PDA

View Full Version : slow growing BANGS!! :/ am I the only one?

longhairmomof7
June 9th, 2015, 07:30 PM
My hair grows relatively fast, considering the horrible haircuts I've had in the past year, and losing a ton of length. I've still managed to make it back to BSL. But my bangs aren't moving... they are stuck I swear. I use all of the oils and still they grow super slow. Anyone else? Any tips? Thank you!! <3

Dragon Faery
June 10th, 2015, 05:38 PM
My bangs took FOREVER to get from the beginnings of growing them out around the age of 13 to past Chin length. I think it took 10 years for them to get consistently past my chin. Once they were long enough to finally stay in updos they started growing faster, though I do notice that some of the hairs around my face seem to have a consistently short terminal length. In the past 2 years most of what's left of my bangs has finally reached Waist length. But if you have hair like mine that grows more slowly around your face, it may just take a really long time. My best tip is just to avoid damaging them as much as possible so you don't lose any of that length to splits or trims. Wishing you luck!

longhairmomof7
June 10th, 2015, 08:04 PM
My bangs took FOREVER to get from the beginnings of growing them out around the age of 13 to past Chin length. I think it took 10 years for them to get consistently past my chin. Once they were long enough to finally stay in updos they started growing faster, though I do notice that some of the hairs around my face seem to have a consistently short terminal length. In the past 2 years most of what's left of my bangs has finally reached Waist length. But if you have hair like mine that grows more slowly around your face, it may just take a really long time. My best tip is just to avoid damaging them as much as possible so you don't lose any of that length to splits or trims. Wishing you luck!

Thank you so much for responding!! I'm trying to cater to them, in hopes it will help. I can't wait to make it to waist. I think my hair will get there in a couple years... these bangs... maybe 10 LOL sigh...

endlessly
June 10th, 2015, 08:43 PM
Whenever I've wanted bangs to grow out in the past, it does seem to take forever, but now that I like my bangs and don't want them to budge, they grow ridiculously fast. When I posted something a while back about my bangs growing too quickly (strange complaint, I know), I was told that the reason was most likely due to the amount of time I spent fiddling with them, which helped to stimulate the follicles and resulted in them growing faster. My hair in general tends to grow very quickly - I can get about 1.5-2 inches of growth per month - so I don't have too many tips except to make sure you're taking care of yourself inside and out. Drink plenty of water, eat nutritious foods, make sure you're stimulated your scalp, and just generally taking care of yourself.

Dragon Faery
June 11th, 2015, 03:06 AM
Thank you so much for responding!! I'm trying to cater to them, in hopes it will help. I can't wait to make it to waist. I think my hair will get there in a couple years... these bangs... maybe 10 LOL sigh...

You're welcome! I really hope it doesn't take you as long as it took me!

I like endlessly's advice, also. :)

longhairmomof7
June 11th, 2015, 07:50 AM
Whenever I've wanted bangs to grow out in the past, it does seem to take forever, but now that I like my bangs and don't want them to budge, they grow ridiculously fast. When I posted something a while back about my bangs growing too quickly (strange complaint, I know), I was told that the reason was most likely due to the amount of time I spent fiddling with them, which helped to stimulate the follicles and resulted in them growing faster. My hair in general tends to grow very quickly - I can get about 1.5-2 inches of growth per month - so I don't have too many tips except to make sure you're taking care of yourself inside and out. Drink plenty of water, eat nutritious foods, make sure you're stimulated your scalp, and just generally taking care of yourself.

Awesome!!!! I haven't measured my growth but I believe my hair grows about that fast as well. Last may I was at the very end of BSL, I got 8 to 9 inches cut off, and a horrible highlight that destroyed my hair. In one year I have gotten my hair cut every 3 months to get all the damage out. March I had a few inches cut off to get my hair growing out without looking awful... I am now back to BSL. That was a lot LOL. But in the meantime, my bangs that were cut in March also to get a fresh start, have only grown like 1/4 of a inch... I am going to do more massages to see if that will help LOL. I may get tired and just keep bangs. I can go with either and have a nice look.. but to pull everything back is easier LOL

Nadine <3
June 11th, 2015, 10:01 AM
Pin your bangs up and away from your face everyday for several months. When I want my bangs to grow that's what I do, otherwise they hang in my face and don't seem like they're doing anything. If they're out of my face for several months and then I let them down, I'm surprised at how much longer they are.

Anje
June 11th, 2015, 10:05 AM
When you have bangs, they grow absurdly fast.

When you don't want to have bangs anymore, they won't grow.

They KNOW!

Sterlyn
June 11th, 2015, 10:10 AM
When you have bangs, they grow absurdly fast.

When you don't want to have bangs anymore, they won't grow.

They KNOW!

LOL :rollin: this is so true.......