PDA

View Full Version : Look at my early b-day present

lora410
March 20th, 2008, 04:35 PM
I am so happy my honey bought me an early b-day present HERE (http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=10405224) I can't wait to get it!!!

Islandgrrl
March 20th, 2008, 04:39 PM
I am so happy my honey bought me an early b-day present HERE (http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=10405224) I can't wait to get it!!!

Ooooooooooo! That's pretty!!! Happy Early B-Day!

sweetkandi
March 20th, 2008, 04:41 PM
awww im jelous lol. Happy (early) B-Day!

Neoma
March 20th, 2008, 04:43 PM
Lora, I have a comb from this maker, and it is perfect in every way. The craftsmanship is flawless, the design is functional and unique, it's very light and holds like a dream.

Mine has two brass and one black glass beads.

In fact, I wore this fork today. It's one of my favs.

embee
March 20th, 2008, 04:49 PM
Lovely!

I enjoy the comment on the site - "great alternative to the pencil"...

dagonlilly
March 20th, 2008, 04:59 PM
oh wow that is nice

eadwine
March 20th, 2008, 05:05 PM
Wow!! Nice!

How are the very tips by the way? Rounded off proper? Anything blunt will not go through my hair, hence my asking :)

longinthehair
March 20th, 2008, 05:22 PM
It's everything Neoma says, and Eadwine, the tips are wonderfully rounded! I just received mine and I love it, so light and holds really well.

Elleyena
March 20th, 2008, 06:09 PM
how pretty! You lucky duck

thetokenlady
March 20th, 2008, 06:24 PM
That is so pretty! I'll confess to being a bit jealous, my b'day is next week and I don't think I'm getting hairtoys 'cause hubby is getting tired of hair stuff. I'd love a comb like that!

(Hubby did get me hair toys last year, if he goes from the ideas I sent him, I'll love whatever I get)

sapphire-o
March 20th, 2008, 06:30 PM
Ooh, pretty! Now I'm really tempted. :D Does anybody have their hair slides? Do they work well?

lora410
March 20th, 2008, 07:32 PM
well i sent him some links 2 forks and 2 sticks well the sticks were like 45$ or more so he told me I could pick out what I wanted so that I could wear it on my b-day. I have been eying one of these babys up since someone posted how great they were plus it only cost 20$ total. I only have 5 sticks 2 celluloid tortoise combs that I never wear and thats all that I have so I am working on a collection slowly. I am so glad to hear about all the great reviews this got though

lora410
March 20th, 2008, 07:32 PM
That is so pretty! I'll confess to being a bit jealous, my b'day is next week and I don't think I'm getting hairtoys 'cause hubby is getting tired of hair stuff. I'd love a comb like that!

(Hubby did get me hair toys last year, if he goes from the ideas I sent him, I'll love whatever I get)

Happy early b-day to you to. Mine is april the 2nd :D

lora410
March 20th, 2008, 07:34 PM
Lora, I have a comb from this maker, and it is perfect in every way. The craftsmanship is flawless, the design is functional and unique, it's very light and holds like a dream.

Mine has two brass and one black glass beads.

In fact, I wore this fork today. It's one of my favs.

I am glad another user love it so much. I can't wait to try it out since i wear tons of buns and french twist.They are the only style i can manage with my length and layers:rolleyes:

lora410
March 20th, 2008, 07:35 PM
Did i mention he loved this to since the top looks like a cloud :lol:

Xandergrammy
March 20th, 2008, 07:36 PM
Now I'm really, really envious. That is really beautiful!

walkinglady
March 20th, 2008, 07:47 PM
lora410, happy early birthday Your honey must be a real sweetie : ) He has great taste too, the piece is gorgeous. Make sure and show us pictures in action once you get it!

cuddledumplin
March 20th, 2008, 08:09 PM
That's pretty!

cindy58
March 20th, 2008, 08:11 PM
Beautiful -- can't wait to see the in-your-hair photo!

shrimp
March 21st, 2008, 05:43 AM
Happy Birthday!

You'll love it! I have *cough* a few (ok, ok 4) of his combs and I love them to bits! I even sent a photo of one to a friend (I used the birthday money she sent me to buy it) and she has since spent way too long scanning his site to pick one - not bad for someone who doesn't do hairtoys :lol:

I :inlove: mine so much - they have their own special box :oops: - and get worn far more than any other toy at the moment

Robinlyn
March 21st, 2008, 05:53 AM
That is soooo beautiful! That is going to look amazing in your hair! I can't wait to see a pic! How sweet your db is!! Happy early birthday!

Guenever
March 21st, 2008, 05:56 AM
No kidding? I checked out that comb the day before yesterday! I'm in love with all his combs -- too bad that the seller doesn't ship to Denmark -_- just bad luck I guess.. *sigh* very bad luck..

But sweet of him to buy it for you! Enjoy it! It looks both beautiful and comfy! :D

lavenderblue
March 21st, 2008, 06:00 AM
that's very nice. I love his barrettes/slides too, and those mixed media bracelets.

lora410
March 21st, 2008, 06:00 AM
Thank you ladies and I will be sure to post an action shot. My sweety has a nikon which is really a pain in the butt for taking hair shots myself. I'd ask him more but hes in college (hes 36) or interning so I always feel guilty asking him when he gets home since he's always so tired:o

Hypnotica
March 21st, 2008, 06:18 AM
No kidding? I checked out that comb the day before yesterday! I'm in love with all his combs -- too bad that the seller doesn't ship to Denmark -_- just bad luck I guess.. *sigh* very bad luck..

But sweet of him to buy it for you! Enjoy it! It looks both beautiful and comfy! :D

Are you sure? Have you asked him?

lora410
March 21st, 2008, 06:23 AM
I am so thrilled this comb got such great reviews!!!!

Patrycja
March 21st, 2008, 06:53 AM
wow.the more I see one of those the more I want one! Lets see some action shots when it does come in:cheese:

Rae~
March 22nd, 2008, 12:32 AM
Oh, wow, I just saw this thread and I too was only just looking at this seller's stuff yesterday.

A question, for anyone who has one of those forks - are the tines 'bendy' at all, or reasonably rigid??

Red Jezebel
March 22nd, 2008, 06:43 AM
That really is lovely.

I'm going to add my 2c worth and agree that this seller is wonderful - so cheap too. I bought a really nice copper hairslide (http://www.etsy.com/view_transaction.php?transaction_id=7103057) from him a while back. Holds very well.

I was tempted by some of his forks but was undecided. Pictures of it in use would be great!

eresh
March 22nd, 2008, 07:02 AM
That;s a great present!!
Very beautiful!

shrimp
March 22nd, 2008, 10:14 AM
*removes fork from bun*

Oh, wow, I just saw this thread and I too was only just looking at this seller's stuff yesterday.

A question, for anyone who has one of those forks - are the tines 'bendy' at all, or reasonably rigid??

Yup, they are quite flexible.

*puts fork back in bun*

Carina
March 22nd, 2008, 10:17 AM
That's a beautiful birthday gift.Lucky you!Have a happy birthday/Carina.

LifeisAdventure
March 22nd, 2008, 11:54 AM
Yay! More sepharb fans!

And happy early birthday to you dear! I hope it's a great one! :)

truepeacenik
March 22nd, 2008, 12:44 PM
I have a custom based on Brooke's time in Telluride:
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=9148110

I think this was the first long tine fork/comb he made.
the tines flex, but seem to return to the original shape when removed.

Sure, I have tweaks for this, but I love the light weight, the meaning behind the design (and I hope he does not make an identical one anytime soon-unless he uses my name for it :) ), and the materials.

Mely
March 22nd, 2008, 01:08 PM
The tines don't bend, as such, but they are slightly springy. But they don't bend the way wire would--they are stiff.

I've got three of his forks, and I love them! I love the idea of having beads on a fork (I'm bead obsessed), so I asked him if he could make me a fork that would allow me to change the beads--and he did! I must take some pictures of it -- I've been so busy at work I haven't had the camera out in ages.

Here is a link to the Etsy picture of my changable-bead fork (http://www.etsy.com/view_transaction.php?transaction_id=7512310). The loop is hinged and opens up so I can put my own beads on it. Beads have to have quite a big hole to fit on it--the popular "Pandora" beads (made to put on snake chain bracelets) work very well, and there are lots of them on Ebay and Etsy. I liked these beads so much that I bought a Pandora style necklace and bracelet to put them on. So now I have an expensive new obsession. :rolleyes:
Here is one of the Pandora beads I bought recently (http://www.etsy.com/view_transaction.php?transaction_id=7640449)(it is shown on a Pandora-style bracelet).

I also have two sterling silver hair forks on which you can change the beads. (two different styles)--and I am quite taken with them. I must get some pictures up of all my new goodies, too.

Robbi Dehlinger
March 22nd, 2008, 01:16 PM
Hi!

WOW! So pretty! That could hold Daine Witt's hair in a bun! (Last measurement in early 2000 was 13 ft)

Robbi

CountessDeJager
March 22nd, 2008, 01:30 PM
Thank you for showing off your fork, Lora. I've added the shop to my Etsy favorites now for future admiring. I liked the cloud design and since I like rain it looks rainy from the tines when not in use.

The seller's quote about being a "great alternative to the pencil" had me laughing though. I forgot about pencils being used as hairsticks sometimes. Instead my mind went to school where the principal gave every kid a pencil on their birthday. While a birthday pencil is nice, a birthday hairtoy sure is better so I thought it was funny the seller would reference the fork being a better gift to get than a pencil for a birthday. :o

coppercurls
March 22nd, 2008, 03:19 PM
Very pretty! Lucky girl.:)

Rae~
March 22nd, 2008, 05:41 PM
Mely, I for one would love to see photos of your forks. :flower:

Xandergrammy
March 22nd, 2008, 07:14 PM
Mely, I for one would love to see photos of your forks. :flower:

Me too, please!!!

Stagecoach
March 22nd, 2008, 08:15 PM
Wow, thats so beautiful! I love metel work type stuff, and that is just lovely!