PDA

View Full Version : 1 year hair anniversary!!!

Sparklylady82
May 30th, 2015, 01:51 AM
Hello all! It's been about 1 year since I joined LHC! I wanted to share my progress with you all. Here I am at the beginning of my journey. This is my hair-typing picture!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11825&d=1405482037

You can see my hemline is crooked because I had an asymmetrical cut. I have had my hair all lengths throughout my life with the longest being BCL. Right now, My short term goal is waist! I plan on growing to terminal which I think is somewhere around BCL. My hair started to break off at that point so maybe now that I am taking better care it will grow longer.

I had to cut a lot this past year. My hair was really damaged from bleaching. I grew out for 8 months and trimmed monthly to get my hair healthy. Since this year I had a tiny trim in March and I don't plan on trimming unless necessary from here on out! I think fairy-tale ends would look beautiful with my wavy hair so maybe only s&d from now on!!!

Here is my most recent length shot:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17445&d=1432948933

I have gained about 4 inches of hair and have cut a lot, i didn't measure my trims but I am thinking at least 3-4 inches of trims. If that is right, I grew about 7-8 inches this year! Looking foward to reaching my waist goal this year I hope.

Happy growing to you all! I love LHC!!!

P.S. I don't know why there is a un-happy face in the title of post...I think that was an accident haha!!! Only happiness here ;)

Sarahlabyrinth
May 30th, 2015, 01:53 AM
Wow, wonderful progress and such lovely happy hair! Congrats on your 1st hairiversary and many more to come! :)

diddiedaisy
May 30th, 2015, 01:58 AM
Congratulations, your hair is gorgeous :)

embee
May 30th, 2015, 06:27 AM
Very pretty hair! The kind I always wanted and never had. :) Happy growing to you.

schnibbles
May 30th, 2015, 06:33 AM
Your color and texture are ethereal. I think fairytale ends would be magical on you. Congrats! :bottomsup:

momschicklets
May 30th, 2015, 07:39 AM
Just stunning! :blossom: Thank you for sharing your anniversary with us...your hair has made wonderful progress and is really beautiful!

lapushka
May 30th, 2015, 07:45 AM
Lovely wurls, they seem to be really coming out with length. Lovely! Congrats on your progress. :D

Amapola
May 30th, 2015, 07:47 AM
You have really beautiful hair. Congratulations on your first year and all you've learned about better care! Happy growing!

raemarthe
May 30th, 2015, 08:43 AM
Lovely curls, so shiny! And you have a lot of growth, even if you were trimming! :)

cat11
May 30th, 2015, 09:22 AM
LLooks good! Awesome job getting rid of damage and getting yourself to a good grow out point in a year!

Sparklylady82
May 30th, 2015, 10:11 AM
Wow, wonderful progress and such lovely happy hair! Congrats on your 1st hairiversary and many more to come! :)

Congratulations, your hair is gorgeous :)

Very pretty hair! The kind I always wanted and never had. :) Happy growing to you.

Your color and texture are ethereal. I think fairytale ends would be magical on you. Congrats! :bottomsup:

Just stunning! :blossom: Thank you for sharing your anniversary with us...your hair has made wonderful progress and is really beautiful!

Lovely wurls, they seem to be really coming out with length. Lovely! Congrats on your progress. :D

You have really beautiful hair. Congratulations on your first year and all you've learned about better care! Happy growing!

Lovely curls, so shiny! And you have a lot of growth, even if you were trimming! :)

LLooks good! Awesome job getting rid of damage and getting yourself to a good grow out point in a year!

Thank you all so much! It is so nice having the support from LHC members because regular people don't understand! Here's to another year! :beercheer:

EdG
May 30th, 2015, 10:13 AM
Happy anniversary, Sparklylady82! :)
Ed

Mimha
May 30th, 2015, 10:14 AM
Congratulations on your 1st LHC anniv-hairsary, Sparklylady ! :toast:

Your hair looks like it's on its best shape to grow on : it's shiny and bouncy, and your ends look great !! I'm pretty sure you can grow it beyond classic with no problem ! :)

Sparklylady82
May 30th, 2015, 10:15 AM
Happy anniversary, Sparklylady82! :)
Ed
Thank you EdG!!! :)

Congratulations on your 1st LHC anniv-hairsary, Sparklylady ! :toast:

Your hair looks like it's on its best shape to grow on : it's shiny and bouncy, and your ends look great !! I'm pretty sure you can grow it beyond classic with no problem ! :)
Beyond classic would be so cool! Thank you :)

Ambrielle
May 30th, 2015, 10:17 AM
It looks beautiful, hair twin! :o You have certainly had a speedy growth considering you have been trimming in between. Happy growing! :flower:

Hurven
May 30th, 2015, 12:30 PM
Your hair looks great! I love it! :)

two_wheels
May 30th, 2015, 12:42 PM
Happy hair-birthday sparkly! Your hair is so beautiful. Envying your definition!

bluebreezes
May 30th, 2015, 01:01 PM
Happy First Anniversary, Sparklylady! Your hair is so gorgeous. If I was going to have blonde hair, I'd want it to look just like yours. Here's to a healthy year of growing ahead.

BrightEyes
May 30th, 2015, 01:10 PM
Your hair is beautiful! I love the waves. Did you have highlights before, and has the grow out been difficult? You are tempting me to try ;)

Lauraes
May 30th, 2015, 07:31 PM
Your curls are literally exactly what I've always wished my hair looked like. And the color is gorgeous too. Congrats! :)

Sparklylady82
May 30th, 2015, 08:10 PM
It looks beautiful, hair twin! :o You have certainly had a speedy growth considering you have been trimming in between. Happy growing! :flower:

Your hair looks great! I love it! :)

Happy hair-birthday sparkly! Your hair is so beautiful. Envying your definition!

Happy First Anniversary, Sparklylady! Your hair is so gorgeous. If I was going to have blonde hair, I'd want it to look just like yours. Here's to a healthy year of growing ahead.

Your hair is beautiful! I love the waves. Did you have highlights before, and has the grow out been difficult? You are tempting me to try ;)
I grew out for 8 months then in March I added very light highlights to blend the demarcation line.

Your curls are literally exactly what I've always wished my hair looked like. And the color is gorgeous too. Congrats! :)

Thanks all! This happened to be a great hair day and my waves have a mind of their own. Sometimes I get this much definition and sometimes less! :-) thanks for all the sweet replies!

yogagirl
May 30th, 2015, 08:27 PM
Congratulations on your growth! Your hair is so pretty. Lovely color and texture!

Breezy
May 30th, 2015, 09:44 PM
just beautiful and inspiring