PDA

View Full Version : The 'Openly friend anyone on this thread without it being weird' thread.

Delilah
March 20th, 2008, 03:21 PM
I was looking at my pitiful friends list earlier and thought 'Wow, I hope nobody looks at my page and thinks I'm pathetic.'

Then a bit later, I read MadPirateBippy's thread and thought ...hmm, seriously, what's the big deal in feeling insecure over this friending thing. We're adults. We come here to chat and to share.

So post here if you are openminded enough to share your friendship with new people. Posting here entitles you to openly friend anyone on the post and be friended yourself.

***100 posts/60 days membership suggested***

WavyGirl
March 20th, 2008, 03:35 PM
Well, I've probably requested 75% of the friendships I'm now enjoying. I was a bit shy at first but I've decided that life's too short. The worst that can happen is that they don't accept and it remains pending indefinitely. I know some people will have reasons for not accepting, but so far most have been glad that I've asked. Feel free to ask me, I'll say yes if you have 100 post & 60 days membership.

eadwine
March 20th, 2008, 03:39 PM
I am just accepting anyone who contacts me, go right on ahead! Not all at once please, my mouse needs to breathe :lol:

wintersun99
March 20th, 2008, 03:40 PM
I've been slow to start a "blog" as in, not started one yet, so I haven't sent any friend requests out other then a few the first day (figured, if I want to read someone's "blog" then I should have one too) so until I get around to it, I've held off on lots of friend requests ..... but I will likely get more into the "friend" thing once my blog is up and running, someday..... long long long time from now... when I find time to figure out how to even START the dang thing... :)

Jaime
March 20th, 2008, 03:49 PM
Delilah - I'll be your friend, but I'm sure you'll understand if I avoid falling asleep when you're around. *:D

8) Jim

*Book of Judges 16:18 When Delilah saw that he had told her everything, she sent word to the rulers of the Philistines, "Come back once more; he has told me everything." So the rulers of the Philistines returned with the silver in their hands. 19 Having put him to sleep on her lap, she called a man to shave off the seven braids of his hair, and so began to subdue him. And his strength left him.

Delilah
March 20th, 2008, 03:53 PM
*Book of Judges 16:18 When Delilah saw that he had told her everything, she sent word to the rulers of the Philistines, "Come back once more; he has told me everything." So the rulers of the Philistines returned with the silver in their hands. 19 Having put him to sleep on her lap, she called a man to shave off the seven braids of his hair, and so began to subdue him. And his strength left him.

That's too funny... I'd never made the biblical connection in my username to the nature of this forum. It's from a song i listened to a lot during a tough time in my life.

AJoifulNoise
March 20th, 2008, 04:09 PM
I'm pretty open to all friends requests. Haven't turned anyone away yet!

Euphony
March 20th, 2008, 04:12 PM
I'm very friendly :grin:

Madam Librarian
March 20th, 2008, 04:27 PM
I'm pretty laid back, open and friendly. If this function existed on the old LHC, 99.9% of everyone here would have been my friends back there too. I can only think of a couple users I would deny, and only because they are/were known troublemakers and I just prefer to distance myself from that. And honestly, I haven't seen hide nor hair of those people in a while, so your chances of being my friend have just improved. ;)

I have been lazy/ignorant re: the blog function and the new profile page. Once I start a blog, it will stay public anyway. My old journal was the same. So don't anyone feel like they *have* to friend me in order to read my blog.

ETA: Huh-huh-huh, I said hide nor 'hair'.

Lixie
March 20th, 2008, 04:33 PM
Aw, Delilah, having a few friends isn't pathetic. Says she with a mere six of 'em. :lol:

I can't think of anyone on LHC whose friendship request I'd deny, so feel free to add me.

DavidN
March 20th, 2008, 04:42 PM
I accept any and all requests that come my way, and am touched that people would ask me to be their friend.:flowers: I have never turned a single person down.:grouphug:

Although I have sent out quite a few requests of my own, and probably half the people on my list were from my requests, for the most part, if I did not feel they knew me very well, I made a quick post to their profile page, just out of the feeling that I thought it best that I introduce myself. Quite often, I would not make the request immediately, until I received some sort of reply, whether on their profile page or mine.

Xanthippe
March 20th, 2008, 06:17 PM
I'll be friends with anyone that I recognize (If you have 100 posts and 60 days I will probably recognize you since I'm on here way too much :wink: ) or anyone that has some posts I can go read. So, feel free!

snowbird
March 20th, 2008, 06:41 PM
count me in! I must admit that I feel a bit insecure about this whole web 2.0 aspect of TLHC
:social anxiety: :silliness:

prosperina
March 20th, 2008, 06:47 PM
Ditto to what everyone else just said. Anyone that wants to is welcome to send me a request. I'm very open, laid back and friendly. I've accepted everyone, and I essentially use the friend list as a starting point for my journal reading--since it's difficult to find things in the blog section. Even new users are welcome. (although if you end up being a strange creepy new user, I'll delete you later anyway--not a situation that I really anticipate happening frequently.)

MadPirateBippy
March 20th, 2008, 07:14 PM
I'm game! I'm glad I wasn't the only one feeling a touch insecure about it.

The great thing, though, is that we're all adults, so we can simply TALK about things like this. Good greif, imagine how much less hellish Middle School could have been, if we'd all been, oh... 25 or older. :dance:

kissedbyfyre
March 20th, 2008, 07:18 PM
I accept anyone that asks for friends requests. I'm totally open, probably TOO open on occasion but whatever. One thing that I've found makes life worth while is our interactions with other people. :)

Really though, I never played into the popularity game. Either you like me or you don't. Either I ruffle your feathers or you love me. Not my problem either way. ;)

Cinnamon Hair
March 20th, 2008, 08:16 PM
I'm also ok with anyone who might like to friend me. :flowers:

kwaniesiam
March 20th, 2008, 08:17 PM
I'll also add anyone that I recognize. If you've had at least 50 posts or so I've probably seen you around so feel free to add me :) (is also on here way too much )

Naluin
March 20th, 2008, 10:13 PM
Friends! I love friends! I just don't love approaching people, apparently. By all means, friend me. :)

teela1978
March 20th, 2008, 10:18 PM
I've been avoiding the friend issue (I have one). I'd like more though. It would increase my self esteem :agree:

ETA: Maybe I'm too lazy to have friends. I started requesting some of y'all and got bored.

longhairedfairy
March 20th, 2008, 10:29 PM
Ditto! I like friends!:)

hazelceleste
March 20th, 2008, 10:32 PM
I'm not too big on sending friend requests (too much computer mumbo-jumbo for me, lol), but I'll never turn one down. :)

CountessDeJager
March 20th, 2008, 10:43 PM
Freely friendly here! :waving:

awesometruffle
March 20th, 2008, 10:48 PM
You're welcome to add me if you want. But right now I'm not on much, and don't have time to blog or post pictures, so I will probably be a very boring friend.

Wind Dragon
March 20th, 2008, 11:02 PM
I sent out a bunch of friend requests and kind of exhausted myself, but I'm still open to receiving them. :D

SHELIAANN1969
March 20th, 2008, 11:05 PM
Hi friends, feel free to "friend me" add me, "request friendship" and any other kind of contact you wish!!

winter
March 21st, 2008, 03:16 AM
I'm friendly too, feel free to add me you feel like it. :flower:

lavenderblue
March 21st, 2008, 03:53 AM
Aw, Delilah, having a few friends isn't pathetic. Says she with a mere six of 'em. :lol:

I can't think of anyone on LHC whose friendship request I'd deny, so feel free to add me.

If that's pathetic than I am super pathetic ;);) I have none! :cry: and I didn't know about the friend request thing until all the threats about it lately, I think it's too bad so many feel insecure about it!

KatKeRo
March 21st, 2008, 05:35 AM
Anyone can befriend me. I'm feeling friendly.

Xandergrammy
March 21st, 2008, 05:52 AM
I love making new friends! :joy: There's no such thing as too many friends, so please don't anyone be bashful. I'd love to be your friend. :flowers:

Guenever
March 21st, 2008, 06:19 AM
Friendly LHCer over here as well! :D I don't bite -- *scout's honor* (and yes, I have been a scout.. for almost 10 years until I turned 16 -- so I'm allowed^^)

annarose
March 21st, 2008, 08:02 AM
I'm friendly too :waving:

I've been known to be a keeper of friends, as in I'm the one that keeps in touch with all and lets others know how they are doing. I love my friends!!

Euphony
March 21st, 2008, 08:10 AM
ETA: Maybe I'm too lazy to have friends. I started requesting some of y'all and got bored.
hahaha I know exactly what you mean! I'm ADHD and I clicked, then clicked, then clicked, then clicked 'okay' then started over about 5 times yesterday in adding friends. Then I figured - that's good for now, I'll do more tomorrow ---ooooo look at the pretty shiny...and that's it for me!

naomimcc
March 21st, 2008, 09:45 AM
Go ahead and add me...I'm good with it... :D

Miss Murphy
March 21st, 2008, 09:47 AM
I'd be happy to be friends with any of you, just ask! :flower:

Shell
March 21st, 2008, 10:26 AM
My personal theory on this is--can you afford to turn down friendships? I can't speak for anyone else, but I can always use more friends!

pookatrina
March 21st, 2008, 10:35 AM
Count me in the if I know who you are you can be my buddy. :D

cassie_g
March 21st, 2008, 10:47 AM
I'm open to friends. 100 posts/60 days membership would be nice but if your awesome I'll forgive that. And it's easy to be awesome in my world so don't worry.

getoffmyskittle
March 21st, 2008, 10:51 AM
I don't mind if people friend me. :ponder:

Patrycja
March 21st, 2008, 11:16 AM
I added almost everyone on my list before they had a chance.I like to jump the gun haha

but I've also a instance when I've added someone and then they took me off :( I didn't and still don't know if I accidently offended anyone.

I'll add anyone that takes a look at my profile,I figure if you find me interesting enough to look-you can be my friend!

Delenn
March 21st, 2008, 11:19 AM
I'm still trying to figure out why we need a friends list here.

teela1978
March 21st, 2008, 11:34 AM
I'm still trying to figure out why we need a friends list here.
I'm kinda with you. Something about blogs....

I have friends now!!!!!! Thanks everyone :)

Wind Dragon
March 21st, 2008, 11:47 AM
that's good for now, I'll do more tomorrow ---ooooo look at the pretty shiny...and that's it for me!

I laughed out loud at this; yep, I can relate. I also find myself puzzled here and there at why a particular someone isn't already on my contact/friend list -- eep! I forgot, or surely I'd already taken care of that? but no, I suppose not. :shrug:

Delenn, teela, some people want to restrict their blogs and/or photo albums to their contacts/friends. While you can do that by just making everyone you're okay with a "contact," the friends thing is mutual -- by making the request, you're letting them know you have an interest in whatever they have for Show & Tell, too. I'm going ahead and making requests even of those who have everything public, so that if down the road they change their mind, I don't have to go chase them down. :face:

Delenn
March 21st, 2008, 11:51 AM
It's a shame we can't just have the public vs private sections like before, I kinda liked that setup... I could just surf when the urge hit.

Anyway, thanks for explaining it. Back to your regularly scheduled thread....

Euphony
March 21st, 2008, 12:03 PM
I laughed out loud at this; yep, I can relate. I also find myself puzzled here and there at why a particular someone isn't already on my contact/friend list -- eep! I forgot, or surely I'd already taken care of that? but no, I suppose not. :shrug:

I just got a request from someone that I could've sworn had been on my list for months (well okay maybe not that long :)), I felt bad when I realized she wasn't on it - now she is, it's all good!

Mrs_Zombie
March 21st, 2008, 12:22 PM
I don't have any friends. HAHA!

But i am open to friend requests!! ::flower::

AJoifulNoise
March 21st, 2008, 01:57 PM
I just wanted to put it out there that if anyone is wondering why I haven't friended them... Or is thinking I don't like them because I haven't friended them... That's not the case. It's just hard to get to everyone! If you want to be my friend, feel free to request. I haven't turned anyone down, and I don't plan to. If I recognize you, you are my friend. :flower:

Mrs_Zombie
March 21st, 2008, 02:21 PM
yay!! i have friends now...i'm not the kid eating alone at lunch anymore!! Not that i mind eating alone, but its nicer to have company :)

KellieKay
March 21st, 2008, 02:37 PM
On the old LHC it felt like everyone was friends.

HeavenlyTresses
March 21st, 2008, 04:10 PM
I love my computer cuz all my friends live in it!! :D I haven't turned anybody down yet, all 4 of you :). Besides, if you are too weird I can always delete you.

Celebrian
March 21st, 2008, 07:23 PM

Yes, I know what you mean... I've been a bit bemused by the Friendship List, because I'm perfectly capable of seeking out those people I wish to communicate with (privately, that is) and have been doing so for the last year. But I think I'm sort of getting to grips with the new ways now. :rolleyes:

coppercurls
March 21st, 2008, 09:03 PM
I am friend worthy~ :) I am just a bit lazy about sending out requests. Feel free to send me a request.

Wind Dragon
March 22nd, 2008, 12:26 AM
Besides, if you are too weird I can always delete you.
Yup, I keep expecting to see the little "Friend" checkmarks start disappearing from my "Contact" list any day now. :face:

ETA: To clarify, for those who aren't used to looking at them this way, if you go to "Quick Links" and select "Contacts & Friends," you see a page with all your Contacts on it. If they are also Friends, the little box by "Friend" is checked. If someone later breaks the friendship, you'll still see them on that page, but the "Friend" box will no longer be checked.

aisling
March 22nd, 2008, 01:21 AM
I love my computer cuz all my friends live in it!! :D I haven't turned anybody down yet, all 4 of you :). Besides, if you are too weird I can always delete you.

I know you don't mean it like that and it's said with the tongue in the cheek, I assume. But this is one problem I see with this, if somebody once write something you don't like, you can so easily just deny them access to your blog and photos, it's pretty easy to just cut somebody off.

To those complaining they don't have any or few friends, you know, this friendship thingy works both ways, you can also send out requests instead of just sitting around waiting for others to do it for you.

faeflame
March 30th, 2008, 05:50 PM

I totally agree!!
I'm not really comfy with jumping through the "friends" hoop just to view all my old fave journals-- but I'm going to try and force myself to deal with it. I mean if this is the only way to have LHC, well I'll learn to live with it.
That said, I consider anyone and everyone with the 100 post/ 60 days (just to weed out the tiny possibility of trolls) to be my bestest friend ever. Feel free to add, request me, etc. This is LHC, we're all friends.

cuddledumplin
March 30th, 2008, 06:40 PM
Aw, it's not a contest, so don't feel like that number says anything about you as a person. I'll be your friend. I'm friendly (and more than a little goofy), and like Madam Librarian, I can't think of anyone here I'd reject. I feel like everyone here is my friend whether he/ she is on my friend list or not.

Darian Moone
March 30th, 2008, 07:04 PM
I'm open to new friends too. :D I just kind of prefer 100 posts/6 months membership so that I know I'm friending someone who is "for real" about being here at the LHC.

tuuli
March 31st, 2008, 05:59 PM
I'm open too. :D
Feel free to push the befriend button. :)

intothemist1999
March 31st, 2008, 06:38 PM
I love my computer cuz all my friends live in it!! :D .

:rollin: Too funny!

I'm open for business, too!

zift
March 31st, 2008, 07:09 PM

I cannot agree more.I don't see my list as a true friends list though, I'm picky on real friends, this here is just an option to give access to reach our private space.

Accolady
March 31st, 2008, 07:14 PM
Geez, I hate to copy word for word, but this says it all for me:

Aw, it's not a contest, so don't feel like that number says anything about you as a person. I'll be your friend. I'm friendly (and more than a little goofy), and like Madam Librarian, I can't think of anyone here I'd reject. I feel like everyone here is my friend whether he/ she is on my friend list or not.

Thanks, Cuddledumplin!

(By the way, that is what I call my Wub - Dumpling! LOL) :)

Melein
April 3rd, 2008, 12:05 AM
I was planning to read this thread and friend people who had posted here that I'd interacted with around the board. But I haven't got the 100 posts/60 days yet, and I wouldn't want to put anyone here in an awkward position, so...

If anyone doesn't mind that I'm new (and I completely understand the reasons behind people's reservations, having run into many internet trolls myself at various places) then please feel free to friend me!

purplebubba
April 3rd, 2008, 12:53 AM
Anyone that wishes to add me may add me.

Chromis
April 3rd, 2008, 01:52 PM
Just don't call me late-to-dinner and I'm plenty friendly :)

DaSwiss
April 4th, 2008, 01:57 AM
I need friends for my blog! I'm into OCM and anything au natural.

Being an expat, I'm used to coming straight out and saying 'wanna be friends' - I can't afford not to! So no weirdness here!:p

kimki
April 4th, 2008, 03:08 AM
I kind of worried about sending out friends requests in case people thought...who the hell is she?! :) Maybe I should just send out more.

paper
April 5th, 2008, 06:57 AM
I'm open for friends, if you want to add me. Can never have too many friends. :)

happylynngilmer
April 5th, 2008, 11:04 AM
I too have not denied anyone's request, and can't think of anyone I would!

I've searched a few people out -mostly ones who's journals I miss reading, but I sent a few more out today so maybe I'll have more friends tmw when I log on.

LHC is home to me, and homes are full of friends; whether they are on my "friends" list or not. ;)

Crysania
April 5th, 2008, 11:17 AM
Im also open for friend requests, feel free to add me :)

pariate
April 16th, 2008, 07:33 PM
and only because they are/were known troublemakers and I just prefer to distance myself from that.

Ooooooo! I missed the drama! It's so weird when you find people like that on forums, but every forum has their share. Makes you wonder what those people are like in person - do they just cause conflict online or are they always looking for that kind of drama? :luke: Weird, huh?

pariate
April 16th, 2008, 07:34 PM
Oh, and back on topic... Feel free to say hi to lil' ol' me too! :)

amaiaisabella
April 16th, 2008, 08:10 PM
I only have one friend! That makes me so very sad, since there are so many nice people that have helped me out on this forum.

I have tons of newbie questions though, so be warned! :)

yogachic
April 16th, 2008, 08:15 PM
I haven't turned anyone down either, I'll be your friend.

amaiaisabella
April 16th, 2008, 08:39 PM
Yay! Thank you :)

1nuitblanche
April 16th, 2008, 09:15 PM
Well, I don't qualify for the 100 posts yet, or for the 60 days of membership (I'm working on it)... But I like friends. So I'll post here now and we'll take it from there, eh?

kimki
April 17th, 2008, 05:01 AM
amaiaisabella, 1nuitblanche I'll be your friend. :)

EllisGurl
April 17th, 2008, 06:05 AM
I'm in!!!! I don't like the friends thing either but my blog is "friends only" because I have, in the past, posted face pics there.

I just sent...IDK...how many friends requests!

amaiaisabella
April 17th, 2008, 08:28 AM
Thanks kimiki! I accepted you :)

pariate
April 18th, 2008, 02:26 AM
This is a sweet thread :)

Tap Dancer
April 21st, 2008, 03:52 PM
I'm a loner in "the real world" but I love having online/forum friends. I've requested lots of friends and I probably won't turn anyone away, either. *hint, hint* ;)

amaiaisabella
April 21st, 2008, 03:59 PM
TapDancer, I'll friend you if you want!

wavestogrow
April 29th, 2008, 07:19 PM
I also love the idea of this thread. If you can put up with me, I'd love to add you to my friends. :)

lemonlife
May 11th, 2008, 01:34 PM
W00t! Friend me :)

OhioLisa
May 11th, 2008, 01:51 PM
I'll join in the fun here too. :)

Medievalhair
May 11th, 2008, 04:16 PM
I'm usaully shy, and don't talk much. I'm very quiet, but I don't mind people sending me friend requests.

DecafJane
May 12th, 2008, 01:14 AM
Sweet! I'd like to leap onto the bandwagon - I'm happy to accept friend requests. My journal and albums are public anyway, but I am happy for new friends anytime! :D

Chromis
May 18th, 2008, 08:19 AM
In kinship with the happy thread on the friendship board, I'm bumping this one back to the front page! :cheese:

n3m3sis42
May 18th, 2008, 10:35 AM
Hi, all! Now that I've been here 60 days and have been granted access to the "meetup" boards (thanks, mods!), I'm hoping it's appropriate for me to post to this thread.

Please feel free to friend me, and I will friend you back. :)

EbonyCurls
May 18th, 2008, 10:44 AM
Hello everybody!!!
Feel free to add me!

Bellatrix
May 18th, 2008, 06:42 PM
"All aboard the friend-ship"

-Mr. Burns

I'm very friendly. And I can hook you up with all the best cat macros.