PDA

View Full Version : Stepping out of the shadows at last

Techmouse
May 24th, 2015, 08:03 PM
Good day all. I finally found the courage to join here after a couple of years lurking. I learned a lot during my time lurking (like why I should not use a brush on my fine, curly, thick hair, regardless of what others say) and look forward to learning more.
My hair is odd at times. I had it cut in a 1 inch pixie for several years just for manageablity. Five years later, my hair has reached MBL+ and I am headed to waist. Before coming here, I would get 6+ inches a year cut off because of damage. Now, I've learned to micro trim my own hair. Contrary to what I was told, I find long hair to be easier to handle, what with no blow dryer required and only needing to wash it twice a week.
i especially love learning new buns because I don't wear my hair down very often any more, and am eagerly anticipating the new buns that I'll be able to accomplish as my hair gets longer.

hennalonghair
May 24th, 2015, 09:12 PM
Welcome welcome! It is indeed exciting to learn about taking better care of our hair. I wish you a wonderful journey.

endlessly
May 24th, 2015, 09:36 PM
Welcome! It's so good to hear how much you've learned and I agree, long hair is, oddly enough, definitely easier to care for. Plus, like you said, there are so many fun, new hairstyles to learn.

lapushka
May 25th, 2015, 07:11 AM
Welcome. iii hair can be challenging, but we're all here to support one another! :)

Techmouse
May 25th, 2015, 10:25 AM
Thanks, y'all. Nice to meet you both.

gthlvrmx
May 28th, 2015, 03:30 PM
Welcome! Yes, long hair is a little easier to take care of in my opinion.