PDA

View Full Version : Best plan of action for growing bleached hair?

Daisygc
May 28th, 2015, 11:41 AM
My hair is currently a bob/long bob!? It was bleached quite a few times and dyed pink. I have decided I want it natural, I miss my lovely shiny dark brown hair.

so I dyed it brown, with a copper semi and a dark brown perminant. Of course it's faded. It's not the colour I want at all. Should I dye it again with a semi or a perminant or do I just stick it out....

im in getting married in July and want beautiful hair. Really regretting having done this, it was so long and healthy before. 😿

Nightshade
May 28th, 2015, 11:47 AM
I think you should find a deposit only (semi-permanent dye) that's one shade lighter than you want (as the bleached hair will sponge up extra dye and go darker). Try that and then baby it :) You might find some useful information in the damage hair article in my signature.

MidnightMoon
May 28th, 2015, 11:48 AM
If having pretty hair for your wedding is your priority Id just go to a salon the week before and have it dyed. After the wedding you can start the real healthy process and cut a bit every two months or so and perhaps use henna, henna and indigo or semi permanent dyed that dont damage your hair such as pravana.

Daisygc
May 28th, 2015, 12:44 PM
I saw some henna hair dyes on amazon, I wonder if that will do the trick?
It would be nice to have something more permanent without damaging the hairs any more!!

Thanks for your comments, that article on damage is really interesting xx

elsieivy
May 28th, 2015, 12:53 PM
It would be nice to have something more permanent without damaging the hairs any more!!

Thanks for your comments, that article on damage is really interesting xxb

I love henna but it is very very permanent and the color is not for everyone. (There's a henna regrets thread around here somewhere with quite a few posts in it.) I'd be a little afraid to do something like that right before a wedding or important occasion. If you really think you might want to go the henna route please be sure to strand test and make sure you'll be happy with the color. Henna doesn't bleach out very well and if there is any indigo in the mix then it is almost completely impossible to remove without ending up with green hair. Personally I'd go with a deposit only dye like Adore if you aren't 110% sure that henna is right for you.

texangrrl
May 28th, 2015, 12:55 PM

Thanks for your comments, that article on damage is really interesting xx

If it's premixed boxed henna, I wouldn't trust it. You would want a good BAQ henna. However, henna is only one color - red. It's also a huge commitment and very seldom have people been able to remove it. Those that have removed it typically subject themselves to damaging products in order to do so. I love henna and it's a WONDERFUL thing for your hair!! However, I would thoroughly advice researching and strand testing before taking the henna plunge. Nightshade has a wonderful article on henna in her signature that you should read if you're truly interested in it. :)

Doreen
May 28th, 2015, 01:24 PM
I agree with MidnightMoon. Just baby it or leave it alone until right before the wedding; don't change the color until then. Coconut oil soaks (or other oil) once or twice weekly in the meantime might help prevent some of the damage that the pre-wedding dye will do, depending on the type of dye used. If a professional salon trip is in your budget for before the wedding then that is definitely the best option in my opinion but if not I think there is a box dye thread around here somewhere if you're trying to figure out which type to use intermittently. Don't try henna before then because it could have a weird outcome on top of the current faded dye and you probably don't want any surprises. Since it is only about a month away I don't think you're losing too much progress in the growing-out.

Daisygc
May 28th, 2015, 02:21 PM
Thank you, that sounds sensible! Salon is a good idea, I don't want to risk anything else going wrong.

I used to use the henna indigo mix from lush, I had highlights after which went green - not a good look :)
X