PDA

View Full Version : Boots' own and cones.

willowcandra
October 4th, 2008, 03:02 AM
I read up for ages yesterday on uk cone free conditioners for co washing. And chose Boots henna and horsechestnut. My dh went into town for me this morning and came back with a bottle. I was looking at the ingredients and it says dimethicone:confused: as 5th ingredient.

So has this changed? Is it not a good idea to use this for co?

So confuzed and now have three bottles of clutter (dh bought two shampoo and 1 conditioner when I said one tub of the intense and two conditioners.:rolleyes: he and ds will have to use them up lol. dd is blonde.) Oh it's going to be quite some time before I can try co and cone free lol.

shrimp
October 4th, 2008, 09:29 AM
My ex picked me up a bottle of this a few months ago when I was after the lavender and rosemary (he was being sweet and thoughful and making up for the fact he couldn't get me the one I wanted). I really didn't get why they put dimethicone in this one.

I tried it in spite of the cones having been cone free for a long time. I have to admit I just used it that once. It didn't seem bad, just left me hair feeling different to conefree (more like dd2/3 than clean).

Sorry - that wasn't remotely helpful was it :ponder:

Tami86
October 6th, 2008, 02:06 PM
That's weird. I got my cone-free conditioner from Boots recently.
Check if they have Honey and Oatmeal conditioner, coz that the one I have is cone-free and I really like it.

Tami86
October 6th, 2008, 02:11 PM
I checked the website. Doesn't seem like they do have it. Weird though *shrugs* We have it here in the UAE. :/