What a wonderful tradition you have, but I have to say I'm glad we don't have similar here :D

texangrrl
June 26th, 2015, 10:27 AM
Congrats!!! :happydance: :cheer: :cheese: :toast:

DreamSheep
June 26th, 2015, 10:42 AM
Woohoo Congratulations!!! :) you must feel so happy relieved and awesome now - as you should because that is one big achievement!!! :D

((that tradition reminds me of my Uni... they also trash students when they come out of exams - in the first year of exams they are very grim with all sorts of food things, and in your last one they are very kind, trashing you with cheap champagne, confetti, flowers and "nice stuff").

lapushka
June 27th, 2015, 06:24 AM
This tradition called "een doop" (a baptism) is basically done in Belgium & The Netherlands when you join a university, they do it with all that are in first year, if you join the "sorority", well more like a "club" (there's only one per study choice).

Johannah
June 27th, 2015, 08:49 AM
CONGRATULATIONS!! :flower:

David W
June 27th, 2015, 10:08 AM
Congrats! Definitely messy, but probably a blast.

Rapunzel_to_be
June 27th, 2015, 04:07 PM
Yeaaaay!! Congratulations!!:cheer: <3 I'm graduating from med school next year, hope my friends won't throw anything on me hahaha :p