PDA

View Full Version : *how's my hair "Routine"?!

sekenax
June 20th, 2015, 06:57 PM
Stupid thread I know sorry, surely is already a thread out there with the info I'm looking for but ah well....
So after 6 months of going without bleach I gave in to temptation(not quite yet lol) and booked highlights for this week.. So want to make sure can keep my hair as healthy as possible..
A bit of info - I wash my hair twice a week, once every fortnight with redken extreme shampoo and conditioner followed with herbal essance hello hydration mask.. To much protein leave my hair horrible though and struggling to find moisturising products!! I use coconut oil once a month aswell over night, the other times I wash my hair I usually use toni and guy cleanse for damaged hair although my hair is decent condition... Need help with moisture products please!! Don't have the best budget either :( but any advice be brill :D.. Sorry for awful grammar and spelling! Thanks :)

sekenax
June 20th, 2015, 07:07 PM
Iv orderd, Redken all soft conditoner, Joico intense hydrator, kerastase nutritive irosomie masquintese cheveuax... Will these help my hair once start bleaching again??? Have no clue what products have moisture are how do protein / moisture balance?! :P

meteor
June 20th, 2015, 07:20 PM
Your routine looks good to me. :thumbsup: I would suggest pre-poo oiling more frequently and also experimenting with LOC method (leave-in/liquid, oil, cream) for "sealing in" moisture for longer.

My biggest recommendation (if you are dead-set on getting highlights) is to load your hair with quite a bit of coconut oil (pre-treatment, leave it on overnight or longer, don't wash it out) before your salon appointment. Warn your hairdresser in advance - lots of hairdressers these days know that greasy hair with some coconut oil buffering is good protection during bleaching sessions, so hopefully she'll be onboard. (More on this: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=10495) Don't forget some good hydrolyzed protein packs before and especially after bleach - they are good for chemically processed hair as they help with temporary patch-repair. Aphogee 2-Step, Joico K-Pak, DIY gelatin treatments, etc. By the way, Redken Extreme Conditioner that you already use is good for that, and Redken Anti-Snap is a good leave-in with protein.

Also, I'd recommend researching and asking your colorist about some specialized treatment to help reduce peroxide damage, something like Olaplex. There is an ongoing thread on it here: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=124721 and here is an article that quickly explains how it's supposed to work: http://www.labmuffin.com/2015/04/how-does-olaplex-hair-treatment-work/

BoopBoop1
June 20th, 2015, 07:21 PM
Stupid thread I know sorry, surely is already a thread out there with the info I'm looking for but ah well....
So after 6 months of going without bleach I gave in to temptation(not quite yet lol) and booked highlights for this week.. So want to make sure can keep my hair as healthy as possible..
A bit of info - I wash my hair twice a week, once every fortnight with redken extreme shampoo and conditioner followed with herbal essance hello hydration mask.. To much protein leave my hair horrible though and struggling to find moisturising products!! I use coconut oil once a month aswell over night, the other times I wash my hair I usually use toni and guy cleanse for damaged hair although my hair is decent condition... Need help with moisture products please!! Don't have the best budget either :( but any advice be brill :D.. Sorry for awful grammar and spelling! Thanks :)
Something great to keep your ends moisturized is oiling them a little bit every day with a 100% natural coconut oil :)