PDA

View Full Version : Do you have short hair around your temple??

M.McDonough
June 10th, 2015, 02:52 AM
I myself have some short hairs which is kinda weird, but I do have some long hairs..is it natural? If so, then I probably suffer from OCD :S
What about you?

amino
June 10th, 2015, 03:07 AM
Yup! And framing my face, which I'm asuming is partially from the idiocy of temple hairs (which are always weird, short lengths), and partially because of the voraciousness of glasses (which is weird, because a lot of my short hairs reach my chin). It's a mystery.

Amber_Maiden
June 10th, 2015, 03:11 AM
Yes! I have short hairs at the base of my hairline (near my neck at the back), that don't grow long. Always bobby pinned up haha. :p Also, some baby hairs on my crown.

M.McDonough
June 10th, 2015, 04:58 AM
Yup! And framing my face, which I'm asuming is partially from the idiocy of temple hairs (which are always weird, short lengths), and partially because of the voraciousness of glasses (which is weird, because a lot of my short hairs reach my chin). It's a mystery.Wait.. if your short hairs reach your chin they're a bit long.. I was thinking 2.5 or 3 inches..

Anje
June 10th, 2015, 05:24 AM
I've got some really short ones where the hair transitions to peach fuzz, but also some shortish ones right above my ears that like to stick out after a few hours. All along my hairline, there are hairs a couple inches long.

Before puberty, I had this funny little half-inch fringe across my forehead that formed a line. That grew out or shed out when i was in middle school, but I didn't notice when it disappeared. Glad it's gone, though!

lapushka
June 10th, 2015, 05:43 AM
Try joining the club!
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=131555

BrunetteMermaid
June 10th, 2015, 09:16 AM
I do! Some little baby hairs and shorter bits.. nothing too mechanical though! :)

missrandie
June 10th, 2015, 09:26 AM
Count me in! I have a bunch of inch long hair making mini bangs across my forehead as well as at the temples.

Robot Ninja
June 10th, 2015, 09:36 AM
Yep, I have a bunch that are one or two inches long. My 12-year-old has them too, so it's not a going bald with age thing.

Saproxylic
June 10th, 2015, 09:37 AM
My temple hairs are normal length, but on both sides of forehead I have little tufts of short very blonde hairs. When I pin my fringe back, they stick out like crazy. They range from cute to dire horror depending on the formality of the errands I'm running :D

Arctic
June 10th, 2015, 11:24 AM
I do, and the same area is also thinner.

Larki
June 10th, 2015, 11:45 AM
Yes, around my ears. They've never grown very long, but are at least long enough to be tucked behind my ears.

Nadine <3
June 10th, 2015, 04:10 PM
Yes, I call then my devil horns. I have a head full of cowlicks so they stuck up straight...

Dragon Faery
June 10th, 2015, 05:44 PM
At my actual temples my hair grows pretty long. But just above that I have these sort of triangular indentations in my hairline where the hair is really thin and sparse and stays fairly short (an inch or so to several inches long). I normally don't mind, but when I'm trying to french braid it gets really annoying, as I have to adjust where I take sections of hair from in order to have even amounts of hair in each section.

For what it's worth, my hair is also thickest on top of my head and thinner below the tops of my ears, though at least that hair still grows long. That really messes with braid sections, too.

Emanon
June 12th, 2015, 11:27 AM
I've got some tiny hairs on each side of the forehead but my fringe hides them well, some longish ones around my ears (my glasses' dream is to devour them) and some even longer ones at the back of my neck. The ones on my forehead caused me so much teen angst, but nowadays I don't pay them much attention.

rosieolie
June 12th, 2015, 12:03 PM
I've had them forever. They're kind of fuzzy and very fine compared to the rest of my hair. I usually just let them be free to do what they please. Most of them are barely long enough to tuck behind my ears if they're being annoying.

seamstress
June 12th, 2015, 12:23 PM
I have a line of shorter hair running from one ear, up along the meet of my hairline and forehead, all the way to the next ear. When my hair is up, it usually sweeps to one side or the other (usually the left because there's a bit more of the tiny hairs there) as a really wispy side bangs. It used to bother me because I wanted a really sleek look, but now I let them curl out to the sides or whatever they decide to do that day. They go from being very short and nearly not there to about 5 inches long at the most, and they are some of the first things to wash out when I dye my hair.

Squiggy
June 12th, 2015, 12:28 PM
Yes! They're about 5 inches long or so, and that's their terminal. They aren't long enough to go back into an updo, and also too short to look like "romantic tendrils" of hair framing my face. Instead they just look messy.

longsword
June 12th, 2015, 01:10 PM
Yep, there are very fine almost blond hairs at my temples and in the back.

Alex Lou
June 12th, 2015, 05:56 PM
Yes, On either side I have strange hairs that never grow very long, some no more than 4 inches. They're all finer than the hair at the crown of my head, curlier, and less warm in color (more brown and less red). I got them when I hit puberty, btw.

Alex Lou
June 12th, 2015, 06:00 PM
Yes, I call then my devil horns. I have a head full of cowlicks so they stuck up straight...

Ha! That's what my FIL called mine once. He made it seam like a cute compliment at the time, but considering how we often don't get along, he might have meant it.

gthlvrmx
June 13th, 2015, 08:43 PM
Yes I have short hairs on my temples along with random longer hairs. It is perfectly normal.

curlylocks85
June 13th, 2015, 09:56 PM
I do, but it is not weird...