PDA

View Full Version : No trimming club!

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8

Dani
November 21st, 2009, 10:48 AM
I'm going for it! I feel like I'm really ready. I've always loved to cut my hair (for the healthy ends and the fun of it), but I really want my hair longer now, and methinks this is the right way to do it for me this year, or for how ever long until my hair really needs a trim. And hopefully it'll just need to be a dusting.

When my dd was 1 I chopped my MBL ALL virgin hair (took a long time to get there!) to shoulders (because baby kept yanking on it if I forgot to put it up and it was all driving me bonkers :p), then a couple days later to chin, then even shorter, and I couldn't stand ANY of the hair that I had on my head, so I cut it into a pixie. Which is Very hard to do by yourself!

The 2 1/2 years or whatever it's been since then has really just been me trying hard to get used to having longer and longer hair (longer than pixie-length that is). It was a hard transition for me! I'd never had hair that short, and while I didn't feel right with short-short hair, it was just too easy for me to have fun cutting it and playing around with it, and not getting any longer. I could be past BSL right now if I was ready to grow and grow after the pixie, but every time since then that it's gotten longer than chin length or something, I would trim it up. I've just always had this 'thing' about blunt ends (so anyone's who's grown out a pixie can probably see where I'm coming from ;^p).

But now I'm finally just about shoulder-length! It is awesome. I can almost put it all up in a ponytail. It's usually down, in a half-ponytail (all hair up, but only half-looped through), or in pigtail half-loops. My hair is so soft and I'm getting my waves back, and I just want to grow it. The ends are fine, they don't need to be trimmed for a long time. And I'm SO excited to be able to braid it again! I do french and english braids on the front canopy area hair, but am only at the beginning stage of being able to do pigtail braids, which were always my favorite when it was long. Anyway, I can do this. I'm sure I can get the support I will probably need here! But my goals are small, so I should be fine with that... like my first goal is to get all my hair in a ponytail, then get pigtail braids... then my braids will just get longer and longer. ;^) I've been meaning to talk about all this on here for years now! lol ... finally discussed it. :p:D

Francoise1606
November 22nd, 2009, 02:06 AM
I think I'm going to join this too! I am really interested to see how long my hair would grow in a year if I don't cut it. I haven't had any trims since august 13th ( I think). But Now I'm going to be aware of the fact that I don't cut it:)

Iron0Maiden
November 25th, 2009, 09:33 AM
Hey, I've been wondering this for quite a while now: What exactly ARE fairytale ends? Can you show me some pictures so I can know?

Belisarius
November 25th, 2009, 10:05 AM
I don't have pictures, but it is what hair looks like if you only do S&D.
I want to join too, my last cut was in summer of '07.

JenniferNoel
November 25th, 2009, 10:30 AM
Count me in! I haven't done any trimming (except maybe the occasional S&D in extreme cases of boredom) since May (when I had damage and needed to cut 7 inches off :mad:). No more trimming for me! :cool:

jel
November 25th, 2009, 10:45 AM
Hey, I've been wondering this for quite a while now: What exactly ARE fairytale ends? Can you show me some pictures so I can know?

Fairytale ends are non-blunt ends, sometimes achieved by layers that have grown out, but mostly naturally grown without regular trimming. For pictures have a look at this thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=10634&highlight=fairytale). Also, my profile picture and most of my pics in the "Henna" album! :D

ETA: And a very warm welcome to all new non-trimmers!

Lapin
November 25th, 2009, 08:51 PM
hey - i want in! right now my hair is halfway between my chin and shoulders :/ it's hung out around there for a few years, and i am so tired of having it short! i always get my hair to my shoulders, get frustrated, and chop it off into a short pseudo-pixie bob thing.

hopefully, this club will help keep me focused - i'm going as long as i can get it!

Kitten87
November 25th, 2009, 09:59 PM
I just stopped trimming/cutting in September. I had cut off all my dyed/fried hair to start over fresh with healthy hair.

My hair is only 3-5 inches long (depending on where I'm measuring)

Lapin
November 26th, 2009, 05:40 AM
yay! another shorty-hair!

i get so jealous of people with long flowing hair growing it even longer and more beautiful - it's nice to see someone else just starting out :)

Iron0Maiden
November 27th, 2009, 04:13 PM
Lapin, the best thing to do would defiantly be dont let scissors tough your hair more than every 3 months.

turtlelover
November 27th, 2009, 07:11 PM
I've decided not to trim until May of next year. :-)

HoneyBun
November 27th, 2009, 07:20 PM
Ok, I'm in! I'm fed up with the vicious cycle of trimming, initially feeling happy, then getting frustrated that I have no real growth and then being miserable that I'm getting behind in length.

I'm going for terminal, and no trims!

rumi
November 29th, 2009, 06:23 PM
This is excellent, when I was younger I always loved how my fairytail (though I didn't know back then thats what they were called) ends looked tapering so gracefully to the small of my back but like many others I felt pressured into having the ends cut off to even it out again and again and again. So I've decided to grow it out again and this time nobody is going to pressure me to go have a trim to even the ends out. Roll on S&D! I'm fed up of asking the hairdresser to take half an inch off and feeling like crying when I come out missing 2/3 inches because she decided to even it out.

I think as it stands at the minute its been about 3 months since I had it cut and I've already seen a huge difference that has been commented on by several work colleagues and it really is wonderful to pull my hair over my shoulder and see its new length.

I hope to have a long faithful and rewarding relationship with my new pair of scissors :D

Peregrine
December 1st, 2009, 09:46 PM
Fell off the wagon :( Cut off 1/2" to 1" about a month ago. I didn't trim for about 15 months though.

lucys
December 2nd, 2009, 04:29 AM
This is probably going to sound silly, but my dad is not well. I've decided that while he's still with us, or until the prognosis changes, I am not going to cut my hair. I don't know why this makes me feel better, but it does, sort of.

hmmm
December 2nd, 2009, 08:29 AM
Does anyone experience ends that are prickly? I don't know how to describe them other than prickly... I keep getting this issue even though they aren't dry or damaged, but it goes away again. What's going on?

metalgypsy85
December 2nd, 2009, 08:45 AM
I'm at four months without a trim! I'm going for 12 at least.

MrsGuther
December 2nd, 2009, 11:39 AM
I went from August 2008 to August 2009 without trimming. I got about 1/2 inch trimmed off and I am back on the "no trimming" bandwagon now. :) I have finally surpassed BSL again, and it feels so good to be able to see my progress! My hair was just below my chin when I decided to start growing it out again, and now it is at BSL. I am very please with my growth so far! My husband wants me to grow my hair to classic length. I am looking forward to reaching waist length first though!

talecon
December 2nd, 2009, 02:57 PM
Im not trimming anymore. I told myself that last year but I was trying to grow my hair in a V shape and my hair is very thin and was growing unevenly so it didnt look right so I had to give it a trim to even out the ends a little bit. Then I gave it another trim (actually the baby dad did) because my hair is mostly wavy/curly and the ends were straight so I figured it was damaged and needed another trim. In all I think I cut off about 4 inches which made it look like my hair hasn't grown at all in a year. So I won't trim for a year, maybe 2 :P

georgia_peach
December 2nd, 2009, 03:04 PM
This is probably going to sound silly, but my dad is not well. I've decided that while he's still with us, or until the prognosis changes, I am not going to cut my hair. I don't know why this makes me feel better, but it does, sort of.

I'm sorry about your father, and your decision isn't silly at all! I have a similar circumstance with my Mom. (That's her and me in my avatar picture from the 1970s.) Take care and happy growing to you!

lucys
December 3rd, 2009, 11:10 AM
Thanks georgia_peach. You are very kind.

Lx

georgia_peach
December 3rd, 2009, 03:18 PM
Anytime! And I'm enjoying the conversation:D

Oz
December 4th, 2009, 04:09 PM
I havent had mine cut since i was seven (19 now) and that was cuase mum dragged me to the hair dressers.. I like the natural look, id take dred locks but what i have is bouncy and shiny so Not fancy destroying it.

juliesglory
December 6th, 2009, 07:07 PM
i never trimmed my hair since it started growing back from a bald shave, i'm a little bit past shoulder length now with the shortest layers at chin length...
don't have any split ends at all so far, my hair is virgin, never dyed, never blow dryed or any of that. i'm not planning on ever cutting a hair off my head, may i join in the club :cheese:

bubbles_87
December 6th, 2009, 07:19 PM
So I just cut my hair off 1 inch a week ago its chin length now but im excited because its all in one length my bangs are catching up!

My goal is to not trim my hair until December 2010! *cross my fingers* I get so bored with my hair, cut it then regret it lol so i really need to be strict with myself

bridgetsgirl
December 6th, 2009, 11:47 PM
I stopped trimming when I joined LHC this summer...but then, I was at jaw length and trimming wouldn't have been conducive to growing from so short! I want to see my hair at its longest someday, with fairytale ends.

hmmm
December 7th, 2009, 11:54 AM
I haven't trimmed since August, and not going to consider it until August 2010. Maybe I can stretch it a bit after that as well, we'll see.

HildeMV
December 7th, 2009, 10:45 PM
I have made it from february without trimming already :D

xladolcevitax
December 10th, 2009, 06:53 AM
I havent trimmed since the end of June, so its nearly been 6 months now. My last big trim before that was July 08, and a good couple of inches were taken off to get rid of some serious bleach damage.. after that I did some microtrims myself.

My hair is now armpit length at the longest parts. I feel like im finally getting somewhere now after 2 and a half years of trimming to get rid of bleach damage and horrible layers.

I still have some layers and highlights/damage, but my hair is in good enough condition to just let it grow now until I reach my goal of waist length, then I will trim to maintain and gradually get rid of the colour damage and layers.

So I vow to not trim for a year at least from now onwards, then I will review and trim a tiny bit if its *really* neccessary! Ive always hated trimming and always regret it afterwards.

BonnyJ
December 31st, 2009, 02:21 PM
I'm a "No Trimmer". Haven't seen scissors since 1998 and never want to again. Is this how I join?

Thank you
Take care

thelittleredfox
December 31st, 2009, 02:29 PM
I had my last trim in November 2008... I tend to have one tiny trim a year and I am reaching the point where my hair could do with it now. I have a fair few splits and the ends feel dry, but I never have more than an inch taken off. My hair is TB length.

Robbi Dehlinger
January 2nd, 2010, 01:12 AM
Have not had one in 2 years

Beaglebuddy
January 2nd, 2010, 07:01 AM
I am officially joining the no trimming club. On Jan. 6, it will be three months since my last trim. I am going to attempt to get from Jan 2010 to Jan 2011 no trimming at all. This will be a challenge as my hair gets very tangly and usually after 3-4 months I have had to trim. I am doing oiling and conditioning treatments to get past the 3-4 month urge to cut.

Pixna
January 2nd, 2010, 07:39 AM
I made it through 2009 with no problem, so I'm rejoining for 2010!! Next stop, APL and beyond -- woohooooo!!!

Juanita
January 2nd, 2010, 08:16 AM
I haven't trimed since Nov 06 just ocassional s&d. But my hair has gone from B/S to waist in that time. I think I have had breakage from the dye. Wish the ends were a bit thicker but they are slowly getting there. I wear it up most of the time. When feeling dry I use a heavy shea butter treatment on the ends before I go to bed.Its mostly absorbed by morning. Then I just wear it up in a bun so you can't see ends. I use coconut oil on my hair after washing. I use a Vegan shampoo and conditioner that contains no sles,sls,als,ales, parabens, mineral oil.
Leaves hair feeling super hydrated and soft.

TressMeister
January 2nd, 2010, 08:32 AM
I've not cut or trimmed in this millennium, so count me in

I feel it is mainly cutting hair that makes it split, and most of my longer, fairytale ends are now the originals that grew from my scalp. The few splits I do find, usually when idling in the sunshine, tend to have a tiny white "node" above them, and pull off easily at that point, leaving also something of a natural end.

Until the last year or so I was not as careful with my hair as I am now, so I do have a "halo" of broken-off hair, very few of which are split.

TressMeister
January 2nd, 2010, 08:35 AM
Forgot to mention how much I love the way old, sun-bleached fairy tale ends look sticking out of a messy up-do. Some days I tuck them, some days they just peak out, some days I let them flop all over a bun to my shoulders. I'd really miss these if I trimmed!

Stormcast
January 15th, 2010, 02:27 PM
Hello! I was wondering if I could join? My new-years (2010) resolution is to not trim! (for how long, time will only tell)I am aiming for at least a year, and see how it goes!

Sammich
January 16th, 2010, 08:22 AM
Yes! I am not planning to trim untill next year! :) I hope I can keep my hands away from those skizzors...

cleanbug
January 16th, 2010, 09:27 AM
I plan on going 12 months with no trim. My last trim was Sept. 2009 & I finally got rid of ALL the boxed haircolor ends. I have gone 4 months (usually at this point I feel I need a trim) & no dry ends! Yay for henna. I will see how my hair feels in Sept.2010. It will probably need an 1/2" to 1" off at that point.

2peasinapod
January 16th, 2010, 10:31 AM
I haven't trimmed since june/july (to get rid of the mullet of DOOM), and I plan to keep on growing without trims! Good luck to everybody! 8)

catysue
January 16th, 2010, 01:38 PM
For me, I am not trimming until I reach waist, and maybe even a little bit longer than that. My hair is layered but thick, and even though I FEEL like I have fairytale ends, my hemline is pretty thick and even (I wouldn't say blunt) I do have a lot of splits, so I S&D often.

Once I reach waist, I will re-evaluate. My next goal after waist is hip, but I might maintain at waist for a while to cut off damage/even out my layers.

eamane
January 16th, 2010, 04:06 PM
Perhaps this is something for me? :) No trimming in 2010! I had a major cut in December, about two dm and will now grow it back out.

marimara
January 16th, 2010, 04:45 PM
I don't plan on trimming this year at all unless I develop split ends. Which hopefully won't happen :)

mrs_b
January 16th, 2010, 04:56 PM
My last trim was on May 5th last year. Yet last week I was going to make an appointment to get a trim but thanks to TLHC I changed my mind. My new plan is to take care of my hair, moisture it and treat gently and have an eye on my dry ends and canopy. The good thing is that I don't have split ends, yaaay :cheese:

lilravendark
January 16th, 2010, 04:56 PM
count me in I've decided not to trim mine this year and see how it goes. Ultimately I'm not going to trim it until I can S&D without having to bend over backwards :D

Tonks
January 16th, 2010, 05:41 PM
I'll join! I haven't had a trim since June or so, mostly because I've been too lazy to go in, and now I'm glad that I was :) I can imagine I need a good S&D, though.

Gabbie
January 16th, 2010, 07:27 PM
I am joining again for this year. My last haircut was Nov. 11, 2008. I don't plan on cutting again for a very long time.

Stormcast
January 17th, 2010, 04:03 PM
Once I reach waist, I will re-evaluate. My next goal after waist is hip, but I might maintain at waist for a while to cut off damage/even out my layers.
Yeah, I plan on doing that same thing myself. I dont want to lose any length untill I am at least a little past my short-term goal.

vintersaga
January 21st, 2010, 08:36 AM
I won't trim this year unless S&D.:) Last trim was in november 2009. I still don't have many split ends so I'll see how far I can take this. :cheer:

cmnt831
January 21st, 2010, 09:09 AM
I'm in! Hair has not been touched by scissors since 2008 - mostly that was a case of benign neglect - but I'd like to keep it up for the time being :D.

bte
January 21st, 2010, 10:20 AM
Good luck everybody with their 2010 resolutions. I'm a "life member" of this thread, not having trimmed since June 1994.

kmangus
January 21st, 2010, 11:56 AM
Hello all! I am joining this club for a year to see how it goes. I will hold you all responsible for the dissapearence of my scissors and for the lack of stress from cutting. :twisted: If I dont trim this whole year I will finally meet my first goal of waist!! And just because I am curious, if in the event that i ever feel the need to trim, is it all right to post about it here and have you guys convince me not to? That would be a big help! :silly:

Rusalka
January 21st, 2010, 12:12 PM
I am joining the no trimming club! I love fairy-tail ends :)

I am only three month in so far. It was a cry of desperation at first. A familiar story most people who want to grow long hair have encountered for years. I had not found a hairdresser who is willing to trim off the ends for me without giving me a super short cut. I've tried for almost a year to grow my hair and every time I go for a trim, I end up with even shorter hair then before. I am finally at shoulder length and happily on my way to waist :) I am looking forward to fairly tail ends :)

Fireweed
January 21st, 2010, 12:15 PM
Still in the club at this point on.

feralnature
January 21st, 2010, 04:11 PM
Still a member in good standing :)

I have not had a trim since November 2007, a few months before my avatar pic was taken.

My hair is quite long now, past BSL, I will eventually get a new pic up.

walterSCAN
January 21st, 2010, 05:44 PM
::raises hand::

Oo! Oo! I wanna be in this club! This year anyway... I plan to not do any trims until next January and see how much longer my hair gets. I haven't trimmed or even S&D'd since May 09 (the big chop--8"-- huge for me given I hadn't cut it in 5-6 years before that, just trimming)

I think I'm going to let it grow until I'm happy with the length (somewhere near my ?goal?) and then maintain to keep a full hemline.

luluj
January 21st, 2010, 07:33 PM
I would love to join!! I haven't had so much as a trim since April 22nd, 2009. My hair was cut "down to the wood" to rid myself of dyed, dried, unhealthy hair. I am now able to wear a small pony-tail for the very first time since my chop. This coming April will be one year with no trims and I plan to keep growing!

vintersaga
January 22nd, 2010, 12:39 PM
Good luck everybody. :flower:

Othala
January 22nd, 2010, 12:45 PM
It's been 15 months of no trimming and I'm still here.

elina333
January 22nd, 2010, 12:51 PM
Im in! I actually had a trim two weeks ago but now Im gonna try to not have another one for at least six months! Maybe a year if my hair can stand it... Its pretty damaged but Im trying the best I can with regular S&D :D

sibiryachka
January 24th, 2010, 12:27 PM
Where do I sign?! Last trim was early 12/09, and my 2010 resolution is no trims, just S&D. You all inspire me to finally trust what intuition and common sense have always told me about gaining the length I want: Cutting it often will not help it grow longer! Sad that it took me until almost age 46 to stand up for the hair I want to have, but better late than never...

Current length is about BSL; goal is waist-length (a goal I've been chasing for a good 30 years now, sigh). I'll see how I'm feeling about it when I get there; a part of me has always wondered how long it could get if allowed to run free... Baby steps : ) I'm still not sure about fairytale ends. I love the way they look, but there are years of "smooth ends are the only kind that look healthy" brainwashing to overcome. I have long layers now, so I guess as they get longer it should happen pretty naturally?

DBF was at first amused/bemused by the amount of time I've been spending on S&D, since I just started doing it a few weeks ago. Now he's envious of my results - his hair is about the same length as mine - and is asking very nicely whether I'd be willing spend some time on his ends. I'm still pondering what service I should request in exchange.

Seriously, thank you all for the inspiration. I've needed this encouragement, and rich source of information; I really believe now that I can have the hair I've always wanted. To the waistline, and beyond...!

akilina
January 24th, 2010, 02:49 PM
I hadn't trimmed in over a year. I'd just search for individual hairs that needed it and cut off as little as i could get away with. A month ago though I got a cut in a salon and she just kept cutting and cutting :'( maybe more than an inch off. I mean...now my hair feels alot better but still. ! it was ridiculous.

Beesweet
January 24th, 2010, 08:14 PM
Hi, my name is BeeSweet.
Hi Beesweet

This is my first meeting and I think I'm a trimaholic.
I haven't had a trim in 8 weeks.

I've finally had enough of going to salons and paying out boo-coo dollars to get my length where it was the last time I went in.

I finally met a good hairdresser and she told me two months ago, when she knew I was trying to grow, "Bye. I don't want to see you until Easter, if you can stand it."

Maybe I won't need to go back at all, since I have a good bob that just needs to grow out.
Anyway, I'm going to try not to cut or trim, since I never seem to make any headway when I do.

pinkroar
January 24th, 2010, 09:48 PM
Yay! Scissors have not touched my hair for about a year and a half now. I have noticed only a small amount of hair growth during this time. :(. But I am taking biotin now and hopping for the best! At least I have very pretty fairy tale ends like the rest of you! :) I will not be trimming cutting my hair in any kind of way until my hair reaches past my waist. Which will hopefully (crosses fingers) be by the summertime. Then I'll force myself to do a slight dusting.

Will my hair grow some more if I don't cut it though? Plus take biotin?

Francoise1606
January 25th, 2010, 02:15 PM
I had my last trim a month ago and now that my ends are fairly healthy ( I still have some damage) I will try my best not to trim my hair until my birthday, which is june 16th. So it will be almost 6 months of not cutting, then I might do a dusting and then not cut it again for a really long time :)

ArienEllariel
January 25th, 2010, 02:29 PM
I don't recall joining this club but if I have, I'll blaim it on short term memory loss :P

I haven't trimmed since March of '09 and I don't plan to trim until at least July of '10. It all really depends on if my ends start to look bad or uneven. Right now they look fine, so I don't see any point in trimming if it's not needed. :) I just S & D when I feel so inclined. ^^

charley27
January 29th, 2010, 11:49 AM
Can I join?

I plan not to trim all of 2010 and even maybe not until I reach my goal of waist. I have lots of layers (thank you haircut in November!), so I may have to even up a little in 2011.

I always thought I was crazy for not going to the salon when growing out my hair. Conventional wisdom says to trim every six to eight weeks, no matter what, but then I'd come out with shorter than I intended. I'm SO relieved to find this forum and know that I can S&D on my own. I do like my hairdresser as a person, but I won't miss her this year. :p

ambism
January 29th, 2010, 12:00 PM
I'm in too! I haven't touched my hair with a pair of scissors since I buzzed it all off a year ago... and I'm going to continue this way for as long as my hair ends can manage.
:D

Little_Bird
January 29th, 2010, 12:06 PM
I should be kept as a hostage in this threat, and only set free when I reahed classic lenght.

I haven't trimmed for 7 months now and I'm 6 inches away from goal... Can someone make me a favour and lock me inside this thread please?

:silly:

Jannike
January 29th, 2010, 12:18 PM
Well, I need to leave this thread as I'm going to start trimming my hair to maintain this length for some months (and have in fact already trimmed around 2 cm) but this is my first trim in 2 years and 3 months (I haven't even done S&D).

MandyBeth
January 29th, 2010, 02:55 PM
I'm half-joining if that's ok. I KNOW I need a trim - I was avoiding it because the final evening up wasn't too shaggy. But without the silcone gluing them all together, my splits are taking over the bottom 1/2" or so - and they need to go away before they get much worse.

But after the last trim - there will be no trimming or cutting of hairs for 6 months (I'm starting small......)

loralie
January 29th, 2010, 09:15 PM
New and excited no-trimmer!

...but do bangs count? I have sideswept bangs that I maintain, but the length gets left alone.

jmallen62691
January 30th, 2010, 06:45 PM
My mom and my grandma both said I need to trim. And my grandma said I need layers around my face. I told them it's NOT GONNA HAPPEN! I know my ends are kinda scruffy, but it took me sooo long to grow even this much and I am NOT cutting it at all. Not until it's well past bra strap length, probably mid back. :angry:

Magelet33
January 30th, 2010, 08:12 PM
hey, I'm going to give no-trimming a good long try. I cut off a good 3-4 inches (I think. I didn't measure) a few months ago, partly because of some bad split ends. Partly though, what I cut off were the begining of fairy tale ends. I grew up thinking "you have to trim to get rid of splits so your hair grows" and also "it's really ugly when hair gets really thin to the ends." Well, I've seen some pictures here of just how stunning well taken care of fairy tale ends can be, and so I'm going to try this time to grow them again.

Anyways, I think to keep up with no-trimming, I'll need to learn s&d. I mean, I know the theory, take a pair of hair scissors, cut of right above the split on induvidual hairs. What I can't figure out is how you DO it with ii or iii hair (I'm right in between.) I mean, it would take forever!! and how often do you go searching? I was searching for about 5 minutes the other night and didn't see any, but I did trim like 2 months ago. Anyways, if you guys could help me learn s&d or point me in the right direction, I'd love it.

looking forward to a no-trim adventure!

mrs carol
January 30th, 2010, 08:25 PM
I'm not doing any trimming in 2010. My hair is tail bone length right now. I want to see how long it will be in one year. I really love this thread, it gives such support.

Robbi Dehlinger
January 31st, 2010, 12:31 AM
Well, I need to leave this thread as I'm going to start trimming my hair to maintain this length for some months (and have in fact already trimmed around 2 cm) but this is my first trim in 2 years and 3 months (I haven't even done S&D).

OMG, trim or no trim, it is LOVELY!

Whatever you are doing, keep it up:)

Centifolia
January 31st, 2010, 09:04 AM
I'm joining. I plan not to cut my hair until it is at waist pulled straight... what means until about May. I'm tired of waiting. Then I will mantain there to catch up my last layer.

Arrow Juniper
February 8th, 2010, 12:20 PM
Yay, there's a club! Thanks Jel for starting up this thread. I haven't trimmed since May, when I did a diy-layer thing. Before that, a salon trim the prior August. Now, I'm not trimming until I get to my goal -- I really, really want waist-length hair by this summer. No trims all the way! Come, fairy tale ends!

Cheeks1206
February 8th, 2010, 12:37 PM
My last hair cut was in Nov. 2008, it was my last pixie cut and I'm already at SL. I won't be getting a trim until Feb. 2011, maybe longer.

Arrow Juniper
February 8th, 2010, 01:12 PM
I just heard of "Lunar Trimming", i.e., certain days to trim and it makes your hair grow longer or thicker. (…. Teeheehee… gleeful laugh: like trimming will make my hair grow)
I am going to watch out for the Lengthening days: 19, 20, 21 if that's what that means.

Just thinking, if I never trim I'll end up at terminal length. I wonder where this club will take me!

Arrow Juniper
February 8th, 2010, 01:16 PM
I just heard about "Lunar trimming", certain days to trim and it makes your hair grow longer, thicker, etc. (….Teeheehee…I laugh to myself, as though trimming will make your hair grow!)

I wonder about the lunar calendar. The lengthening days: 19, 20, 21. Let's see...

I just had a thought: I'm no longer trimming my hair. If I never trim, I'll have terminal length hair. Just where will this club take me?

Sammich
February 8th, 2010, 01:28 PM
No idea if I posted here already, but I'm not trimming till January next year. >>; Yeahhh, it's only temporary but I'm not trimming at least! ;) Just SnD.

TheLuckyLurker
February 9th, 2010, 09:10 PM
I may have to join this club just for the fact of not being able to afford a trim for the foreseeable future. I haven't found any damage yet, anyway.

I do have a question, however: at four inches, my hair is too short for me to do an S&D, and it's also too short to put up to protect the ends. So aside from laying off the heat and being careful about how I handle it (combing, detangling, etc.), what else can I do? Like I said, I haven't found any splits or damage yet, but that could change. Recommendations?

bte
February 9th, 2010, 11:17 PM
I may have to join this club just for the fact of not being able to afford a trim for the foreseeable future. I haven't found any damage yet, anyway.

I do have a question, however: at four inches, my hair is too short for me to do an S&D, and it's also too short to put up to protect the ends. So aside from laying off the heat and being careful about how I handle it (combing, detangling, etc.), what else can I do? Like I said, I haven't found any splits or damage yet, but that could change. Recommendations?
At four inches, being careful as you suggested should be enough, and by not trimming you'll gain lots of length!

talecon
February 9th, 2010, 11:36 PM
its getting really hard for me to keep my promise to myself and not trim because I HATE MY HAIR! it looks horrid :( its growing in so thin and its limp and lifeless. but I'm not going to trim I'm going to keep my promise of not cutting for 1-2 yrs and I'm going to try taking some vitamins. if I'm healthier it'll show in my hair. hopefully.

Messyhair
February 10th, 2010, 12:29 PM
I last had a trim July 11, 2009... I don't see any trims happening in the future. I plan to at least refrain from trimming until July 11, 2010. If at that point I still don't have a decent pair of scissors AND enough length to easily self-trim, I'll let it go longer without an evening-up 'snip'. :D

Firegarnet
February 10th, 2010, 02:42 PM
Count me in! My last trim was about seven months ago. I keep wanting a blunt hemline but that just doesn't happen with my hair so I've decided to give up and look forward to fairytale ends. I have troubles with the ends staying up anyway with a blunt hemline. So, no more trimming! It doesn't work for my splits which tend to be all along my length anyway. I've also decided to go for terminal length so the fairytale ends will be easier at that point anyway (blunt would probably "cost" me too many inches). I will continue SnD though because I find at the base of nearly all my knots is either a split or some lint...or both. I have SnD scissors in several places around my house and am trying to do mini SnD sessions every night or so. Just a few minutes. I'm also going to really focus on oiling more often-like nightly. My ends just drink it up.

Belisarius
February 10th, 2010, 03:05 PM
Since i stopped shaving, i now consider myself a full member. :D
Well, does trimming of nosehairs count?

egreenleaf
February 10th, 2010, 03:08 PM
Hi everyone! I am new here. I took Accutane for a year which made half of my hair fall out, and then last summer I had a really bad highlight job that required me to cut my hair to chin-length.

My hair has thickened up a little.. I'm now back into "normal" (3" circumference) instead of the "thin" category. It is a little longer than shoulder-length now, but I DO get regular trims.. I'm thinking of stopping them! They seem to slow the growing-out process soo much.. even when I tell them to barely trim AT ALL.

I have dreams about getting my hair the way it used to be before the Accutane and dye-damage.. I had waist-length, thick, shiny dark blonde hair.. Sometimes I could cry over losing it.

Anyway, I have a few questions:

(1) How does one "Search & Destroy"...? Is there some kind of guide?

(2) Does anyone have pictures of Fairy-tale ends?

(3) I started using the Conditioner Only method and while my hair feels nicely hydrated and soft now, it's so flat and lifeless, no bounce at all.. and I really do need some oomph considering my hair volume is so much less now. Any advice?

Arrow Juniper
February 11th, 2010, 10:56 AM
egreenleaf, I found some nice fairytale ends pics and discussion from this thread: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=24579&page=2

khalia27
February 12th, 2010, 02:18 AM
I'm joining this club! :-)

I trimmed pretty frequently last year and as a result my hair is only a couple of inches longer than it was this time last year.

I'm holding off on trims until January 2011. And then I will get a baby trim.

Anisaa
February 13th, 2010, 08:34 AM
My last trim was on October of 09, that is 4 months ago. I am NOT trimming my hair for a year! It is difficult because I am Extremely tempted to trim it because it is splitting and I feel my hair looks messy and dirty an ugly. However every time I feel tempted to trim I run to this site and the temptation disappears!!!! Good Luck to everyone in achieving your goal:cheese:

WritergirlAD
February 13th, 2010, 10:24 AM
Hey guys, I'm joining this thread too :)

The last time I had a trim was August 4th, 2009. Since then I've only done S&D. I want to go at least another 6 months without a trim, (which shouldn't be too hard seeing as I've always been too lazy to go to the salon and get my hair trimmed anyway). :P

contradiction
February 13th, 2010, 10:26 AM
I'm joining this thread. I looooove going to the salon and getting my haircut, but I understand now even asking for "just a quarter of an inch" can seriously set back one's progress.
If my hair has split ends or feels damaged on June 27th then I will go get a trim. ( I pick June 27th because at that time it will be six months since my last haircut, which was Dec 27th)
If the ends are good.....just keep growing! I never used to have a big problem with splits anyway.

Centifolia
February 16th, 2010, 01:39 PM
I'm joining. I plan not to cut my hair until it is at waist pulled straight... what means until about May. I'm tired of waiting. Then I will mantain there to catch up my last layer.

My hair is behaving so nicely I think I will just cut an inch in May and then go back to a no trimming routine again. I know my hair is damaged but it isn't showing and I find really few splits. My only problem are the layers.

ooo
February 16th, 2010, 02:20 PM
I don't want to trim until I reach APL. Started non-trimming last December over again.

Messyhair
February 16th, 2010, 05:12 PM
I haven't trimmed since July and I plan to let my hair go for at least a year before trimming again. I hope to wait until I can trim it myself.

minuteofdecay
February 16th, 2010, 05:51 PM
I think I might just have to join in. My last trim was this past January 28th and the woman got a little too scissor happy and cut way too much off! Let's see if I can make it at least a year without a trim and then go from there.

Stormsong
February 22nd, 2010, 03:36 AM
I caved, after 20 months of no trims, I went to the hairdresser last friday and had a full fringe cut in, and an inch off the length.

I have to say though, I'm happy with what I did, and with the hairdresser (who used to have long hair herself). The fringe (or bangs for you Americans) makes everything look better on me. And the inch off the length has brought all my layers closer together, and looking a lot thicker on the hemline.

So, now that I've fallen off the wagon it's time to hitch back up for at least another year (and I'm gonna try for 20 months again) for no trimming (other than the fringe as I really like that :))

myotislucifugus
February 22nd, 2010, 07:13 AM
In three weeks I'll have successfully not trimmed for a year. I think it's been a great experiment, and I've gained lots of length, but I think I may have to try something new this year. I just don't like how thin my hair looks at the bottom, I like a thicker hemline.
I think I'm going to have to go for mini trims every couple of months after I make up my mind where I want to trim to.

It's been a great learning experience.

Eden_Rayn
February 22nd, 2010, 11:49 AM
I am joining! I am currently an inch above BSL. My last trim was back in November 2009 (got layers and a dusting) before that my last trim was October 2008. Yes 13 months. This year however I would like to make it to at least a full 14 months to 16 months before I feel I need a dusting from a pro. I do do S&D when I find splits however this is rare. I should be at waist when I need my next dusting.

I also know I will eventually need to cut out the dye damage. However I do not for see me being brave enough to cut that off to I am well below hip. I plan to chop it all off at once when the time comes. Prob. in two years.

Sorry I ramble.

Magelet33
February 25th, 2010, 11:42 AM
I had almost no splits it seemed like I had gotten most of them in S&D. and then I was too tired to get my hair wet to comb it out, and it was big time tangled. oh the gore! oh the splits!!

minuteofdecay
February 25th, 2010, 11:57 AM
I'm just a newbie, my last "trim" was January 28 2010... but whenever I say trim, it ends up being a horrible mess and way too much is cut off. I was looking at pictures from about a year ago and I've only gone for trims twice since then and my hair is noticably shorter than it was then. The good thing is that all the damaged hair is gone (I've done so much bleaching, dying, straightening... but have stopped now!).

So, I'm hoping to see what my hair is like with a year of no trimming. I'm also trying to wear it up as much as possible for the next year and hopefully that will help make things easier. Shall I call this my new years resolution?? :)

ohiofritty
February 25th, 2010, 12:00 PM
I decided after my last cut (in a series of three attempts to get my hair cut evenly - all failures) that I'm never ever trimming or cutting again.

I guess I can't rule out S&D...just no more salon visits ever!

IndigoAsh
February 25th, 2010, 12:02 PM
I had my hair trimmed about 6 months ago. Stupid me! She was only supposed to take of about an inch and she took off four... I'll never have my hair cut or trimmed again. It always turns into bad hair drama.

metalgypsy85
February 25th, 2010, 03:30 PM
I'm trying to go all of 2010 without cutting. Hopefully, I'll be close to BSL at the end of the year.

PearlyCurly
February 26th, 2010, 04:53 AM
I would love to join this,
But i will need to trim because i use some heat on my hair a few weeks ago and it destroyed my ends:(

Stormcast
March 7th, 2010, 06:14 PM
I'm trying to go all of 2010 without cutting. Hopefully, I'll be close to BSL at the end of the year.
Hey, me too! That is my new-years resolution.

christine1989
March 7th, 2010, 07:24 PM
I have gone 7 months with no trims :) and no split ends anywhere in sight!

curlywurlygurly
March 9th, 2010, 02:13 AM
I'd like to join :D I swore off cutting a few months ago (maybe 3) as I was not getting anywhere growth wise.

I started with a buzz cut and hoping to get to waist. Right now I have a crazy mullet thing going on.

stinamoo
March 15th, 2010, 07:27 AM
**deleted**

Tonks
March 15th, 2010, 09:19 AM
I just found a picture of myself on the day of my last haircut from BSL to shoulders dated March 28th, 2009. So practically a year! I'm super proud, though I'm sure I've got splits somewhere. I need to find a good pair of scissors meant for cutting hair to even begin to think of S&Ding.

Gabriel
March 15th, 2010, 09:34 AM
My last haircut was January 2nd 2010 so I hope to grow trim free to at least January 2nd 2011 and see how my ends look at that time.

I should be classic length by then :).

TinaDenali
March 15th, 2010, 09:38 AM
I want to join the No Trimming Club!
I cut my hair to chin length Aug. 2008 and didn't get another hair cut (no self-trimming, either) until Sept. 2009 when I trimmed it myself. I've trimmed it a couple more times since then because it always appears to be scraggly at the ends - but I just need to give it up and get a trim once it's actually LONG. It's a little below BSL as of now.
So, no trimming for me until it's at my goal length!!

bumblebums
March 15th, 2010, 09:47 AM
Okay, I guess I'm in. My last salon cut was in August 2009. I have done some very light S&D-ing since, but nothing major as my hair doesn't split much anymore.

The ends are looking a bit raggedy now, but the hair is easier to put up this way than with a more blunt hemline. So I'm not going to trim probably until August 2010, and then re-evaluate.

myotislucifugus
March 15th, 2010, 12:35 PM
Made it one whole year as of this Sunday! Yay!:cheese:

MandaMom2Three
March 15th, 2010, 01:05 PM
Hmmmmm, apparently I've already been on this thread, I must have forgotten as thanks to a seeming addiction to trimming :rolleyes:, I've been stuck at BSL for a looooong time! NO MORE TRIMS until I get back to waist! I mean it, seriously, whack me with something if I touch scissors until then :nono:

sibiryachka
March 22nd, 2010, 01:21 AM
The bad news: My hair has not magically started growing more quickly. Although it is growing much more thickly!
The good news: It's been 3 months since I took my no-trim vow. Before, this is the point at which my ends would have been looking bad enough to consider trimming - it would probably take another month or two before I actually bit the bullet, though. But now! Assiduous (okay, maybe a leeetle compulsive) S&D, coconut oil & shea butter, and a bunch of other new practices mean that my ends look as good today as they did the day after that trim, and the length looks even better!
It will be a long, long time before scissors come near my head in any hands but my own. At this rate, I should be at waist by year's end, and at goal in another year.

Reppyboyo
March 22nd, 2010, 03:31 PM
Just to hop on the 'club'.

Started growing my hair over 4 years ago now, never trimmed once. (excluding S&D)

Fun fun.

Sweetness
March 22nd, 2010, 03:50 PM
I'm in until July 1st, minimum !

ArienEllariel
March 22nd, 2010, 04:05 PM
I know I said I wouldn't trim until July of this year but I'm beginning to rethink that choice. I may trim next month depending on how my ends look. I do S & D fairly regularly to keep splits to a minimum but I'm beginning to think I need a microtrim just to even things up a bit. We'll see.. I'm keeping it up mostly at this point or in braids but when it's loose I flip-flop about whether I like my ends or not.

aries
March 23rd, 2010, 07:03 AM
Still no trimming here and no plans in the near future. Been at it for several months. Will have to look at my journal to see exactly how long since my last trim.

WaitingSoLong
March 25th, 2010, 05:44 AM
I would like to join this thread. I swore off trimming after my last bad trim that turned into a 4" cut. It has been 7 months and I have no plans to trim ever again at this time. Bring on the fairytale ends!

hmmruka
March 25th, 2010, 06:14 AM
I have not trimmed since May 11th, 2008. S&D some but not really. I don't do to my hair much that could even cause damage. I think now that i wear my hair curly/wurly all the time I want to get a cut in May by someone who knows how to cut by the curly girl method. I want to do this to shape my hair not to loose length because my hair has always been cut to be worn straight not curly. But after that I will wait at least another year unless I hit hip length which is my goal.

nycstar
March 25th, 2010, 09:08 AM
I'm jumping on board! I haven't trimmed for 6 months! My hair is TB length but unfortunately, I thought my hair needed a little "umphh" and got long layers along with that trim (I kept my hair really long in the back & straight across). I will not trim until my long layers reach my hips--then I'll trim so that it's even. :)

KnightsLady
March 26th, 2010, 06:06 PM
I think I may have been here before and dropped out. I've now decided to come back, as I'm aiming for terminal and might need a little help on the way to keep myself from the scissors. :o

I was told a few weeks ago that my great grandmother never cut her hair during her life, which has inspired me to find out what it would be like to have uncut hair.

Juliannaissance
March 26th, 2010, 06:13 PM
I haven't trimmed in 2 months, or should I say chop? The last trim/chop was 7 inches!! I am sooo angry for doing it. I am maintaining fairytale ends, in a V-shape. But no more trims for me. Just the snipping off of the individual split-end strands. :cheese:

Hair Regimen
March 26th, 2010, 06:18 PM
the reason why i joined the lhc, is because i wanted healthier hair....my hair is waist lenghth and damaged because my mom gave me a bob cut in summer of 06, and 4 years later, i wake up to find my hair waist length, needless to say, i didnt obsess over my hair the way i was supposed to........i wish i could add no trim to my regimen, but i am not as far along as the rest of you.......but i will be soon!!!![

Juliannaissance
March 27th, 2010, 09:10 PM
the reason why i joined the lhc, is because i wanted healthier hair....my hair is waist lenghth and damaged because my mom gave me a bob cut in summer of 06, and 4 years later, i wake up to find my hair waist length, needless to say, i didnt obsess over my hair the way i was supposed to........i wish i could add no trim to my regimen, but i am not as far along as the rest of you.......but i will be soon!!!![ Welcome to LHC! You're in good hands! :D

TXbarbie
March 27th, 2010, 11:21 PM
I wish I could join this club!! If I get highlights touched up every 6 weeks do you think I could manage going without trims? Usually I get a cut & color during the same appointment... I always thought it was necessary since colored hair is more damaged than non-colored hair but now I'm wondering if that's really true :)

walterSCAN
March 27th, 2010, 11:43 PM
I wish I could join this club!! If I get highlights touched up every 6 weeks do you think I could manage going without trims? Usually I get a cut & color during the same appointment... I always thought it was necessary since colored hair is more damaged than non-colored hair but now I'm wondering if that's really true :)

It really just depends on the condition of your hair... you can definitely get away with only trimming when you notice actual damage!

vintersaga
April 12th, 2010, 12:59 PM
I'm joining in this club, maybe I'm a little late? I have shaved my head just this day to get rid of henna and now I'm looking forward to see my virgin hair grow out. I won't trim in 2010!

:blossom:

vintersaga
April 24th, 2010, 02:25 PM
I have decided not to trim in a year, 'til april 12th 2011, or maybe even two years if things go well and I don't get too many splits! I really wanna see some growth now *can't wait, lol*:) I am really going to baby my hair all the time and now I just can't wait till it's long enough so that I can start making treatments and stuff, I love babying my hair :heartbeat Perhaps, if I take good care of my hair, I can be able to grow it without trims till it's long enough so that I can start doing S&D again. Hair, grow. The one who waits...
Blessed be:flower:

Dreams_in_Pink
April 24th, 2010, 02:43 PM
count me in :D i'm not gonna let any sharp objects get near my hair till i reach tailbone :D

luluj
April 24th, 2010, 03:03 PM
April 22nd marked "one full year with no trims" for me, I am so proud of myself for staying the course, there were some "moments" but I managed to work through them. Now what?? Ha Ha........the last thing I want to do is walk into a salon, this I know. My last visit to a salon was to get rid of remaining hair dye and I was left with a "down to the wood" pixie. That was when I vowed to go one full year without so much as a dusting. YIPPEEE!!! :scissors::nono:

nycstar
April 24th, 2010, 04:27 PM
April 22nd marked "one full year with no trims" for me, I am so proud of myself for staying the course, there were some "moments" but I managed to work through them. Now what?? Ha Ha........the last thing I want to do is walk into a salon, this I know. My last visit to a salon was to get rid of remaining hair dye and I was left with a "down to the wood" pixie. That was when I vowed to go one full year without so much as a dusting. YIPPEEE!!! :scissors::nono:

Congrats!!! I know that must have been difficult for you. It's been 5months since I got my long layers and i truly see how much my hair has grown! I'm staying the course, too! I won't cut until the shortest layer is tail bone!! :)

luluj
April 24th, 2010, 05:57 PM
Congrats!!! I know that must have been difficult for you. It's been 5months since I got my long layers and i truly see how much my hair has grown! I'm staying the course, too! I won't cut until the shortest layer is tail bone!! :)

Thanks so much, nycstar! :flower: I think my goal (1st one that is) will be to grow past my shoulders........if that looks good then I will set my 2nd goal......whatever that may be!;) Your hair is so lovely!:)

XcaliburGirl
April 26th, 2010, 10:44 AM
I'm joining the club!

My last cut/trim was August 2010 and it was chin with layers.

My current goal is waist with fairy tale ends, though I will probably extend my goal once I get there.

Maddy25
April 26th, 2010, 11:00 AM
I am joining!!! I cut my hair into a pixie exactly 2 months ago. I am going to let it grow without trims because it is very healthy and cutting it during the awkward stages will only make it grow slower....I am going to embrace my mullet stage and just get it over with!

So far, 2 months no trims!

Unofficial_Rose
April 26th, 2010, 11:09 AM
OK. I recently did a regrettable trim which has taken me from an 'Is it a bit mullety?' longer-at-the back look to horrible mumsy bob. :(

As it is more one length, I hereby commit to no more trims till 2011. (Except the occasional S & D).

MonikaHa
April 26th, 2010, 12:08 PM
Count me in!

KajiKodomo
April 26th, 2010, 12:12 PM
I'll join! My hair grew faster and looked better sooner when I didn't trim. I'm currently growing out from a buzzcut, and don't plan on trimming until it gets at least to BS length, but probably waist or tailbone. Then I may trim to keep length and build up thickness. :D

Angeletti
April 26th, 2010, 12:19 PM
after getting my hair mutilated by some hairdresser I have been scared to go back since! it's been over two years since I have had it trimmed professionally and I'm actually getting to my goal faster

sarah061
April 26th, 2010, 12:26 PM
I want to join! It seems like every time I go for a trim I always end up getting way more than I planned taken off and I just want to get to my goal as soon as possible.
Also, since my hair has a tendency to go a bit frizzy, instead of finding a way to deal with that or work with it, I used to just get it cut thinking that I could cut off the frizziness. That obviously never worked. So now I'm just going to let it grow and S&D.

VanillaTresses
April 26th, 2010, 12:41 PM
After my myriad of restarts, color and cut mishaps I am re-devoted to my no trimming goal. I have made a vow to let my hair grow out unrestrained until Apr. 6, 2016. Each year (at Apr. 6th) is a mini-goal working up to that big goal. It is an experiment and an exercise in patience and commitment. Based on my track record (what I like to call "practice!") :p I would like to ask for your support/prayers/good vibes. I know myself, and I will need all of the help I can possibly get! :rolleyes:

XcaliburGirl
April 26th, 2010, 02:13 PM
Cool, a lot of people just joined. Happy growing, everyone! At least with a no-trim goal, we don't have to actually do anything!

I applaud KajiKodomo and Maddy25 and everyone else who is not going to trim in the short stages. It will probably be tough to stick with it, but at least you'll get past the awkward time quickly.

My only fear with not trimming is that when I get to certain milestones it will feel like cheating because only a small amount of my hair is there while the rest is catching up.

Anisaa
April 26th, 2010, 03:59 PM
I have not trimmed in 7 months and I am not planning to trim until next year!!!

nycstar
April 27th, 2010, 02:37 AM
After my myriad of restarts, color and cut mishaps I am re-devoted to my no trimming goal. I have made a vow to let my hair grow out unrestrained until Apr. 6, 2016. Each year (at Apr. 6th) is a mini-goal working up to that big goal. It is an experiment and an exercise in patience and commitment. Based on my track record (what I like to call "practice!") :p I would like to ask for your support/prayers/good vibes. I know myself, and I will need all of the help I can possibly get! :rolleyes:

sending positive thoughts your way.. i'm in the same boat.. haven't trimmed in 5 1/2 months and don't plan to until i reach my goal also.
good luck!

Grey
April 27th, 2010, 02:46 AM
Well I'm a guy and I've had a buzz cut for the past three and a half years. On January eleventh I decided that I would cut my hair one last time for the next five years and I also decided that I would grow dreadlocks. I've stuck to that thus far and I have a little over two inches of barely forming locks. So while it's not much to be proud of, I am still proud of the little that I have gained. In five years when I finally do cut, I will only trim. I plan on keeping the locks for the rest of my life. At least that is the plan, any balding would probably ruin that. =( lol.

vintersaga
April 30th, 2010, 10:47 AM
Ok, so this is my plan:

* Joining this club for two years, which means no trimming in two years. Started from April 12th.
* After two years (it will be april 12th 2012) trim to get rid of natural layers in my hair

Then I'm in again!! :)

xladolcevitax
May 4th, 2010, 03:48 AM
Ok so i joined this club back in December and vowed to not trim for at least a year.... but I broke my promise and had a trim a few weeks ago which I still regret, though my hair does look/feel a bit better I suppose. Im still mourning the length though :(

So Im back in now! Since April 9th when i had my last trim, for as long as it takes for me to reach my goal of waist, then i will trim to remove the layers from hell! I may get there in a year, maybe a bit longer :)

-j-
May 4th, 2010, 06:33 AM
I will join!

Part of my hair was last cut (or actually, shaved...) in August 2009. Since then, no cutting. (It will be very easy to detect the growth speed from the shaved areas, btw! :))

I swear I will not cut until I have to because of damaged ends. So it might be maybe a year, maybe more, or maybe less. No one knows...

Kristina713
May 4th, 2010, 10:00 AM
I have a mini no-trim goal. I want to make it till the end of June. I normally cut my hair three times a year -- in the spring, at the end of the summer, and before Christmas. So, I'm thinking baby steps. I'm going to reduce the number of trims to twice a year. I do feel that I need to trim regularly as I am trying to get rid of an old perm and faded out old colour. But I still want to gain length. So -- I had my last trim at the beginning of January. So six months will take me to the end of June. My sister is visiting then, so I might get her to trim my ends. I know that it's not a very dramatic goal, but I have a history of cutting as a sort of "refresher", something to mark the change of season and make me feel pretty and ready for something new. It's hard not to give in and get a nice spring haircut. I ordered some new hairtoys online, so hopefully that will help.

nycstar
May 5th, 2010, 05:37 AM
I'm proud to say that it's been six months since I've trimmed at all! I'm holding strong and everyone is telling me how pretty and LONG my hair looks. :) I can't wait for my one year mark :)

evoo
May 5th, 2010, 06:51 AM
This thread is exactly what I have been looking for! Had my last trim end of Nov 2009.
I want my hair to be as long as Demi Moore's hair (almost waistline). Though I heard she might work with extensions.

I always loved long hair, but long was "shoulder length". funny that now, in my late 30's I am so into long hair! I am sure Demi Moore is a trigger.

I had bangs, asian style, straight above the eyebrows.
I will probably get the next trimming when those bangs reach my mouth. By then they need a trimming/shape.

btw: I have been looking for this forum and ended up in a creepy ****** long hair forum. yuck!
glad to be back here, where the nice long-hair-people meet!

Theobroma
May 6th, 2010, 04:19 AM
I'm joining! I haven't trimmed since I took about 5cm off my ends in late January or early February, and I'm determined not to trim again (except for the odd S&D) until NEXT January at the earliest.

Henrietta
May 9th, 2010, 01:00 PM
I'm in!
Yesterday was my last accidentaly trim, I did it impulsively, but as it was just 0.5 cm I don't regret it. At least an end of my braid is visible now, and since I have layers I didn't cut all of my ends, maybe 30 of them.

I won't cut until I reach TBL, then I won't cut few months more until my hair will be healthy at TBL so I will cut damage and I won't trim again:) S&D- yes.

I solemnly promise!

vintersaga
May 11th, 2010, 06:06 PM
1 month without trimming! 23 to go!

moonlight
May 11th, 2010, 07:54 PM
Last cut I had was oct of '09....and I don't trim because I'm lazy....I need to learn how to do SnD's. Can I join if it's because I'm lazy?

ArienEllariel
May 11th, 2010, 07:58 PM
I can say I'm proudly hanging on to my ends. I used the two week rule and decided that they could wait to be trimmed. Maybe I will make it to my July goal after all! :)

Edit: I haven't trimmed my hair in a little over a year. :)

XcaliburGirl
May 12th, 2010, 07:51 AM
Last cut I had was oct of '09....and I don't trim because I'm lazy....I need to learn how to do SnD's. Can I join if it's because I'm lazy?
I hope so, because that's my reason too. :D

(oh, and I want fairytale ends, but really the lazy factors in a little more.)

I can say I'm proudly hanging on to my ends. I used the two week rule and decided that they could wait to be trimmed. Maybe I will make it to my July goal after all! :)
You can do it!

pdy2kn6
May 12th, 2010, 11:23 AM
Last cut was november 09. I was considering doing another big trim before I move abroad, just because I know I won't have the long hair stylist in the place I am going, but I don't think I am prepared to sacrifice the length. My hair feels alright, definately able to withstand no trimming. The only thing which urges me to trim is because my hair grows quite uneven, but I am choosing to accept and appreciate this...

Cheeks1206
May 12th, 2010, 02:11 PM
I'm a new member of the club! I haven't trimmed since my last pixie cut in late October 2008. My next won't happen until after March 2011, and maybe not even then. No S&D either as my hair hasn't been long enough to see many of the end until recently.

hmmruka
May 12th, 2010, 03:26 PM
My last cut was 2 years and 2 days ago. No trims. If I run a across a split end and have hair scissors handy (which I never have them when I need them) I snip it off but other than that I leave my hair alone. It was also about that time I went no heat and stopped coloring. I have had 18 inches of growth! Pretty awesome.

SeaPhoenix
May 12th, 2010, 06:08 PM
I think I probably belong here :-) Unless counting the bangs I cut in several months ago, and am growing out, I haven't let scissors touch my hair since the pixie-ish hair cut in Oct 2008. The layers were kinda ick at some of the growing out stages (at one point almost looking like a shaggy, loose, mullet lol) - but now that my hair is almost BSL, they all blend in very very well. No plans to trim anytime soon - will see how long I can go before my hair starts splitting on me :)

jel
May 18th, 2010, 11:48 AM
It is with mixed feelings that I'm leaving the No-Trimming Club today.

After more than 4.5 years, only 3 months short of 5 years actually, last night I have trimmed a couple of inches off my hair. I had been thinking about it for some time, ever since I reached my dream goal of tailbone length. I have no desire to grow longer at present, if anything I would probably like to maintain around waist-hip.

Here is a most recent picture of the pre-trim length, with braidwaves (and I was barely at shoulder when I started):
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c131/jel_sher/IMG_0069.jpg

This club was a source of encouragement and support on my journey to longhairdom. I hope it stays so for all of you still in it! Who knows, if one day I decide to try for classic, thigh or beyond, I will definitely re-join! :D

Best wishes to everyone here :flowers:

Henrietta
May 18th, 2010, 12:54 PM
As I am slowly stopping using cones, a damage of my ends is showing up in all it's "glory". And my friend told me several times today that I should cut my ends. It's easy to say and it is obvious that if ends are damaged, they should be cut. It's obvious for someone who doesn't grow their hair.
I need to cope up with the damage. I don't see it, as I am wearing my hair up. And coconut oil might help. Oh, and if the thought will keep nagging me, I will use the two week rule:)
I won't trim, I won't trim, I won't trim, I won't trim, I won't trim, I won't trim, I won't trim, I won't trim, I won't trim, I won't trim, I won't trim, I won't trim, I won't trim, I won't trim, I won't trim... :D

Kalyca
May 18th, 2010, 01:25 PM
jel your hair looks amazing! beautiful color too. congrats on your reaching your goal and best wishes to you~

I think I'll join the club for now. I haven't had a trim since around the middle of November 2009. I'm hoping to reach BSL before I do any trims.. we'll see how it goes :D

May
May 18th, 2010, 02:01 PM
I'm in too. My last haircut was March 20th to a short inverted bob from almost waist! I'm o my way back to waist so count me in for absolutely no trimming. :D

sibiryachka
May 18th, 2010, 02:38 PM
As I am slowly stopping using cones, a damage of my ends is showing up in all it's "glory". And my friend told me several times today that I should cut my ends. It's easy to say and it is obvious that if ends are damaged, they should be cut. It's obvious for someone who doesn't grow their hair.
I need to cope up with the damage. I don't see it, as I am wearing my hair up. And coconut oil might help. Oh, and if the thought will keep nagging me, I will use the two week rule:)
I won't trim, I won't trim, I won't trim, I won't trim, I won't trim, I won't trim, I won't trim, I won't trim, I won't trim, I won't trim, I won't trim, I won't trim, I won't trim, I won't trim, I won't trim... :D

Don't forget that S&D is your friend... especially now that you can see the split ends! Snipping individual damaged hairs doesn't count as trimming ;)

Henrietta
May 18th, 2010, 02:46 PM
There's something wrong with me today. I have totally forgotten about S&D:) That's right, I can do this and I will have nicer ends:)

I have to sharpen my kitchen scissors as I don't have special one for hair and I won't buy them before Christmas:)(strong resolution as I spend too much money for hair). But it's better that nothing:) I hope it will be sharp enough to not cause more damage:)

melikai
May 20th, 2010, 06:42 PM
I'm joining! I recently did a trim of 1.5", but am going to now try not to trim for as long as possible. This is rather a big deal for me, as I have been trimming off damage almost every month for my whole time here.

I realised I want a more natural looking hemline, and really want to reach my goal length. Now that I've found a decent conditioner, my ends aren't as delicate, so hopefully I can only do S&D and microtrims from here until tailbone!

Pacific
June 3rd, 2010, 04:48 AM
I'm joining, too. My last trim has been in May and now I want to go without a trim as long as possible but at least for a year. I only will do S&D twice a month.
I'm looking for a more natural hemline.

Henrietta
June 3rd, 2010, 11:54 AM
Yesterday I had a big temptation to trim, about 5 inches. My hair is always dry after washing, even with CO, but after few hours it's smooth again. But it was hard to look at my split ends just after wash and air dry.
I don't want the splits to spread up. But I will use condtioner instead of scissors. Thank God I recalled myself about "non trimming club" yesterday. I promised I won't trim until TBL- December 2012. So I have to keep the promise! :)

evampr18
June 3rd, 2010, 12:15 PM
i haven't trimmed in months, maybe since february.... which doesn't seem like much, but it is to me :)

and im doing the monistat thing. ahgg ...but...i'm currently in china so i dont even know if it's growing or not, i refused to bring my ruler. hahaha we shall see when i come back end of june :(

Lianna
June 3rd, 2010, 12:37 PM
Is dusting allowed?

MarlieJane
June 3rd, 2010, 12:40 PM
My last trim was 15 months ago. Well, I went in to the hairdresser for a trim, but I left with my hair at least 5 inches shorter :-( I do have pretty bad split ends right now. I attempted some S&D for the first time yesterday, and found out what a serious undertaking that is! I'm going to keep trying it, just snipping away whenever I have some down time and I'm just sitting around relaxing, but right now it feels like I'll never even get 1/10th of those split ends at the rate I'm going!

Pixna
June 3rd, 2010, 01:42 PM
Is dusting allowed?

Not sure, "officially." But I dust every four to six months or so. I don't think it counts, considering the amount it removes is virtually undetectable and practically invisible.

sibiryachka
June 3rd, 2010, 01:49 PM
My understanding is that dusting is at your discretion. And even it were against the rules, It's not like the No-Trim Police are going to bust down your door. My feeling is, if it keeps you from doing an actual trim, where's the harm?

Henrietta
June 4th, 2010, 01:41 PM
Finally I bought hair scissors for S&D. I have to do S&D unless my splits will spread and I won't be able to grow, as my hair will crumble more than grow.

I need a sun for this. In my room, after 11 AM appears a sunny rectangle. I have a window in the roof, that's why I don't have sun all the time and I have this rectangle on the floor, not on the wall. I will sit in it tomorrow and do a good S&D.

Naters
June 4th, 2010, 04:16 PM
Count me in too! I have offically been growing out my hair without any trims or cuts for the past 2 years!! Since my hair is curly im able to hide my uneven ends, and im defintely not going to trim or cut my hair until my hair reaches my lower back. :)

jlw9222
June 4th, 2010, 11:54 PM
Okay apparently I'm in this group too. My paranoia of all hair stylists who say they understand what a "just the tips" trim means has allowed me to enter into this particular club of "no trimming." It's been since October since I've allowed a scissor that was not under my control to touch my hair. I am surprised how awesome my hair has been. I execute any strangling split end, so my hair is in great shape and heading on down to waist length. My goal originally was BSL, but I have since changed it to waist. :) I hate to use the word obsessed but...it's like I woke up one day and realized my hair was actually long. I have two inches to waist. I have a long torso, so it's going to be a wait. :)

DonyaleM
June 5th, 2010, 10:55 AM
I'd like to join this group. I went from Feb 09' to Jan '10 without trimming. It was the longest time ever for me! However, I did go from chin length hair to almost APL during that time. (I trimmed in Jan '10 and went to just past SL).

I haven't trimmed since Jan 10 and I'm now a little past APL. I'm going to try to hold out until Jan '11.

Henrietta
June 5th, 2010, 03:08 PM
Hello Naters, jlw9222 and DonyaleM :) Good to see that there's more and more non-trimmers. I don't feel alone with my temptation:D

I did quite good S&D today. I sat in the sunny rectangle on my floor and I started to search for split ends. I found less than I expected, so I am happy:) There were few really critical cases, like 2 inches of split, but anyway it's better than I thought it will be:)

I think I will repeat it every Saturday:)

Scissors are incredible! So sharp finally.

Autumnberry
June 7th, 2010, 02:35 PM
Well, I've had enough of trimming--done, done!! I haven't tried no-trimming in many years, so this will be new for me. I just compared recent photos with those of a year ago, and my hair looks the same length. I'll have to be dedicated to S & D, as I'm prone to splits. I have been asking for .25 inch trims, so I should have had about 5 inches extra length this year. This is so frustrating! Anyhew, hi to everyone, and I'm with ya! I will be reporting back every few months...

Autumnberry
June 7th, 2010, 02:42 PM
It is with mixed feelings that I'm leaving the No-Trimming Club today.

After more than 4.5 years, only 3 months short of 5 years actually, last night I have trimmed a couple of inches off my hair. I had been thinking about it for some time, ever since I reached my dream goal of tailbone length. I have no desire to grow longer at present, if anything I would probably like to maintain around waist-hip.

Here is a most recent picture of the pre-trim length, with braidwaves (and I was barely at shoulder when I started):
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c131/jel_sher/IMG_0069.jpg

This club was a source of encouragement and support on my journey to longhairdom. I hope it stays so for all of you still in it! Who knows, if one day I decide to try for classic, thigh or beyond, I will definitely re-join! :D

Best wishes to everyone here :flowers:

jel, I just noticed you have been in this club, and here I am just joining, as the regular trimming thing is not working for me. Your lovely hennaed and healthy locks are supreme inspiration for me in my journey!

nycstar
June 7th, 2010, 07:47 PM
Ok.. I bailed!!!! I didn't have any trims/cuts (I never S&D) since Oct/Nov 2009. I finally had to because I've been dealing with long layers and was fed up with the uneven ends (I'm an even hemline gal). I went to see my stylist on June 5 and asked her to only cut my hair to my hips (the longest layers were tailbone). I miss the extra length but I'm so happy that my hair is all one length at the back now!! It's sitting on my hips with a healthy synchronized bounce. I get more hair stares and compliments than ever. So as of this hair cut (now that my hair is one-length) I am officially back on the no trimming club. Hip length hair isn't so bad. :)

Henrietta
June 8th, 2010, 04:33 AM
Ok.. I bailed!!!! I didn't have any trims/cuts (I never S&D) since Oct/Nov 2009. I finally had to because I've been dealing with long layers and was fed up with the uneven ends (I'm an even hemline gal). I went to see my stylist on June 5 and asked her to only cut my hair to my hips (the longest layers were tailbone). I miss the extra length but I'm so happy that my hair is all one length at the back now!! It's sitting on my hips with a healthy synchronized bounce. I get more hair stares and compliments than ever. So as of this hair cut (now that my hair is one-length) I am officially back on the no trimming club. Hip length hair isn't so bad. :)

We still love you:) I will do it too when I reach TBL (Dec. 2010...:D). Cut the damage and even my hemline. Maybe I will remove layers totally too.

I am really glad you enjoy your new ends. I think it's impossible to enjoy long hair when it has wrong shape or something. Length is not enough. EVERYTHING has to be perfect! :)

09robiha
June 13th, 2010, 10:12 AM
:poot:ooh there is some beautiful hair in this thread! I regret that I dont have time to read it all, though I am half way through, but really you all have amazing hair!

Do you guys mind if I join you?

I'm not planning to trim at all until october (for my annual trim) and am just hoping my curls will be ok till then. I am starting to get far to fond of my diffuser dryer!!!

eamane
June 13th, 2010, 12:23 PM
I took some new pics of my hair today and it really bothers me how uneven it looks! However, I'm at waist now so I'll just going to hang in there until it gets to hip maybe and then start to maintain there until it gets more even. The pic I posted in my album is the best of the lot but you can still see some of what I mean :?

Flossy
June 15th, 2010, 07:12 AM
I'd like to join in please!

I've been trying to grow my hair for a couple of years, but since I discovered LHC I'm more dedicated than ever! I haven't picked up a straightener in weeks, I've embraced oils and CWC, and now I've decided to not have my hair trimmed until 2011. I'm doing S&D, as I have some split ends from all the heat styling. I'm using sharp scissors, but I plan on getting some proper hair scissors ASAP.

I'm also joining my two little boys in the club! My eldest (4.5yo) has beautiful, thick, slightly wavy blonde hair, and my middle son (2.5yo) has gorgeous blonde hair with a curl at the ends, and I just had their hair cut, and I'm sooooo not happy with the results. We are a family on the no-cutting bandwagon!

sibiryachka
June 15th, 2010, 09:29 AM
I'm halfway through my "no trims until 12/10" year - last trim was 12/09 (3 days after joining LHC!). My hemline is just now starting to bother me; in the old days, this is the point when I'd be thinking about going to get a trim. The thing is, what's bothering me about my hemline is how see-through it is, not that the ends are damaged! The ends are fine, thanks to my slightly compulsive S&D habit - splits are all through the length, not just concentrated at the hemline, so trimming there would only even it up a bit, not actually improve condition.
I guess I should be grateful that I got halfway through my vow-year before keeping the vow started to be a challenge! I gave myself a good talking-to yesterday about how if I get rid of the 2 inches it would take to even me up, that will mean I won't make waist by year's end. To heck with that!! I'm sure the ends look far worse to me than to anyone else, and now that it's hot I'll be wearing it up 75% of the time anyhow, so I'm determined to tough it out. I'll allow myself a self-trim for New Years 2011.

Henrietta
June 15th, 2010, 09:54 AM
I'm halfway through my "no trims until 12/10" year - last trim was 12/09 (3 days after joining LHC!). My hemline is just now starting to bother me; in the old days, this is the point when I'd be thinking about going to get a trim. The thing is, what's bothering me about my hemline is how see-through it is, not that the ends are damaged! The ends are fine, thanks to my slightly compulsive S&D habit - splits are all through the length, not just concentrated at the hemline, so trimming there would only even it up a bit, not actually improve condition.
I guess I should be grateful that I got halfway through my vow-year before keeping the vow started to be a challenge! I gave myself a good talking-to yesterday about how if I get rid of the 2 inches it would take to even me up, that will mean I won't make waist by year's end. To heck with that!! I'm sure the ends look far worse to me than to anyone else, and now that it's hot I'll be wearing it up 75% of the time anyhow, so I'm determined to tough it out. I'll allow myself a self-trim for New Years 2011.

That's exactly me now. I had temptation to cut yestarday. But I see now my ends are thin, not damaged... We can do this, we can do this, we can do this. And I can't cut too, otherwise I won't reach waist on December:)

Iron0Maiden
June 15th, 2010, 10:12 AM
I'd like to join. Not nesicarrily no trimming whatsoever, just trimming less.
I normally get a hairtrim every 2 months. However, I'd like to get one every 3 or even 4 months now. I got a 'big chop', of 2 inches off 3 months ago, and since then I have only used heat once, and my hair has been soooo healthy. I dont even NEED a trim. So, whats the point in trimming every 2 months if you dont need it? Plus, my hair can grow slow-ish sometimes, so I feel like its been the same length for too long because of too-frequant trims. I got my hair trimmed in March 20th, and I dont plan to until July 20th. I am also not going to S&D because I dont have proper scissors and I like a blunt hemline (my hair does not respond to S&D well.)

So there! Hows it going for everyone?

Henrietta
June 15th, 2010, 10:15 AM
I'd like to join. Not nesicarrily no trimming whatsoever, just trimming less.
I normally get a hairtrim every 2 months. However, I'd like to get one every 3 or even 4 months now. I got a 'big chop', of 2 inches off 3 months ago, and since then I have only used heat once, and my hair has been soooo healthy. I dont even NEED a trim. So, whats the point in trimming every 2 months if you dont need it? Plus, my hair can grow slow-ish sometimes, so I feel like its been the same length for too long because of too-frequant trims. I got my hair trimmed in March 20th, and I dont plan to until July 20th. I am also not going to S&D because I dont have proper scissors and I like a blunt hemline (my hair does not respond to S&D well.)

Haaaaaard:D Sometimes I want to cut off my dry ends so bad... And the next day after brushing I see that they are not quite damage! I can't wait the moment when my hair reach TBL, then I will let myself to cut:)

Iron0Maiden
June 15th, 2010, 10:18 AM
Haaaaaard:D Sometimes I want to cut off my dry ends so bad... And the next day after brushing I see that they are not quite damage! I can't wait the moment when my hair reach TBL, then I will let myself to cut:)

----------------------

Yeah! Its never as bad as it seems. Like I have layers and I always think they look sooooo horrible but they dont. Now i'm excited to join this :cheese:

Henrietta
June 15th, 2010, 10:20 AM
----------------------

Yeah! Its never as bad as it seems. Like I have layers and I always think they look sooooo horrible but they dont. Now i'm excited to join this :cheese:

I have layers too. I want to cut them when I will be doing the trim at TBL and make new, different onesm that will suit my long hair.
And this thread helps me so much:) It holds me back from cutting. If I cut, I'd regred this in a while. Thanks to this club I know I promised not to cut so I won't:)

sibiryachka
June 15th, 2010, 02:19 PM
Yay for this club! I knew if I just ranted a little I'd get it out of my system, and find the support I needed to stand fast.

Kome
June 16th, 2010, 06:00 AM
I'd love to join this club, but my hair is so damaged from bleaching and dying that if I don't trim it every 3-4 months it tangles like no tomorrow. I'm going to be extra sweet to my hair and maybe oil the ends more and see if I can go longer! I love fair tale ends on some people. They are very pretty and a lot of yours hairs look as if they'd been trimmed even though they haven't. Great job! :D

Theobroma
June 16th, 2010, 12:15 PM

I'm currently very irritated by my fairytale ends, which simply do not look good with my hair texture, and it's taking some self-discipline not to reach for the scissors even though the ends are in great shape and I have hardly any splits at all.

On the bright side, I've been wearing my hair up continuously since February, and the result is that the ends aren't getting any thinner. (Also, the updos hide the fairytale ends.) So I'm hoping to stick it out without trimming until I make it to my goal of hip... hopefully without suffering too much mental anguish along the way! :D

Gabriel
June 16th, 2010, 03:25 PM
I'm halfway through my year of no trimming. I didn't think I'd be able to deal with the unevenness (thanks to a jacket's metal zipper incident/accident) but thanks to waiting it out, my hemline has seemed to bulk up a little again and I (hopefully) don't see any trouble getting to January 2011.

Naturel
June 16th, 2010, 04:20 PM
I am joining this thread. I will not trim until I reach my first hair goal, and my may until I reach the final lenght goal. DEFINETLY NOT UNTIL I REACH THE FIRST.

Cheeks1206
June 17th, 2010, 07:24 AM
I've been in the no-trimming club and didn't even realize it! The last cut I got was at the end of October 2008. It's been 1 year and 7 months since my last trim and I plan on waiting another 9 months. My hope is that by that time my hair will be long enough for me to comfortably S&D without eyestrain and I'll be able to continue with no trims for a while longer.

Henrietta
June 17th, 2010, 09:24 AM
I've been in the no-trimming club and didn't even realize it! The last cut I got was at the end of October 2008. It's been 1 year and 7 months since my last trim and I plan on waiting another 9 months. My hope is that by that time my hair will be long enough for me to comfortably S&D without eyestrain and I'll be able to continue with no trims for a while longer.

Eyestrain is so... irritating. Seriously. I don't do S&D on my shortest layers because it hurst my eyes. Phisically. And since I have serious problems with them... I don't want to make it worse.
But, you know, every month is 1 cm more of growth, so you'll be able to see more and more and it will be easier and easier :)

gypsychild
June 17th, 2010, 10:01 AM
I'm not trimming until I'm past BSL. Luckily I don't really get split ends and I can always S&D a bit to clean up. If I can't make it to waist without trimming, I'm at least giving it up for a year.

slythwolf
June 17th, 2010, 12:33 PM
I haven't trimmed my hair since I got it cut last March (to afford to henna it--it took 500g at BSL) and I don't intend to at least until I reach my goal length. Which may change. I might decide to go longer.

Cheeks1206
June 17th, 2010, 04:26 PM
Eyestrain is so... irritating. Seriously. I don't do S&D on my shortest layers because it hurst my eyes. Phisically. And since I have serious problems with them... I don't want to make it worse.
But, you know, every month is 1 cm more of growth, so you'll be able to see more and more and it will be easier and easier :)

I know, I can't wait for all that new growth! Right now I might be able to comfortably see the ends of the front half of my head, but anything past that is really too short. Even with glasses I think it would give me a headache. Oh well. I'll just continue on like I have been and hope I don't get splits

Flossy
June 17th, 2010, 09:44 PM
OMG, I had no idea how bad my ends were until I started S&D. Some of the splits were split! They are all through my hair, so I can console myself that a trim wouldn't have any effect on them anyway.

I am getting eyestrain too!

PuppetCreature
June 17th, 2010, 11:41 PM
i'm joining.
i haven't really trimmed my hair that much since last october, just some parts that seemed to be in a bad shape and i've done some s&d.
i'm trying not to cut my hair for at least a year and hopefully i can go longer :)

Centifolia
June 21st, 2010, 10:21 AM
I'm joining again. Give me good luck pleeeease. I've been becoming very much scissor happy with my microtrims and besides my hemline looking a lot better my lenght is still the same.
I'll not trim until at least the end of December. Then I will see how nice my ends and the overall shape of my hair are and decide what to do next.

crazy_margaret
June 21st, 2010, 02:35 PM
I am joining! its been 2 months since my last cut... I am about 2 inches from APL and dont plan on trimming till at least BSL. I S&D so hopefully I wont need to trim till waist?

RachelRain
June 22nd, 2010, 02:17 AM
Whenever I go for a trim, I always end up with bangs, which I despise. So unless I cut my hair myself, it probably won't see scissors. And I'm almost never in a salon... I went in one recently for a shampoo job because I hurt my shoulder and needed help to do it, but that's the first time in more than ten years - and that time was for a dye job.

I don't intend to snip anything until I hit my knees... *if* I can get it to my knees. It doesn't seem to be growing very much anymore.

littleflowerr
June 22nd, 2010, 02:34 AM
I'm a little under apl... had my last trim a week ago so i'm thinking i'll wait a year around next summer! and do some s&d for the time being.

avulgarpicture0
June 25th, 2010, 01:32 PM
What do you do to get your hair to grow that fast?

Messyhair
June 25th, 2010, 07:02 PM
July 11th marks 1 year of no trimming for me! I plan to celebrate soon after with a trim to even things up. My hair grows faster on one side of my head, so I'm going to try to make both sides the same length. I think I'll even out the natural layers into an intentional u-shape, too. I might wait longer to do that, depending on how much I have to take off.

Woo! I can't believe I've made it so long!!

whoanellie
June 25th, 2010, 07:34 PM
I barely even feel it's fair for me to post since my hair is still relatively short, but I haven't had a haircut since March 2009, and no trims since then. I don't intend to trim my hair until I get to my goal length, which right now is probably a couple of inches past BSL. However I have probably at least a year or 18 months until I get to that point, so that'll be a long time with no cuts or trims for me... this is the longest I've had my hair in years and the longest I can remember without a cut/trim. And feeling good about it. :)

Firegarnet
June 28th, 2010, 11:47 AM
Sorry, I have to leave for a bit. My dry-dry-dry ends weren't getting better, so they are coming off in increments. Once I have smooth soft ends I'll get back into this club.:(

bellawave
June 28th, 2010, 12:33 PM
I'm joining the club! I had a trim a month ago after 2 years of no trimming, to shape things up a bit. It does look better (although the face-framing pieces he talked me into are TOO SHORT :( ). Now that it's long and shaped (instead of just growing out a short layered cut as long as I could), I see no reason to trim any time soon, at least for another couple of years. :D

ArienEllariel
June 29th, 2010, 06:25 PM
Well, I got a trim a couple weeks ago.. :o but it was badly needed. I'm hoping not to trim again for at least 6 months. I'll see how my ends do. I think I did pretty good since I hadn't trimmed in over a year previously.

ifyouforget
June 29th, 2010, 07:05 PM
I'm joining! Had my last self-trim to guard against growout-induced mullitude, and and now planning to not trim until I reach goal length (or get incredibly bad ends, whichever happens first :P) I'm not real prone to splits, so hoping to go a couple years until the next snippage!

JenniferNoel
June 29th, 2010, 08:19 PM
Okay, I think it's safe to say I can re-join. The damage is all trimmed out and now I can go trim-free! I haven't seen one split in months, so a great start so far.
Let the no-trimming begin again, hopefully more permanently.

renia22
June 29th, 2010, 08:50 PM
Wow, I wish my hair could get away with that. It looks bad if I don't trim it every 6 weeks or so

Stine
June 30th, 2010, 03:43 AM
My last trim was about 18 months ago, when I had my restart of growing wt chin-length.
Now I am only 1-2" away from BSL and I don't feel like trimming yet. :-)

Maybe at waist...maybe I'll try FTE's, I can always go back to a thicker hemline, but its more difficult to create FTE's at a certain length.....

rapunzhell13
June 30th, 2010, 04:09 AM
I'm gonna jump into this group. No trim for me until at least the last Sunday of May next year (1 year anniversary since Pixie 2010). I want to reach ponytail length ASAP.

Henrietta
June 30th, 2010, 01:55 PM
Have I already told you I failed? Last Saturday I cut about an inch. I COULDN'T stand my dry ends. I was thinking about them all the time.
Now I am thinking about making a change. Maybe I will trim every 2-3 months a little bit, so the lost of length will be practically invisible. Because I can't... enjoy my hair when it has dry ugly ends.

JenniferNoel
July 2nd, 2010, 09:40 PM
Henrietta, no worries, it was for the better. It's hard to try to get away with no trimming. Don't make yourself suffer, you deserve to enjoy your hair, and hey, an inch isn't too bad. :)

Henrietta
July 3rd, 2010, 06:33 AM
Henrietta, no worries, it was for the better. It's hard to try to get away with no trimming. Don't make yourself suffer, you deserve to enjoy your hair, and hey, an inch isn't too bad. :)

Yes, you're right... I don't actually feel it's shorter but I can see ends are nice. There's nothing to be sad about.

LoversLullaby
July 3rd, 2010, 09:45 AM
After I do a dusting today, I'm planning on going no trim for at least a year! :) My hair desperately needs a dusting, and I want to start my no trimming journey with healthy ends.

Henrietta
July 3rd, 2010, 01:17 PM
After I do a dusting today, I'm planning on going no trim for at least a year! :) My hair desperately needs a dusting, and I want to start my no trimming journey with healthy ends.

This way it will be easier. You can do it! :) There's just 364 days more.

Luckysock
July 8th, 2010, 03:28 PM
Got a trim today and I am sad to have lost the length I've gained so I'm going to join this club!

Lianna
July 8th, 2010, 11:50 PM

I must confess I enjoy dusting, but I'll keep it to a minimum, maybe every 3 months, 1/8 inch!

Robbi Dehlinger
July 9th, 2010, 12:06 AM
Been a member since I started growing (THIS TIME) will hold off as long as I can:)

Gwendolene
July 9th, 2010, 01:20 AM
I get splits and fairy knots so easily... The strange thing is that I seem to get them more when I wear my hair up! Maybe I'm handling it too rough while braiding??

Anyway, I'm not planning to trim until I get an inch past my waist. That way, if she accidentally takes off an inch instead of an eighth of an inch, I won't be as upset.

Dani
July 9th, 2010, 04:44 AM
I must confess I enjoy dusting, but I'll keep it to a minimum, maybe every 3 months, 1/8 inch!

Me too, and it's only 'cause I've got bleach/dye damage. But once that's gone someday, I shall grow and grow even longer. My hair, not my body. That ain't happenin.' :p

HintOfMint
July 11th, 2010, 03:08 AM
I just had a two inch trim, and I'm not going to have another for 9 months.
My last three haircuts were spaced six months apart, and before that, they were about 3 - 4 months apart. Hopefully I will make it to 9 without it getting too shapeless and wonky. From what I can calculate from pictures dated a few years ago, I grow about half an inch a month. I would like to get some more substantial length before I trim again.
Ideally, I would like to wait a year before I trim again, but that might be asking too much.

Dark40
July 11th, 2010, 05:21 PM
I am new here, and I haven't had a trim since Febuary. I am not planning on getting another trim until a year from now. Or, i'll see how long I can grow without trimming, than I shall reach hip length.

triumphator!
July 11th, 2010, 05:26 PM
I haven't cut my hair since November 2009, and I don't plan on trimming or cutting until November 2010.

curlylocks85
July 11th, 2010, 07:04 PM
I'll join. My hair is in a position where I can start gaining some length. I have an appointment next month, but that is more so I can trick myself. When I get about a week from the appointment I am going to cancel and set up a new one three months from that date and continue the process until I am either BSL or WL and then go in and have my ends trimmed about an inch. Then I will continue growing until I reach my goal and decide what to do from that point. I do dust a little, but never enough to lose any length.

ETA: My last cut was September 2009

SlightlySoprano
July 11th, 2010, 07:42 PM
I'm not sure I can go totally no trimming forever, but I'd like to try! I haven't touched a scissor to my hair since my HUGE chop in May...

I'd like to get to BSL then have a small trim and continue on my merry way...

Basically, I need YOUR support to make sure I don't get scissor happy! :p

triumphator!
July 11th, 2010, 08:38 PM
I'm not sure I can go totally no trimming forever, but I'd like to try! I haven't touched a scissor to my hair since my HUGE chop in May...

I'd like to get to BSL then have a small trim and continue on my merry way...

Basically, I need YOUR support to make sure I don't get scissor happy! :p

I think the best way to not get scissor happy is to throw your scissors away! Or give them to a friend who needs them more. I don't own any scissors for proper hair cutting. Trade them with someone for something awesome!

Anyway, I practice benign neglect on the trimming front... I just don't... do it. I dunno. I obsess over other stuff, but not trimming.

Maybe it's the remorse from the last cut that's keeping me going. :rolleyes:

MrsGuther
July 11th, 2010, 09:05 PM
My last trim was on January 4th 2010. I plan on not trimming my hair untill January of 2011. I am growing out my hair from a brutally badly layered right-past-chin-length haircut from a couple of years ago. I have been noticing quite a few split ends and I have been individually getting rid of them, but I am determined not to trim my hair until 2011. I sometimes contemplate cutting most all of the damage out of my hair and then starting the growing out process again, but I am very afraid that I will not be pleased with my hair if I get it cut. So I usually just put it in a messy bun and forget about it.

SlightlySoprano
July 20th, 2010, 08:48 AM
My ends are like velcro at the moment *grr*

tinti
July 20th, 2010, 09:02 AM
New member joining da club! Last time I cut it was around the 12 of May 2010 and I won't cut it until may 2011. That is, if my mom doesn't point out horrible damage, but I don't think she will, since I've managed to go 8 months without trimming before :) Trying to grow out my layers and bangs, and I think that it'll be a good chance of doing that if I stay away from my moms hairstylist room :)

starlights
July 20th, 2010, 09:31 AM
I havent trimmed over 1 and a half years... its brilliant! ive gained so much more length not trimming, and in 1 and a half years my hair has grown from shoulder length past waist now! just wish it'd hurry up and reach tailbone. I definately recommend not doing trims, its definately worked not doing it on my hair!

kimki
July 20th, 2010, 11:53 AM
I'm a no trimmer, growing out from bald. Looking so forward to the mullet....:eyebrows:

jel
July 20th, 2010, 12:05 PM
My ends are like velcro at the moment *grr*

SlightlySoprano, have you tried clarifying (maybe just the ends), then moisturising (an SMT is good for that, all over your hair) and then sealing with oil or a silicone serum? That routine does wonders for my ends!

RancheroTheBee
July 20th, 2010, 12:18 PM
^__^ I'm joining! I last trimmed about a month ago. I'm trying to go a year, at least.

LunarAurora
July 20th, 2010, 02:44 PM
I think i'm joining too !
I'm wearing my hair up since I joined LHC and I notice that my ends are still in great shape :) That's why I'd like to stop trimming until I reach ...classic ? Yeah, let's try :) (I'm near tailbone now)

SlightlySoprano
July 21st, 2010, 08:57 AM
SlightlySoprano, have you tried clarifying (maybe just the ends), then moisturising (an SMT is good for that, all over your hair) and then sealing with oil or a silicone serum? That routine does wonders for my ends!

That's a good idea! I didn't even think of that. I was home all of last week and used a -cone conditioner all week (my hair was like :hatchet:) SO I probably need to SLS the -cones out of the ends of my hair!