PDA

View Full Version : uneven growth

copperlites
June 2nd, 2015, 04:21 PM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17501&d=1433282452
This is a picture of my dirty hair on 1st June. I had been taking length shots around the middle the month , as that is when I joined LHC and wanted to switch to the 1st, to be more in line with everyone else.
You can see how much my hair has grown since joining LHC mid Feb from the lines on the T - shirt, I have also had a ½ - 1 inch trim at the salon in mid April.
I am finding it it is growing very uneven as you can see from the ends. So last night I enlisted Hubby to trim the ends. He did not trust himself so had ordered a crea clip to help with this, He did a great job and trimmed off less than ½ inch, just neatening up the ends.
I am very tempted to cut back to the side layered bits, which are a bit wrecked from my re LHC stylist using thinning shears on it, but I don't really want to lose the length at the back as i am keen to get to waist length. Also, on good days i like the shorter bits at the front.
What are driving me NUTS is all the new growth... notice the flyaway whiskies at my left hand ear....I am convinced this is the result of using the inversion method once a month and taking biotin and silica supplements. Of course, new growth is a good sign and will thicken up my hair, but it is so MESSY when in undos etc.
I have noticed a lot less shedding and my hair is growing approximately 3/4 to 1 inch a month. I think i have about 4 inches to go to waist length so i'm hoping to be there by Christmas!

FuzzyBlackWaves
June 2nd, 2015, 04:25 PM
Uneven growth isn't a cause for concern by itself - it'll all get to waist eventually! I have the same problem and what I plan on doing is getting to my next goal (hip) and then maintaining so all the little short bits can catch up. You have very pretty, healthy looking hair and it seems as though you'll be at waist in no time.