PDA

View Full Version : Biker hair

nakima
May 26th, 2015, 01:12 PM
Hi All, I thought this might be a fun topic so, Just out of curiousity any other bikers on the forum? I ride a 1987 Harley sportster 1100 evo and I wear my hair roped off with lots of little ties and a bandana tied tightly down so the wind won't make a birds nest on the top of my head lol! My hair is tb length it's pretty cool seeing it in my shadow waving in the wind behind me. How do you wear your hair while riding?

Lianna
May 26th, 2015, 01:17 PM
I'm not a biker but I think the hair glove is awesome.

http://img.jpcycles.com/zoom/150-864_A.jpg

Fericera
May 26th, 2015, 02:51 PM

I love these too! I was at a truck stop one day, and a whole bunch of bikers came in to eat. All the women had long hair, and were wearing some variation of these. I thought it was so cool!

I've never even ridden on a motorcycle, but one day it would be fun. :)

missrandie
May 26th, 2015, 03:45 PM
I actually had a hair cover from the Biker's Den. For lack of better terms, it was my "hair condom." It rolled over my braid and protected all my hair from top to bottom. With that, I was able to still wear my helmet!

silvurgrin
May 26th, 2015, 03:51 PM
I've been thinking a lot about this, lately. I'm about to start a bike rebuild, and my hair is considerably longer now than it was when I first took the bike out. Then, I just tucked it under the helmet, but now I know better. I don't have any solutions to offer anyone,but I'm glad there are options out there for me. I'll have to go in store to see what's around, I guess.

elea
May 26th, 2015, 04:17 PM
Low braid so hair can fit under helmet and braid under jacket so it not come visit front when stopping.

Other than that, I would advise tight hair-glove if you go for one, these things do fly off rather well if too loose.

Alun
May 26th, 2015, 06:21 PM
When I used to ride a motorcycle I used to ponytail my hair and tuck it in my jacket, often held in place by a faux silk scarf (white, red baron style). OTOH, I didn't then know how to braid my hair, and I think that would protect it better, albeit it takes slightly longer.

nakima
May 26th, 2015, 07:15 PM

I love those but my hair is to thin :(

nakima
May 26th, 2015, 07:18 PM
I always see ladies around here riding with loose hair and I cant even go around the block with my hair down it ends up a tanlgles mess! I do braid mine sometimes and that works to :)

nakima
May 26th, 2015, 07:22 PM
I've been thinking a lot about this, lately. I'm about to start a bike rebuild, and my hair is considerably longer now than it was when I first took the bike out. Then, I just tucked it under the helmet, but now I know better. I don't have any solutions to offer anyone,but I'm glad there are options out there for me. I'll have to go in store to see what's around, I guess.

I rope mine and the do rag seems to help with helmet hair, you know making it look all flat when we remove our helmets :) I dont like that look lol!

nakima
May 26th, 2015, 07:25 PM
I love these too! I was at a truck stop one day, and a whole bunch of bikers came in to eat. All the women had long hair, and were wearing some variation of these. I thought it was so cool!

I've never even ridden on a motorcycle, but one day it would be fun. :)

you would really enjoy yourself, it makes you feel free being in the wind!

cat11
May 26th, 2015, 08:48 PM
I saw a biker lady riding today today with about waist length hair, done in a banded ponytail (like jasmine but not with the puffs) to keep it from going crazy

I thought it was kinda cool as a hair solution because I've gotten so into hair tips

TaterTot
May 26th, 2015, 09:00 PM
I ride a Honda ruckus with a full face helmet. It always knocks my hair around ;_;

hananabread
May 27th, 2015, 12:43 AM
Some of the local guys have beautiful and long fishtail braids. Their braids are always perfect and smooth, much more than I am capable of! The ladies that I know are passengers and seem to leave their hair down. My mother in law forgot a proper headband while she was abroad. They traveled on the Harley for a month, and she put a sportsbra strap on her head as a headband, and gathered the length into the bra cup. :-P

Agnes Hannah
May 27th, 2015, 04:58 AM
When I was a biker chick (first hubby was a biker, still is) my hair wasn't as long as it is now, it was about BSL, I used to use a headscarf to contain it underneath the helmet. It did help, but ultimately, I had splits, but I didn't know how to look after my hair then.

Cania
May 27th, 2015, 05:05 AM
I used to braid mine and coil it into my helmet. My fear was always that if I left it out and I took a spill, my hair would scrape the road and end up a broken mess.

Crabbyco
May 27th, 2015, 06:03 AM
I do a low banded pony or braid. Been wanting to try braiding a scarf or leather strips to get a bigger braid. I would like to try a hair glove. Have a hair wrapper, not my favorite. The diva do slips off my head when I put my helmet on and my hubby says I look Amish with it on.
Don't like putting my hair in my jacket because it restricts my head movement, which isn't a big deal when I'm a passenger. But when I'm on my own bike, I want my head free to move quickly.
When it was shorter I would use a flat barrette and put it under my helmet, but that makes pressure points now.

Mustang Suzy
May 27th, 2015, 06:52 AM
I use a neoprene hair glove which works well with thin hair.

I have also purchased a "Wrapter" http://wrapter.com/products-and-ordering/ As my hair grows and the braid thickens up a bit the wrapter will work better.

missrandie
May 27th, 2015, 06:58 AM
That's The one I had! It was the pink one. I had to use 2 pony bands at the top though... one for my hair and one for the Wrapter.

Climber
May 27th, 2015, 08:24 AM
That Wrapter looks great!

I put my hair in a low braid and cover it with a kind of homemade hair wrap: a long rectangle with snaps that covers my braid. I secure that with elastics. Lastly, I wear a Buff over my head, between my hair and the helmet. Braid goes on the outside of jacket. That's pretty much what I did when I was a Society for Creative Anachronism heavy weapons fighter.

nakima
May 27th, 2015, 01:35 PM
Some of the local guys have beautiful and long fishtail braids. Their braids are always perfect and smooth, much more than I am capable of! The ladies that I know are passengers and seem to leave their hair down. My mother in law forgot a proper headband while she was abroad. They traveled on the Harley for a month, and she put a sportsbra strap on her head as a headband, and gathered the length into the bra cup. :-P

HAhaha! what a great idea! sounds like they had a great time!

nakima
May 27th, 2015, 01:38 PM
I use a neoprene hair glove which works well with thin hair.

I have also purchased a "Wrapter" http://wrapter.com/products-and-ordering/ As my hair grows and the braid thickens up a bit the wrapter will work better.

I will have to try this one. Thanks for sharing!