PDA

View Full Version : Links opening multiple times, 100% CPU, not responding

Airmide
March 20th, 2008, 03:37 PM
I apologize if this has been posted before, I only had a chance to briefly scan the site support area.

I thought this was just happening when I opened links from my email but now it's happening whenever I open a new link. And it's only happening with LHC, not any other websites.

I open the link, and it functions fine for a minute. Then everything locks up. I open the Task Manager and it shows CPU at 100%, every page from LHC as "not responding" and often there are double entries of the same page even though on my taskbar it only shows as one.

Any ideas? Thanks!!

akurah
March 20th, 2008, 04:19 PM
Sounds like a possible virus... if you have a virus checker, make sure that it's up to date and run a scan. If you do not, get one. There's a number of free options available.

Airmide
March 20th, 2008, 04:32 PM
Thanks for the response. Could a virus really only affect browsing on ONE site though? I have resident anti-virus and it runs a check every morning and hasn't found any problems. I am probably overdue for a spybot check as well. I was just assuming since this is *only* happening with LHC and no other websites or forums I visit that it might be a site issue.