PDA

View Full Version : Forgot how silky my hair really is.

missrandie
May 25th, 2015, 08:13 PM
I had gotten so used to having short spiky feeling hair that wasn't long enough to have much silkiness at all, that I had forgotten how it really felt.

Tonight, I ran my fingers through my hair and felt all the cool, smooth strands of hair and it made me smile! I can't wait until the strands are even longer.

I also see now that I really am fine textured, not medium. My husband has medium textured hair that looks coarse in comparison to mine. It takes three of my hairs to look like one of his!

Has anybody else ever forgotten about their hair qualities due to short length? Because it is awesome to rediscover my favorites:)

endlessly
May 25th, 2015, 08:47 PM
I have to agree, I love that feeling, too! I had pretty heavily damaged hair nearly 8 years ago and made the difficult decision to cut it to shoulder-length in order to remove all of the coarse, damaged ends - and like you, I'd also forgotten that hair could feel that silky and smooth. Thankfully, I learned from my past mistakes and now take much better care of my hair to have that same smooth feel, so it was definitely eye opening!

Also, when I was very, very young, my mother kept my hair in a short bob hairstyle and I was always told how coarse and rough it was - turns out, that wasn't the case! Once it grew, it became silky smooth - almost too silky to even do anything with!

It's a great feeling, so continue to enjoy it!

longhairmomof7
May 25th, 2015, 08:53 PM
awwww, It's a great feeling!! Hugs!!

Bill D.
May 25th, 2015, 09:44 PM
Yes, it's a great feeling! When I was a teenager and my hair was thick, I used to revel in its silkiness when I was alone even as I pined for it to be longer. My mother kept on cutting it, and even when she stopped it seemed to take forever to get longer.

Bill D.

Wildcat Diva
May 25th, 2015, 10:38 PM
Enjoy! I don't remember being longer than this before, but it is nice when you feel your hair on your back like a cape. :)

browneyedsusan
May 26th, 2015, 05:04 AM
Oh yeah. I had no idea what would happen when I grew it out. I'd been pixied a lot of years, and permed before that!

KittyBird
May 26th, 2015, 05:14 AM
I went the opposite way - I cut off around 30-35 cm - from tbl+ to waist/hip length, and suddenly discovered that my hair was actually soft and silky. I had ratty, damaged ends before the chop, and they made all of my hair feel rough, tangly and nasty. Still have some damage left, but significantly less than before. My hair feels really amazing nowadays :o

Nique1202
May 26th, 2015, 05:55 AM
My mom always dyed her hair because she started getting greys and whites in her 20s, so it was always damaged and coarse-feeling and if it grew out to apl she'd chop it back to a pixie or a bob because it felt so awful. Now since she got inspired by me growing my hair out, she's been growing out the LHC way with only occasional henna for colour (and she's even given that up now!) and she's always marveling at how soft and silky it is. It's funny what happens when you give your hair what it needs instead of making it do what you want.

chen bao jun
May 26th, 2015, 08:03 AM
I thought my hair was harsh and rough and been shocked to feel how silky it is with enough moisture. The silliness goes away when I take too l9ng between washes though, which I do, have to get better at this,

Fericera
May 26th, 2015, 02:54 PM
My mom always dyed her hair because she started getting greys and whites in her 20s, so it was always damaged and coarse-feeling and if it grew out to apl she'd chop it back to a pixie or a bob because it felt so awful. Now since she got inspired by me growing my hair out, she's been growing out the LHC way with only occasional henna for colour (and she's even given that up now!) and she's always marveling at how soft and silky it is. It's funny what happens when you give your hair what it needs instead of making it do what you want.

That's great your mom is finally feeling happy with her hair. I couldn't agree with that last line more! It makes all the difference in hair care.