PDA

View Full Version : 6th Year LHC Anniversary!

Savvyhorsez
June 4th, 2015, 04:51 PM
Yep, it's that time of year again! Been here for 6 years now and I think I have finally found a natural solution to my dandruff issues! Instead of buying expensive shampoos with coal tar in them and oils that did help, I found online that mixing 1 tablespoon of baking soda with a cup of water and massaging that onto my scalp has been really helping my dandruff just as good or better than the shampoos! I haven't measured my hair yet, or have gotten a good length shot yet, but I plan to soon to update you all on that if it has grown any. :) Thank you all my friends here at the LHC!

Sarahlabyrinth
June 4th, 2015, 05:14 PM
Congratulations on your 6th anniversary! Looking forward to pictures:)

EdG
June 4th, 2015, 07:57 PM
Happy sixth anniversary!
Ed

yogagirl
June 4th, 2015, 07:58 PM
Congratulations! So glad you found a routine that works for you. I've never heard about that baking soda trick, thanks for sharing :)

bte
June 5th, 2015, 03:23 AM
Happy anniversary and look forward to the pics!

lapushka
June 5th, 2015, 03:59 AM
Happy anniversary. Personally, I can't handle BS on my hair/scalp, but if it works for you, all the better! Congrats again, and I'm looking forward to pictures as well. :D

Savvyhorsez
June 15th, 2015, 07:51 PM
Thank you all so very much!

I have not forgotten my post, but it has been windy here the past couple of weeks, and you know what that means with fine thin hair, it blows all over the place so you can't see how long it actually is unfortunately, and I can't seem to get pictures to turn out inside, but I did measure my hair, the very few longest strands are around 67 inches, so that means less than an inch of growth all year?! I did start a new job that is inside with no natural light which I am thinking may be the cause since I was outside all of the time, but what if it's the abbreviated four letter word?! I'm not ready for that and won't be for an extremely long time!

Amapola
June 15th, 2015, 08:46 PM
Congrats on your anniversary, I hope the wind dies down so we can see length shots.

I've heard of others having a stall in growth and then the hair starts growing again. In fact it has happened to me. So perhaps this is just temporary? I hope so!

Shepherdess
June 15th, 2015, 09:02 PM
Congratulations on your LHC anniversary! It is great that you have been here so long!! I have admired your hair during my stay here and glad that you are part of this community! :) That is also exciting that you have found something that helped the dandruff. I think that the natural way is always the best!! :D I really would love to see new length photos, hope you are able to take some! :)

Savvyhorsez
July 4th, 2015, 06:33 AM
Finally a day without much rain and wind, I got a quick picture! :D

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=18021&d=1436013183

Amapola
July 4th, 2015, 08:00 AM
Oh wow! Just LOOK how long your hair is! Fantastic and may it get even longer. :thumbsup:

Horrorpops
July 4th, 2015, 08:24 AM
Amazing hair!!! And surely not term yet :p I always find I have growth problems when I don't get enough natural light :)

Savvyhorsez
July 6th, 2015, 07:58 PM
Thank you so very much! :flower:

gthlvrmx
July 6th, 2015, 07:59 PM
I am amazed! Your hair is beautiful! :)

meteor
July 6th, 2015, 08:08 PM
Happy anniversary, Savvyhorsez! Your hair is incredible! :joy: :cake:

Savvyhorsez
July 7th, 2015, 04:34 AM
Aw, thank you both! I just realized that one part of my hair on the left side looks like it's cut off! I'm happy to report that it is not! :)

ravenheather
July 7th, 2015, 04:52 AM
Your hair is gorgeous. I had a year long stall at 27 inches. Solved with vitamin d supplements. So the change in work environment may be the culprit.

Neecola
July 7th, 2015, 11:50 AM
Happy anniversary; your hair is lovely!!

FallingDarkness
July 7th, 2015, 04:48 PM
Wow! Just drop dead gorgeous!!! Your hair is so long and beautiful - congratulations!!!

Cowgirl16
July 7th, 2015, 05:04 PM
Happy Anniversary! Your hair looks great!:o

Beatnik Guy
July 8th, 2015, 04:58 PM
Finally a day without much rain and wind, I got a quick picture! :D

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=18021&d=1436013183

Awesome long! :)
Happy 6th anniversary.

Savvyhorsez
July 9th, 2015, 04:32 AM
Thank you all so very much! :)

vpatt
July 10th, 2015, 12:27 PM
Your hair is beautiful.....congratulations!

Agnes Hannah
July 11th, 2015, 04:06 PM
Beautiful hair savvyhorsez, and it is fine too! That is really really cool! Mine is fine and I didn't think it would grow as long as it has at present, but you have given me some real inspiration. Another finey hair idol to add to my collection. Congrats on your hairiversary, thank you so much for sharing!

Savvyhorsez
July 15th, 2015, 04:53 AM
Aw, thank you all ever so much!:)

brickworld13
July 15th, 2015, 05:55 AM
Congratulations! Your hair is quite lovely. :cake: for everyone.

Savvyhorsez
July 17th, 2015, 04:39 AM
Thanks Brickworld13!

nakima
July 17th, 2015, 12:57 PM
what an inspiration you are! Nice growth and pretty hair! your hair is 31 inches longer than mine! wow! lol!

Agnes Hannah
July 17th, 2015, 01:37 PM
I had to come back for another look Savvyhorsez, not that I'm a stalker or anything! Please could you tell me what your routine is what shampoo and condish do you use, how do you wear your hair daily and at night? How often do you trim S&D? Thank you!x