PDA

View Full Version : Well that's the strangest and most painful place I have ever found my hair.

Nadine <3
June 17th, 2015, 10:45 PM
I was sitting in the bathroom digging at what I thought was a splinter stuck in my foot, trying to get it out. When I finally grabbed it I pulled out a good 2 inch light brown/blonette hair out of my foot. It hurt like heck but I couldn't help being impressed.

flickm
June 18th, 2015, 04:13 AM
How on earth did that manage to get embedded in your foot???!!

Jynkies
June 18th, 2015, 04:33 AM
hair splinters are a thing..

I had an inch long one along my collar bone one morning when I woke it..it was really rather unpleasant.

flickm
June 18th, 2015, 05:39 AM
hair splinters are a thing..

I had an inch long one along my collar bone one morning when I woke it..it was really rather unpleasant.

Thankfully it has NEVER happened to me!

schweedie
June 18th, 2015, 05:43 AM
Oh, ouch. I've had dog hairs do that quite a few times and it hurts like hell, but never one of my own. I imagine the hair must've been very tapered to be able to creep under your skin like that!

catasa
June 18th, 2015, 06:27 AM
Oh, that sounds horrible! I didnīt even know that could happen :bigeyes:

swords & roses
June 18th, 2015, 06:45 AM
I've had that happen after DH trims his beard. Nothing like getting stabbed in the foot by a thick hair like that! Ouch! I think the worst is when one of those hairs hides itself in my bra after doing laundry... :bigeyes:

Squiggy
June 18th, 2015, 06:47 AM
I have cat hairs do that from time to time, but never one of my own!

amanda_the_tall
June 18th, 2015, 08:14 AM
Yep! I've had this happen too! Ouchies

momschicklets
June 18th, 2015, 08:21 AM
Well now you know if you're ever in danger you can use your hair as a weapon! :luke::guns::boxer:

surruh
June 18th, 2015, 08:27 AM
I had no idea this was possible!!!!

meteor
June 18th, 2015, 08:28 AM
Ouch! I know it's a thing, and I have a friend (who has very fine individual hair strands) who gets hair splinters and even something like painful "paper cuts" on her hands from her hair.
This has never happened to me though... I don't know why, maybe it's about the individual surface structure and linked to the specific way that hair cuticles lie? :shrug:

Laurenji
June 18th, 2015, 08:35 AM
I've had this happen once. It wasn't nearly as long as that, but it was definitely a hair and definitely in my skin. I thought it was very strange that it could have worked its way in like that.

lapushka
June 18th, 2015, 08:35 AM
Well if that is not the strangest thing ever, I don't know what is. :)

DreamSheep
June 18th, 2015, 09:55 AM
Owchie!!
My dad would have this happen to him too - there would be the monthly time when he claims something is in his foot, and we find some embedded hair and pull it out with tweezers. :p

I guess when they say fine like a hair - they mean - sharp like a hair!

woodswanderer
June 18th, 2015, 10:32 AM
DH has gotten "splinters" from his beard hair. :crazyq: I thought he was nuts until it happened to me.

Duchess Fuzzy Buns
June 18th, 2015, 12:04 PM
When I first read your post Nadine, I thought you meant you had an ingrown hair on your foot. I had never heard of these "hair splinters" before. I am now thoroughly horrified. shudder:

Hairkay
June 18th, 2015, 12:07 PM
When I first read your post Nadine, I thought you meant you had an ingrown hair on your foot. I had never heard of these "hair splinters" before. I am now thoroughly horrified. shudder:

The same here.

TrapperCreekD
June 18th, 2015, 12:51 PM
Ouch! I had no idea that could happen. shudder:

missrandie
June 18th, 2015, 01:38 PM
I've had hair splinters and so has my husband, though the one I pulled out of the top of his foot was only embedded about 1/16th of an inch.

For me the bra ones are the worst!

rosieolie
June 18th, 2015, 01:44 PM
I once heard that hairdressers experience this quite a bit, since they're constantly working with hair. Never had it happen to me though.