PDA

View Full Version : Question about Microtrimming

Kaya
June 12th, 2015, 01:04 PM
Hullo LHC! I know, I know, there is an entire thread about microtrimming, but I don't have the patience to read through the entire thing looking for the answer to my silly little question. :o

How do you microtrim? Stupid question, but I honestly don't know. The only times I've trimmed my own hair was when I needed a fairly reasonable amount removed.

I use Feye's Self-Trim method. Can microtrimming be done using it? I suspect it's only the tiniest amount off? Will it work with that particular method, or is there a better way? I'm not the best self-trimmer, but I do ok. Mostly, I'm paranoid that I'll cut off too much.

Thanks in advance for any explanations/tips/advice. :flowers:

rosieolie
June 12th, 2015, 02:15 PM
Kaya,

I have used Feye's Self-Trim Method for microtrims and I really love it. I only take about 1/4-1/3 of an inch off. I'll admit that it takes me a long time, because I always start out a little nervous that I'll mess up. But I just take my time and remind myself that it's not really a big deal, since it's such a small amount. I haven't messed up yet, so it works for me.

You probably already know this since you self-trim anyway, but the best tip I've learned is to use actual hair-cutting shears. Makes all the difference. I just have a cheapie Conair pair, but they're a massive step up from regular scissors, in my opinion.

Sorry I don't have a lot of information to give. Hope that at least helps somewhat!

Mimha
June 12th, 2015, 02:28 PM
Hi Kaya.

Micro-trimming just means that you'll cut a very small amount of hair, whatever the method you use to do it. I personally also use Feye's method, either to trim, micro-trim or just "dust" my ends (= less than micro-trim^^) in order to level my hemline, for example.

Hope this sounds clear to you ? :)

LaurelSpring
June 13th, 2015, 03:15 PM
I use a version of Feyes. I pony band tight down the length with my head slightly down to keep it tight so it doesn't slip around too much. Then I slide my fingers down to the end and bring it around and snip off the teeny tiny itsy bitsy uneven bits at the end. Just enough to make it look straight. I do this once a month. Usually on the full moon. The other thing I do is part down the middle and bring each side forward. This time I tilt my head slightly back and slide my fingers tightly and evenly to the bottom and again just nip the tiniest bits at the end. This keeps my end healthy and nice and I still get plenty of growth.