PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of these clips?

BlndeInDisguise
March 20th, 2008, 03:42 PM
I saw this clips at Walgreens today, and am wondering if anybody here uses them, and whether or not they would be damaging to use in my hair.

http://www.walgreens.com/beauty/product.jsp?CATID=100840&navAction=jump&navCount=0&skuid=sku1401784&id=prod1401794#description

spidermom
March 20th, 2008, 04:02 PM
I use something that looks like that. They're plastic and the teeth aren't sharp. Check those teeth!

aprilmay
March 20th, 2008, 04:03 PM
plastic slips out of my hair or breaks

birthmarkie
March 20th, 2008, 04:08 PM
I have those! I don't think they are damaging, but be warned that they are very small. The tiniest clips I have ever had. I've used them...once.

BlndeInDisguise
March 20th, 2008, 04:22 PM
I thought they were metal when I looked at them there, but I wasn't paying too much attention to what they were made of. As long as they won't damage my hair, I think they'll work for what I want to use them for.

sweetkandi
March 20th, 2008, 04:34 PM
I think that if they were metal, that they might snag the hair, if they are plastic, I would buy them. I had a clip kinda like that (metal) and sometimes it would snag my hair. No fun, ripped a couple hairs. But it was a larger clip...

Cinnamon Hair
March 20th, 2008, 04:55 PM
I have the same style clips in a pack of 4, but not from scunci. Mine are from Sephora in burgandy colored metal.
The best way to find out if they are hair friendly is to open the beak and run your finger along the outside edges top and bottom. If there are rough spots then you will have to file them smooth using a nail file or sandpaper. Once they are smooth they should be ok.

birthmarkie
March 20th, 2008, 04:58 PM
I thought they were metal when I looked at them there, but I wasn't paying too much attention to what they were made of. As long as they won't damage my hair, I think they'll work for what I want to use them for.

Yes, they are metal.