PDA

View Full Version : Another lurker just joined!

ThingitHair
June 9th, 2015, 03:19 AM
Hi all!

I've been lurking here for about a month now, and finally decided it was time to join, this seems like an awesome community with great people! And hair! :o

A little introduction: I've just rediscovered my love for my hair (wow, that sounds cheesy...) after having it cut to chin/shoulder length for the past 5½ years (since just before my first child was born.) I had pretty long hair before, well not compared to some here, but about waist length. And I imss it! I've also lives most of my life thinking my hair was more or less straight, a little unmanageamble, with some body to it. Until I recently started looking in to caring for it properly and discovered some serious wave - and even curl! Seems my hair is somewhere between 2b-3a, depending a little on styling and how long since last wash. (3a on wash day, then gradually dropping. And the underlayer at the nape of my neck may even be 1c-2a.)

Anyway, I'm looking forward to being part of this community and learning from all you hair-guru-people out there! Out of the shadows. :p

Wusel
June 9th, 2015, 11:20 AM
Welcome! :)

Daylilly
June 9th, 2015, 02:51 PM
Welcome. I am glad you are rediscovering the joys of long hair! It is amazing to me the things I never knew about haircare for my whole life until now at 38 thanks to LHC.

Hairkay
June 9th, 2015, 02:55 PM
Hello and welcome

lapushka
June 9th, 2015, 03:05 PM
Welcome! :)

Sarahlabyrinth
June 9th, 2015, 03:08 PM
Welcome! You will find lots of encouragement here to grow lovely long hair.

elsieivy
June 10th, 2015, 01:15 PM
Welcome! Previously undiscovered waves and curls are so exciting!

Dragon Faery
June 10th, 2015, 05:15 PM
Welcome! Your curl pattern sounds similar to mine! 2c/3a on top, 2a/b/c in the middle, and 1b/c-ish at the nape. :) Happy growing! :cheer:

ThingitHair
June 11th, 2015, 10:04 AM
Thanks you, all! :) Dragon Fler, yes that sound about correct. :D I'm browsing through threads like a crazy person, there's so much to learn!

(Please excuse any spelling or gramatical errors, it's moster due to autocorrect, and English not being my first language.)

Dragon Faery
June 16th, 2015, 11:42 PM
Thanks you, all! :) Dragon Fler, yes that sound about correct. :D I'm browsing through threads like a crazy person, there's so much to learn!

(Please excuse any spelling or gramatical errors, it's moster due to autocorrect, and English not being my first language.)

Haha! When I was new I spent tons of time browsing through everything! Enjoy your learning! :)
Spelling and grammar errors are forgiven. :) May I ask what your first language is?

ThingitHair
August 11th, 2015, 11:39 AM
Haha! Whens I was new I spent tons of time browsing through everything! Enjoy your learning! :)
Spelling and grammar errors are forgiven. :) May I ask what your first language is?

I am. Enjoying it! :D I'm Swedish, and while typing on my tablet the keyboard gets confused and keep wanting to replace the English words with Swedish ones, (or just mumbo jumbo ;)), so that's not helping. I mostly use my phone or the computer, though. Of course, writing in another language can never be the same as communicating in one's native tounge, but I actually find it a little liberating! :)